Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

I am just getting a kick out of making a small comment and he rampaging wall of text again and again. So funny making the lonely friendless chump dance or my amusement.

Hey nugget do me a favor, have some random screen name just pop up to say how cool you are and then vanish never to be seen again on the thread. That's my favorite :))

This is fun!

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
I am just getting a kick out of making a small comment and he rampaging wall of text again and again. So funny making the lonely friendless chump dance or my amusement.
Hey nugget do me a favor, have some random screen name just pop up to say how cool you are and then vanish never to be seen again on the thread. That's my favorite :))
This is fun!
Well, seeing as I don't control who reads the thread or what they post I don't really have the ability to do that.

Unlike you, Skippy. I don't find it necessary to utilize sock puppets.

As for the rest, as I pointed out earlier, I'm not Chinese. Calling me a "slanty-eyed yellow skinned Chink" isn't going to offend me. It's just going to make me roll my eyes at how desperate you are to come up with an insult.

I type fast and I respond to most posts. That's because we're still in the "Christmas-New Years" holiday that shuts down this entire town.

I'm literally waiting for other people to get back to work so I can get on with the job at hand.

Tell me, Liberty, what are you doing that you have so much time to post? Accountant? Code monkey? Nanny?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

I ponder if Nugglet even has friends online. I mean he obvious is a recluse, whether by choice or not.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
I ponder if Nugglet even has friends online. I mean he obvious is a recluse, whether by choice or not.
You have posted as often as he he had today.
Project much?

Yes, Nuggin has friends, but what is more, Nuggin actually knows what he is talking about on any given subject.
Sorry, I cannot see any way to say the same about you.

I have been a fan of Nuggin's posts for several years now.
I have learned a lot from them.
Yes, I know Nuggin is an atheist and I am Catholic, still...
the man knows a lot of interesting and helpful FACTS and I have learned from reading his posts.

I highly doubt Nuggin would ever change the way he posts just to please some others who just don't know out of ignorance many of the things he does.

Thank you, Nuggin. You were one of the first posters three or four years ago that caused me to stay on Topix, and why? Because I found there actually are some posters out there from whom you can learn something. And, that is always a good thing.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>You have posted as often as he he had today.
Project much?
Yes, Nuggin has friends, but what is more, Nuggin actually knows what he is talking about on any given subject.
the man knows a lot of interesting and helpful FACTS and I have learned from reading his posts.
I highly doubt Nuggin would ever change the way he posts just to please some others who just don't know out of ignorance many of the things he does.
Thank you, Nuggin. You were one of the first posters three or four years ago that caused me to stay on Topix, and why? Because I found there actually are some posters out there from whom you can learn something. And, that is always a good thing.
Friends online would explain why we're online a lot. So no, I did not.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Friends online would explain why we're online a lot. So no, I did not.
Lie number one..........

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Right on time! Wow am I good or what?
Nettiebelle wrote:
Project much?

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
Project much?
Thanks Netty, glad to see you're still reading.

I know it's probably been really boring for you these last few weeks with Kitty basically proclaiming everything a lie and Aura flipping and flopping his position.

Hang in there. Eventually someone will have to take a position on something.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Right on time! Wow am I good or what?
<quoted text>
I admit, you did call it. Funny that Netty isn't responding to that post though.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Netty, glad to see you're still reading.
I know it's probably been really boring for you these last few weeks with Kitty basically proclaiming everything a lie and Aura flipping and flopping his position.
Hang in there. Eventually someone will have to take a position on something.
:)
I will.
I rarely post here, yet I do enjoy your posts, as always.
Take care, Nuggin!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit, you did call it. Funny that Netty isn't responding to that post though.
I checked out her homepage.
I found her dull.
lol

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

You went a little overboard here chumpstain. And by a little I mean a lot.

It's almost cute how badly this was done.
Nettiebelle wrote:
Project much?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, seeing as I don't control who reads the thread or what they post I don't really have the ability to do that.
Unlike you, Skippy. I don't find it necessary to utilize sock puppets.
As for the rest, as I pointed out earlier, I'm not Chinese. Calling me a "slanty-eyed yellow skinned Chink" isn't going to offend me. It's just going to make me roll my eyes at how desperate you are to come up with an insult.
I type fast and I respond to most posts. That's because we're still in the "Christmas-New Years" holiday that shuts down this entire town.
I'm literally waiting for other people to get back to work so I can get on with the job at hand.
Tell me, Liberty, what are you doing that you have so much time to post? Accountant? Code monkey? Nanny?
All that shouty ranting and you still don't understand the burden or proof.

YOu think things become gods simply because people call them that.

Intead of having hard evidence behind something being a god.

That is the flaw in your argument.

No point getting pissy when you're in the wrong, just educmacate yourself and maybe you won't look like such an a$$ in this forum?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Lie number one..........
Pray-tell, which part of that was a "lie," according to you?

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
All that shouty ranting and you still don't understand the burden or proof.
YOu think things become gods simply because people call them that.
No point getting pissy when you're in the wrong, just educmacate yourself and maybe you won't look like such an a$$ in this forum?
Skippy, I must say I am astonished to find you actually trying to make a point in one of your posts.

Was this a resolution or something?

Let me be clear.

All gods are gods because people believe in them. There isn't a single example that you or anyone else can come up with of a god in which there were no believers.

The reason that "Jesus" is a god and "Homeless guy on the side of the street" isn't, is because the Christians _believe_ in Jesus and no one _believes_ in homeless guy.

That is the defining characteristic of religion. Belief.

If you can cite a single god in which there were no believers, then you win.

Can you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Nettiebelle wrote:
Project much?
You're so obviously full of sh*t its amazing how much perception Nuggin lacks.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Skippy, I must say I am astonished to find you actually trying to make a point in one of your posts.
Was this a resolution or something?
Let me be clear.
All gods are gods because people believe in them. There isn't a single example that you or anyone else can come up with of a god in which there were no believers.
The reason that "Jesus" is a god and "Homeless guy on the side of the street" isn't, is because the Christians _believe_ in Jesus and no one _believes_ in homeless guy.
That is the defining characteristic of religion. Belief.
If you can cite a single god in which there were no believers, then you win.
Can you?
You think things become gods simply because people call them that.

That's the end of the story, you can't excuse your error by asking me another question. It's not "open to debate" or another discussion about semantics, you're proven wrong and that's that.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Skippy,

You keep demanding "hard evidence" behind something being "a god" as if I were trying to unseat your personal deity.

This is exactly what a fundamentalist Christian would say if I said, "Vishnu is more real than Yahweh."

The only difference here is that you are trying to pretend that the god you are defending doesn't exist. But, if you didn't believe in it, you wouldn't be defending it.

You need to rethink your approach.

"gods" are not some special magical thing on high with special super powers.

They are mundane. They are common place. The bar for godhood couldn't be lower. ALL the matters is that someone believes it.

It doesn't even need to be REAL in order to be a god.

A god is merely the figurehead of a religion. Yahweh meets no higher standard than David Koresh or Zeus or Mithra.

Rather than setting the gods on high, I've lowered them all to the same base plain.

Zealously defending some gold standard for godhood just projects your need for there to be some "real god" who meets these standards you've set.

It's fundamentalism.

If you were an atheist, you would recognize that religions exist. That at the center of those religions are figureheads called "gods". And that the threshold for godhood is so low that the status is essentially meaningless.

Ten thousand new gods could be created today. They would all be exactly as valid as the 150,000+ gods that already exist.

You are trying to make religion into this great and holy quest for actual superpowered individuals.

I've rendered it "popular fan fiction".

You should try being an atheist for a while. The fundamentalist thing isn't working for you.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

He employs bandwagon fallacy in that just another logical fallacy thr he so desperately relies on.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the end of the story, you can't excuse your error by asking me another question. It's not "open to debate" or another discussion about semantics, you're proven wrong and that's that.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
You went a little overboard here chumpstain. And by a little I mean a lot.
It's almost cute how badly this was done.
<quoted text>
Posters like you are a dime a dozen, easy to spot because, when confronted, all they have are insults.
Weak, hon, weak.

I will continue to count on Nuggin and posters similar to him because it is these posters who actually contribute things worthwhile to Topix threads.

Nuggin, have a great week.
I will continue reading.
Just wanted to chat with you and say hello.
Please keep up the good work for the posters who benefit from it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 7 min Hidingfromyou 364
Our world came from nothing? 8 min Buck Crick 195
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Buck Crick 224,094
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 2 hr No-Doubt 270
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr DonPanic 21,384
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr religionisillness 834
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 14 hr Patrick 16
•••
•••