“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#1807 Dec 10, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No I cannot give you the answer.
Not because I can't just that I don't stoop that low on the intelligent scale.
Ha, ha, ha, ha, too late! Come on. tell me why a scholar would have a problem with the buybull and wouldn't have a problem with other works of fiction.
Worlds no1 christian

London, UK

#1808 Dec 11, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>No I cannot give you the answer.
Hey KJV I'm more holly then you!. Your not a true Christian, I crawl on my knees on broken glass covered pavements to get to church!,and then I pray harder then all the fake Christians there, put all my money in the collection do I can't eat all week, but I'll be in heaven with baby Jesus before you!

Since: Mar 11

United States

#1809 Dec 11, 2012
I didn't see any links in that spam. Links or it's Bullsht.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you don't dictate the rules.
Ever survey has its source listed.
2.04% LOL
Or in another survey 2.3%
2.3% what a joke your religion is!
You claim all humans are born atheist.
Ok that means at one time you had 100% of the human population. The current percentage of the world population is at 2.3%.
That means that 97.7% of your congregation has left your faith!!
WTF is wrong with you guys?
97.7%!!!!!!!
Do you realize how many people that is?
Man you're not just losing them at that rate there running from you! LMFAO

Sellersburg, IN

#1810 Dec 11, 2012
Conservative wiki? Are you for real?

Lmfao! Ignorant c@cks@cker!
KJV wrote:

United States

#1811 Dec 11, 2012
Somebody's PC opinion doesn't count as historical proof. Sorry.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"H. G. Wells, British writer, 1866-1946
David UK

UK

#1812 Dec 11, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Conservative wiki? Are you for real?

The way these Fundys try and claim they have proof that their beliefs are true by pointing at stuff on other Fundy sites is pathetic. It's their standard tactic when they are cornered, or just post a bible passage.
KJV

United States

#1813 Dec 11, 2012
Worlds no1 christian wrote:
<quoted text>Hey KJV I'm more holly then you!. Your not a true Christian, I crawl on my knees on broken glass covered pavements to get to church!,and then I pray harder then all the fake Christians there, put all my money in the collection do I can't eat all week, but I'll be in heaven with baby Jesus before you!
That's GREAT!

Nice job.
KJV

United States

#1814 Dec 11, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't see any links in that spam. Links or it's Bullsht.
No problem! I don't mind posting all those facts about how small your group really is.

No link but the sources is listed on this one.

"The CIA World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as
Christian 33.35%(of which Roman Catholic 16.83%, Protestant 6.08%, Orthodox 4.03%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.43%,
Hindu 13.78%,
Buddhist 7.13%,
Sikh 0.36%,
Jewish 0.21%,
Baha'i 0.11%,
other religions 11.17%,
non-religious 9.42%,
atheists 2.04%"

Wow. A whole 2.04% you guys are kicking some ass. LOL
KJV

United States

#1815 Dec 11, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
All sources are listed.

A survey published in the 2005 Encyclopedia Britannica stated that 2.3% of the world's population consists of individuals who profess "atheism, skepticism, disbelief, or irreligion, including the militantly antireligious." In regards to the 2.3% figure just mentioned, the 2005 survey cited by Encyclopedia Britannica survey did not include Buddhist in regards to the 2.3% figure and Buddhism can be theistic or atheistic."

Wikipedia:

"Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population.[citation needed] It is difficult to determine whether atheism is growing or not"

Wikipedia :

"2005 poll by AP/Ipsos surveyed ten countries. Of the developed nations, people in the United States were most sure of the existence of God or a higher power (2% atheist, 4% agnostic)"

Wikipedia :

"According to one estimate, atheists make up about 2.3% of the world's population"

"In 2007, a Pew Forum survey found that the atheist population in the United States was 1.6% of the American population. Global atheism is shrinking and demographic changes in the United States and the world are expected to shrink the influence of American secularism."

In 2012, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary reported that globally every day there are 800 less atheists per day, 1,100 less non-religious (agnostic) people per day and 83,000 more people professing to be Christians per day.
In 2011, the American Spectator declared concerning research published in the International Bulletin of

Missionary Research:
The report estimates about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day. These atheists are presumably disproportionately represented in the West, while religion is thriving in the Global South, where charismatic Christianity is exploding."
KJV

United States

#1816 Dec 11, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Posted earlier by derek4

Study: Atheists Have Lowest 'Retention Rate' Compared to Religious Groups

Only about 30 percent of those who grow up in an atheist household remain atheists as adults. This "retention rate" was the lowest among the 20 separate categories in the study.

There were 1,387 atheists (weighted) in the survey. Four-hundred thirty-two weighted respondents said they were raised atheist. Of those, 131 self-identified as atheist.

Continued:

Gray also noted that, "of those raised as atheists, 30% are now affiliated with a Protestant denomination, 10% are Catholic, 2% are Jewish, 1% are Mormon, and 1% are Pagan."

Jehovah's Witness, congregationalist and holiness churches had the next lowest retention rates at 37 percent, 37 percent and 32 percent, respectively. Thirty-eight percent of those who grew up with no particular religious faith or belief system remained that way.

Hindus had the highest retention rate at 84 percent, followed by Jews (76 percent), Muslims (76 percent), Greek Orthodox (73 percent), Mormons (70 percent) and Catholics (68 percent).

Baptists had the highest retention rate of the Protestant Christian categories at 60 percent, followed by Lutheran (59 percent) and Pentecostal (50 percent).
http://www.christianpost.com/news/study-athei...

[Right; NO thinking people don't want to be atheists.]

