Since: Mar 11

United States

#1118 Nov 18, 2012
No of course we or any reasonable person doesn't.
Now what is the name of the church you belong to?

Or are you afraid to say because your cult master monitors your posts?

You must be deeply ashamed to refuse for so long to simply say what church you belong to. Deeply ashamed indeed.
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, do you people believe Christ the Son of God walked on the earth in the flesh of man??

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#1119 Nov 19, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted earlier by derek4
Study: Atheists Have Lowest 'Retention Rate' Compared to Religious Groups
Only about 30 percent of those who grow up in an atheist household remain atheists as adults. This "retention rate" was the lowest among the 20 separate categories in the study.
There were 1,387 atheists (weighted) in the survey. Four-hundred thirty-two weighted respondents said they were raised atheist. Of those, 131 self-identified as atheist.
Continued:
Gray also noted that, "of those raised as atheists, 30% are now affiliated with a Protestant denomination, 10% are Catholic, 2% are Jewish, 1% are Mormon, and 1% are Pagan."
Jehovah's Witness, congregationalist and holiness churches had the next lowest retention rates at 37 percent, 37 percent and 32 percent, respectively. Thirty-eight percent of those who grew up with no particular religious faith or belief system remained that way.
Hindus had the highest retention rate at 84 percent, followed by Jews (76 percent), Muslims (76 percent), Greek Orthodox (73 percent), Mormons (70 percent) and Catholics (68 percent).
Baptists had the highest retention rate of the Protestant Christian categories at 60 percent, followed by Lutheran (59 percent) and Pentecostal (50 percent).
http://www.christianpost.com/news/study-athei...
[Right; NO thinking people don't want to be atheists.]
July, 2012
“Atheists abandon their beliefs more often than people in other religious groups, study finds”
A new study has found that people raised in an atheist home abandon those beliefs as adults more often than people raised with other religious belief systems, putting atheism at a 30 percent retention rate. Conclusions and interpretations of the study are that atheists are more often "made" as adults rather than "raised." The highest retention rates are in the Hindu faith, which holds onto about 84 percent of adherents.
Those who grow up in an atheist household are least likely to maintain their beliefs about religion as adults, according to a study by Georgetown University's Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA).
Only about 30 percent of those who grow up in an atheist household remain atheists as adults. This "retention rate" was the lowest among the 20 separate categories in the study.
There were 1,387 atheists (weighted) in the survey. Four-hundred thirty-two weighted respondents said they were raised atheist. Of those, 131 self-identified as atheist.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765589392/...
[Who would want to be an atheist? LOL]
So you don't know what atheist doctrines are, well that's ok because because I have never heard of them either.

But fell free to tell me what I "believe" in, I like a good laugh.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#1120 Nov 19, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
Does Atheist believe Christ the Son of God walked on the earth in the flesh of man??
Proof positive that there really is such a thing as a stupid question...

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#1121 Nov 19, 2012
That so needs to go on the dumbest thing a godbot has said thread :)
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1122 Nov 19, 2012
What do you get if you cross a Jew?

Christianity.
Bud144-Angel wrote:
Givemeliberty
Sorry I was so rude with you and others, I'll let you be.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1123 Nov 19, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, thanks for answering my question. It was a very important question.

Location hidden

#1124 Nov 19, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Givemeliberty nows the answer, he said he was raise a baptize. He knows the books of 1st & 2nd John, ask him.

Location hidden

#1125 Nov 19, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
No of course we or any reasonable person doesn't.
Now what is the name of the church you belong to?
Or are you afraid to say because your cult master monitors your posts?
You must be deeply ashamed to refuse for so long to simply say what church you belong to. Deeply ashamed indeed.
<quoted text>
Hi, so you can not read and comprehend. You know what church I belong to, churches of the first born written in heaven that the Atheist and many others have left.
Amused

Maynard, MA

#1126 Nov 19, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, do you people believe Christ the Son of God walked on the earth in the flesh of man??
No. Next question.
Amused

Maynard, MA

#1127 Nov 19, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, I told you I belong to teh churches of God the Father in our Lord Jesus Christ by the Holy Ghost, called the SpiritualNation of Israel. We believe the NT happen in the last 70 years of that old evil world and Chrsit returned like he said he would at the end of that world and bring tehj new wife of God into this new world and that everyone was a Christian at the beginning of this new world 2012 years ago.
I am not a RC, OC, and/or PC, I don't agree with what they what they teach. God is not gone into this new world saving sinner again. You get saved one time by faith with good works.
Question: Saved from what?
Answer: Saved from god. After all, in your mythology, it is your god who is going to torture us if we are not "saved". So, your god is both the problem and the solution.

Location hidden

#1128 Nov 19, 2012
After those days, I (God of Israel) will made an everlasting covenant with his people (all men, Jews and Gentiles) born again and saved from the wrath of the Lamb of God in the beginning of this new world and he will put his laws in our hearts and write in them our minds and be a God unto us and not have to teach every man his his neighbor, FOR all men knoweth the Lord.

You can never run from Christianity, it will follow you to the grave.

You can deny him, but he will never deny himself and he live in his people today and forever and ever, world withour end.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#1129 Nov 19, 2012
delusion - "A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary."

"Delusion refers to some firm belief you have that is actually not grounded in reality."

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1130 Nov 19, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
You can never run from Christianity, it will follow you to the grave.
Sounds like a creepy, stalker religion.
Amused

Maynard, MA

#1131 Nov 19, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
... saved from the wrath of the Lamb of God ...
So, you agree with me that in your religion, god is offering us protection from himself. Which makes your religion the paradigm of circular reasoning.
As for all men knowing christinaity, you really ought to get out and travel more. Vast portions of the world are either devoid of christians or have christians as a very tiny minority of the population. In those places, the people know about as much about christianity as you do about hinduism, buddhism or islam, i.e. not much. The sheer arrogance of your assumption that everyone shares your beliefs is absolutely breathtaking in its inanity.
KJV

United States

#1132 Nov 19, 2012
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>The group that doesn't actively indoctrinate their children is the least likely to force them into their beliefs?

What a shocker.

The ranks of the nonreligious still continue to climb upward. Religion is dying.
2.3% what a joke your religion is!

You claim all humans are born atheist.
Ok that means at one time you had 100% of the human population. The current percentage of the world population is at 2.3%.

That means that 97.7% of your congregation has left your faith!!

WTF is wrong with you guys?
97.7%!!!!!!!
Do you realize how many people that is?

Man your not just losing them at that rate there running from you! LMFAO
KJV

United States

#1133 Nov 19, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Let's look at your post as it would look if you knew what you are mouthing off about >>>>>

Posted earlier by derek4
The Atheist's Paper: An Illustrious Collection of Irreverent Thoughts [Hardcover]
Joan Konner (Author)
3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (29 customer reviews)
List Price:$16.99
Price:$11.55 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Deal Price:
You Save:$5.44 (32%)
Only 4 left in stock (more on the way).
http://www.amazon.com/The-Atheists-Paper-Illu...
[Wow – only 4 left – MAN – those atheists love their papers!!!- get your copy now before they run out!!!!
<<<<<

Now Sock, let me show you why you make no impact against us, with this post ..........

This book is almost satire ... a mockery of your book.

The word "bible" has less meaning than you are assuming. The word "Bible comes from the Egyptian word "byblos" for parchment, and the Greek word "biblia" meaning "paper or scrolls.". So you commenting on the atheist >>> bible <<< simply means you are commenting on a book, or paper written by an atheist. This one is a compiliation of quotes. No life guide, or anything like that in any way implied.

It's nice of you to help sell this bit of sanity and reason. Any small step away from religion and the usury inflicted on mankind by the thumpers of the dirty book " The Holy Bible", is much appreciated.

Keep it up, you do more for us now, than you will ever do for theism.
You own one?

Thought you would moved up on your congregation did ya?

What about the Atheist Church?

Posted else where by derek4

February 4, 2011

Church, without God

“Stan Bradley likes Bible stories, admires Martin Luther and uses expressions such as 'heavens, no.'

The Lithopolis man is president of a local congregation and rarely misses a Sunday service. Occasionally, he goes to his wife's church instead.

For these and other reasons, Bradley considers himself religious.”

He is also an atheist.

continued:

“Like Bradley, some atheists participate in organized religion for its social and psychological benefits.”

continued:

“Churches are great places to find friends, support and youth education, so nonbelievers and believers alike join congregations to fill those needs, he said.

He has spoken to elderly and sick people who can no longer go to church and they say they most miss the feeling of community.

Recent research from Harvard University and the University of Wisconsin backs him up. It found that religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people, not because of belief but because of the friendships found at church.”
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/faith...

“religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people”[I have said this all along, and my posts are still on the board to confirm it. Now you hear it straight from the atheist, lol.]
KJV

United States

#1134 Nov 19, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>So you don't know what atheist doctrines are, well that's ok because because I have never heard of them either.

Ok I'll fell free to tell you.

From Nova:

"For decades, every attempt to describe the force of gravity in the same language as the other forces—the language of quantum mechanics—has met with disaster

S. JAMES GATES, JR.: You try to put those two pieces of mathematics together, they do not coexist peacefully.

S. JAMES GATES, JR.: The laws of nature are supposed to apply everywhere. So if Einstein's laws are supposed to apply everywhere, and the laws of quantum mechanics are supposed to apply everywhere, well you can't have two separate everywheres.

RIGHT SIDE BRIAN GREENE: In the years since, physics split into two separate camps: one that uses general relativity to study big and heavy objects, things like stars, galaxies and the universe as a whole...

LEFT SIDE BRIAN GREENE:...and another that uses quantum mechanics to study the tiniest of objects, like atoms and particles. This has been kind of like having two families that just cannot get along and never talk to each other...

LEFT SIDE BRIAN GREENE: There just seemed to be no way to combine quantum mechanics...

RIGHT SIDE BRIAN GREENE:...and general relativity in a single theory that could describe the universe on all scales.

So here's the question: if you're trying to figure out what happens in the depths of a black hole, where an entire star is crushed to a tiny speck, do you use general relativity because the star is incredibly heavy or quantum mechanics because it's incredibly tiny?

Well, that's the problem. Since the center of a black hole is both tiny and heavy, you can't avoid using both theories at the same time. And when we try to put the two theories together in the realm of black holes, they conflict. It breaks down. They give nonsensical predictions. And the universe is not nonsensical; it's got to make sense.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1135 Nov 19, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
2.3% what a joke your religion is!
I don't follow any religion.

The nonreligious make up over 15% of the US and world population.
KJV wrote:
You claim all humans are born atheist.
Strictly speaking, that's true, but babies aren't rational thinkers. A child who is brought into religion doesn't do so out of reason, but to follow their parents.

Do you have no reaction to the fact that the nonreligious are strongly growing in number while the religious die off?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1136 Nov 19, 2012
KJV wrote:
Recent research from Harvard University and the University of Wisconsin backs him up. It found that religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people, not because of belief but because of the friendships found at church.”
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/faith...
“religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people”[I have said this all along, and my posts are still on the board to confirm it. Now you hear it straight from the atheist, lol.]
Your own post explains that it's a social phenomenon that has nothing to do with belief or disbelief.

It's like saying Justin Beiber is better than Mozart because Bieber's fans are happier because they get to listen to him on the radio all the time.
KJV

United States

#1137 Nov 19, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>So you don't know what atheist doctrines are, well that's ok because because I have never heard of them either.

Here I fell you some more!

( it's about here that I'll make my typo now.)

BRIAN GREENE: It's a little known secret but for more than half a century a dark cloud has been looming over modern science. Here's the problem: our understanding of the universe is based on two separate theories. One is Einstein's general theory of relativity—that's a way of understanding the biggest things in the universe, things like stars and galaxies. But the littlest things in the universe, atoms and subatomic particles, play by an entirely different set of rules called, "quantum Mechanics"

These two sets of rules are each incredibly accurate in their own domain but whenever we try to combine them, to solve some of the deepest mysteries in the universe, disaster strikes.

Take the beginning of the universe, the "big bang." At that instant a tiny nugget erupted violently. Over the next 14 billion years the universe expanded and cooled into the stars, galaxies and planets we see today. But if we run the cosmic film in reverse, everything that's now rushing apart comes back together, so the universe gets smaller, hotter and denser as we head back to the beginning of time.

As we reach the big bang, when the universe was both enormously heavy and incredibly tiny, our projector jams. Our two laws of physics, when combined, break down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Joe fortuna 233,215
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 2 hr Richardfs 179
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr Morse 2,625
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Morse 23,279
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr Morse 5,960
faith & pride 3 hr geezerjock 1
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 6 hr _Bad Company 214
More from around the web