Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#468 Jan 4, 2013
You totally nailed it darlin! Remove those and he has nothing to say. In fact I have often wondered if he on purpose goes to a list like that and picks out what logical fallacies he'll be using today :))
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home
Whichever one is showing on that page.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#469 Jan 4, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
So, when I say: "As a woman, your only form of argument is to call everyone a liar" you accuse me of being sexist.
Then when I ask you to address the argument, you respond by calling me a liar.
Way to prove my point.
<quoted text>
Listen, Brenda. It makes you sounds like an idiot when you use a term you don't understand.
I am not using a strawman. I'm not assigning you an argument you haven't made. Your position is that science PROVES things.
I've asked you to DEMONSTRATE that.
You can't.
That's not a strawman. It's REQUESTING evidence to support your argument.
<quoted text>
She says after multiple posts about my penis...
Brenda is not my name, sounds as if you have been seriously hurt by a woman who has surpassed you in life somehow, likely for a position at a job. Her name was Brenda, wasn't it? Or are you a jilted lover of this Brenda?

A strawman is not assigning an argument to someone, it is presenting an easily destroyed argument in place of one you cannot address. Or more specifically:

You misrepresented someone's argument to make it easier to attack.
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#470 Jan 4, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You totally nailed it darlin! Remove those and he has nothing to say. In fact I have often wondered if he on purpose goes to a list like that and picks out what logical fallacies he'll be using today :))
<quoted text>
That is very likely, it would not surprise me at all. ;)

Lexington, KY

#471 Jan 4, 2013
Oh yummy tears of desperation! Can I has more?

:))
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
So, when I say: "As a woman, your only form of argument is to call everyone a liar" you accuse me of being sexist.
Then when I ask you to address the argument, you respond by calling me a liar.
Way to prove my point.
<quoted text>
Listen, Brenda. It makes you sounds like an idiot when you use a term you don't understand.
I am not using a strawman. I'm not assigning you an argument you haven't made. Your position is that science PROVES things.
I've asked you to DEMONSTRATE that.
You can't.
That's not a strawman. It's REQUESTING evidence to support your argument.
<quoted text>
She says after multiple posts about my penis...

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#472 Jan 4, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
So, no. You can't.

That's what I figured.

Predictably sad.

Valley Village, CA

#473 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Brenda is not my name, sounds as if you have been seriously hurt by a woman who has surpassed you in life somehow, likely for a position at a job. Her name was Brenda, wasn't it? Or are you a jilted lover of this Brenda?
A strawman is not assigning an argument to someone, it is presenting an easily destroyed argument in place of one you cannot address. Or more specifically:
You misrepresented someone's argument to make it easier to attack.
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
FINALLY! You are at least TRYING to make SOME KIND of an argument.

Okay, you claim I am misrepresenting your argument.

How so?

In YOUR OWN WORDS, give us your argument and then show me how I've misrepresented it.

Can you do that? Or is that too much for a girl to handle?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#474 Jan 4, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
FINALLY! You are at least TRYING to make SOME KIND of an argument.
Okay, you claim I am misrepresenting your argument.
How so?
In YOUR OWN WORDS, give us your argument and then show me how I've misrepresented it.
Can you do that? Or is that too much for a girl to handle?
Now you're begging the question. Why should I indulge someone who has demonstrated that they have a problem with women displaying intelligence?

Valley Village, CA

#475 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're begging the question. Why should I indulge someone who has demonstrated that they have a problem with women displaying intelligence?
Actually, in order to demonstrate it, you would have to first display intelligence to which I would have to respond.

When you actually do that, THEN we can discuss the tone of my response.

As for "begging the question", it's true that I am begging you to ACTUALLY act like an educated person and present your argument.

That, however, is not the fallacy by the same name.

Otherwise, ALL debate if fallacy, since it is the very nature of debate that both parties (Even women!) must take a position, present it and provide evidence to support that position.

And "You're mean." "You have a penis." "You are a liar." Are not examples of evidence.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#477 Jan 4, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, in order to demonstrate it, you would have to first display intelligence to which I would have to respond.
There you go with the ad homs. You keep providing more evidence that you just don't like being wrong.

Lexington, KY

#478 Jan 4, 2013
Oh he is wrong. Logical fallacy after the other and poor reading comprehension. All he has left is his childish temper tantrum.

Rather amusing yes?
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go with the ad homs. You keep providing more evidence that you just don't like being wrong.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#479 Jan 4, 2013
You know Nugglet, I can call you Nugglet, can't I? Anyhow, you do know that your insistence of attempting to address ridicule is actually a sign of poor self image, the vary fact that you post in a thread that is created to taunt you shows that you are more concerned with being called correct, than actually being correct. It's quite humorous to taunt one such as you, your poor self image will never allow you to back down, even when no one is actually trying to call you stupid, you think that everyone who disagrees with you on any one point is doing just that. This compounds your entire lack of information, because without being able to even face being wrong, you stop learning from your mistakes and being to think your mistakes are correct even when reality itself demonstrates to you that you are wrong.

Face it, you're wrong, and you're wrong a lot. Most people are wrong a lot, it's in our nature, we must be wrong in something in order to learn it.

Valley Village, CA

#480 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
You know Nugglet, I can call you Nugglet, can't I? Anyhow, you do know that your insistence of attempting to address ridicule is actually a sign of poor self image
Kitty, you have posted nothing but attempts to address ridicule for weeks now.