July, 2012

“Atheists abandon their beliefs more often than people in other religious groups, study finds”

A new study has found that people raised in an atheist home abandon those beliefs as adults more often than people raised with other religious belief systems, putting atheism at a 30 percent retention rate. Conclusions and interpretations of the study are that atheists are more often "made" as adults rather than "raised." The highest retention rates are in the Hindu faith, which holds onto about 84 percent of adherents.

Those who grow up in an atheist household are least likely to maintain their beliefs about religion as adults, according to a study by Georgetown University's Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA).

Only about 30 percent of those who grow up in an atheist household remain atheists as adults. This "retention rate" was the lowest among the 20 separate categories in the study.

There were 1,387 atheists (weighted) in the survey. Four-hundred thirty-two weighted respondents said they were raised atheist. Of those, 131 self-identified as atheist.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765589392/...

[Who would want to be an atheist? LOL]
KJV

United States

#1817 Dec 11, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody's PC opinion doesn't count as historical proof. Sorry.
No kidding. However I'm allowed to post his view points.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1818 Dec 11, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism losing adherents in terms of the global population

The 2004 to 2007 publicity campaign for atheism in the Western World was not sustainable. The level of public interest in atheism is not coming back in the West and global atheism is shrinking.
You should probably find some sources other than Evangelical Christians aka Liars for Jesus.

The demographics of atheists and non-religious continue to climb in 1st world nations.

The gains of religion have been occurring almost exclusively within the 3rd world.

Unless you happen to live in a 3rd world nation, KJV, your religion is dwindling.

Location hidden

#1819 Dec 11, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Study: Atheists Have Lowest 'Retention Rate' Compared to Religious Groups
Why is this surprising? Non-religious parents do not indoctrination their children into their beliefs the same way that the religious do.

Young Christians or Muslims are told, from a young age, that leaving the religion will result in them BURNING IN HELL.

Young people raised by non-religious parents are given no such 'lessons'.

Your study also showed that most atheists are people who became them as adults. In other words, through RATIONAL THOUGHT, rather than childhood indoctrination.

Location hidden

#1820 Dec 11, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem! I don't mind posting all those facts about how small your group really is.
"The CIA World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as
Christian 33.35%(of which Roman Catholic 16.83%, Protestant 6.08%, Orthodox 4.03%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.43%,
Hindu 13.78%,
Buddhist 7.13%,
Sikh 0.36%,
Jewish 0.21%,
Baha'i 0.11%,
other religions 11.17%,
non-religious 9.42%,
atheists 2.04%"
The non-religious group as well as a good chunk of the Buddhist group are atheists. So more like 13-14%. Even higher in the Western world.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#1821 Dec 12, 2012
I thought conservapedia was just a parody site until they started blocking non-US traffic. Then I knew it was.
Givemeliberty wrote:
Conservative wiki? Are you for real?
<quoted text>

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1822 Dec 12, 2012
Atheists are more intelligent than religious people
Writing in the Freethinker (July 2008) Chris Barker argues that there is nothing racist about suggesting that atheists are more intelligent than believers.

IT was bound to happen. When Professor Richard Lynn claimed last month that people with higher IQs were less likely to believe in God many of those outraged by his assertion quickly tried to give his words a racist cast.

Professor Lynn, Emeritus Professor of Psychology at Ulster University, said many more members of the “intellectual elite” considered themselves atheists than the national average. A decline in religious observance over the last century was directly linked to a rise in average intelligence, he claimed.

Professor Lynn, who has provoked controversy in the past with research linking intelligence to race and sex, said university academics were less likely to believe in God than almost anyone else.

A survey of Royal Society fellows found that only 3.3 per cent believed in God – at a time when 68.5 percent of the general UK population described themselves as believers. A separate poll in the 90s found only seven percent of members of the American National Academy of Sciences believed in God.

Professor Lynn said most primary school children believed in God, but as they entered adolescence – and their intelligence increased – many started to have doubts.

He told The Times Higher Education magazine:

Why should fewer academics believe in God than the general population? I believe it is simply a matter of the IQ. Academics have higher IQs than the general population.

Several Gallup poll studies of the general population have shown that those with higher IQs tend not to believe in God.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No I cannot give you the answer.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#1823 Dec 12, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Hindu 13.78%,
Buddhist 7.13%,
Sikh 0.36%,
Jewish 0.21%,
Baha'i 0.11%,
other religions 11.17%,
non-religious 9.42%,
atheists 2.04%"
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-...

My problem with the CIA World Factbook is that, unlike every other source of U.S. government statistics that I know of, they provide no metadata--no indication of who collected the data or how it was analyzed. For that reason, I regard it as a less reliable source of religion statistics than the Pew Forum or the American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS).

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1824 Dec 12, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>

Because there is no lower point, right?

Lexington, KY

#1825 Dec 12, 2012
Yes you are allowed to post his OPINION and it will be treated as merely an opinion or in essence worthless.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding. However I'm allowed to post his view points.

Lexington, KY

#1826 Dec 12, 2012
Two Christian, biased opinion sites. Still waiting for links from a legit source. Credible Links or it's Bullsht.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Spammed earlier by Dim derek4
http://www.christianpost.com/news/study-athei...
No thinking here.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/bullshit.c... LOL]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min sweets2360 230,996
Evidence for God! 1 hr Uncle Sam 45
Heaven 4 hr _Bad Company 43
Our world came from nothing? 7 hr Carchar king 1,104
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 9 hr fadu singh 23,043
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... 16 hr Hooogle It 77
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Thu Ooogah Boogah 14,391

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE