Noah's flood real

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4547 Aug 15, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>As you pointed out, all three are solved by an inflationary stage. This also leaves a record on the background radiation, which has been observed.

And your point is?
Part 5

Or will we?

In this case, the gravitational forces must act upon the furthest light waves and slow them down little by little until...

We can imagine at some point the exact moment when the light waves reach their zenith where their outward force exactly matches the gravitational pull. In other words, light is stopped altogether. I'm sure Einstein would've loved to try to consider what this scenario should be like. Maybe he did. I'm not sure.

The most realistic way around this bizarre scenario is to imagine that the pull is not precise and simply turns the light wave in a large slowing arc until they head back in the other direction.

This case creates a possible scenario where if we place ourselves in the right place at the right time (In the light waves path on their return trip) It would be possible to look forward any observe the universe forming behind us. Of course we couldn't turn around and watch the crunch at the same time since the gravity would presumably pull all tell tale light back into itself. Again, this is a very strange effect to imagine.

In either case it is hard to imagine the situation of a gravity so strong that ALL light photons would eventually be stopped before reversing course or arcing back to the beginning. This is not to say that this can't happen, but on a universe wide scale this would indeed be an interesting phenomenon to work out.

Issue #5: Problem of the edge

Another problem with an expanding universe theory is the presupposition that an edge to the universe must exist.

We have already shown that the empty space ahead of all matter exists in the universe as well, so what is at the edge of the universe? Let's look at it logically.

Let us imagine the edge of all space and time as a barrier of some kind. An impenetrable barrier enclosing all space, both empty and occupied through which matter and time can not pass. The edge of the universe must be something of this nature, right?

Any barrier, no matter what shape, size, composition, thickness, etc. always has two important sides: The side holding the contents and the opposite side, which is furthest away from the contents. Both sides always have a defined edge and therefore something on the other side of each edge. In this theoretical case, one edge touches the universe.

http://www.rubak.com/article.cfm...

Location hidden

#4548 Aug 15, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>As you pointed out, all three are solved by an inflationary stage. This also leaves a record on the background radiation, which has been observed.

And your point is?
Part 6

The simple question that should come to mind then is: What is at the other side of the barrier?

With this basic understanding, we must conclude that anything on the other side of this "barrier", even if it's pure empty space must also be a part of the universe. Even if the other side consists of space/matter that doesn't conform to any law of physics currently known to man, it does still exist, and therefore must be included in the list of "Everything that exists anywhere" and therefore is part of the universe.

This means that any imagined barrier to the universe can not exist.

OK so just for thoroughness let's take away an assumption: Let's assume that the aforementioned "barrier" has no other side. To do this it must be a barrier of infinite thickness. Anything less would create another "side" as mentioned above.

OK so we now have a barrier of unknown composition and infinite thickness enclosing the entire universe.

What's wrong with this picture? Simple: Any barrier, no matter what it's made of, how impenetrable or how thick is still a part of this universe. Even a barrier of a thickness of 10,001,000 googolplex light-years (Trust me that's VERY thick) is still a part of this universe. The fact that we can't analyze it, penetrate it or get any information on its internal composition doesn't mean that isn't a part of the universe.

So if the barrier to the universe is infinite in thickness and since the barrier is part of the universe, the universe is also infinite in size.

If no barrier to the universe exists, then the universe is still infinite in size.

If the outermost edge of the universe is completely empty space then the universe is still infinite in size.

Ultimate conclusion: The universe is infinite in size at all times.

Since this is the case, the big bang becomes not the creation of the universe, but only a major occurrence during its existence.

The birth of a tree
How old would a tree be in the year 2002 if the seed start sprouting back in 1921? The obvious answer is 81 years old.

But how old is the seed? How long did it exist before it started sprouting? How long ago was it on the tree from which it sprouted? How old is the mother tree?

The basic information given can't give us the full picture in terms of multigenerational questions.

If a Big Bang actually occurred, the most likely scenario is that is part of a cycle of explosion, contraction, explosion and contraction ad infinitum. One explosion is simply one generation of an infinite life span. In fact, my guess is that Big Bangs happen in multiple places at different times.

The second purpose of this article is to layout other truths in conjunction with dispelling the theory.

The universe is infinite in size and time
Time had no beginning and will have no end
In other words, the universe is infinite in size, has always existed and will never end.

Why do I believe these concepts? Simply because any other explanation I've found runs into many of the same problems. Mainly: "But what happened before that?"

The funny part is that most opponents to these truths I show usually don't like the concept of an infinitely sized, never-beginning, never-ending universe. Then they try to hurt these arguments with rebuttal theories involving something equally large such as an infinite sized barrier or an infinitely powered deity.

I would like to hear if you have another plausible more logical explanation than a never-ending universe.

Location hidden

#4549 Aug 15, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>But no......***sun***...

Wow.. you are so stupid you don't even know your own idiotic myth!

LOL!

I knew you were a moron-- I had no idea you were THIS MUCH of one!
Yes booby no sun.

And yes I do know that is what the word of God says.

Location hidden

#4550 Aug 15, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>Possible solution to the problem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PHMyyQIVMdIXX
LOL

That was very educational.
Thank you.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4551 Aug 15, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes booby no sun.
100% proof that your god is a low-grade moron.

He was too stupid to realize plants need the sun...!

LMAO!

But a low-grade moron god is highly reflective of it's believer-base...

.... LMAO!

People ***do*** worship gods in their own image after all...!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4554 Aug 16, 2013
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
Well all science is just making a theory based on your observations.
In the book of genesis it skips right to the point where God already created human and starts woth creation of life.
All science is is just observation.
Nope, you're just another idiot with no proof of god who is arrogant & naive enough to challenge science.

Location hidden

#4555 Aug 16, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes booby no sun.
Its a liar with no proof of god.

Why do creationists lie so much? are they really that stupid enough to deny dinosaurs existed? seems so.

There should be state help for this mental illness...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4557 Aug 16, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
I only have to make one response there were giants in those days befor and after the flood sorry you missed.
"giants"?

You mean... like LeBron James or Kobe Bryant?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4558 Aug 16, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
<quoted text>
What was that about no sun. Your post is much to long for iPhone. But both science and bible depict a " no sun" but just as well the bible depicts two suns. As well the science depicts that there was a supernova in our galaxy. And to justify bot they both go against the Christian teaching so go figure.
The bible clearly states it's god was so stupid, he made **plants** before he got around to making the sun which powers them...!!

What a moron the bible's god is--if it were actually REAL, that is.

Fortunately? Bible-god is just another myth, like Thor and Zeus.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4560 Aug 16, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
<quoted text>
K first off all not all plants are dependent on sunlight. Second no there was light before the sun. So to recap the story. The earth already existed in total darkness. Then in absanse of darkness both indeterminable period and at the point where darkness ended and day began was one day. Not a 24 hr period. And keep in mind the deep is not water and water is not liquid H2O. Water is used to define a place that man can not live. Outer space is referred to as water. Don't take my word for it check Hebrew language. There was not water as in H2O in mass volume. The whole of the land was watered by a mist. This mist is a guyser. The H2O is under ground think of a perkalater. The water went by a river out of Eden and broke into 4 heads. Keep in mind the mention of a whale or big fish. This thing is not in H2O it is in the air. The beast we refer to as a wale is only named for this. The whale that ate Jonah is not what we refer to. What ever it is I don't want to see it unless I got spare undies. The reason the lands outside of Eden are mentioned is the reason the Christian cults don't like to talk about it. That reason is explained by. Let US make Man in OUR image. This depicts one god proposing to 4 other gods and each made a race of man. From those is where Cain found his wife. The word used is " knew" and that is used to depict "had a child with" before eve all man was of both sex. Still today it if groined upon to be born this way. I am ashamed of what I have created. Yet Adam strand is the one that god was ashamed off. Adam was told eat of the fruit and die. So either he died or god lied. Find the answer in Ezekiel 16. He did die and another god found him in his own blood and clothed and dressed him. It even gives a lieneage back to Adam. Now what happened to the second sun is the question. Ancient pictographs shown two suns. The RCC proclaimed it to be false. Yet they also proclaimed the earth to be flat and the center of the universe. To say nothing can exist without the sun is fools notion. Deep under ground and in the waters there is life. To think humans are special is even more foolish. After all this so called one true god said I shall not always strife with man for I will destroy him. God so loved the world and we are not the world check the Hebrew terminology for proof. Back to the other sun could that sun be what we refer to as the moon. As we know at one time there was volcanic activity. This could be due to the cooling of the surface and ruptures due to pressure. Could the moon be an example of what our greater sun will look like a few billion years after it burns out. And supernova takes a special mix to happen not all stars go supernova. Throught the bible there are points of reffrence to these story's. are they true? I don't know nor do I care. I just like the story. Right along with my collection of Edger Allen Poe short stories. And origin of species and 12 degrees of sepporation by written by a priest. Can you guess his name???
Dude! Learn to use paragraphs... I so cannot parse your wall-o-words here.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4562 Aug 16, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not for you. And I am glad to know that you couldn't say anything to disprove it but instead rely on childish ploy of no paragraphs. To bad you couldn't add in something more usefull than parse but using wall-o-words was a bit redundant considering the meaning of parse. But thank you all the same
You may or may not have had something useful to contribute.

But that is unknown, due to the uneducated presentation style.

Just as a man showing up for a job interview in shorts, a T-shirt and sandals?

He won't get the job--simply because of poor presentation.

You are what you write, here-- there's no photo, there's no history either.

You are your words.

And so far?

You are coming off as very poorly educated...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4564 Aug 16, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not for you.
Yet...you **replied** to me....!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4567 Aug 17, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
<quoted text>
No I replied to your comment on the topic at hand. Try reading the rules and regulations.
I have-- you apparently have not.
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
The topic at hand was not one you started. However now I am responding to you directly. See this is why you should fallow good wisdom
What is "fallow"... is that even a word? And you didn't place a period at the end of your miss-spelled sentence either.
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
Better to remain silent and let people think you a fool than to speak ( or in this case type ) and remove all doubt.
Indeed. You **are** starting to appear foolish.
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
From your first post on every thread you visit you go out of your way to insult.
Nope... only to idiots, morons and people like...

... you.
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
What! Did you get banned from yahoo answers.
Never-ever been on that-- I don't even know what it is.
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
Yes! I know you from the manner you post. And I remember you from the Christian chat rooms as well.
Never-EVER been in ANY chat room in my life. I abhor them. Too many morons like...

.... you.
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
Tho I know my responding to you is against the controller conduct. I still think it is worth others knowing what you are about.
As if **you** know.
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
How did the molestation charges turn out?
See? You resort to typical Genuine Christhole¬ô insults.

Irony!
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
I take it you got your disability.
Have you moved out of your mothers house yet?
And most of all have you gotten caught up on your child support?
And just how pissed are you right at this moment:)
I'm not pissed at all-- I find you **typical** of the "love" of yet another hategodbot.

Your hate proves to the world you are just another Genuine Christhole¬ô

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4568 Aug 17, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
True-- the bible says it's about a week old, if you take it literally.
But that's not scientific **either**.
<quoted text>
No-- it **literally** means "from sunup to sunset", which varies with the seasons.
So it's actually.... much worse than just 6000 years old.
For one thing? Those idiots couldn't **count** that high...
... they would've said "40 and 40 years" or similar... "40" being to them, "a gazillion"...
... such limited bronze-age morons they were.
No those people were intelligent and closer to perfection...they lived longer before the flood.

They were more concerned about themselves than anything else. The women were all beautiful far more than anyone in our day. Also from genesis account some of Gods angels left heavens to be with the women and join the rebellion with satan ..Gensis 6:1-3

they materilized and married wives which is something unnatural and thry produced hybrid offspring called the nephelims
.they could not die ..

If their mothers were selfish and vain and their fathers were angelic demons
The flood was to kill off the nephilims..

The humans in the earth did not care about God..
They were into what they could get.

the rain rhat came down came from one of the ancient atmosphere above... Which is why we have so carbon on the earth... You find graphite and other ancient minerals scattered all around the earth even sulfur...

The bible said he opened upnthe heavens..the heavens is above the earthly expanse. So the rain is very possible because it came from.up above..

More than likely all the so called fossil fuel is from heavens..

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4571 Aug 17, 2013
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
No those people were intelligent and closer to perfection...they lived longer before the flood.
Sorry-- there was no biblical flood. It DID NOT happen.

Geophysical science has proven this beyond any doubt.

Do deny it-- is to deny reality itself.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4572 Aug 17, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
<quoted text>
The waters came from both above and below dude.
More BS.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4573 Aug 17, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
Bible says I am ashamed of what I created god did not create nephalem unless you are saying Adam and Eve were the angels that took the women. But then you would have to admit that there were other gods making man. And to do that you would have to say the bible is true and Christian teaching is false
"nephlahem" is bs too.

So is the whole concept of "adam and STeve".

Bogus.

By the way-- it **had** to have been STEVE, because Adam was male, and his CLONE would have been male too.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4574 Aug 18, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you're just another idiot with no proof of god who is arrogant & naive enough to challenge science.
there is a God..There is no proof that their is not...

Just because you cant see him does not mean he is not their... The majority of the most dorces in our universe are invisible to the human eye....

radon , air, radiation, etc

the earth was made for life. it is in the perfect position away from the sun....

being human,we have a choice to do what we want....

the genesis account begins with God preparing for life of earth... which means it could have taking billions of years to make the earth...

the genesis account out lines the creation of life but the bible was not a book to explain creation it was made to forwarn us of future events.

as soon aa adam and eve sinned God already fortold what would happened in Genesis 3:15
it fortells jesus being bruised in the heal and satan being abolished.

that thesis tells you what the bible is about ..

you use scripture to intrepret scripture...
ecclecuasties 11:9 brings out thaf humans can do what ever they want but they are accoutable for their actions.

the religions and scientist today have done many bad things we cant see but God can...

They are not getting away with anything...

Location hidden

#4576 Aug 18, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
Bible says I am ashamed of what I created god did not create nephalem unless you are saying Adam and Eve were the angels that took the women. But then you would have to admit that there were other gods making man. And to do that you would have to say the bible is true and Christian teaching is false
Nobody here cares what your cult rag has to say.

At the end of the day you're all pathetic weasely liars with no proof of god who love to change the subject away from backing up any of the religious crap you guys say.

You have no morals and are dishonest, bad people and are not to be trusted.

This is a fact of life.

Location hidden

#4577 Aug 18, 2013
leahisadoll wrote:
<quoted text>
there is a God..There is no proof that their is not...
Just because you cant see him does not mean he is not their... The majority of the most dorces in our universe are invisible to the human eye....
radon , air, radiation, etc
the earth was made for life. it is in the perfect position away from the sun....
being human,we have a choice to do what we want....
the genesis account begins with God preparing for life of earth... which means it could have taking billions of years to make the earth...
the genesis account out lines the creation of life but the bible was not a book to explain creation it was made to forwarn us of future events.
as soon aa adam and eve sinned God already fortold what would happened in Genesis 3:15
it fortells jesus being bruised in the heal and satan being abolished.
that thesis tells you what the bible is about ..
you use scripture to intrepret scripture...
ecclecuasties 11:9 brings out thaf humans can do what ever they want but they are accoutable for their actions.
the religions and scientist today have done many bad things we cant see but God can...
They are not getting away with anything...
Its because you're a coward that you cannot prove your god.

Instead we are subjected to long meandering passges which contain NOTHING of substance whatsoever.

You drag humanity backto the dark ages with your proofless drivel

Why not be brave and confront that which you are scared of?

Why not gain some morals and become and honest decent citizen.

Is lying to every single person you meet about a god that lives in your head any way to live?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 36 min The RED X Sniper 67,713
Where have all the Atheists gone? 2 hr Eagle 12 17
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 28,718
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 4 hr Dogen 3,575
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... 9 hr Eagle 12 12
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? Apr 25 superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Apr 25 superwilly 462
More from around the web