Atheism: the logical solution

Nov 6, 2013 Full story: The Daily News Journal

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" Douglas Adams wrote in "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."

Full Story
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#1 Nov 9, 2013
agnostic atheism is sensible. that means not believing in a god, but also not claiming to have knowledge or proof about it. beyond that, a search for a common ethic of kindness to other humans and other living beings (as long as they are not out to kill or injure us or other innocent life - or even less guilty life than the wannabe killers) is what is most important. I am more comfortable with the love and kindness sort of religious type, who is not arrogant about religion and does not insist nonbelievers will go to hell, than I am with a free thinker who does not have an ethic based on kindness. but the love and Informed kindness type had better apply it in the social, economic, and political world, and not just be a personally pleasant goodygoody.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Aura Mytha 233,163
Evidence for God! 32 min NightSerf 372
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr _Bad Company 23,267
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 3 hr Morse 5,951
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 hr RayOne 2,621
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 5 hr SnuffAGlobalisst 23
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 9 hr Dee 41
More from around the web