Our world came from nothing?
Patrick

United States

#332 Aug 14, 2014
The Archbishop of Canterbury has called on ministers to offer asylum to Christians driven from their homes by Islamic jihadists rampaging through Iraq.
The Most Rev Justin Welby backed calls by a number of bishops who said Britain should offer sanctuary to thousands of Iraqis facing violence and death.
His intervention comes days after France said it was "outraged by the abuses" in the country and ready to give asylum to those who needed it.
The Archbishop said: "I believe that, like France, the United Kingdom’s doors should be open to refugees, as they have been throughout history."
The flight of Christians in the face of Islamic State has been described by the vicar of Baghdad's Anglican church, Canon Andrew White, as bringing "the end of Christianity very near" in Iraq.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#333 Aug 14, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Now. You just said evolution is a theory. Your Atheist buddies said it's a fact. Cool thing to know that some Atheists agree with me that Evolution hasn't been proven.
There's a basic principle. Either nothing created everything (which is impossible) or something always existed and created everything(Which is at least possible).
Also, I accept most of other science, just not evolution and the Big Bang. For you Atheists, it's a must agree on what science says and no one may give their opinion or argument against science.
I wrote that evolution is a Theory. Capitalization change the meaning by placing it within the context of the scientific method. The scientists that I know personally explain that the huge collection of fact that show that evolution happened are incontrovertible. That's not what the Theory is about, though; it explains the process by which evolution takes place, but the huge mass of evidence shows that it does. They view evolution as an established fact and the Theory as the best explanation of HOW it happens.

Reporters are trained to ask a set of questions about a news event: who, what, when, where, how, and why? I view the the answers in biological science to first four as defining the evidence that shows that evolution has been taking place from the time that life first appeared on the planet and the second two as explaining it: facts and Theory.

I've been reading my family's and friends' research papers for over twenty years--even help to edit some of them--and I think I understand the Theory well enough to have confidence in it, but I can certainly understand how religious bias and a less complete understanding could combine to lessen or eliminate that level of confidence, but that doesn't lend any of the alternatives any scientific validity or logical credence. Many other believers an see that, which is why some of them are biological researchers whose work involves the Theory in some way. If you can't, that's fine as long as you don't want your views to be accepted as science.
CunningLinguist

Gainesville, FL

#334 Aug 15, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
Guys, im not arrogant, it's a valid question.
I can easily disprove the universe being created from nothing because it's just matter, it's not this all powerful thing
God is all powerful and his therefore eternal.
There is no proof for that, but you can't disprove it unlike your pathetic big bang theory.
And you guys call me arrogant. Guess, what, any atheist would call me that no matter if i was arrogant or not. I want to hear it from a Christian calling me arrogant to believe so, because an atheist will call me all sorts of things, dumbf***, uneducated, that's also names i hear yet their not true, so why should i believe I'm arrogant then.
I wonder why religious people like yourself bother to attend an atheist forum. Clearly no agnostic is interested in your mythology no matter how impassioned you embrace it.

To what purpose does this serve?

Is it idle curiosity about atheism or a method to attack those who do not share your faith?

pros·e·ly·tize - this is waste of time in atheism forums.
1 : to induce someone to convert to one's faith
2 : to recruit someone to join one's party, institution, or cause

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#335 Aug 15, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why religious people like yourself bother to attend an atheist forum. Clearly no agnostic is interested in your mythology no matter how impassioned you embrace it.
To what purpose does this serve?
Is it idle curiosity about atheism or a method to attack those who do not share your faith?
pros·e·ly·tize - this is waste of time in atheism forums.
1 : to induce someone to convert to one's faith
2 : to recruit someone to join one's party, institution, or cause
Actually, if you're not interested in the truth(so called Mythology), then why are you still arguing with me.

Next thing, you say why am I here if I'm not gonna convert any of you to my faith, I'm gonna ask you, why are you still arguing with me if you also know you can't convert me to Atheism.
CunningLinguist

Gainesville, FL

#336 Aug 15, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if you're not interested in the truth(so called Mythology), then why are you still arguing with me.
Next thing, you say why am I here if I'm not gonna convert any of you to my faith, I'm gonna ask you, why are you still arguing with me if you also know you can't convert me to Atheism.
I made a comment about your relentless posting .

How many threads did you create just to see how devoid of reason you are? You wallow in your silly mythology, and we laugh at you.

Atheism is an individual choice and requires absolutely no indoctrination whatever.

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." Isaac Asimov

I don't argue with people who have nothing to contribute.

It's painfully obvious you've never read your book.

You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that atheists are the ones that need help?

Lmao! Hilarious mythology

Here's how misinformed you are about your own silly mythology...

If the Prodigal Son's a parable, and if Adam and Eve are metaphors, then maybe God is just figure of speech.

If the answers to prayer are merely what God wills all along, then why pray?

The next time true believers tell you that 'separation of church and state' does not appear in our founding document, tell them to stop using the word 'trinity.'

The word 'trinity' appears nowhere in the bible. Neither does Rapture, or Second Coming, or Original Sin.

If they are still unfazed (or unphrased) by this, then add Omniscience, Omnipresence, Supernatural, Transcendence, Afterlife, Deity, Divinity, Theology, Monotheism, Missionary, Immaculate Conception, Christmas, Christianity, Evangelical, Fundamentalist, Methodist, Catholic, Pope, Cardinal, Catechism, Purgatory, Penance, Transubstantiation, Excommunication, Dogma, Chastity, Unpardonable Sin, Infallibility, Inerrancy, Incarnation, Epiphany, Sermon, Eucharist, the Lord's Prayer, Good Friday, Doubting Thomas, Advent, Sunday School, Dead Sea, Golden Rule, Moral, Morality, Ethics, Patriotism, Education, Atheism, Apostasy, Conservative (Liberal is in), Capital Punishment, Monogamy, Abortion, Pornography, Homosexual, Lesbian, Fairness, Logic, Republic, Democracy, Capitalism, Funeral, Decalogue, or Bible.

It is a passable yarn, but that's all it is... A yarn

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#337 Aug 15, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if you're not interested in the truth(so called Mythology), then why are you still arguing with me.
Next thing, you say why am I here if I'm not gonna convert any of you to my faith, I'm gonna ask you, why are you still arguing with me if you also know you can't convert me to Atheism.
When you put provocative posts on a forum that is designated for people with whom you disagree, it's pretty much guaranteed that someone will respond. It's called trolling, and even stupid trolls can always hook someone on their lines, so asking why people argue with you is both disingenuous and hypocritical.

I doubt that anyone here cares what you believe--I know I don't. You have no real business demanding that any of us explain our rationales for rejecting your beliefs, and assuming that they center on the big Bang Theory is just plain stupid--atheists' rationales are as many and diverse as atheists themselves are.

The Theory, at any rate, is not based on the idea that something came from nothing--that's only one of several hypotheses about the pre-BB state, so your whole argument is based on a false premise, invalidating all subsequent argument. Invalid arguments deserve no response beyond pointing that out.
Thinking

Norwich, UK

#338 Aug 15, 2014
I was taught not to laugh at retards.

But when a retard is as nasty as you, all bets are off.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if you're not interested in the truth(so called Mythology), then why are you still arguing with me.
Next thing, you say why am I here if I'm not gonna convert any of you to my faith, I'm gonna ask you, why are you still arguing with me if you also know you can't convert me to Atheism.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#339 Aug 16, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
I made a comment about your relentless posting .
How many threads did you create just to see how devoid of reason you are? You wallow in your silly mythology, and we laugh at you.
Atheism is an individual choice and requires absolutely no indoctrination whatever.
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." Isaac Asimov
I don't argue with people who have nothing to contribute.
It's painfully obvious you've never read your book.
You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that atheists are the ones that need help?
Lmao! Hilarious mythology
Here's how misinformed you are about your own silly mythology...
If the Prodigal Son's a parable, and if Adam and Eve are metaphors, then maybe God is just figure of speech.
If the answers to prayer are merely what God wills all along, then why pray?
The next time true believers tell you that 'separation of church and state' does not appear in our founding document, tell them to stop using the word 'trinity.'
The word 'trinity' appears nowhere in the bible. Neither does Rapture, or Second Coming, or Original Sin.
If they are still unfazed (or unphrased) by this, then add Omniscience, Omnipresence, Supernatural, Transcendence, Afterlife, Deity, Divinity, Theology, Monotheism, Missionary, Immaculate Conception, Christmas, Christianity, Evangelical, Fundamentalist, Methodist, Catholic, Pope, Cardinal, Catechism, Purgatory, Penance, Transubstantiation, Excommunication, Dogma, Chastity, Unpardonable Sin, Infallibility, Inerrancy, Incarnation, Epiphany, Sermon, Eucharist, the Lord's Prayer, Good Friday, Doubting Thomas, Advent, Sunday School, Dead Sea, Golden Rule, Moral, Morality, Ethics, Patriotism, Education, Atheism, Apostasy, Conservative (Liberal is in), Capital Punishment, Monogamy, Abortion, Pornography, Homosexual, Lesbian, Fairness, Logic, Republic, Democracy, Capitalism, Funeral, Decalogue, or Bible.
It is a passable yarn, but that's all it is... A yarn
You take it for granted that the Bible is not true. Did you live 2000years ago? Um no.

Also, I don't need help. Tell me, was Nelson Mandela a mentally sick person because he was Christian. Was Mother Teresa, a person who helped so much people in India a mentally sick person?

"Oh I'm the universe, I'm gonna magically make myself, then I'm going to make humans and animals on Earth then let them live a life and study all the beautiful things about me(universe).

There's no logic. Logically, nothing can only make nothing. That's a fact. Oh, I'm just gonna magically make my laptop last 2weeks without being charged. I'm just gonna make the energy from nothing to keep it powered for 2weeks straight!

Funny how you find the Bible. I find it just a funny how you believe nothing just magically said, "Let there be light".
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#340 Aug 17, 2014
Your god is so miniscule it can't even defeat iron chariots.

Why hasn't it already defeated satan?
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
You take it for granted that the Bible is not true. Did you live 2000years ago? Um no.
Also, I don't need help. Tell me, was Nelson Mandela a mentally sick person because he was Christian. Was Mother Teresa, a person who helped so much people in India a mentally sick person?
"Oh I'm the universe, I'm gonna magically make myself, then I'm going to make humans and animals on Earth then let them live a life and study all the beautiful things about me(universe).
There's no logic. Logically, nothing can only make nothing. That's a fact. Oh, I'm just gonna magically make my laptop last 2weeks without being charged. I'm just gonna make the energy from nothing to keep it powered for 2weeks straight!
Funny how you find the Bible. I find it just a funny how you believe nothing just magically said, "Let there be light".
Patrick

United States

#341 Aug 17, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Your god is so miniscule it can't even defeat iron chariots.
Why hasn't it already defeated satan?
<quoted text>
Nice day in London?
Why not relax and go to the theatre?
Atheism and Theism debated in antiquity to a draw.
A bit of compromise on both sides might be in order?
Peace
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#342 Aug 17, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice day in London?
Why not relax and go to the theatre?
Atheism and Theism debated in antiquity to a draw.
A bit of compromise on both sides might be in order?
Peace
Just prove your god or f*ck off back to your ignorant creationist cult cave, there's a good zombie.
Patrick

United States

#343 Aug 17, 2014
religionisillness wrote:
<quoted text>
Just prove your f*ck off back to i a good zombie.
RICE, Minn.(AP)— The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency says the recent stretch of warm, calm weather has brought good conditions for blue-green algae in lakes.

This years heavy rains in May and June washed a large amount of nutrients into Minnesota lakes and streams. Those nutrients, including phosphorus, help feed the algae growth.

Steve Heiskary, lake expert with the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, says warm, sunny weather allows for the blue-green blooms to take off.

Blue-green algae blooms are thick and cloudy, and can look like green paint or floating mats of scum. Some contain toxins that can be deadly to dogs and other animals. In humans, they can cause nausea and irritation of the skin, eye, nose and throat.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#344 Aug 18, 2014
Another straw man, Lincock.

Non belief is increasing.
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice day in London?
Why not relax and go to the theatre?
Atheism and Theism debated in antiquity to a draw.
A bit of compromise on both sides might be in order?
Peace
Patrick

United States

#345 Aug 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Another straw man, Lincock.
Non belief is increasing.
<quoted text>
<Skeptic> expresses the scientific nature of atheism using f*ck often to prove his thesis.

If "non believe is increasing".... does this include your posts?
Thinking

Poole, UK

#346 Aug 18, 2014
I only post here as "Thinking", Lincock.

Non belief is increasing.
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
<Skeptic> expresses the scientific nature of atheism using f*ck often to prove his thesis.
If "non believe is increasing".... does this include your posts?
Patrick

United States

#347 Aug 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Another straw man, Lincock.
Non belief is increasing.
<quoted text>
a good day in London?
Why not relax and go to the theatre and take in a play.
A bit of relaxation might be in order?
Peace

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#348 Aug 18, 2014
religionisillness wrote:
<quoted text>
Just prove your god or f*ck off back to your ignorant creationist cult cave, there's a good zombie.
Wow. Great example of how friendly Atheists are.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#349 Aug 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I only post here as "Thinking", Lincock.
Non belief is increasing.
<quoted text>
Yeah. Increasing. I'm so scared.

Yes, Atheism is increasing, but religion is increasing faster. You do know that there is more parents that are religious than there are Atheist parents, therefore more children are being raised to believe in a God. Just a fact.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#350 Aug 18, 2014
So you agree religion is brainwashing.

But it's not working.

The majority of young adults in the UK no longer believe. Religion is dying faster and faster over here.

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/06/24/british-y...
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Increasing. I'm so scared.
Yes, Atheism is increasing, but religion is increasing faster. You do know that there is more parents that are religious than there are Atheist parents, therefore more children are being raised to believe in a God. Just a fact.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#351 Aug 18, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Great example of how friendly Atheists are.
But.. but the Christians started it!
Atheist seem to rationalize their Irrational responses. Always the aggressors and swarm like a nest of yellow jackets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Big girl 48,409
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 hr Cuddles7668 21,864
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 9 hr ChristineM 23,486
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr Eagle 12 258,039
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 10 hr Eagle 12 4,907
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Fri Scaritual 14
Jesus Christ and Wisdom, Knowledge, Understandi... Nov 29 Richardfs 5
More from around the web