Noah's flood real

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#1241 Nov 22, 2012
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how the universe began. I know scientists are working on the answer, but we are a long way from there yet. I alos know that the fact that we don't know is not a license to make stuff up and pretend that it is the answer. If I were looking for a scientific answer in ancient texts, I'd probably avoid the one that posits 3 as a value for pi.
Nicely put.

Whatever the gaps in our knowledge - filling them with ancient barbarisms and superstitious mumbo jumbo is not a good move.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1242 Nov 22, 2012
Nikki wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I started to construct a massive pasta bowl in my garden would that prove the flying spaghetti monster is on his way to Earth?
<quoted text>
We've ha duniversal healthcare since 1945 in Belgium, so far the apocalypse has shown itself to be disappointedly lacking in fire and brimstone.
<quoted text>
Sure you can, most people just can't be bothered.
<quoted text>
No, you are fed genetically mutated crops.
Us Europeans have laws against those.
http://www.divinecaroline.com/22175/94738-sev...
<quoted text>
This is an ingternet forum, unless you start stalking members and sending them death threats nobody's going to sue you.
<quoted text>
The bible also mentions talking donkeys.
<quoted text>
It's always been about the money and the bible will only be right if, and only if, the rapture actually happens.
Heres a hint: it won't.
<quoted text>
Greedy people making a lot of money does not make the bible the ultimate truth.
<quoted text>
Which is why they don't mention you're little end of times fairytale.
lol you're silly,

America is getting ready for universal healthcare

Europe has laws against some G.E foods, but not against the fast food restruants,U.S imports and not to mention the candy

The donkey never talked on its own, God caused balaam to hear the Donkey.

Throughout the centuries it has never been as bad it is now. they always had wars and violence but not on a grand scale. The bible notes in the last days Matt 24:7 "For Nation will rise against nation and Kingdom against kingdom" World War 1 and world war 2... 100 Millions of people died.

The rapture? thats not in the bible.

another reason the bible is the truth is that in revaltion it notes that 7 th world power meaning U.S/U.k it describes them as amonster with sheep like horns symbolzing that they are vicious but pretend to innocent.

it also notes the 7th power will give birth to 7 headed wild beast meaning the United Nations

the book of revelation 1;1tells you that things in it are meant for our time and that it is symbolic. its written in signs to warn us.

Revelation describes false religion as babylon the Great ,the harlot. Religion like ancient Babylon sits on my waters, and harlot means that religion associates itself with political leaders.

if you look at religion it always involved in politics etc...
The bible says that the wild bneast ( U,N) will turnon the harlot ( false religion and destroy it , plunder the wealth and burn it.

It says the nations will be speaking peace and security first... Its not going to be a econimic downfall everything will appear to be Good and properous. its going to happen out no where,

The bible is the truth, it says the influence of false religion will not beable to defend her...

look at the world today, no one really cares about religion like they use to.

God always gives warning, just like how he sent jesus to warn the jews that romans were going to come and destroy their city. He said when u see the disgusting thing that causes desolation in a holy place flee, the Romans came to the jewish temple and ravaged it and then they left.... That was the sign for ppl to leave.

its the same in our day, God knows the future and he always warn ppl and most never listen

Location hidden

#1243 Nov 22, 2012
KJV wrote:
Now pay close attention to the last entry and it name "Atheist" vs "non-religious"
2nd to last.
IF THEY WERE THE SAME THEY WOULD HAVE LISTED THEM THAT WAY!
The CIA World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.35%(of which Roman Catholic 16.83%, Protestant 6.08%, Orthodox 4.03%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.43%, Hindu 13.78%, Buddhist 7.13%, Sikh 0.36%, Jewish 0.21%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 11.17%, non-religious 9.42%, atheists 2.04%.
Wow. A whole 2.04% you guys are kicking some ass. LOL
Type all the lies you want, survey after survey shows Atheist below 2.5%.
And separate from nonbelievers.
Just because its notes ppl as christian or muslim does not mean they go by the bible or qu'ran ... ppl generally note what their parents are, but it doesnt mean that they are religious.. my parents are . my mother sys shes christian { but she doesnt go to church lol) my father says he's muslim .. but he doesnt go to mosque .

Religion is not popular,if it was you would see more [[l waiting to ave sex when they're married, technically most of them are agnostic,

technically most of everyone in this forum is agnostic, they're not virgins,most of us are sexually active, we are not married, etc

People today hardly reflect religious attitudes, if you look at the religious teachings of religions, then look at how many ppl actually live by those standards the percentage is very low lol

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1244 Nov 22, 2012
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
lol you're silly,
Europe has laws against some G.E foods, but not against the fast food restruants,U.S imports and not to mention the candy
The donkey never talked on its own, God caused balaam to hear the Donkey.
Throughout the centuries it has never been as bad it is now. they always had wars and violence but not on a grand scale. The bible notes in the last days Matt 24:7 "For Nation will rise against nation and Kingdom against kingdom" World War 1 and world war 2... 100 Millions of people died.
another reason the bible is the truth is that in revaltion it notes that 7 th world power meaning U.S/U.k it describes them as amonster with sheep like horns symbolzing that they are vicious but pretend to innocent.
it also notes the 7th power will give birth to 7 headed wild beast meaning the United Nations
the book of revelation 1;1tells you that things in it are meant for our time and that it is symbolic. its written in signs to warn us.
Revelation describes false religion as babylon the Great ,the harlot. Religion like ancient Babylon sits on my waters, and harlot means that religion associates itself with political leaders.
if you look at religion it always involved in politics etc...
The bible says that the wild bneast ( U,N) will turnon the harlot ( false religion and destroy it , plunder the wealth and burn it.
It says the nations will be speaking peace and security first... Its not going to be a econimic downfall everything will appear to be Good and properous. its going to happen out no where,
The bible is the truth, it says the influence of false religion will not beable to defend her...
God always gives warning, just like how he sent jesus to warn the jews that romans were going to come and destroy their city. He said when u see the disgusting thing that causes desolation in a holy place flee, the Romans came to the jewish temple and ravaged it and then they left.... That was the sign for ppl to leave.
its the same in our day, God knows the future and he always warn ppl and most never listen
The sad thing is, you're trying to be serious and yet you have a sentence that starts "The donkey never talked on its own..."

Sorry, I would have read the rest, but I was laughing way too hard...
Nikki

Belgium

#1245 Nov 22, 2012
leahisadoll wrote:
lol you're silly,
Thank you, I do try. And might I return the compliment? You're very silly yourself.
I know America's getting ready for universal healthcare now, it's about time too. I was just pointing out healthcare has not managed to cause armageddon in Belgium. For that matter neither has gay marriage or the recreational use of marihuana

And I'm willing to trust EU with the genetic modification issue. Tests here are pretty rigorous and as long as scientists take their time to test thing thouroughly I'm good.

I avoid McDonalds on principal, so no problems there and candy by definition is bad for you. Sorry but that's just how it is.
So why wasn't the end of times during WWII? I'm sorry but 1945 is hardly "now".
English is my third language, I tend to use all christian forms of the end of times interchangeably. I really don't see much of a difference between them.
First of all the US and the UK are two distinctly different countries, they can't both be the seventh world power.

Out of curiosity, who were the other six and how do you decide which countries are world powers?

Also how exactly is the UN a seven headed wild beast, because try as I might I can not square that circle...
the book of revelation 1;1tells you that things in it are meant for our time and that it is symbolic. its written in signs to warn us.(...) The bible is the truth, it says the influence of false religion will not beable to defend her...
Were you using recreational marihuana when you were reading the bible? If so perhaps I should do the same, your version of the bible seems much more interesting.
Personally I think people care too much about religion, but that's just me.
Could god please start sending warnings to cities about to be hit by evil people or natural disasters again, please? That would really help.

Also if that donkey talked because god allowed it to, I will never forgive biblegod for not making my cat talk. Never.
If he has something important to say he should speak up. It shouldn't be too hard for an omnipotent god to make people listen.
Nikki

Belgium

#1246 Nov 22, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad thing is, you're trying to be serious and yet you have a sentence that starts "The donkey never talked on its own..."
I think she's nice actually: confusing, somewhat silly and definitely a closeted JW, but nice.

