Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#1098 Nov 17, 2012
spidersandsnakes wrote:
God gave his first born, his very best to save humans John 3: 16,17
That's Love
Man you certainly have a warped idea of what love is.

Dan Barker puts it far more eloquently than I can.....

"I do understand what love is, and that is one of the reasons I can never again be a Christian.

Love is not self denial. Love is not blood and suffering. Love is not murdering your son to appease your own vanity. Love is not hatred or wrath, consigning billions of people to eternal torture because they have offended your ego or disobeyed your rules. Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission.

It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being."

In other words, Christianity is based on fear.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#1099 Nov 18, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Man you certainly have a warped idea of what love is.
Dan Barker puts it far more eloquently than I can.....
"I do understand what love is, and that is one of the reasons I can never again be a Christian.
Love is not self denial. Love is not blood and suffering. Love is not murdering your son to appease your own vanity. Love is not hatred or wrath, consigning billions of people to eternal torture because they have offended your ego or disobeyed your rules. Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission.
It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being."
In other words, Christianity is based on fear.
That is why I ask him/her to produce any love shown in the bible. So far one can.

Only vanity produced hate and jealousy, along with the atrocities in the a name of a god or gods.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1100 Nov 18, 2012
Does Atheist believe Christ the Son of God walked on the earth in the flesh of man??
KJV

United States

#1101 Nov 18, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>What "Atheist doctrine"?
Posted earlier by derek4

The Atheist's Bible: An Illustrious Collection of Irreverent Thoughts [Hardcover]
Joan Konner (Author)
3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (29 customer reviews)

List Price:$16.99
Price:$11.55 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Deal Price:
You Save:$5.44 (32%)

Only 4 left in stock (more on the way).
http://www.amazon.com/The-Atheists-Bible-Illu...

[Wow – only 4 left – MAN – those atheists love their bibles!!!- get your copy now before they run out!!!!]
KJV

United States

#1102 Nov 18, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
Posted else where by derek4

February 4, 2011

Church, without God

“Stan Bradley likes Bible stories, admires Martin Luther and uses expressions such as 'heavens, no.'

The Lithopolis man is president of a local congregation and rarely misses a Sunday service. Occasionally, he goes to his wife's church instead.

For these and other reasons, Bradley considers himself religious.”

He is also an atheist.

continued:

“Like Bradley, some atheists participate in organized religion for its social and psychological benefits.”

continued:

“Churches are great places to find friends, support and youth education, so nonbelievers and believers alike join congregations to fill those needs, he said.

He has spoken to elderly and sick people who can no longer go to church and they say they most miss the feeling of community.

Recent research from Harvard University and the University of Wisconsin backs him up. It found that religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people, not because of belief but because of the friendships found at church.”
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/faith...

“religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people”[I have said this all along, and my posts are still on the board to confirm it. Now you hear it straight from the atheist, lol.]
KJV

United States

#1103 Nov 18, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
Posted earlier by derek4

Study: Atheists Have Lowest 'Retention Rate' Compared to Religious Groups

Only about 30 percent of those who grow up in an atheist household remain atheists as adults. This "retention rate" was the lowest among the 20 separate categories in the study.

There were 1,387 atheists (weighted) in the survey. Four-hundred thirty-two weighted respondents said they were raised atheist. Of those, 131 self-identified as atheist.

Continued:

Gray also noted that, "of those raised as atheists, 30% are now affiliated with a Protestant denomination, 10% are Catholic, 2% are Jewish, 1% are Mormon, and 1% are Pagan."

Jehovah's Witness, congregationalist and holiness churches had the next lowest retention rates at 37 percent, 37 percent and 32 percent, respectively. Thirty-eight percent of those who grew up with no particular religious faith or belief system remained that way.

Hindus had the highest retention rate at 84 percent, followed by Jews (76 percent), Muslims (76 percent), Greek Orthodox (73 percent), Mormons (70 percent) and Catholics (68 percent).

Baptists had the highest retention rate of the Protestant Christian categories at 60 percent, followed by Lutheran (59 percent) and Pentecostal (50 percent).
http://www.christianpost.com/news/study-athei...

[Right; NO thinking people don't want to be atheists.]

July, 2012

“Atheists abandon their beliefs more often than people in other religious groups, study finds”

A new study has found that people raised in an atheist home abandon those beliefs as adults more often than people raised with other religious belief systems, putting atheism at a 30 percent retention rate. Conclusions and interpretations of the study are that atheists are more often "made" as adults rather than "raised." The highest retention rates are in the Hindu faith, which holds onto about 84 percent of adherents.

Those who grow up in an atheist household are least likely to maintain their beliefs about religion as adults, according to a study by Georgetown University's Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA).

Only about 30 percent of those who grow up in an atheist household remain atheists as adults. This "retention rate" was the lowest among the 20 separate categories in the study.

There were 1,387 atheists (weighted) in the survey. Four-hundred thirty-two weighted respondents said they were raised atheist. Of those, 131 self-identified as atheist.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765589392/...

[Who would want to be an atheist? LOL]

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1104 Nov 18, 2012
KJV wrote:
Study: Atheists Have Lowest 'Retention Rate' Compared to Religious Groups
The group that doesn't actively indoctrinate their children is the least likely to force them into their beliefs?

What a shocker.

The ranks of the nonreligious still continue to climb upward. Religion is dying.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#1105 Nov 18, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
Does Atheist believe Christ the Son of God walked on the earth in the flesh of man??
So you are asking the atheist, if they are in fact theist?

Due to man's incredible propensity to hang on to souvenirs of anything and everything a bit noteworthy or out of the ordinary. I am assuming that for you to believe, you would have been made aware of signed furniture made by the carpenter, or maybe dried bits of manna from heaven? Surely the smitten fig tree was dismantled and sold off piece mill almost immediately after the event, or the jugs that contained the water into wine. Any one of those items would have instantly become treasured family heirlooms, with the potential value to surpass any Leonardo di Vinci ever sold.
Are we not looking into the right auction venues?

Since: Mar 11

United States

#1106 Nov 18, 2012
He is on of the dumbest posters ever, and that is saying something! He belongs to a scary, strange backwoods cult and is ashamed to say which one it is.

You're answer is well worded indeed and may I ad that the more we learn the more likely it seems that Jesus may have never existed period but rather was a construct by people wanting to start a new religion. This was repeatedly done in the area at that time with sons of the gods popping up like Starbucks.
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>So you are asking the atheist, if they are in fact theist?
Due to man's incredible propensity to hang on to souvenirs of anything and everything a bit noteworthy or out of the ordinary. I am assuming that for you to believe, you would have been made aware of signed furniture made by the carpenter, or maybe dried bits of manna from heaven? Surely the smitten fig tree was dismantled and sold off piece mill almost immediately after the event, or the jugs that contained the water into wine. Any one of those items would have instantly become treasured family heirlooms, with the potential value to surpass any Leonardo di Vinci ever sold.
Are we not looking into the right auction venues?

United States

#1107 Nov 18, 2012
Does bud finally have the courage to say what church he belongs to or did his cult master forbid it?
Bud144-Angel wrote:

Location hidden

#1108 Nov 18, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Does bud finally have the courage to say what church he belongs to or did his cult master forbid it?
<quoted text>
Hi, I told you I belong to teh churches of God the Father in our Lord Jesus Christ by the Holy Ghost, called the SpiritualNation of Israel. We believe the NT happen in the last 70 years of that old evil world and Chrsit returned like he said he would at the end of that world and bring tehj new wife of God into this new world and that everyone was a Christian at the beginning of this new world 2012 years ago.

I am not a RC, OC, and/or PC, I don't agree with what they what they teach. God is not gone into this new world saving sinner again. You get saved one time by faith with good works.

