“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#974 Nov 15, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha! Gotcha! You have no clue, so you stomp your feet. Go back to the porch and play with puppies. You ain't ready to play with the big dogs!
You got nothing. It is irrelevant, the buybull and all those little niggling details which do not add up are irrelevant. They are totally meaningless, as in they are "nothing".

Exactly like this >> How many times has the letter "A" been used by an atheist, to mock Christainity?

See, the question, and any possible answer are just meaningless. Who cares, and how could it possibly matter? It doesn't change one iota of the just plain wrong crap that is in that dirty holy book.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#975 Nov 15, 2012
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are lies.
I'm not going to listen to some ignorant crap like that.
Most of the blood given in transfusions are contaminated... how ever you can chose blood supplements like platelets.
Honestly tranfusions are dangerous, its a plot to get money because humans will do anything to save their own lives.
Organs go for big money and so does blood.
you contradict yourself. Obviously you have to examine both sides of the story.
So many sick ppl use human bodies and sell them to doctors. Those bodies can be contaminated.
Just let it go because clearly you do not know the dark side
But it's OK that the child die, just in case? I am a committed life long, blood donor and today, I donated blood, clean and pure blood.

No possibility of any future illness in it, and you idiots would still let a person die, for lack of it? That is low, inhuman, hate-filled and just plain stupid. Deny a real life a chance because there might be remote possibility of a problem in the future?

How about you idiots stay off the freeways, it's possible you might be in a wreck.

and

How about, no more shoving food down your throat, you might choke.

and

You can't die in a house fire, if you stay out of houses.

Protect yourself, from all possibilities.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#976 Nov 16, 2012
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
She had to serve God exclusively. She wasn't killed.
Her father was sad because he gave her life. Women in those days lived for marriage and children.
So you need a modern English bible.. no one even talks like that anymore. That's why so many ppl are confused.
King james had the Bible translated so he could understand it... king james was gay and he killed his mother. He just wanted to read the Bible so he could understand it.
More True Believer mumbo jumbo. The bible says what it says. No True Christian Secret Decoder Ring makes the inconvenient bits go away or mean something else, no matter how many times you tell yourself that it does.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#977 Nov 16, 2012
In the NT, we are commanded not to make any vow before God of Spiritual Nation Israel, he will hold us to it.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#978 Nov 16, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
In the NT, we are commanded not to make any vow before God of Spiritual Nation Israel, he will hold us to it.
Thanks, Ronny Random....

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#979 Nov 16, 2012
Even when it comes to sacrificing children as a burnt offering to him as in the case of Jephtha.
Bud144-Angel wrote:

Location hidden

#980 Nov 16, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Even when it comes to sacrificing children as a burnt offering to him as in the case of Jephtha.
<quoted text>
Hi, what they did in those days are pass and we are forgiven for them and what we do today according to this NT we are accountable for. A Son and Daughter of Spiritual Israelunder his everlasting covenant will not make a vow and or swear on any in heaven and earth. I don't make promises, for then I have to keep them.

I am accountable to every word of God in the NT, not the old. In fact, every man under heaven is accountable to this NT, weather he believes it or not.

In the book of Colossians its written, Chapter 1, verse 23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to EVERY creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

No one will escape the Lord God Almighty. We can deny him, but he will not deny himself. The truth will always be here. The truth is in you and will never leave your.

Location hidden

#981 Nov 16, 2012
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
More True Believer mumbo jumbo. The bible says what it says. No True Christian Secret Decoder Ring makes the inconvenient bits go away or mean something else, no matter how many times you tell yourself that it does.
Hi, the decoder for a Christian, deciple of Christ is the comforter, the Spirit of Truth, which is the Holy Ghost. There is no private interpretation of the word of God, its by the Holy Ghost. All gifts are given to men, if they ask for it in true heart of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, without repentents.

Lexington, KY

#982 Nov 16, 2012
Nope Jephtha is to this considered a hero in all three major Abrahamic faiths because of sacrificing his daughter as a burnt offering to Yahweh. As the bible says your god loves the smell of blood and burning flesh.

Sorry but it's true. Just accept it.
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, what they did in those days are pass and we are forgiven for them and what we do today according to this NT we are accountable for. A Son and Daughter of Spiritual Israelunder his everlasting covenant will not make a vow and or swear on any in heaven and earth. I don't make promises, for then I have to keep them.
I am accountable to every word of God in the NT, not the old. In fact, every man under heaven is accountable to this NT, weather he believes it or not.
In the book of Colossians its written, Chapter 1, verse 23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to EVERY creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
No one will escape the Lord God Almighty. We can deny him, but he will not deny himself. The truth will always be here. The truth is in you and will never leave your.

Location hidden

#983 Nov 16, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Nope Jephtha is to this considered a hero in all three major Abrahamic faiths because of sacrificing his daughter as a burnt offering to Yahweh. As the bible says your god loves the smell of blood and burning flesh.
Sorry but it's true. Just accept it.
<quoted text>
Hi, You have a problem with the Creator of heaven and earth, I do not.

The Lord said, the day will come when they will not love the truth no more and have no faith and deny the divine power. You living proof of his word/ God of great mercy has given all men away back to him, but men deny it today. We have everlasting life in no other name, but the Son of God. God does not lose, but you do. The JUST live by faith without the works of the law. Christ is the only door to get into the kingdom of God. Christians have life in no other name.

What yor trying to proof your better an God of heaven and earth who sent his Son to be the saviour of that world. There is none good and holy, except the Lord God Almighty.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#984 Nov 16, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>But it's OK that the child die, just in case? I am a committed life long, blood donor and today, I donated blood, clean and pure blood.
No possibility of any future illness in it, and you idiots would still let a person die, for lack of it? That is low, inhuman, hate-filled and just plain stupid. Deny a real life a chance because there might be remote possibility of a problem in the future?
How about you idiots stay off the freeways, it's possible you might be in a wreck.
and
How about, no more shoving food down your throat, you might choke.
and
You can't die in a house fire, if you stay out of houses.
Protect yourself, from all possibilities.
You know, when I read it, I had to wonder how leahisadoll came to believe that, "Most of the blood given in transfusions are contaminated... how ever you can chose blood supplements like platelets.
Honestly tranfusions are dangerous, its a plot to get money because humans will do anything to save their own lives." There's no evidence to support her accusation, which is even more delusional than most conspiracy theories. Perhaps she's listening to the rants of some zealot with little medical knowledge and even less common sense. But why would she believe such a nut? I suspect a heavy dose of confirmation bias.

Chicago, IL

#985 Nov 16, 2012
Because she has been brainwashed by the watchtower society cult.
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, when I read it, I had to wonder how leahisadoll came to believe that, "Most of the blood given in transfusions are contaminated... how ever you can chose blood supplements like platelets.
Honestly tranfusions are dangerous, its a plot to get money because humans will do anything to save their own lives." There's no evidence to support her accusation, which is even more delusional than most conspiracy theories. Perhaps she's listening to the rants of some zealot with little medical knowledge and even less common sense. But why would she believe such a nut? I suspect a heavy dose of confirmation bias.

Chicago, IL

#986 Nov 16, 2012
So you are cool with the whole ritual sacrifices to god even including innocent young girls? By the way why didn't Yahweh step in send an angel or a message to Jephtha and save that little girl from a horrible death?

Oh well he must have enjoyed her screams and the smell of her burning flesh.
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, You have a problem with the Creator of heaven and earth, I do not.
The Lord said, the day will come when they will not love the truth no more and have no faith and deny the divine power. You living proof of his word/ God of great mercy has given all men away back to him, but men deny it today. We have everlasting life in no other name, but the Son of God. God does not lose, but you do. The JUST live by faith without the works of the law. Christ is the only door to get into the kingdom of God. Christians have life in no other name.
What yor trying to proof your better an God of heaven and earth who sent his Son to be the saviour of that world. There is none good and holy, except the Lord God Almighty.

Location hidden

#987 Nov 16, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
So you are cool with the whole ritual sacrifices to god even including innocent young girls? By the way why didn't Yahweh step in send an angel or a message to Jephtha and save that little girl from a horrible death?
Oh well he must have enjoyed her screams and the smell of her burning flesh.
<quoted text>
Hi, Jephtha made the vow to God. He could stop himself, but he did not. Look at the King that John the Baptist cut, he did not have to do it, but for his word sake ad not be shame of his men, he carried it out. Why do you keeping cursing God of the living, you can stop it, because your Athesit friends would not like you any more. Your just like Jephtha, you are no different, after you was raised in a gospel church. I'll let drown in your hatred with your other friends. You can not fine no fault with God, he is righteus God, only in yourself.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#988 Nov 16, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes he did. He vowed to God whatever came out of his house first would be offered up as a burnt offering. Later after she mourned her fate Jephtha did as he vowed.
Just accept it.
In fact when you read it in ancient Hebrew the term is the same one used for what Abraham was to do to Isaac. The girl was offered up as a burnt offering and Jephtha was praised for it.
<quoted text>
No she wasn't killed.
Rhe word sacrifice has multiple meanings. The Bible never said she died. All she did was serve God....
His daughter had to serve God that's it.
God views human life as sacred.

GOD LOVES HUMANS. Jepheth didn't kill his daughter she just had to serve in the temples for the rest of her life which is Jephthah was crying.

They didn't have to keep the vow they wanted to.
Just like when God commanded the jews not mix in with the nations.. but they didn't anyway.
Like king Solomon and david

Chicago, IL

#989 Nov 16, 2012
Wait now you are saying Jephtha didn't have to keep his vow to god? Before you said that was important but now not so much?

Why couldn't god in the two months wait come to him in a dream, or send an angel as Jephtha walked her to the alter? Or speak to him saying he had proven himself as he tied his sobbing daughter to the alter? Or make it rain as he lit the kindling to roast her in a burnt sacrifice to Yahweh?

So your cult taught you John the Baptist ran around cutting kings? That would have made him a hard core baptist!

Perhaps next time you could write your lame god is great post in English so we can understand?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Jephtha made the vow to God. He could stop himself, but he did not. Look at the King that John the Baptist cut, he did not have to do it, but for his word sake ad not be shame of his men, he carried it out. Why do you keeping cursing God of the living, you can stop it, because your Athesit friends would not like you any more. Your just like Jephtha, you are no different, after you was raised in a gospel church. I'll let drown in your hatred with your other friends. You can not fine no fault with God, he is righteus God, only in yourself.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#990 Nov 16, 2012
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
No she wasn't killed.
Rhe word sacrifice has multiple meanings. The Bible never said she died. All she did was serve God....
GOD LOVES HUMANS. Jepheth didn't kill his daughter she just had to serve in the temples for the rest of her life which is Jephthah was crying.
Just like when God commanded the jews not mix in with the nations.. but they didn't anyway.
Sense you’re in the old testament show any where that the god of the bible shown any love or bestrode any act of love.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Wichita. Ks.

#991 Nov 16, 2012
God shows no love other than within the KJV of the bible there is only one sentence “for god so loved the world that he begotten his only son” other than that the god of the bible only shows and acts out hate, murder, genocide, rape, intolerance, and many other things that good people of the world do not stand for.

Even the above sentence is one of murder and not productive in any way.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Wichita. Ks.

#992 Nov 16, 2012
OK, I messed that up should have been:

“for god so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son”

Lexington, KY

#993 Nov 16, 2012
How many meanings does burnt offering have? Let's hope she died fast when her father offered her as a burnt offering to Yahweh your god.

Maybe Jephtha slit her throat first so his only daughter would die faster when he offered her up as a burnt offering as he vowed to Yahweh. This is a possibility.
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
No she wasn't killed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 31 min Patrick 735
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 36 min ChristineM 1,039
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 45 min Thinking 228,623
Heaven 56 min Thinking 11
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr Patrick 5,940
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr I can read 22,938
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 5 hr Thinking 155

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE