Noah's flood real

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4919 Nov 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
No proof, its all made up by your cult in order to get more members.
We're tired of religious lies. You need to provide evidence instead of "jesus said this and jesus said that"
Actually there Iis proof of divine intervention ,Daniel for told the fall of Babylon before it happened. This event was also recorded in Cyrus the kings hieroglyphs.

You could actually see the hieroglyphs for yourself its traveling to several museums around the world.

Also the bible compares Babylon the empire with of false religion in which it too will be completely destroyed.

This is going to happen.
Their has been so much evidence.

Many of the genocides around the world were caused because of false teaching s of religion and the early teachings of evolution.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4920 Nov 3, 2013
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there Iis proof of divine intervention ,Daniel for told the fall of Babylon before it happened. This event was also recorded in Cyrus the kings hieroglyphs.
Nope and nope-- you cannot use the bible to "prove" the bible is not fake.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4921 Nov 3, 2013
leahisadoll wrote:
You could actually see the hieroglyphs for yourself its traveling to several museums around the world.
Which are much ***older** than your book of Daniel.

It is not a "prophecy" if it is written **after** the alleged events.

Location hidden

#4922 Nov 3, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Which are much ***older** than your book of Daniel.
It is not a "prophecy" if it is written **after** the alleged events.
It is prophecy if he fortold the event before it happened.

Babylon was taken over very quickly.

The bible is credible .
The bible shows human history and relates real human behaviours.
The very writers of the bibles wrote it at different times at different places around the world.

The prophecies fortold about our day are to vivid for me not believe.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4923 Nov 3, 2013
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
Babylon was taken over very quickly.
But. The book of Daniel is not as old as the alleged events.

Period.

So there you go! Not a "prophecy".... not even very good history.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4924 Nov 4, 2013
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
Also the bible compares Babylon the empire with of false religion in which it too will be completely destroyed.
This is going to happen.
Their has been so much evidence.
Many of the genocides around the world were caused because of false teaching s of religion and the early teachings of evolution.
Evolution is a fact you can check in 5min with your doctor.

Its because you cowards can't prove your god, that you try to change the subject away from it, and try to involve atheists in disproving your specific myths and stories.

This is a tactic used by creationist cult members to take the focus away from the main lie - no proof of god.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4926 Nov 12, 2013
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
Which he didn't. The Book of Daniel was written well after those events.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#4927 Sep 21, 2014
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
It does have evidence.
matthew 24 described jerusalems seige by the romans and which jesus said said that jerusalem would be destroyed. The romans did in fact destroy jerusalem.
babylon was a real city,nebuchnezzar did catch a disease in which he started to behave in an animal like manner.
Everywhere and every tribe and nation has a story a bout the flood... That can only mean that all of our ancestors were all together at one time.
The evidence of language originates from small family groups. Language is too complex and is always changing.
Evidence of a flood seems to find itself into the tales of many peoples.

The Genesis flood narrative is one of a number of similar flood myths. Many scholars believe that the Noah story and the Biblical Flood story are derived from the Mesopotamian versions, predominantly because Biblical mythology that is today found in Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Mandeanism shares overlapping consistency with far older written Mesopotamian stories of The Great Flood, and that some of the early Hebrews were believed to have lived in Mesopotamia, for example during the Babylonian captivity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_flood_na...
thetruth

London, UK

#4928 Sep 21, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence of a flood seems to find itself into the tales of many peoples.
The Genesis flood narrative is one of a number of similar flood myths. Many scholars believe that the Noah story and the Biblical Flood story are derived from the Mesopotamian versions, predominantly because Biblical mythology that is today found in Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Mandeanism shares overlapping consistency with far older written Mesopotamian stories of The Great Flood, and that some of the early Hebrews were believed to have lived in Mesopotamia, for example during the Babylonian captivity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_flood_na...
"Known Creationist Liar Tries To Lie Again And Presents No Physical Evidence. Again."
Patrick n Angela

United States

#4929 Sep 21, 2014
thetruth wrote:
<quoted text>
"Known Creationist Liar Tries To Lie Again And Presents No Physical Evidence. Again."
Outside of spamming threads, do you date, have a life, meet with friends ?
...just wondering
-Angela
Patrick n Angela

United States

#4930 Sep 21, 2014
KJV wrote:
"The evidence for the flood is so overwhelming that I can’t possibly scratch the surface in this study. Instead of going through a long explanation of the flood, I am going to address 5 commonly asked skeptical questions and then conclude with what we observe scientifically and follow up with a possible scenario. We can never go back and see what actually happened, we can only piece together bits of this puzzle and conclude what we believe is the most plausible explanation. Both the biblical account and the evolutionary account take faith to believe. My hope is that when you look at the obvious evidence, you will conclude that it takes more faith to hold on to skeptical beliefs than it does to believe the Bible. With this in mind, let’s look at 5 common flood questions."
http://www.exchangedlife.com/2012/10/19/the-f...
May be, in fact, a bit less than overwhelming..... alas does make a good story
-Angela. wishing you well
Patrick

United States

#4931 Sep 21, 2014
At any rate, I am convinced that God does not play dice.
Albert Einstein ....... In a letter to Max Born, 1926
CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#4932 Sep 22, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Einstein quotes:

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." ~Albert Einstein

"Thus I came...to a deep religiosity, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of 12. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached a conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true.... Suspicion against every kind of authority grew out of this experience...an attitude which has never left me." ~Albert Einstein

"I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it." ~Albert Einstein

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism." ~Albert Einstein

It has not done so up to now. I cannot imagine a god who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are molded after our own - a god who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither do I believe that the individual survives the death of his body. I am convinced that some activities by (Roman) Catholic organizations are dangerous. I mention here the fight against birth control as a time when overpopulation has become a serious threat to health and to any attempt to organize peace on this planet.
~ Albert Einstein

- Albert Einstein, Out Of My Later Years:
"One strength of the Communist system ...is that it has some of the characteristics of a religion and inspires the emotions of a religion."

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
~Albert Einstein

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He
has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would
suffice."
- < http://www.famousquotesabout.com/by/Albert-Ei... ;
Patrick

United States

#4933 Sep 22, 2014
Einstein's views about religious belief have been collected from interviews and original writings.
He called himself an agnostic, while disassociating himself from the label atheist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein

Good Morning my friend
CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#4934 Sep 22, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Einstein's views about religious belief have been collected from interviews and original writings.
He called himself an agnostic, while disassociating himself from the label atheist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein
Good Morning my friend
I define myself Patrick as:
Irreligious, humanist, secularist and gnostic.

But topics doesn't have any of these forums do they?

Theists are accused of using "Circular logic " which of course they do! e.g. " The Bible told me so"

The Bible is not evidence it is hearsay, hundreds of years, after the alleged event.

Nonbelievers by whatever name... do the same thing.

Begin Circular Loop
Atheist - "gods do not exist "
Agnostic - "maybe gods do exist"
GoTo Begin Circular Loop

Q: Why are men are like coffee?
A: The best ones are rich, hot, and can keep you up all night!
Patrick

United States

#4935 Sep 23, 2014
Noah seems to have had better luck than the Titanic?

Location hidden

#4936 Dec 12, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope and nope-- you cannot use the bible to "prove" the bible is not fake.
Literally every civilization has story about the flood because it happened.
Richardfs

Westmead, Australia

#4937 Dec 12, 2014
Patrick wrote:
And in relation to what he was talking was later to be shown WRONG.
Richardfs

Westmead, Australia

#4938 Dec 12, 2014
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
Literally every civilization has story about the flood because it happened.
Stories are just that stories not facts.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#4939 Dec 13, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Noah seems to have had better luck than the Titanic?
Yet the Titanic had many times as many Yehweh/Allah/Jehovah believers .... go figure. Though that would be the way that loon god would do it, huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 247,290
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr Eagle 12 12,543
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... 4 hr Shizle 55
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 4 hr Amused 5
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 5 hr -Stray Dog 47,776
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 18 hr thetruth 19
Proof of God for the Atheist 18 hr thetruth 100
More from around the web