Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#529 Jan 6, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
He employs bandwagon fallacy in that just another logical fallacy thr he so desperately relies on.
<quoted text>
Please explain and give examples.

In what way does my argument:
"The dictionary contains definitions of words" employ the "bandwagon fallacy"?

"If something fits the definition of a given word, then that thing can be labelled with that word." employ the bandwagon fallacy?

"Egypt is a real place. Ramses was a real Pharaoh that ruled there. The people believed he was a god." employ the bandwagon fallacy?

I've giving you ever opportunity to prove your point. The least you can do is try.

Valley Village, CA

#530 Jan 6, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
Nuggin, have a great week.
I will continue reading.
Well, if it's a "great week" there might not be much to read. We hear back from Paramount about our pilot script in Monday _and_ we're supposed to be getting a check for the first of two features we're working on.

Once everyone gets back to work, I might be too busy to post with the sort of regularity I can muster during vacation.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#531 Jan 6, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if it's a "great week" there might not be much to read. We hear back from Paramount about our pilot script in Monday _and_ we're supposed to be getting a check for the first of two features we're working on.
Once everyone gets back to work, I might be too busy to post with the sort of regularity I can muster during vacation.
Good luck with that!!

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#532 Jan 6, 2013
Ok nugget you keep counting on your amazing logical fallacy posts.

Oh wait we are supposed to believe that nuggets trolling posts touched you so much you simply must out of the blue run to defend him. Now is that more likely or is it more likely you are a sock?

:shakes head:
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Posters like you are a dime a dozen, easy to spot because, when confronted, all they have are insults.
Weak, hon, weak.
I will continue to count on Nuggin and posters similar to him because it is these posters who actually contribute things worthwhile to Topix threads.
Nuggin, have a great week.
I will continue reading.
Just wanted to chat with you and say hello.
Please keep up the good work for the posters who benefit from it.

Chicago, IL

#533 Jan 6, 2013
Yes not nugget do me a favor, unless of course you have finished sock peppering :wink:

Start the dramatic music!

Please show me these wonderful, enlightening sparkling posts from nugget that are years old as you claim that so inspired you. Because anything I has ever read by him is the standard troll fare of obfuscating what someone has said and employing a straw man fallacy and a hom attacks. Not much more.

So by all means provide a link to these posts from years ago that inspired a catholic such as yourself who is totally not nugget.:wink:

Hmm I predict a lame dodge and insult perhaps a indignant, you don't tell me what to do! What we won't see is these sagely so called wise guru posts that the sock claims. Nugget will say errr she has left already!

Lol isn't it sad that his self esteem is this low? Regular well adjusted people don't need socks to come on and say how great they are. They let their words show it. Relying on this like nugget does truly shows how low his self esteem and IQ are. He is literally using his favorite band wagon fallacy as we speak! How pathetic that is just so sad. I bet nugget is like oh ya! Let me get the dude screen name to ad o the bandwagon fallacy! That will do it!

Lol
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Posters like you smarter than Nuggin.
Just wanted to chat with you and say hello.
Please keep up the good work for the posters who benefit from it.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#534 Jan 6, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Ok nugget you keep counting on your amazing logical fallacy posts.
Oh wait we are supposed to believe that nuggets trolling posts touched you so much you simply must out of the blue run to defend him. Now is that more likely or is it more likely you are a sock?
:shakes head:
<quoted text>
I have over 55,000 posts. I am a registered member and have been for a few years now.
Your attempts to discredit me are futile.
BTW, do you realize that you are not different than the fundies and the 'godbots' you so love to attack?
lol
Nuggin is not a troll.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#535 Jan 6, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes not nugget do me a favor, unless of course you have finished sock peppering :wink:
Start the dramatic music!
Please show me these wonderful, enlightening sparkling posts from nugget that are years old as you claim that so inspired you. Because anything I has ever read by him is the standard troll fare of obfuscating what someone has said and employing a straw man fallacy and a hom attacks. Not much more.
So by all means provide a link to these posts from years ago that inspired a catholic such as yourself who is totally not nugget.:wink:
Hmm I predict a lame dodge and insult perhaps a indignant, you don't tell me what to do! What we won't see is these sagely so called wise guru posts that the sock claims. Nugget will say errr she has left already!
Lol isn't it sad that his self esteem is this low? Regular well adjusted people don't need socks to come on and say how great they are. They let their words show it. Relying on this like nugget does truly shows how low his self esteem and IQ are. He is literally using his favorite band wagon fallacy as we speak! How pathetic that is just so sad. I bet nugget is like oh ya! Let me get the dude screen name to ad o the bandwagon fallacy! That will do it!
Lol
<quoted text>
I started out on Topix on the Evolution Debate threads. From there, I switched to the Christian Forums.

It was in the Evolution Debate threads that I first 'met' Nuggin and many other fine posters, some Christians, some not.
Many one can learn from: Nuggin, Fossil Bob, Ted from Ohio, etc.
I know I left out many though.
You see, I realized that Nuggin just didn't post. He researched a lot of his answers before posting them. I learned much about evolution from him and others.
I learned that I share many goals with him and others on those threads also.
The right to marriage is one. Ridding the U.S. of attempts by certain religious groups to influence our very laws/government with their personal religious views is another.
I do not care whether you accept me for who I am or not.
That doesn't bother me at all.
Your problem with Nuggin seems to be more personal rather than actually with his posts.

Have a good life, hon. I wish you well.

Valley Village, CA

#536 Jan 6, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>I have over 55,000 posts. I am a registered member and have been for a few years now.
BTW, do you realize that you are not different than the fundies and the 'godbots' you so love to attack?
lol
Nuggin is not a troll.
It seems Give things that I (with 20k posts of my own) created a sock account that I then used to put up another 55k posts.

He's more than a little bit delusional.

Notice that I have asked him repeatedly for examples of these so called fallacies and he has yet to provide one?

Though, for the record. I am a troll.:)

I enjoy picking people like him and sending them into a tailspin by confronting them about their posts.

I just also happen to know a great deal about a lot of different subjects and can hold my own in just about any discussion.

Exception: NASCAR. Don't get it. Don't want to get it.

Louisville, KY

#537 Jan 6, 2013
Rotflmfao! You even use the nugget line about atheists being like Fundies! Ok we'll pretend you are a completely different person who didn't come here because nugget needed his low self esteem taken of.:wink:

Still waiting for these glorious ( hit the dramatic music ) wonderfully clever posts of his that astounded you.

Honestly show me post a link because all I have ever seen out of him is logical fallacy and ad homs. Do enlighten me not nugget.
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>I have over 55,000 posts. I am a registered member and have been for a few years now.
lol
Nuggin is not a troll.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#538 Jan 7, 2013
Kittenkoder and givemeliberty are one in the same sick person. This troll uses many identities in an attempt to garner attention by disrupting discussions. This is only one of many forums where this roll operates. DO NOT FEED THIS TROLL by responding to its comments.

Louisville, KY

#539 Jan 7, 2013
Not hardly me an KK have had our disagreements. By the way why do you keep cowering from my question? Here I will humiliate here as well.

Why should anyone accept god as anything more than a product of someone's vivid imagination?

Perhaps you could at least try to answer it? Hey I will give you bonus points just for trying.:)
BBSting wrote:
Kittenkoder and givemeliberty are one in the same sick person. This troll uses many identities in an attempt to garner attention by disrupting discussions. This is only one of many forums where this roll operates. DO NOT FEED THIS TROLL by responding to its comments.

Valley Village, CA

#540 Jan 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Rotflmfao! You even use the nugget line about atheists being like Fundies! Ok we'll pretend you are a completely different person who didn't come here because nugget needed his low self esteem taken of.:wink:
Still waiting for these glorious ( hit the dramatic music ) wonderfully clever posts of his that astounded you.
Honestly show me post a link because all I have ever seen out of him is logical fallacy and ad homs. Do enlighten me not nugget.
<quoted text>
Still waiting for a single example of a logical fallacy....