Location hidden

#1247 Nov 22, 2012
swerty wrote:
Christianity: The belief in a magic book written by an all-powerful invisible imaginary friend, which would be charming coming from anyone under ten, but from an adult is, quite franky, deeply worrying.
Only a book of divine importants can survive 2000 years without being destroyed.

That book is fact, it was written to show humans how to be aware of the future events that are going to occur.

Location hidden

#1248 Nov 22, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm it didn't, the Bible tells you that God made balaam hear the donkey...

Jehovah God created all things,whatever he speaks come true... Jehovah s name means causes to become.

It is because of him why all humans exist... only girls contain the hormone cell of bone reconstruction. When God took a rib from adam this made this possible.
The rib is theonly bone in the human body that grow back.

God made the earth perfect, everything he made, he made only within its own kind.

Which is why humans can only produce with other humans.

Macro Evolution is mot real,if it was the scientists would be able to induce but they can't.

God loves humans so much that he is begging ppl to come to him so he can help them. But again the Bible says thay ppl will be just like the days of Noah,not carring doing what they want to do.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1249 Nov 22, 2012
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a book of divine importants can survive 2000 years without being destroyed.
So you're a Hindu? The Vedas are over 3000 years old. Or maybe an Egyptian Pagan? There are hieroglyphic texts over 4000 years old.

Location hidden

#1250 Nov 23, 2012
Nikki wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, I do try. And might I return the compliment? You're very silly yourself.
<quoted text>
I know America's getting ready for universal healthcare now, it's about time too. I was just pointing out healthcare has not managed to cause armageddon in Belgium. For that matter neither has gay marriage or the recreational use of marihuana
And I'm willing to trust EU with the genetic modification issue. Tests here are pretty rigorous and as long as scientists take their time to test thing thouroughly I'm good.
I avoid McDonalds on principal, so no problems there and candy by definition is bad for you. Sorry but that's just how it is.
<quoted text>
So why wasn't the end of times during WWII? I'm sorry but 1945 is hardly "now".
<quoted text>
English is my third language, I tend to use all christian forms of the end of times interchangeably. I really don't see much of a difference between them.
<quoted text>
First of all the US and the UK are two distinctly different countries, they can't both be the seventh world power.
Out of curiosity, who were the other six and how do you decide which countries are world powers?
Also how exactly is the UN a seven headed wild beast, because try as I might I can not square that circle...
<quoted text>
Were you using recreational marihuana when you were reading the bible? If so perhaps I should do the same, your version of the bible seems much more interesting.
<quoted text>
Personally I think people care too much about religion, but that's just me.
<quoted text>
Could god please start sending warnings to cities about to be hit by evil people or natural disasters again, please? That would really help.
Also if that donkey talked because god allowed it to, I will never forgive biblegod for not making my cat talk. Never.
<quoted text>
If he has something important to say he should speak up. It shouldn't be too hard for an omnipotent god to make people listen.
I'll have to answers thia in segments. Universal health care is not good it doesn't work. It really just targets the poor. The world powers were 1.Egypt 2.Assyria 3.Babylon4 Medo pGreec 5Greece 6Roman empirs 7 anglo america and Brittain.
7 means conplete. The wildebeast is described with 7 heads and that it was put in place vy the 7 th power. The u.s and U.k share alliance and they will be the last earthly nations to rule before the system is brought to an end

Location hidden

#1251 Nov 23, 2012
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're a Hindu? The Vedas are over 3000 years old. Or maybe an Egyptian Pagan? There are hieroglyphic texts over 4000 years old.
The books of the bible date back abiut 6000 years However the complete bible was completed a little over 2000 years ago making the Bible supreme ..

Technically we are all pegans, ppl have managed to place the ancient gods on popular shoes,gadgets etc. Airforce symbol,
Pegan just means non Christian

I acknowledge that the Bible is divine but it doesn't mean I'm a Christian .

actions speak louder than words.

