|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
You are a clueless and a self admitted racist troll. The only thing left to say to you as I have repeatedly factually crushed you is, Pwned now go eat sht and die. You as a racist bigot are a waste of air.
Nuff said
<quoted text>
Well, you clearly have such a mature and rational style of argument...

Tell us, what's that profile picture of yours?

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
I have never claimed nor insinuated in any way that these ancient people did not believe this. You false accusations notwithstanding.
Ancient people also used to believe that lightning was the purview of the gods. Does this then mean that we must still believe this is so?
How is it that you are STILL not getting this?

Ancient people used to believe that lightning was the purview of the gods THEREFORE... Ancient people used to believe that.

You can't change what THEY believed simply because YOU don't believe it.

THEY believed that the Pharaohs were gods, therefore the Pharaohs were gods.

A "god" or "deity" is a LABEL granted by the BELIEF of people.

Because those people BELIEVED this, then this label applies.

Just like "cool" or "funny" or a host of other labels that are dependent on the BELIEF of people.
I don't care if ancient people believe that pharaohs were gods. But if you believe that these ancient pharaohs were in fact real gods, you should seek help, immediately.
"Real gods".

Were the Pharaohs gods? Yes. How do we know? Because the Ancient Egyptians believed they were gods thus they have earned that label.

EXACTLY the same way that we can label Thor and Zeus gods based on the belief of the Vikings and the Greeks.

Were the Pharaohs real? Yes. They actually existed in real life.

Now, if YOU are trying to come up with a different meaning for "real" and "gods" to imply some sort of additional criteria, that's great.

Let's do that.

Give me 2-3 examples of real gods so I can check out what you mean. Then we can compare the Pharaohs against your real world standard and see how they measure up.

However, if what you are saying is that you've invented a brand new category that even you can't fill, then you are playing useless word games.

So, examples? Or apology? you pick.
And I could care even less about your stupidly childish definition of "god"
Whaaaa! Whaaaaa! The dictionary is mean! Whaaaaa!

A childish definition would be this:

"A real god is something that doesn't actually exist."

That's not my definition, that's yours.

My definition is the one which is in standard use and accurately labels gods from a variety of different religions without bias.

If THAT is "childish" to you, I suggest you look up "childish" in the dictionary. Oh wait, that's right, according to you the dictionary is childish.

Whaaaaaa!

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

First you say
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ancient people used to believe that lightning was the purview of the gods THEREFORE... Ancient people used to believe that.
Then you say
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
THEY believed that the Pharaohs were gods, therefore the Pharaohs were gods.
Now that's some twisted thinking there. Congratulations, you have just created a whole new level of illogic.

This is the 3rd or 4th time I've actually tried to have a conversation with you, which I have been willing to do based on The Dude's assurance that you are not just a troll. You have just proved once again that he's wrong.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
First you say
<quoted text>
Then you say
<quoted text>
Now that's some twisted thinking there. Congratulations, you have just created a whole new level of illogic.
The criteria for determining if something is a god is belief.
The criteria for determining the cause of lightning is NOT belief.

It doesn't matter if these people believe lightning is actually a magic flower or not. Belief is not a relevant factor in determining whether or not something causes lightning.

However, belief is the ONLY relevant factor in determining whether or not something is a god, since BELIEF is the SOLE criteria.

The fact that you STILL can't grasp this ASTONISHINGLY simple concept is AMAZING to me.

You do understand that determining different things frequently requires different criteria.

For example, how something tastes has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not it is "tall" or "far" or "heavy".

Meanwhile, the color of an object has no bearing AT ALL on whether or not it's "round" or "waterproof".

In determining a particular feature of something you look at the RELEVANT criteria and judge based on that.

You seem to be claiming that "BELIEF" is a relevant criteria for ALL THINGS.

Either you are PROFOUNDLY dishonest or PROFOUNDLY ignorant. I haven't quite sorted out which.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
This is the 3rd or 4th time I've actually tried to have a conversation with you, which I have been willing to do based on The Dude's assurance that you are not just a troll. You have just proved once again that he's wrong.
Actually, Hed, I didn't.

You are the one being the troll here. I've presented an EXTREMELY straightforward argument and I've repeated it about 1000x.

You CONSISTENTLY misrepresent it.

Either you are doing that on purpose because you are honestly THAT stupid, or you are doing it deliberately because you are a troll.

Either way, doesn't look good for you.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Chatting? No.
I do have an Honorary Doctorate in Trolling, though. I'd show you but people of your race/gender are known for not being able to read.
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that "god" is not a definable term in any real way....

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
Links
Yes, at one point in one post I said one thing to try and cooperate with you.

And your response has been this constant word-game bickering where you continually try and convince me and everyone else that if one word has a definition and a different word has a different definition, then they must both mean the same thing.

It's childish.

I liked you better when you were just an ahole who was threatening to not respond. At least back then I could pretend you had some intellectual honesty.

Now you are no better than Skippy, basically just a fundie who's convinced himself that he's not.

If you can try and act like an adult for a single post, I'd ask that you address the points, but who am I kidding. We both know you can't and won't address the points because I've handed you ass AGAIN.

Can't say you didn't see it coming, since I've now defeated you with the exact same argument six times.

Want to try again?

Here we go.

You claim that the Pharaohs don't count as "real gods", please provide us with an example of a "real god" so we can see how the Pharaohs measure up.

You claim that the Pharaohs don't fit the definition of "god" because you reject the definition that is found in the dictionary in favor of..... NO definition of your own.

You claim that if you evaluate one thing based on one set of criteria (ie "That tree is tall based on its height") then ALL things must be judged using the EXACT SAME CRITERIA (ie "This grape is sour BASED ON ITS HEIGHT"). Care to explain how that works? No? didn't think so.

Since: Mar 11

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

So you are making teh claim that the great Mayan empire was a group of simple ancient tribal people?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_civilizatio...

Wow I guess the people of the Roman empire must have been ancient tribal people in your mouth breathing opinion?

Well what does one expect from an ultra low IQ racist troll? Bigots tend to be the dumbest MFers out there. As you staed George Washingtion didn't exist and that it is possible that the earth IS flat after all.

BTW watch here to see the Nugget argument used in real life on James Randi. Spoiler alert! He makes a jackass out of himself with Randi just as Nugget does here.

SIlly Flat earther troll.

FLush
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
And MY POINT was that ancient Mayan astronomers had a BETTER understanding of Astronomy with the tools they had available at that time than you.
Like I said, I'll give you two sticks and a piece of string. You tell me to the day when the next eclipse is going to occur.
You can't do it. They could.

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

That's because.

http://download.cnet.com/IP-Changer/3000-2155...
Hedonist wrote:
First you say
<quoted text>
Then you say
<quoted text>

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who="Givemeliberty"
BTW watch here to see the Nugget argument used in real life on James Randi.
[/QUOTE]

Let's be clear.

You HONESTLY think that Randi would disagree that words have meanings and that you can look up the definition of various words in the dictionary?

Really?

You think Randi would disagree that various religions around the world worshiped a variety of different gods?

Really?

I don't know how you think Randi is, but I can tell you this about the man: He's not an idiot.

He knows very well that the Hindus have a variety of gods, that those gods differ from the gods worshiped by the Greeks and that those in turn differ from the god of the Jews.

Why you insist on disagreeing with such BASIC BASIC BASIC statements like those is beyond me.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Well what does one expect from an ultra low IQ racist troll?
Still waiting on an explanation about your avatar pic.

But, you know, go on. Keep trying to paint me as a racist. It's funny

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting on an explanation about your avatar pic.
But, you know, go on. Keep trying to paint me as a racist. It's funny
Looks like that guy from the "Innocence of Muslims" movie.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like that guy from the "Innocence of Muslims" movie.
No, I couldn't be.

I mean, he's been calling me a racist and suggesting that I am putting down other cultures.

How could someone who is making those accusations be displaying an icon of a movie that literally led to the death of innocent Americans due to how offensive it was to other cultures?

Seems to me like a double standard, but I'm betting that's two standards more than G is actually using.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Thank you for pointing out that nugget it a racist. He will of course as a bigoted troll scream foul lol!

As a progressive I see the damage done by religion and belief in God/s. Believers have always been a hamper on progress always self righteously screaming that science or new improved ways of doing things violate God in some way or another.

This is crystal clear to this day with science constantly having to spend valuable time and resources in court fighting with believers when they could be instead advancing stem cell research or other advancements.

Belief in God always leads to problems. Regardless of what religion or God/s they worship. For a so called non believer to fight so hard for God is doing the same thing as arguing that killing children to the wheat god may just make the crops grow after all. It acts as an enabler to the superstitious when instead we should be focused on advancing society, not promoting and encouraging the delusions and superstitious nonsense that plagues our society today.
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;

Nuggin wrote, "<quoted text>
The problem is that "god" is not a definable term in any real way....
"

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
As a progressive I see the damage done by religion and belief in God/s.
Oh, so now you admit that belief is a factor in determining whether or not something is a god?

Gotta love it how often you guys contradict yourself. It's astonishing.
This is crystal clear to this day with science constantly having to spend valuable time and resources in court fighting with believers when they could be instead advancing stem cell research or other advancements.
Except, you aren't on the side of science. You are on the side of religion.

You've spent the last week trying to convince us that you KNOW on FAITH what future data will be collected and what the outcome of that data will be scientifically.

You've pre-determined the outcome of future scientific inquiry without doing the actual work.

You've rejected science entirely. Stop trying to pretend like you are on the right side of this.
Belief in God always leads to problems.
Why do you keep saying "belief in god". Your argument for the last couple of months has been that belief has nothing to do with it. That it's the gods themselves that cause problems and that whether or not people believe has nothing to do with whether or not something should be labeled a god.

Yet, here you are repeatedly saying "belief in god"....

Funny that you can't even win an argument against yourself.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so now you admit that belief is a factor in determining whether or not something is a god?
Gotta love it how often you guys contradict yourself. It's astonishing.
<quoted text>
Except, you aren't on the side of science. You are on the side of religion.
You've spent the last week trying to convince us that you KNOW on FAITH what future data will be collected and what the outcome of that data will be scientifically.
You've pre-determined the outcome of future scientific inquiry without doing the actual work.
You've rejected science entirely. Stop trying to pretend like you are on the right side of this.
<quoted text>
Why do you keep saying "belief in god". Your argument for the last couple of months has been that belief has nothing to do with it. That it's the gods themselves that cause problems and that whether or not people believe has nothing to do with whether or not something should be labeled a god.
Yet, here you are repeatedly saying "belief in god"....
Funny that you can't even win an argument against yourself.
Nuggin, still full of sh*t and flailing in his own thread.

While the dude get's found out for his lies by Hedonist.

Keep trying you troll. Keep trying.

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

It is funny making the racist troll dance like my puppet as I pull the strings.

But after a while picking on a half wit bigot like him make you out to be a bully.

Time to flush that turd :)
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Nuggin, still full of sh*t and flailing in his own thread.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
What lies, Skip? And why are you, a known and confirmed liar accusing other people of lying?

In short, why are you acting JUST like a foaming at the mouth fundie?

Still waiting for that apology Skip.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
It is funny making the racist troll dance like my puppet as I pull the strings.
But after a while picking on a half wit bigot like him make you out to be a bully.
Time to flush that turd :)
<quoted text>
Weren't you just saying something on the other thread about ad-homs? By all means, continue to act like a hypocrite. That's what fundies do.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Closing in on 600 posts from Skippy without anything of substance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 23 min Patrick 149
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 27 min Patrick 21,452
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 31 min Patrick 288
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 35 min Patrick 225,646
If Christianity were true... 1 hr NightSerf 150
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 4 hr Jaimie 4
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 6 hr CunningLinguist 83

Search the Atheism Forum:
•••