KJV

United States

#1200 Nov 21, 2012
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>Secular/nonreligious/a theist/agnostic: 1.1 BILLION
http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adheren...

KJV wrote, "
The report estimates about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day. These atheists are presumably disproportionately represented in the West, while religion is thriving in the Global South, where charismatic Christianity is exploding."
Boy this sure must sting!
"

Yes, you must be proud that theism is growing primarily among uneducated people in 3rd world nations and dying in the 1st world.
One would tend to expect that once a 3rd world nation became educated they would turn to the most obvious choice.

Thanks for confirming my point.
KJV

United States

#1201 Nov 21, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>I had a look at this nonsense site.

Read this...

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/...

It says that when the Bible says a day it means a day and nothing else.

The same is true when the Bible gives a ratio of 3 for Pi.

It means 3 and nothing else.

That leaves you with a big problem.
No problem the ratio that was built was 3 and not Pi. The bible does not say Pi it says 3 and it turns out it was built to 3 and not Pi. You've got nothing.
Go back to your comic books.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#1202 Nov 21, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem the ratio that was built was 3 and not Pi. The bible does not say Pi it says 3 and it turns out it was built to 3 and not Pi. You've got nothing.
Go back to your comic books.
Except that the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter is not 3 so the Bible got it wrong.
Amused

Petersham, MA

#1203 Nov 21, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
In the real world that's where I live!
Atheist and Agnostics are two different words meaning two different things!
You Atheist are so afraid of the title you have claimed that you want or need to try and lump all nonbelievers in with you.
Why? So your numbers look better.
We've seen that all over these boards when the true Atheist number of 2.3% is brought out. Again you feel the need to include all nonbelievers such as new borns, so you can try and claim that we all were once Atheist so see we're not all that bad. And you feel the need to try and pull in the agnostics because they have an open mind and have not made a decision yet.
Atheist have made their decision unlike all the rest. Atheist believe no God or Gods exist. You're all by yourselves here.
Agnostics are not unbelievers. Agnostics are people who say that we cannot know whether god exists. They neither believe nor disbelieve.

BY the way, people who believe in invisible beings in the sky who poofed the entire universe into existence in 6 days, humans co-existing with dinosaurs, a 6,000 year old earth and a global flood pretty much by any definition of "real" do not live in the real world.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1204 Nov 21, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
One would tend to expect that once a 3rd world nation became educated they would turn to the most obvious choice.
Thanks for confirming my point.
Your point was that uneducated people choose Christianity and Islam in large numbers, while educated people are more often nonreligious?

Great point.

Location hidden

#1205 Nov 21, 2012
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Agnostics are not unbelievers. Agnostics are people who say that we cannot know whether god exists. They neither believe nor disbelieve.
Virtually all agnostics are atheists. You either actively believe in a god or you do not.
KJV

United States

#1206 Nov 21, 2012
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>Agnostics are not unbelievers. Agnostics are people who say that we cannot know whether god exists. They neither believe nor disbelieve.

BY the way, people who believe in invisible beings in the sky who poofed the entire universe into existence in 6 days, humans co-existing with dinosaurs, a 6,000 year old earth and a global flood pretty much by any definition of "real" do not live in the real world.
How do you believe everything started?

We know that the universe had a beginning by the laws of Thermodynamics. So please explain a more believable beginning. How are you going to get from nothing to something that completely blows away any chance the you didn't need a God.
KJV

United States

#1207 Nov 21, 2012
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>Your point was that uneducated people choose Christianity and Islam in large numbers, while educated people are more often nonreligious?

Great point.
Really? I mean do you really believe the crap you type?

Let's see here is your statement in regards to the growing theist population in the world.
"Yes, you must be proud that theism is growing primarily among uneducated people in 3rd world nations and dying in the 1st world."

Everyone knows that 3rd world nations are becoming way more educated in fact the U.S. has slipped into the high teens or low twenty in the worlds education level. So I stated the its obvious that as the third world nation become educated it of no wonder that they choose the obvious choice of Theist.

And that confuses you to the point that you type this?

"Your point was that uneducated people choose Christianity and Islam in large numbers, while educated people are more often nonreligious?"

WOW.

Which 3rd world nation do you live in?
KJV

United States

#1208 Nov 21, 2012
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>Virtually all agnostics are atheists. You either actively believe in a god or you do not.
Incorrect.

"athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity"

ag·nos·tic\ag-ˈnäs-tik,əg -\
noun
1 : a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a gods.

Can you understand the difference?
Or perhaps it's beyond your grasp.

Location hidden

#1209 Nov 21, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone knows that 3rd world nations are becoming way more educated
3rd world nations still have horrible education systems. These are the countries theism is growing in.
KJV wrote:
in fact the U.S. has slipped into the high teens or low twenty in the worlds education level.
And who are the countries above it? Non-religious Western Europe? Non-religion Northern Europe? Non-religious Eastern Asia?