Earth,TX

#1109 Nov 18, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted earlier by derek4
The Atheist's Bible: An Illustrious Collection of Irreverent Thoughts [Hardcover]
Joan Konner (Author)
Price:$11.55 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Deal Price:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Atheists-Bible-Illu...
[Wow – only 4 left – MAN – those atheists love their bibles!!!- get your copy now before they run out!!!!]
Let's look at your post as it would look if you knew what you are mouthing off about >>>>>

Posted earlier by derek4
The Atheist's Paper: An Illustrious Collection of Irreverent Thoughts [Hardcover]
Joan Konner (Author)
Deal Price:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Atheists-Paper-Illu...
[Wow – only 4 left – MAN – those atheists love their papers!!!- get your copy now before they run out!!!!
<<<<<

Now Sock, let me show you why you make no impact against us, with this post ..........

This book is almost satire ... a mockery of your book.

The word "bible" has less meaning than you are assuming. The word "Bible comes from the Egyptian word "byblos" for parchment, and the Greek word "biblia" meaning "paper or scrolls.". So you commenting on the atheist >>> bible <<< simply means you are commenting on a book, or paper written by an atheist. This one is a compiliation of quotes. No life guide, or anything like that in any way implied.

It's nice of you to help sell this bit of sanity and reason. Any small step away from religion and the usury inflicted on mankind by the thumpers of the dirty book " The Holy Bible", is much appreciated.

Keep it up, you do more for us now, than you will ever do for theism.

Location hidden

#1110 Nov 18, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, do you people believe Christ the Son of God walked on the earth in the flesh of man??

Earth,TX

#1111 Nov 18, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, do you people believe Christ the Son of God walked on the earth in the flesh of man??
Why do you ask the atheist, if he is a theist?

I already know that you religitards do not believe in Santa, but while I am here, do you lot believe in Santa?
soapmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#1112 Nov 18, 2012
youtube.com/watch... no not real Noah a fake

Earth,TX

#1113 Nov 18, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
He is on of the dumbest posters ever, and that is saying something! He belongs to a scary, strange backwoods cult and is ashamed to say which one it is.
You're answer is well worded indeed and may I ad that the more we learn the more likely it seems that Jesus may have never existed period but rather was a construct by people wanting to start a new religion. This was repeatedly done in the area at that time with sons of the gods popping up like Starbucks.
<quoted text>
Thank you sir, I do appreciate the compliment.

From his cult's name, I would assume it to be a rather new convolution, of previous dogmas, perhaps put through the apologists mill several times before being displayed out on the Christain salad bar.

There seems to be fewer and fewer hogs at the trough, with each passing Sunday, maybe that is why we have never heard of this particular brand of slop.
Sparky

AOL

#1114 Nov 18, 2012
Do you mean like Jesus was wearing a Joe Dirt suit?

Location hidden

#1115 Nov 18, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you ask the atheist, if he is a theist?
I already know that you religitards do not believe in Santa, but while I am here, do you lot believe in Santa?

Hi, for your information, bible or Holy Bible is no were in the OT and the NT.

Did the Lord Jesus Christ walk on this earth in the flesh of men?

I don't believe in Christmas or Easter. Its not a Christian holiday. RC's made that up.

Earth,TX

#1116 Nov 18, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in Christmas or Easter. Its not a Christian holiday. RC's made that up.
Why do you ask the atheist, if he is a theist?

United States

#1117 Nov 18, 2012
Hey reject do you even know what an atheist is? No seriously are you that stupid? You are a great example I the weak minded idiots that get lured into cults like the one you are ordered not to mention by your cult master.

Let me help you. An atheist is someone who doesn't believe in god/s. Are you with me so far mouth breather? Ok wipe the snot that's running down your face and we'll continue.

So if one doesn't believe in god then they don't believe in his son either, still with me or am I going to fast for you?

Sorry but there is no historical proof that Jesus even existed.

Now do you have some watchtowers to sell or snakes to handle?
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 9 min Thinking 181
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 10 min Eman 22,025
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 227,377
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 2 hr Patrick 41
Stump a theist with 2 questions 7 hr Thinking 15
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 7 hr Thinking 69
The Ultimate Evidence of God 14 hr sriKim 120
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••