Atheism: the logical solution

Atheism: the logical solution

There are 1 comment on the The Daily News Journal story from Nov 6, 2013, titled Atheism: the logical solution. In it, The Daily News Journal reports that:

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" Douglas Adams wrote in "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily News Journal.

havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#1 Nov 9, 2013
agnostic atheism is sensible. that means not believing in a god, but also not claiming to have knowledge or proof about it. beyond that, a search for a common ethic of kindness to other humans and other living beings (as long as they are not out to kill or injure us or other innocent life - or even less guilty life than the wannabe killers) is what is most important. I am more comfortable with the love and kindness sort of religious type, who is not arrogant about religion and does not insist nonbelievers will go to hell, than I am with a free thinker who does not have an ethic based on kindness. but the love and Informed kindness type had better apply it in the social, economic, and political world, and not just be a personally pleasant goodygoody.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Dogen 51,950
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 7 min Eagle 12 11,420
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 11 min scientia potentia... 24,794
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 14 min Eagle 12 22,135
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 2 hr Trumpler 1,659
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 2 hr Ronald 205
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 9 hr Into The Night 5,805
More from around the web