Location hidden

#1252 Nov 23, 2012
Nikki wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she's nice actually: confusing, somewhat silly and definitely a closeted JW, but nice.
I'm not a Jehovah's witness period, I've read the bible,and I've talk to them but me a Jehovahs witness hahaha.if I was one I would say it. If u read the Bible especially an English king james the Bible is clear. The Bible I read is from 1983
I just call it like see it.
I'm not a Christian, however I do believe that their is a God.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1253 Nov 23, 2012
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to answers thia in segments. Universal health care is not good it doesn't work. It really just targets the poor. The world powers were 1.Egypt 2.Assyria 3.Babylon4 Medo pGreec 5Greece 6Roman empirs 7 anglo america and Brittain.
7 means conplete. The wildebeast is described with 7 heads and that it was put in place vy the 7 th power. The u.s and U.k share alliance and they will be the last earthly nations to rule before the system is brought to an end
Its the end of the world!

Again....
Nikki

Brecht, Belgium

#1254 Nov 23, 2012
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
The kama sutra is dated roughly between 300 and 400 B.C.
Nikki

Brecht, Belgium

#1255 Nov 23, 2012
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to answers thia in segments. Universal health care is not good it doesn't work. It really just targets the poor.
Take it from someone who's lived in a country that has actual experience with universal healthcare.

Someone's been lying to you.

Poor people deserve cancer treatment too...
The world powers were 1.Egypt 2.Assyria 3.Babylon4 Medo pGreec 5Greece 6Roman empirs 7 anglo america and Brittain.
So why was Greece a world power and the USSR not? Or Spain and portugal during the colonisation? Or the Prussian empire? Or France under Napoleon? Or the Chinese empire?...
UN is not complete, it doesn't include all nations.
Nikki

Brecht, Belgium

#1256 Nov 23, 2012
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a Jehovah's witness period, I've read the bible,and I've talk to them but me a Jehovahs witness hahaha.if I was one I would say it. If u read the Bible especially an English king james the Bible is clear. The Bible I read is from 1983
I just call it like see it.
I'm not a Christian, however I do believe that their is a God.
For someone tht isn't a JW you certainly peddle a lot of their talking points...

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#1257 Nov 23, 2012
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to answers thia in segments. Universal health care is not good it doesn't work. It really just targets the poor.....
I would have thought that a good christian would want help the poor.

This one statement alone shows that you don't care about anybody but yourself.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#1258 Nov 23, 2012
Nikki wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone tht isn't a JW you certainly peddle a lot of their talking points...
Agreed. She claims not to be a christian or a jw. But only to believe in god and the bible. Maybe thats a good thing if she is working out whether the religions are right or wrong.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#1259 Nov 23, 2012
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
That book is fact, it was written to show humans how to be aware of the future events that are going to occur.
Depends of which book and what letters as well as the other manuscripts you are referring to.

There were many different books and manuscripts never entered into the KJV and that book was written around 1611. There was never a bible book that was written and placed into one book 2000 years ago.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#1261 Nov 23, 2012
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
The books of the bible date back abiut 6000 years However the complete bible was completed a little over 2000 years ago making the Bible supreme ..
Technically we are all pegans, ppl have managed to place the ancient gods on popular shoes,gadgets etc. Airforce symbol,
Pegan just means non Christian
I acknowledge that the Bible is divine but it doesn't mean I'm a Christian .
actions speak louder than words.
You're a woman.

Your god designed all of you with that sign of virginity, your hymen, which under many circumstances is known to tear.

Your god then allowed a society to flourish which killed women for not having that sign of virginity.

What a monster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good arguments against Christianity 12 min emperorjohn 248
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 18 min Patrick 85
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 18 min THE LONE WORKER 43,460
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 39 min emperorjohn 10,133
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 1 hr Reason Personified 104
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr emperorjohn 21,254
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 1 hr Into The Night 799
A Universe from Nothing? 2 hr Into The Night 631
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr scientia potentia... 18,732
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr ChristineM 256,648
More from around the web