Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, everting in the OT was fulfilled in the NT. The former things are passed away and all things are made new and there is no remembrance of that place. The old world is desad and gone. Don't live in the pass, but in the present, under his everlasting covenant.
Don't live in the past?

You'll excuse me while I adjust my irony meter.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Amnesia known as the Holy Spirit guiding them.

:))
That's because it's an idiot that's reading it when you're read it.
An intelligent scholar has no issues with the Bible.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Proven creationist liar, lying about god to intelligent atheists.
You've proven nothing except your super low IQ.
IAMNOTLEGEN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>Well, except the parts that aren't.
"quote:
Originally posted by 205:
I was noodling around and stumbled onto The Blasphemy Challenge.

quote:
It's simple. You record a short message damning yourself to Hell, you upload it to YouTube, and then the Rational Response Squad will send you a free The God Who Wasn't There DVD. It's that easy.

INSTRUCTIONS:

You may damn yourself to Hell however you would like, but somewhere in your video you must say this phrase: "I deny the Holy Spirit."
Is it prudent to 'deny the Holy Spirit'?

To me it's like provoking some big potentially mean guy who may know incomparably more than you do - what's the point?
The people who take the blasphemy challenge are almost invariably atheists. To them to deny the Holy Spirit is like provoking someone's imaginary friend who people are saying will beat them up. And the point is to demonstrate that it's not like provoking an existing mean guy - the imaginary friend isn't going to somehow cease to be imaginary and actually do something.(Many of them would actually consider the Holy Spirit doing something unambiguously to be a positive result as well - it changes the rules and prevents people acting on defective information. But that's a tangent.)"

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't live in the past?
You'll excuse me while I adjust my irony meter.
I don't think irony meters can be adjusted that far. Care to buy a slightly used looney meter?
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Believers opinions mean jack Sht. Historical proof or fail.

http://www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm

Jospehus, Tacitus, Plutarch and amny others all wrote about Hercules. So we have by far more historical proof for Hercules than we have for Jesus.

I won't spike the football by showing the Pre Jesus Statues, coins, scrolls, paintings, ect ect ect showing Hercules.

My facts stand so eat it apologetics with your lame opinions.
Go ahead and spike the ball!
Of course you know you're not in the end zone and it would be treated as a fumble. But that would be of little consequence when the score is so lopsided. Lets see what the score is

Atheist - 2.04%
All others - 97.96%

Yup pretty sure another fumble isn't going to hurt you much.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry mate, you are wrong because nothing bad ever happens in the bibull!

:)
Oh I'm not too sure about that.
Many times God gave men warnings and then acted on them when men acted as you do.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>How did you pick and choose what is factual and what is metaphor?

Maybe jesus is only a metaphor and not the son of god.
Is Jesus the son of God or the Son of Man? Or was Jesus God himself?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
The intelligent scholar has no problem with any book of fiction, why would the bible be any different?

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Oh wow now you are even changing your own numbers! Lol!

Regardless your numbers are wrong which is why you won't show a link to back them up. Plus your incorrect numbers only incorrectly show people who self describe themselves as atheists. throw in all self described non believers and that pitiful incorrect number multiplies radically. Regardless non believers are the fastest growing group in America. Sorry but it is a fact as is the fact that there is far more evidence for a historical Hercules than a historical Jesus.

Just accept it.

:knowing smile:
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead and spike the ball!
Of course you know you're not in the end zone and it would be treated as a fumble. But that would be of little consequence when the score is so lopsided. Lets see what the score is
Atheist - 2.04%
All others - 97.96%
Yup pretty sure another fumble isn't going to hurt you much.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

He was a work of fiction with less historical proof than Hercules.

Maybe Hades needed more souls and tricked Constantine into forcing a false religion on the masses at a crucial time in history turning people away from the more historically accurate savior Hercules?

:)
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Here you go spiders, why are you running away from this?
What was to happen to Jephtha's daughter? Burnt offering. And he kept that promise.
Burnt offering.
<quoted text>
She was not killed. If you the whole account she left tonserve God in the temples
The bible is translated frombhebrew aramic greekbto english

The wordsbtheybuse to describebthings is different.

If God gave them lawa not to kill theirbfellow man why would he tell japheth to sacrfice his daughter ?

Obvisouly he didnt not want a literal burnt sacrfice from imperfect child ... The only burnt offerings are animals not humans

The nations sacrificed humans to pegan gods which is why he wanted the jews to stay away from them..

That sounds demonic for a child to be sacrficed thats something ungodly.

the bible says the spiritbifbthe world is contentions, divisions ,sects, strife etc

Any organizations or belief thathas those is not from the God of the bible.
Ive read the bible... Even though you do not belive in God which is fine .

However these accusations are from false teachings.

Many ppl twist the scriptures for theirbown selfish desires, christendom and islam probably responcible for promoting that. They send ppl to war , which goes against the bible because it says you must love yourbneighbor as yourself .

The only time he allowed the jews to fight is if they threatened but ulmatelybhe protected until loss his favor .

If inlistened to christendom i would be atheist. Many things they practice is contrary to what the bible says

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You've proven nothing except your super low IQ.
Go away you failed creationist. You're not converting anyone here so get the f*ck out.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

English please?

Anyways the word used for Jephtha's daughter was the same word used for when Abraham was going to sacrifice his son to Yahweh. Burnt offering I have read the account and in no version of the bible do you find serving in the temple. Burnt offering.

Plus serving at the largest most glorious palace around? Eating the best foods and drinks? Living in absolute luxury? Not much of a sacrifice eh? Any parent would be happy to have a child live like that back then. But pointless as women were not allowed in the all men temple club.

Oh wait the bible clearly says burnt offering.

Burnt offering.
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
She was not killed. If you the whole account she left tonserve God in the temples
The bible is translated frombhebrew aramic greekbto english
The wordsbtheybuse to describebthings is different.
If God gave them lawa not to kill theirbfellow man why would he tell japheth to sacrfice his daughter ?
Obvisouly he didnt not want a literal burnt sacrfice from imperfect child ... The only burnt offerings are animals not humans
The nations sacrificed humans to pegan gods which is why he wanted the jews to stay away from them..
That sounds demonic for a child to be sacrficed thats something ungodly.
the bible says the spiritbifbthe world is contentions, divisions ,sects, strife etc
Any organizations or belief thathas those is not from the God of the bible.
Ive read the bible... Even though you do not belive in God which is fine .
However these accusations are from false teachings.
Many ppl twist the scriptures for theirbown selfish desires, christendom and islam probably responcible for promoting that. They send ppl to war , which goes against the bible because it says you must love yourbneighbor as yourself .
The only time he allowed the jews to fight is if they threatened but ulmatelybhe protected until loss his favor .
If inlistened to christendom i would be atheist. Many things they practice is contrary to what the bible says
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Most likely neither.

Ah, you religitards with your either/or choices... so unimaginative.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

He basically asks... So do you atheists believe in God or do you believe in the son of God?

Wtf? Again we see an idiot who has no idea what an atheist is.
Thinking wrote:
Most likely neither.
Ah, you religitards with your either/or choices... so unimaginative.
<quoted text>

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
“So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.”~ Bertrand Russell

“As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers.”~ Robert G. Ingersoll

“They were allowed to stay there on one condition, and that is that they didn't eat of the tree of knowledge. That has been the condition of the Christian church from then until now. They haven't eaten as yet, as a rule they do not.”~ Clarence Darrow

“The inspiration of the bible depends on the ignorance of the person who reads it.”~ Robert G. Ingersoll

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think irony meters can be adjusted that far. Care to buy a slightly used looney meter?
You have to get a top of the line, professional quality irony meter if you want to stick around the atheist forum or the creation/evolution forum. I suggest the Turbo-Sensor III with Deluxe Counter-Reality Enhancements. Even still, expect the meter to max out regularly and occasionally blow. Keep a large supply of fuses handy.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. An intelligent scholar treats the Bible in about the same way as they treat the Iliad. It has some historical aspects that can be verified, but those aspects are mixed with rank superstition. So they read the text skeptically and with an awareness of the culture in which it was written and assembled. They glean the historical parts from the miasma of myth and use the rest to more fully understand the mindset of the people of the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Buck Crick 224,151
Our world came from nothing? 4 min Growupchildren 215
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 59 min Buck Crick 21,391
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 8 hr DonPanic 1,285
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 11 hr religionisillness 271
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 11 hr religionisillness 370
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Thu religionisillness 834
•••
•••