Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

That child was gunned down by worshippers of YOUR God for asking that girls be allowed to get an equal education along with males.

I consider her a hero, I see you do not.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that's the worst avatar picture you've used so far. I can't take anything you say seriously looking at that ridiculers avatar.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Believers opinions mean jack Sht. Historical proof or fail.

http://www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm

Jospehus, Tacitus, Plutarch and amny others all wrote about Hercules. So we have by far more historical proof for Hercules than we have for Jesus.

I won't spike the football by showing the Pre Jesus Statues, coins, scrolls, paintings, ect ect ect showing Hercules.

My facts stand so eat it apologetics with your lame opinions.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"H. G. Wells, British writer, 1866-1946
When asked which person left the most permanent impression on history, he replied that judging a person’s greatness by historical standards:
“By this test, Jesus stands first.”
“I am a historian, I am not a believer, but I must confess as a historian that this penniless preacher from Nazareth is irrevocably the very center of history. Jesus Christ is easily the most dominant figure in all history.”
“Christ is the most unique person of history. No man can write a history of the human race without giving first and foremost place to the penniless teacher of Nazareth.”
Kenneth Scott Latourette, former President of American Historic Society
In A History of Christianity:
“It is evidence of His importance, of the effect that He has had upon history and presumably, of the baffling mystery of His being that no other life ever lived on this planet has evoked so huge a volume of literature among so many people and languages, and that, far from ebbing, the flood continues to mount.”
“As the centuries pass by, the evidence is accumulating that measured by its effect on history, Jesus is the most influential life ever lived on this planet. The influence appears to be mounting.”
“No other life lived on this planet has so widely and deeply affected mankind.”
George Bancroft, great American historian
“I find the name of Jesus Christ written on the top of every page of modern history.”"
http://www.why-jesus.com/history.htm

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
That child was gunned down by worshippers of YOUR God for asking that girls be allowed to get an equal education along with males.
I consider her a hero, I see you do not.
<quoted text>
Aung San Suu Kyi was my choice of woman of the last decade.

Malala Yousafzai is currently at the No 1 spot for this decade.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Awesome choices. Both are certainly heros that deserve to be honored for their contributions to society.

Malala's story really touches a nerve because we see just how brutal relgion has made people there. How much they need women to remain in the dark and to make an example of anyone who seps out of line. The fact that she survived that nightmarish assualt has inspired women all over that region and people all over the world.
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
was my choice of woman of the last decade.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Despite DLT the Horny Cornflake?
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Aung San Suu Kyi was my choice of woman of the last decade.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Which ones are you referring to. Please be so kind as to list them
Sure, start with China*, local floods happened, but no break in the recorded history, even Greece and Egypt forgot to stop producing what would eventually become historical records. No flood, no world wide massive human die off. Just a silly little impossible story from a ridiculous book.
There were Chinese people in China long before your book was concocted, and there are still Chinese people who had written trails of their families history, before and after your silly books supposed time frame.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Jephtha promised the dark Palestinian god Yahweh a burnt offering by whatever came out of his house first, which was his daughter. Two months later he kept his promise to Yahweh which was his daughter as a burnt offering. Sorry it's clear no matter how much apologetics try to change the bible today.
And now your JW cult teaches she never died? She is walking around today?
Lmfao! You see this is the kind of idiot that falls for the JW cult. You are way out there.
32D bra right?
<quoted text>
Lol her boobs are small
D? Really?
The Bible never said.she died she
Went with other Virgins to the temples.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

The bible said she was sacrificed as a burnt offering as I have shown from several versions of the bible. Show where any version of the bible that the passage says she went to work in the temple.

Burnt offering no matter how much you delude yourself.
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol her boobs are small
D? Really?
The Bible never said.she died she
Went with other Virgins to the temples.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Here you go spiders, why are you running away from this?

What was to happen to Jephtha's daughter? Burnt offering. And he kept that promise.

Burnt offering.
Givemeliberty wrote:
I am factually right as usual. Let's see shall we. Burnt offering sacrifice or work at the temple?
Judges 11:31
New International Version (1984)
whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the LORD's, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."
New Living Translation (2007)
I will give to the LORD whatever comes out of my house to meet me when I return in triumph. I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."
English Standard Version (2001)
then whatever comes out from the doors of my house to meet me when I return in peace from the Ammonites shall be the LORDs, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.
New American Standard Bible (1995)
then it shall be that whatever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me when I return in peace from the sons of Ammon, it shall be the LORD'S, and I will offer it up as a burnt offering."
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD'S, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.
GOD'S WORD Translation (1995)
then whatever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me when I return safely from Ammon will belong to the LORD. I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."
King James 2000 Bible (2003)
Then it shall be, that whatsoever comes forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD'S, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.
Shal I go on with dozens of others?
Burnt offering. Working at the temple would be a dream job!
The temple was like a palace and the priests ate the best foods and drank the best wine lived like royalty. Not much of a sacifice
and certainly not a burnt offering. Yes she died a virgin bcause you can't have sex with the smoldering remains of a little girl!
Well the Prophet Muhammad would have found a way I suppose :)
<quoted text>

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Here you go spiders, why are you running away from this?
What was to happen to Jephtha's daughter? Burnt offering. And he kept that promise.
Burnt offering.
<quoted text>
Sorry mate, you are wrong because nothing bad ever happens in the bibull!

:)

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Oh that's right lol:)

When the bible clearly states some atrocity commuted by Yahweh you're just reading it wrong.

Lmfao :))
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry mate, you are wrong because nothing bad ever happens in the bibull!
:)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, start with China*, local floods happened, but no break in the recorded history, even Greece and Egypt forgot to stop producing what would eventually become historical records. No flood, no world wide massive human die off. Just a silly little impossible story from a ridiculous book.
There were Chinese people in China long before your book was concocted, and there are still Chinese people who had written trails of their families history, before and after your silly books supposed time frame.
Hi, the flood of Noah was never a physical flood of water and the Ark was not a ship of any kind, its a dark saying of old (Many in the OT), just like a parable in the NT. Psalms 78. When Jesus preached, he always referred to dark sayinmg of old in the OT. When the Son of man cometh, it will be like the days of Noah.

Noah is a picture of Christ. There was only one preacher of reighteousness that walk unpon the earth, the Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ.

If you don't believe with all your heart, that Christ was the Son of God and was sent by God to be the saviour of that old evil world, God will not open the dark saying of old and/or the parables.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

How did you pick and choose what is factual and what is metaphor?

Maybe jesus is only a metaphor and not the son of god.
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, the flood of Noah was never a physical flood of water and the Ark was not a ship of any kind, its a dark saying of old (Many in the OT), just like a parable in the NT. Psalms 78. When Jesus preached, he always referred to dark sayinmg of old in the OT. When the Son of man cometh, it will be like the days of Noah.
Noah is a picture of Christ. There was only one preacher of reighteousness that walk unpon the earth, the Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ.
If you don't believe with all your heart, that Christ was the Son of God and was sent by God to be the saviour of that old evil world, God will not open the dark saying of old and/or the parables.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, the word of God, the OT and the NT are sealed books to those who deny the Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ. God the Creator who sent his Son (Christ) to be the saviour of the old evil world.

You only get saved one time, never again and everyone was saved wants at the beginning of this new world in Christ.

People do back side and/or turn from God because something happen in their life and/or they get involved something they should not be (evil), but they can still repent and come back to him, that is how merciful the Lord God Almighty is. You will not fine men that merciful. Christ said, all sins are forgivable in this world and the world to come (today), except blaspheme against the Holy Ghost. When you repent, you got to ask for his divine power to turn form those evil deeds and/or unbelieve
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

It seems unlikely.
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, the word of God, the OT and the NT are sealed books to those who deny the Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ. God the Creator who sent his Son (Christ) to be the saviour of the old evil world.
You only get saved one time, never again and everyone was saved wants at the beginning of this new world in Christ.
People do back side and/or turn from God because something happen in their life and/or they get involved something they should not be (evil), but they can still repent and come back to him, that is how merciful the Lord God Almighty is. You will not fine men that merciful. Christ said, all sins are forgivable in this world and the world to come (today), except blaspheme against the Holy Ghost. When you repent, you got to ask for his divine power to turn form those evil deeds and/or unbelieve
Amused

Princeton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Godbot rule #1 "If it makes god look bad, it's a metaphor, or an allegory or otherwise instructional fiction".

Godbot rule # 2 "if it contradicts some other part of the bible, one or both of the contradictory bits is a metaphor, an allegory or some other kind of fiction."

Godbot rule #3 "if it describes an event which is clearly impossible or highly improbable, it is either a 'miracle' or a metaphor, an allegory or some other kind of fiction."

Application of these three rules allows one to assign virtually the entire book to the categories metaphor, allegory or some other kind of fiction.
Amused

Princeton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

OOOp. Forgot Godbot Rule# 4 "Nothing in the bible makes sense unless you use your True Believer Secret Decoder Ring (TM)"
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Or... say reality has got it wrong? Some godbots discount Evolution this way.
Amused wrote:
OOOp. Forgot Godbot Rule# 4 "Nothing in the bible makes sense unless you use your True Believer Secret Decoder Ring (TM)"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, a man can not confess Jesus Christ is the Lord without Holy Ghost. Christ and all his holy apostles spoke by the Holy Ghost.

Jesus told his disciples, I go to the Father and he will send you the comforter, the Spirit of Truth, which is the Holy Ghost and he will teach you all things, not of himself, but what I show him, for all things of the Father are given unto me to show unto you.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
So when Jehovah promised to never destroy the world by water again he was lying because he never did it the first time. You just make this stuff up as you go, don't cha?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,561 - 1,580 of4,533
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••