I respond to posts because I enjoy responding to posts. I respond to posts that ridicule. I respond to posts that praise. I respond to posts that present arguments. I respond to you posts which present none.

It says more about my desire to post than anything.

What do you think it says about you that you are unwilling or unable to articulate your position like an educated person?
Face it, you're wrong, and you're wrong a lot. Most people are wrong a lot, it's in our nature, we must be wrong in something in order to learn it.
My position is that nothing in science is 100% proven such that no future information can ever change it in anyway.

How is that wrong? Be _SPECIFIC_.

You are very eager to proclaim my position wrong, but every time I ask you for specific points that you disagree with you either respond by drooling over my penis or calling me a liar.

So, which is it going to be this time?

Am I lying that you JUST claimed my position was wrong?
Or are you just jealous of the fact that I have a penis?

Valley Village, CA

#481 Jan 4, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Oh he is wrong. Logical fallacy after the other and poor reading comprehension. All he has left is his childish temper tantrum.
Rather amusing yes?
<quoted text>
And yet you can't cite a single logical fallacy whatsoever....

What does that say about your position?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#482 Jan 4, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Kitty, you have posted nothing but attempts to address ridicule for weeks now.
I respond to posts because I enjoy responding to posts. I respond to posts that ridicule. I respond to posts that praise. I respond to posts that present arguments. I respond to you posts which present none.
It says more about my desire to post than anything.
What do you think it says about you that you are unwilling or unable to articulate your position like an educated person?
<quoted text>
My position is that nothing in science is 100% proven such that no future information can ever change it in anyway.
How is that wrong? Be _SPECIFIC_.
You are very eager to proclaim my position wrong, but every time I ask you for specific points that you disagree with you either respond by drooling over my penis or calling me a liar.
So, which is it going to be this time?
Am I lying that you JUST claimed my position was wrong?
Or are you just jealous of the fact that I have a penis?
You mistaken analysis of a person's assertions with addressing ridicule, now you're getting interesting. Why do you think that analyzing a person is addressing ridicule? Why do you immediately think that what the other person says is somehow insulting to me?

Valley Village, CA

#483 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're making an assumption not indicated by the evidence.

I don't have a problem with women displaying intelligence. You just haven't witnessed me in any conversations with a woman who is doing so.

This certainly isn't one.

Would an intelligent woman spend so much time talking about my penis in an effort to show that "science can't disprove anything".

Nope.

United States

#484 Jan 4, 2013
Because he is terribly lonely and any attention even if it's negative attention is a win for him.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You mistaken analysis of a person's assertions with addressing ridicule, now you're getting interesting. Why do you think that analyzing a person is addressing ridicule? Why do you immediately think that what the other person says is somehow insulting to me?

Valley Village, CA

#485 Jan 4, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Because he is terribly lonely and any attention even if it's negative attention is a win for him.
<quoted text>
If you believe that, then why would you continue giving me attention?

I gave Kitty a perfect out. She could win by leaving the forum, thus proving she can walk away without having to have the last word.

That was DAYS ago. She's still here gossiping about penises and pretending it counts as "intelligent debate".

Valley Village, CA

#486 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you claiming that your posts are not meant to be insulting?

Cuz, I seem to remember you calling me and a lot of other people "liar" about every other time you post.

Do you want to play dueling analyst?

Great. Let's play.

You are angry with men because of your inability to attract male attention due to your appearance. You are and therefore jealous of the attention that other women get from their male colleagues. You look at the failures of your career and personal life and rather than take ownership of your mistakes, you hold men responsible. You don't make enough money, didn't get the promotion, can't find room for a 16th cat, not because you are a failure as a person, but because some random "man" is to blame.

When you make mistakes, it's not your fault. One plus one is three? Yes. For you. And if someone points out that you're wrong, well, they're sexist for doing so. Why? Because you're a girl and therefore it's your right to be wrong.

We see this here on the threads where you made an obvious blunder about the nature of science and decided that I was sexist for pointing it out.

Your continuous obsession with penises and penis size betrays your desire to have one or, at the very least, access to one. Neither of which is going to happen anytime soon.

So, you fall back to here to try and insult people rather than debate because having to debate would require you to do some thinking and it's not something you do well. Much easier to just complain that everyone is "sexist" for not taking you at your word when you are wrong about something.

But, none of that is meant to be insulting. It's just the way you seem.

Valley Village, CA

#487 Jan 4, 2013
By the way, Give. You seem to have a lot to say about me, but I can't remember you actually debating anything against me.

Do you have a specific issue with one of my points? Or are you just here to pretend like you can participate without actually taking a position?

Here, I'll re-outline all the debates for you. You tell me where I'm wrong.

- NASA landed people on the moon.
- The dictionary contains definitions of words.
- Egypt was a real place that contained real people.
- Worshipers of a religion believe in the god of that religion.
- C-14 Dating is accurate and reliable, it can be cross checked with a number of other dating methods.
- Scientific experiments can disprove an assertion, but they can not conclusively prove an assertion.

You tell me which of those statements is wrong and why.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#488 Jan 4, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
This is very plausible, I have seen such behavior from those who are lonely. Perhaps he needs a pet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 18 min Uncle Sam 2,384
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Joe fortuna 232,927
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Thinking 23,201
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 4 hr Thinking 150
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 10 hr Thinking 3
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 19 hr Mikko 2
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 20 hr Thinking 3
More from around the web