Still not hearing a thing.

By the way, declaring that because you have seen a post from me that is a logical fallacy, therefore every post from me is a logical fallacy - is a logical fallacy.

And suggesting that my posts are about self esteem rather than addressing the points I raise - is ad hom.

So, Pot/Kettle etc.

Valley Village, CA

#541 Jan 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Not hardly me an KK have had our disagreements. By the way why do you keep cowering from my question? Here I will humiliate here as well.
Why should anyone accept god as anything more than a product of someone's vivid imagination?
Perhaps you could at least try to answer it? Hey I will give you bonus points just for trying.:)
<quoted text>
How do we know you aren't just logging on to the KK account and posting a disagreement just to make us think you are two different people?

I mean, after all, you've got less than 20k posts on this account.

You think I made a fake account with close to 60k posts on it.

Use your same logic on yourself.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#542 Jan 7, 2013
BBSting wrote:
Interesting assertion. This one I think I will play with a bit now. Where is your evidence of this?

A great person once said "great minds think alike," so thank you for associating me with givemeliberty, he has impressed me quite a bit. Sadly he lives so far from me I cannot enjoy a latte with him. Please, tell us, who else are we?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#543 Jan 7, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we know you aren't just logging on to the KK account and posting a disagreement just to make us think you are two different people?
How do we know you are not an agent of Al Quida attempting to cause problems in the US population as part of the next terrorist plot?

Valley Village, CA

#544 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we know you are not an agent of Al Quida attempting to cause problems in the US population as part of the next terrorist plot?
You don't.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#545 Jan 7, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't.
An excellent and honest answer.

Lexington, KY

#546 Jan 7, 2013
Random screen name pops up just to say how super cool your logical fallacies are. Sock or not that just screams of low self esteem. You remind me of the old half wit So. Cal chumps I used to crush at UCLA, these chumps knew nothing or little but had this badgering, obfuscation, straw man method they would use against their betters to try to debate. I would shoot them down easily as I do you. But please beg for more socks-not socks ( doesn't matter ) to say how super cool your desperation logical fallacies are, it's great of a laugh.

Mmmmm yummy tears of desperation, can I has more please?:)
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>

Lexington, KY

#547 Jan 7, 2013
If you ever make it out my way I can take you to see Churchill Downs and if you come derby time we have my family's box if you want to watch the big race. It's interesting derby time people from all over the world flocking in.:)
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting assertion. This one I think I will play with a bit now. Where is your evidence of this?
A great person once said "great minds think alike," so thank you for associating me with givemeliberty, he has impressed me quite a bit. Sadly he lives so far from me I cannot enjoy a latte with him. Please, tell us, who else are we?

Valley Village, CA

#548 Jan 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Random screen name pops up just to say how super cool your logical fallacies are. Sock or not that just screams of low self esteem. You remind me of the old half wit So. Cal chumps I used to crush at UCLA, these chumps knew nothing or little but had this badgering, obfuscation, straw man method they would use against their betters to try to debate. I would shoot them down easily as I do you. But please beg for more socks-not socks ( doesn't matter ) to say how super cool your desperation logical fallacies are, it's great of a laugh.
Mmmmm yummy tears of desperation, can I has more please?:)
<quoted text>
Yawn.

This is what? 20 posts in a row from you about how awesome you think you are and how you allege that I am using strawmen as a fallacy. Yet, I keep asking you to present and example and you never seem to be able to.

I've got 20k posts. Surely you can find ONE that has a fallacy somewhere in it and push this conversation forward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min KiMare 233,064
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 50 min ChristineM 1,454
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr J RULES 23,252
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 1 hr Reason Personified 10
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 9 hr Even Steven 2,607
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 10 hr Richardfs 166
God' existence 11 hr polymath257 84
More from around the web