Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#954 Nov 15, 2012
And how would you know what she is sock puppet?

No wonder you lot are so screwed up. Run from this cult! Run now!

About the scariest thing you could see! This cult celebrated some of their dead children offered up to Jehovah by refusing life saving blood transfusions plastered on the FRONT OF A CHURCH MAGAZINE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Look that's sick. Seriously freak that is effing sick!
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
She's not a witness, u have to be baptized
Just because we read the Bible doesn't make a person a Christian.. We are all just bored and want to defend the Bible ....
Sheesh don't be rude

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#955 Nov 15, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Demonic practices you say? Well I guess you have some explaining to do about Jephtha's daughter eh?
Woohoo Jesus is gonna come to earth and go all Chuck Norris on some sinners! It's only been 2000 years, he must be getting up the nerve! Oy vey Jesus is a shy Jew!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
<quoted text>
Jephthah s daughter? She Wasn' t killed. He gave her as a sacrifice. Meaning she had to serve God exclusively.

The Canaanites and the other narions practiced human sacrifices.

She wasn't killed all she did was server God and she didn't marry.just like jerimiah and jesus. Her father made a vow and he had to keep it.

Just like when you get married.

Why would God do that? That's a false teaching.
Those religious leaders be making up stuff. Just like hellfire? Why would God have satan his enemy punish the wicked? That makes no sense.

Sacrifice means you give up something .. Jephthah just gace his daughter as a sacrifice meaning she served God.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#956 Nov 15, 2012
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
The longest living person in the Bible was mathuselauh he lived 969 years.
In the genesis the only known ppl to serve God befor the flood was enoch,noah and his wife and his sons and their wives
Only 9 ppl in total. Well 10 if you count abel. Every one else didn't care.
You obviously don't care about the Bibles messege,which us for humans to service his judgment against this wicked world.
God doesn't make ppl do bad they do it themselves ... pollution is created by humans,climate change is by humans... war killing etc all by humans
Scientist make biological weapons, bombs,etc political leaders lie,get caught in immoral scandals
I rather believe in God than support this wicked world.
Calling the Bible a myth is an insult. If it weren't for the Bible their would be no government.
No civilization can run without the Bible.
You think atheism can make a better civilization? Lol no.
Athesit don't have moral or ethical concerns for other humans...
Atheist are selfish, end religion and you won't have the red cross,most of the hospitals,
Those big businesses will be free to exploit the poor, the world would be in chaos!
So pump the breaks. The Bible is divine, no other book has surpassed, its oldest and best selling.
Gives humans ethics and propriety.
Perhaps you should sample some cakes baked in accordance with Ezekiel's divine recipe from God.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#957 Nov 15, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all explained here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe 's_law
So that's your opinion doesn't mean its true

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#958 Nov 15, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
You're missing the point. Regardless of the unit of measure, the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter is the irrational constant known as pi, the value of which is 3.14159265359 (approximately). This would hold true whether the unit of measure were miles, meters, yards, feet, or inches. As given, the molten pool's measurements imply a value of exactly 3 for pi. As I said, I attribute the discrepancy to a very rough rounding error. But, as I also said, that still creates a problem for anyone who insists that the Bible is free of error.
I find it amusing to see the lengths some people will go to with their apologetics as they try and explain away this error.

It's strange how these same people have no problem accepting the scriptures that tell us the world was created in six days, yet they can't accept the scriptural ratio for Pi is three.

That's certainly a problem for them.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#959 Nov 15, 2012
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's your opinion doesn't mean its true
You asked what "I call Poe" means and I provided a link to explain it. Why the hostile response?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#960 Nov 15, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
And how would you know what she is sock puppet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bNfvXV0GAIMXX
No wonder you lot are so screwed up. Run from this cult! Run now!
About the scariest thing you could see! This cult celebrated some of their dead children offered up to Jehovah by refusing life saving blood transfusions plastered on the FRONT OF A CHURCH MAGAZINE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch ?
v=64FjlY4oG7w&feature=chan nel&list=UL
Look that's sick. Seriously freak that is effing sick!

<quoted text>
Those are lies.
I'm not going to listen to some ignorant crap like that.

Most of the blood given in transfusions are contaminated... how ever you can chose blood supplements like platelets.

Honestly tranfusions are dangerous, its a plot to get money because humans will do anything to save their own lives.
Organs go for big money and so does blood.

you contradict yourself. Obviously you have to examine both sides of the story.

So many sick ppl use human bodies and sell them to doctors. Those bodies can be contaminated.

Just let it go because clearly you do not know the dark side

“Tis the Season for Reason!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#961 Nov 15, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked what "I call Poe" means and I provided a link to explain it. Why the hostile response?
Indoctrination?

“Tis the Season for Reason!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#962 Nov 15, 2012
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are lies.
But you listen to some ignorant crap called the BuyBull.
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the blood given in transfusions are contaminated... how ever you can chose blood supplements like platelets.
Honestly tranfusions are dangerous, its a plot to get money because humans will do anything to save their own lives.
So many sick ppl use human bodies and sell them to doctors. Those bodies can be contaminated.
Now that's a JWitless for you!
Amused

Maynard, MA

#963 Nov 15, 2012
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about those are not Christian practices those are pegan demonic practices.
There are only 2 human sacrifices mentioned in the Bible.
One is when Yahweh was testing Abraham to see if
he was worthy of caring the promised seed ..
Abraham proved to be faithful and God stopped
Him.
2nd God gave hus own son, his firstborn as
sacrifice for humans because adam sold us to sin ( mistakes )and death so he asked his son to be sent
to earth grow up as a human, teach humans how
to worship him properly and then die for us.
Jesus has to clear his fathers name which has been slandered by satan.God set Jesus as the king of his heavenly .and he is going to destroy earths organization on earth.
Jesus is Going to rule when he destroys this system and gets his ppl back to perfection during tge 1000 year reign Revelation19, 21. After that Jesus is going to hand it over back to his father.
Do you know any rulers today that would die for their. Ppl? No ..
They send ppl to die r them... so I'm with jehivah nd jesus kingdom.
God cares for us...:) you shouldn't be so critical.
Only two human sacrifices?

Explain this passage from Judges:

11:30 And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands,
11:31 Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.
11:32 So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the LORD delivered them into his hands.
11:33 And he smote them from Aroer, even till thou come to Minnith, even twenty cities, and unto the plain of the vineyards, with a very great slaughter. Thus the children of Ammon were subdued before the children of Israel.
11:34 And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter.
11:35 And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the LORD, and I cannot go back.
11:36 And she said unto him, My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth unto the LORD, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth; forasmuch as the LORD hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, even of the children of Ammon.
11:37 And she said unto her father, Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my fellows.
11:38 And he said, Go. And he sent her away for two months: and she went with her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains.
11:39 And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed: and she knew no man. And it was a custom in Israel,
11:40 That the daughters of Israel went yearly to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in a year.
Amused

Maynard, MA

#964 Nov 15, 2012
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
Jephthah s daughter? She Wasn' t killed. He gave her as a sacrifice. Meaning she had to serve God exclusively.
The Canaanites and the other narions practiced human sacrifices.
She wasn't killed all she did was server God and she didn't marry.just like jerimiah and jesus. Her father made a vow and he had to keep it.
Just like when you get married.
Why would God do that? That's a false teaching.
Those religious leaders be making up stuff. Just like hellfire? Why would God have satan his enemy punish the wicked? That makes no sense.
Sacrifice means you give up something .. Jephthah just gace his daughter as a sacrifice meaning she served God.
He gave her as a burnt offering. That's what he promised, and the bible says he kept his promise. If you promise god a burnt carcass and give him a live virgin instead, he won't be happy. As god points out repeatedly in the old testament, there's nothing he likes more than the smell of burnt flesh. Kinda like Col. Kilgore in Apocalypse now. He and Jepthat both thought it smelled like victory.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#965 Nov 15, 2012
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are lies.
You are seriously deranged.

Lexington, KY

#966 Nov 15, 2012
Look at that cover of the watchtower! Celebrating children who gave their life to your cult god Jehovah by refusing blood. Yes photos of DEAD FCKING CHILDREN!

Sorry but the sheer cold heartedness of doing that disgusts me beyond words. You have been brainwashed Leah that's why you are unable to see this. Get help and run from this cult.
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are lies.

Lexington, KY

#967 Nov 15, 2012
Exactly Jephtha promised her as a BURNT offering to God and he kept his promise.
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
He gave her as a burnt offering. That's what he promised, and the bible says he kept his promise. If you promise god a burnt carcass and give him a live virgin instead, he won't be happy. As god points out repeatedly in the old testament, there's nothing he likes more than the smell of burnt flesh. Kinda like Col. Kilgore in Apocalypse now. He and Jepthat both thought it smelled like victory.

Location hidden

#968 Nov 15, 2012
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Only two human sacrifices?
Explain this passage from Judges:
11:30 And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands,
11:31 Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.
11:32 So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the LORD delivered them into his hands.
11:33 And he smote them from Aroer, even till thou come to Minnith, even twenty cities, and unto the plain of the vineyards, with a very great slaughter. Thus the children of Ammon were subdued before the children of Israel.
11:34 And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter.
11:35 And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the LORD, and I cannot go back.
11:36 And she said unto him, My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth unto the LORD, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth; forasmuch as the LORD hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, even of the children of Ammon.
11:37 And she said unto her father, Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my fellows.
11:38 And he said, Go. And he sent her away for two months: and she went with her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains.
11:39 And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed: and she knew no man. And it was a
custom in Israel,
11:40 That the daughters of Israel went yearly to
lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite
four days in a year.
She had to serve God exclusively. She wasn't killed.
Her father was sad because he gave her life. Women in those days lived for marriage and children.

So you need a modern English bible.. no one even talks like that anymore. That's why so many ppl are confused.

King james had the Bible translated so he could understand it... king james was gay and he killed his mother. He just wanted to read the Bible so he could understand it.

Lexington, KY

#969 Nov 15, 2012
Regardless of what version of the bible you use he promises God a burnt offering and regardless of what version you use it says he kept that promise.

Human sacrifice to your god a burnt offering of a screaming little girl. Accept it your apologetic nonsense cuts no ice.
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
She had to serve God exclusively. She wasn't killed.
Her father was sad because he gave her life. Women in those days lived for marriage and children.
So you need a modern English bible.. no one even talks like that anymore. That's why so many ppl are confused.
King james had the Bible translated so he could understand it... king james was gay and he killed his mother. He just wanted to read the Bible so he could understand it.

Location hidden

#970 Nov 15, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Regardless of what version of the bible you use he promises God a burnt offering and regardless of what version you use it says he kept that promise.
Human sacrifice to your god a burnt offering of a screaming little girl. Accept it your apologetic nonsense cuts no ice.
<quoted text>
No he didn't sacrifice her. That's folly. Only people of pegan religions do human sacrifices...

Judges never said she died. So please you're just making stuff up.

Its fine if your atheist but don't lie or make stuff up about the Bible. Because clearly you don't understand the Scriptures ...

Why would a loving god let imperfect humans suffer in hellfire? Sounds stupid because its not true.

God loves humans to much...

You just like Bible because you have been lied to.... the pegans sacrificed their children to their gods. Where do you think abortions come from.

The fact that you think God would have jepheth would kill his daughter is why the Bible calss false religion Babylon the great .. meaning great confused ..

You're confused... you just don't like the Bible . So whatever false story you hear about it you'll believe it.

The truth is you never believed their was a god.

The Bible speaks of ppl who liked to get their ears tickled. The Bible for whatever reason is something you don't want to hear. So don't make suppositions about things you don't know.

What is the Bible' s theme? What is its purpose?
Just because you read it and went to church doesn't mean u understand it.

The Bible is innocent, its the teaching of men that have been false.

Lexington, KY

#971 Nov 15, 2012
Yes he did. He vowed to God whatever came out of his house first would be offered up as a burnt offering. Later after she mourned her fate Jephtha did as he vowed.

Just accept it.

In fact when you read it in ancient Hebrew the term is the same one used for what Abraham was to do to Isaac. The girl was offered up as a burnt offering and Jephtha was praised for it.
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
No he didn't sacrifice her. That's folly. Only people of pegan religions do human sacrifices...
Judges never said she died. So please you're just making stuff up.
Its fine if your atheist but don't lie or make stuff up about the Bible. Because clearly you don't understand the Scriptures ...
Why would a loving god let imperfect humans suffer in hellfire? Sounds stupid because its not true.
God loves humans to much...
You just like Bible because you have been lied to.... the pegans sacrificed their children to their gods. Where do you think abortions come from.
The fact that you think God would have jepheth would kill his daughter is why the Bible calss false religion Babylon the great .. meaning great confused ..
You're confused... you just don't like the Bible . So whatever false story you hear about it you'll believe it.
The truth is you never believed their was a god.
The Bible speaks of ppl who liked to get their ears tickled. The Bible for whatever reason is something you don't want to hear. So don't make suppositions about things you don't know.
What is the Bible' s theme? What is its purpose?
Just because you read it and went to church doesn't mean u understand it.
The Bible is innocent, its the teaching of men that have been false.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#972 Nov 15, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok on one hand you have the biblical flood.
On the other you have over 370 whales being buried in pure diatoms.
The flood talks about the fountains of the deep bursting forth. That's HOT water. Hot water kills Diatoms and whales, then according to the flood the lands split apart ( slid on their tectonic plates ) heaving up mountains and creating deep valleys in the oceans.
All this land movement and water flow age (eddies) would explain large deposits of diatoms that buried the whales.
But if course you knew this was the explanation. Just playing along in your little game.
Oh and please excuse the very short explanation. No need explaining all those details that you already know about.
Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.[Note 1][1] People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bia...

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#973 Nov 15, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha! Gotcha! You have no clue, so you stomp your feet. Go back to the porch and play with puppies. You ain't ready to play with the big dogs!
You damned fool, you got nothing. It is irrelevant, the buybull and all those little niggling details which do not add up are irrelevant. They are totally meaningless, as in they are "nothing".

Exactly like this >> how many times has the letter "A" been used by an atheist, to mock Christainity? See the question, and any answer are just meaningless. Who cares, and how could it possibly matter?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 42 min Eagle 12 2,407
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Joe fortuna 232,877
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 6 hr _Bad Company 23,198
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 10 hr Pahu 33
God' existence 10 hr Carchar king 63
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 10 hr Carchar king 138
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 17 hr Crazy Mess 1
More from around the web