You cannot deal with this simple fact:
Among highly educated nations, theism is dying.

Location hidden

#1210 Nov 21, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
It's not incorrect. You're ignorant of the terms.

Atheism/theism is a question related BELIEF.
Agnosticism is a question related to KNOWLEDGE.

Virtually all self-identified agnostics are atheists because they do not believe in gods.
Nikki

Haacht, Belgium

#1211 Nov 21, 2012
The_Box wrote:
It's not incorrect. You're ignorant of the terms.
Atheism/theism is a question related BELIEF.
Agnosticism is a question related to KNOWLEDGE.
Virtually all self-identified agnostics are atheists because they do not believe in gods.
I identify as an agnostic atheist, trying to explain this to religious people is an exercise in futility.

Trust me, I've tried...
KJV

United States

#1212 Nov 21, 2012
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>3rd world nations still have horrible education systems. These are the countries theism is growing in.

KJV wrote, "
in fact the U.S. has slipped into the high teens or low twenty in the worlds education level."

And who are the countries above it? Non-religious Western Europe? Non-religion Northern Europe? Non-religious Eastern Asia?

You cannot deal with this simple fact:
Among highly educated nations, theism is dying.
So you can't understand a simple dictionary.
KJV

United States

#1213 Nov 21, 2012
Now pay close attention to the last entry and it name "Atheist" vs "non-religious"
2nd to last.

IF THEY WERE THE SAME THEY WOULD HAVE LISTED THEM THAT WAY!

The CIA World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.35%(of which Roman Catholic 16.83%, Protestant 6.08%, Orthodox 4.03%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.43%, Hindu 13.78%, Buddhist 7.13%, Sikh 0.36%, Jewish 0.21%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 11.17%, non-religious 9.42%, atheists 2.04%.

Wow. A whole 2.04% you guys are kicking some ass. LOL

Type all the lie you want survey after survey shows Atheist below 2.5%

Location hidden

#1214 Nov 21, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't understand a simple dictionary.
I've explained the difference in definitions to you. Your inability to comprehend it is your problem.

Location hidden

#1215 Nov 21, 2012
KJV wrote:
Now pay close attention to the last entry and it name "Atheist" vs "non-religious"
2nd to last.
IF THEY WERE THE SAME THEY WOULD HAVE LISTED THEM THAT WAY!
It has to do with personal identification.

If you asked a Catholic what category they fit under, they would say "Catholic". They wouldn't say "theist". Many people are theists, but almost none of them identify as that.

Likewise, many atheists would simply answer 'nonreligious' for such surveys.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1216 Nov 21, 2012
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
But you listen to some ignorant crap called the BuyBull.
<quoted text>
Now that's a JWitless for you!
i read the bible and its truth.

I have a hope, the bible gives you hope. if you want to live then you listen to it, if you listen to the scientist ,the ones that are backed by big corporations its clear that only ppl with money and power will survive . their only 1 percent of the human population.

if you read the bible, god has always sent prophets warning people about the future. the bible was written to warn us about the end in our day. which is now.

you don't have to listen to the bible but don't disrespect it.

false teachings will die out but the truth will always survive.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#1217 Nov 21, 2012
KJV confirms it. They are really very ignorant people.
Nikki wrote:
<quoted text>
I identify as an agnostic atheist, trying to explain this to religious people is an exercise in futility.
Trust me, I've tried...

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#1218 Nov 21, 2012
Show your boobies and you'll sell more watchtowers for your cult.

Sorry the world didn't end in 1914 so your JW cult had it wrong :(

Now show your boobies
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a hope, the bible gives you hope. if you want to live then you listen to it, if you listen to the scientist ,the ones that are backed by big corporations its clear that only ppl with money and power will survive . their only 1 percent of the human population.
if you read the bible, god has always sent prophets warning people about the future. the bible was written to warn us about the end in our day. which is now.
you don't have to listen to the bible but don't disrespect it.
Nikki

Haacht, Belgium

#1219 Nov 21, 2012
leahisadoll wrote:
Says who?
I have never heard a scientist claim that. Can you give me a source?
If you read the bible, god has always sent prophets warning people about the future. the bible was written to warn us about the end in our day. which is now.
This does not sound very hopeful to me...

Also you're not the first christian to predict the end of times and I very much doubt you'll be the last.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictions_and_...
You don't have to listen to the bible but don't disrespect it.
I think you owe people elementary politeness (until they prove themselves unworthy of the courtesy), respect however is something that must be earned.
I believe you are underestimating the stupidity of the general population. Many of them are proving to be surprisingly resistant to logic and common sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min ChristineM 232,019
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr Even Steven 1,049
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 4 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,456
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 14 hr thetruth 29
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 14 hr thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 14 hr thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Thu QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE