“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#4659 Aug 24, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
<quoted text>
None were written on stone and kept. God made a list and Moses broke it. After that god said I will not alwayse stife with man for I will destroy him. We are still here cause god split.
Really?

You are the one that claims to read and know the bible.

Exodus 34

34:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.

There are no ten commandments, but there are 14 commandments.
You might want to read the bible instead of just looking at the pictures.

Does your arrogance seem a little humbling?

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Wichita. Ks.

#4661 Aug 24, 2013
Deuteronomy 10:5

The commandments placed in the ark of the covenant.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Wichita. Ks.

#4664 Aug 24, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
I do look forward to his comeback tho.
Will probably be that I took it out of context. Or he will prey for me. Not a type o by the way.
Pray for you Hell no. I am not pagan.

Who would I pray to?
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
Bring it on this is fun.
I won't get mad if you stump me. I didn't ask to cause a stumbling block. I asked to show.
No I have been stumped a lot. It is the nature of the bible and religion. Both contradict.

Exodus states that the commandments were destroyed, but then latter on re-written again but not the same as previous. It does not make a clear account of the second writing, but list 14 commandments to live by.

By the way about everything in the bible can and is taken out of context being that there is no logical context to the bible. It is written so man can make what he wants out of it. This way man can have power over others that believe it.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Wichita. Ks.

#4665 Aug 24, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong asss wipe back up to 32:33;35
And the old text tells god made the first and Moses made the second.
I will visit there sins upon them. Aka the new commandments. Aka punishment. Try again
So are you saying that Exodus 34:1 does not exist in the bible?

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Wichita. Ks.

#4668 Aug 24, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah let him lick his wounds at least he is admitting he overstepped his boundaries.
God made the first and man made the second and the first says make no image of god. Those stones were made by the hands of man.
No I don't know the bible in it all.
But yes I do read it.
And I know the Christian cult teaching.
So critical this is for you. And not as a stumbling block.
What is the first form of worship mentioned in the bible.
Say sun worship and I will cyber slap the data out of you.
No where did I state that god wrote the words(as I do not believe that) I only stated that the first is not what the second is. Man wrote the bible.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Wichita. Ks.

#4669 Aug 24, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
Oops got things mixed up on the names. No I am not saying it don't. I am saying the picture is much bigger. The second tabs man made. That was atonement aka punishment.
What did the first say. Who knows. Probably something like clean your bong once every 3000 tokes.
I don't know.
But what I do know is that god made the first. As for the second well he'll that is just a list of things god broke.
Yes god broke all of those commandment.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not a god thumper or a basher.
I just like the story's.
If this was about another book that I know I would still insist it be referred to properly.
And it pisses me off to try and descuss the book and someone try and push there beliefs off.
So by all means continue. You did well.
But I fell down that same hole you asked me about till I sat down and read it myself.
That question you asked is a Christian cult teaching.
Dude or chick. If you read it then by all means chat away. But refrain from the Christian hogwash.
Cool?
By the way I am in no way christian let alone religious. I am a non-deist or atheist how ever you want to say it.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4671 Aug 24, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
<quoted text>Christians are just as bad.
Can be, you bet!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4672 Aug 24, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Can be, you bet!
And you are a Shining Ambasador for Genuine Christian Hate™.

Exactly as your Jesus would have wanted--wait.

What?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4674 Aug 25, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I they are mental.
The pride of atheism.
The idiot creationist with no proof of god is trying to say something.

Nevermind.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4676 Aug 25, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
<quoted text>
I say let them have there imaginary friend.
But they fkup and start slinging scriptures they better know there book
Their imaginary friend is fine. Its their imaginary world which they wish to capture us in that I'm worried about - the willful mental illness that suspends rationality.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4678 Aug 25, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
<quoted text>
What the fk u babbling about. Your jumping up him. Wrong jump up on me. He was just responding I'm the one that said Christians are just as bad as atheist. So hub big ugly on me. Boy get ready to fall.
Wantvto talk about what Jesus said.
K let's party.
They (Christians) will come in my name ( Jesus Christ) and confound the teaching. Aka you know who.
Now jump back jack.
I am the definition of cold
WTF?

Are you insane or just incapable of using a keyboard?

Your indecipherable gibberish above does not parse into English, let alone a meaningful message.

Sorry, but you seriously need to buy a clue.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4680 Aug 25, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
<quoted text>
iPhone fucktard
Yes-- I agree,**anyone** who uses an iPhone is a fucktard.

What's your point?

Location hidden

#4681 Aug 25, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>The idiot creationist with no proof of god is trying to say something.

Nevermind.
who="-Skeptic-"Goodb ye everyone. I hope you all find yourselves out there whatever you are looking for. I will however be taking retirement.

There's no such thing as god, there never has and there never will be.

I am changing the password to my account so will not be using it anymore, but it will still be there, preserving all the conversation.

If you want to contact me, you can leave your email in this thread.

Bye!

Location hidden

#4682 Aug 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>WTF?

Are you insane or just incapable of using a keyboard?

Your indecipherable gibberish above does not parse into English, let alone a meaningful message.

Sorry, but you seriously need to buy a clue.
Ditto

Location hidden

#4683 Aug 25, 2013
"The evidence for the flood is so overwhelming that I can't possibly scratch the surface in this study. Instead of going through a long explanation of the flood, I am going to address 5 commonly asked skeptical questions and then conclude with what we observe scientifically and follow up with a possible scenario. We can never go back and see what actually happened, we can only piece together bits of this puzzle and conclude what we believe is the most plausible explanation. Both the biblical account and the evolutionary account take faith to believe. My hope is that when you look at the obvious evidence, you will conclude that it takes more faith to hold on to skeptical beliefs than it does to believe the Bible. With this in mind, let's look at 5 common flood questions."

http://www.exchangedlife.com/2012/10/19/the-f...

Location hidden

#4684 Aug 25, 2013
http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scien...

"A "Whale" of a Fossil:
Or should we say "a fossil of a whale? It's true, but what is most interesting about it is how it was buried. In 1976, workers from the Dicalite division of Grefco inc. found the remains of a baleen whale entombed vertically in a diatomaceous earth quarry.

"They've found fossils there before; in fact the machinery operators have learned a good deal about them and carefully annotate any they find with the name of the collector, the date, and the exact place found. Each discovery is turned over to Lawrence G. Barnes at the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County. The Whale, however, is one of the largest fossils ever collected anywhere...(It) is standing on end.. and is being exposed gradually as the diatomite is mined. Only the head and a small part of the body are visible as yet.
"The modern baleen whale is 80 to 90 feet long and has a head of similar size, indicating that the fossil may be close to 80 feet long. 46,47

More Fossil Whales:

"In bogs covering glacial deposits in Michigan, skeletons of two whales were discovered ... How did they come to Michigan in the post-glacial epoch? Glaciers do not carry whales, and the ice sheet would not have brought them to the middle of a continent... Was there a sea in Michigan after the glacial epoch, only a few thousand years ago?" 48
"Bones of Whale have been found 440 feet above sea level, north of Lake Ontario; a skeleton of another whale was discovered in Vermont, more than 500 feet above sea level; and still another in the Montreal-Quebec area, about 600 feet above sea level..." 48

Marine Fossils In The Mountains:
In Mountains all over the world one can find sea shells and other marine fossils. These include the Sierras, the Swiss Alps, the Himalayas and many more. 49,50,51,52,53 For more on this subject see the following video 54 by Dr. Walter Brown."

Location hidden

#4685 Aug 25, 2013
http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scien...

"For example, regarding turbidites and the impact they are having on modern Geology, Kurt Howard, 41 said the following in his paper on this topic:

My physical geology professor said, "Regarding uniformitarianism, you can take it with a grain of salt." After reviewing geology texts on the subject of turbidites, I am following the courageous professor's advice. To paraphrase his words, I am taking uniformitarianism with a grain of sand, for the philosophy of uniformitarianism states that sedimentary layers form over many millions of years, while ... recent research has shown that turbidites form within a few hours.{1} Emphasis Added

In 1972 Burgert identified several lower basal Tapeats units as turbidites in Grand Canyon's Cheops Bay. Dr. Ariel Roth a geologist at Loma Linda University's Geoscience Institute, suggested that 30% of all sedimentary rocks in Grand Canyon are turbidites. Some geologists suggest that 50% of the world's sedimentary rocks might be turbidites. Emphasis Added

Modern geologists discarded the terms flysch sediments and geosyncline because rapidly formed megathick flysch is incompatible with uniformitarianism and long ages. However, in the last few years, the number of geologists abandoning the classical uniformitarian discipline and adopting the new catastrophism is almost a shock to ... creationists. Geologists are finally beginning to grudgingly agree with ... creationists about the nature of the stratigraphic record, which is a record of major catastrophic events and not the slow year-by-year buildup suggested by uniformitarianism. Flysch deposits might be the sedimentary results of a global flood. The idea of geosynclines is unpopular because most geologists believe in plate tectonics. Emphasis Added"

Location hidden

#4686 Aug 25, 2013
"Bell Found in Coal

In 1944, as a ten year old boy, Newton Anderson dropped a lump of coal and broke it in half in his basement and found that it contained this bell inside. The bituminous coal that was mined near his house in Upshur County West Virginia is supposed to be about 300 million years old! What is a brass bell with an iron clapper doing in coal ascribed to the Carboniferous Period? According to Norm Sharbaugh’s book Ammunition (which includes several “coal anecdotes”) the bell is an antediluvian artifact (made before the Genesis Flood). The Institute for Creation Research had the bell submitted to the lab at the University of Oklahoma. There a nuclear activation analysis revealed that the bell contains an unusual mix of metals, different from any known modern alloy production (including copper, zinc, tin, arsenic, iodine, and selenium)."

http://www.genesispark.org/exhibits/evidence/...

Location hidden

#4687 Aug 25, 2013
http://sensuouscurmudgeon.wordpress.com/2009/...

SORRY, science people evidence for a global Flood keeps piling up. No doubt your sinful, scientific brains are still shaken by our earlier report of research from that venerable creationist website, the Institute for Creation Research (ICR).

You don't remember that report? Your Curmudgeon knows better, but we’ll let you pretend that you missed it. Check it out: Creation Science Proves Noah’s Flood.

And now those tireless creation researchers have done it again! We present to you, dear reader, some excerpts from ICR's latest world-shaking news: Stunning New Evidence of a Higher Ancient Sea Level.

Location hidden

#4688 Aug 25, 2013
"But what caused the massive number of whales to die in the first place, and what caused the rapid burial? Brand and his colleagues postulated that it appears that the diatoms were not only gently settling out of the water column, but were also being advected and redeposited by currents resulting from tides and/or storms. A three-day storm along the Oregon coast formed a modern deposit of diatoms that was 10-15 cm thick and 32 km long (p. 168, emp. added). While scientists continue to speculate about this curious finding, one can only wonder how much more evidence is needed that a global flood once covered the Earth. Could the Flood of Noah's day possibly explain how 346 whales were buried so rapidly and completely in Peru?"

http://www.apologeticspress.org/APContent.asp...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 14 min woodtick57 2,632
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 19 min Morse 180
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Morse 233,227
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 26 min Morse 5,963
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr Morse 23,279
faith & pride 9 hr geezerjock 1
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 12 hr _Bad Company 214
More from around the web