Noah's flood real

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#3992 Jun 1, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
God can and will definitely "terrorize" you. He doesn't have to ask your permission.
Why worship such evil?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#3993 Jun 1, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>Why worship such evil?
So he has an excuse to be cruel to others, that's how he gets off.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Wichita. Ks.

#3994 Jun 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
*sigh*
Nothing but hate from the hategodbots...
You know I really hate to use the word delusional to describe a person of faith, but dollarsbills is treading the edge of it.

It can be hard to keep ones composure when confronted with the hate that this dollarsbills exudes.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Wichita. Ks.

#3995 Jun 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
*sigh*
Nothing but hate from the hategodbots...
Hey are you and yours doing OK after all the rain and storms that went through?

The Moore tornado just missed my family by about half a mile.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Wichita. Ks.

#3996 Jun 1, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I use to be one of them at one time, but I could not bring myself to be blind to the hate that religion demanded on you. The blind obedience, the ignorance to life, the ignorance to others, and the plain absurdity of the writings of the bible and the blind teachings.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#3997 Jun 1, 2013
<quoted text>I use to be one of them at one time, but I could not bring myself to be blind to the hate that religion demanded on you. The blind obedience, the ignorance to life, the ignorance to others, and the plain absurdity of the writings of the bible and the blind teachings.
Same here, I was RC it was very hard to make the break to reality.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3998 Jun 1, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm certain that is the case.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3999 Jun 1, 2013
<quoted text>
You know I really hate to use the word delusional to describe a person of faith, but dollarsbills is treading the edge of it.
It can be hard to keep ones composure when confronted with the hate that this dollarsbills exudes.
Yes-- he acts like he's obsessed or has severe OCD.

Or else he's just a poorly written bit of computer code.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4000 Jun 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Hey are you and yours doing OK after all the rain and storms that went through?
The Moore tornado just missed my family by about half a mile.
Last night's storms turned out to be a tempest in a teapot, for the most part.

A few fatalities-- that's bad, of course-- but mostly nothing but a lot of rain.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4001 Jun 1, 2013
<quoted text>I use to be one of them at one time, but I could not bring myself to be blind to the hate that religion demanded on you. The blind obedience, the ignorance to life, the ignorance to others, and the plain absurdity of the writings of the bible and the blind teachings.
I was once a godbot-- but I never did accept the ugly theology of hellfire-- not really.

It always bothered me that **anyone** might be there--clearly, an infinity of outcome is impossible to balance with a finite set of actions/behaviors.

So even while I was a godbot? I did not accept the basic hell theology-- it did not jibe with the other ideas I was being told of.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4002 Jun 1, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here, I was RC it was very hard to make the break to reality.
It **is** hard to break childhood brainwashing/conditioning.

Which is why I love the internet so much-- it makes available information (nearly) free to anyone who wants it.

And since it's pretty much crowd-sourced?

The internet's overall result is reasonably honest-- goes where the facts lead.

And they lead to atheism, naturally.

:)

So I have hope for future generations of children....
KJV

United States

#4003 Jun 1, 2013
<quoted text>Why worship such evil?
What evil?

Judge!

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

American King James Version
And the LORD God said to the serpent, Because you have done this, you are cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; on your belly shall you go, and dust shall you eat all the days of your life:

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4004 Jun 2, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
What evil?
Judge!
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
American King James Version
And the LORD God said to the serpent, Because you have done this, you are cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; on your belly shall you go, and dust shall you eat all the days of your life:
[/QUOTE]

Mentally ill theist liar-troll with no proof of god.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#4005 Jun 2, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Let's look at your side shall we?
What was there when there was no space, Time, Matter and energy.
Please explain what powered the Big Bang? And where did it come from?
[/QUOTE]Are you quite sure, that is his side of it? I can't find his post saying so, could you provide a link to his post claiming what you say, is actually his stance?

Earth,TX

#4006 Jun 2, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
"having converted 0 atheists to creationism"
My mission "Jim" should I decide to accept it is to drive a clear wedge between Gods children and the goos children.
Septic you need to understand this, it's very important.
I don't what to see slime in heaven with me.
[/QUOTE]That's good because Jesus won't be there, but then neither will you. LOL!

Earth,TX

#4007 Jun 2, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Many new believers have experienced a disappointment about this reality, thinking,“But what if what I want / need is not in God’s will?” But when we think about it, this promise can never disappoint us. First, if what we want is not in God’s will, we really don’t want to receive it, because, though it might seem to be what we want, God knows it isn’t good for us and is faithful and loving to say “no” to that prayer. Second, inherent in the promise is the guarantee that the things we truly need will always be given to us when we ask for them. God will always give us good things. Our job is to understand what is good, so that we know what to ask for. The natural mind does not understand this, but, according to Romans 12:1-2, renewing our minds, which can only be done through His Word, will help us understand what God’s will is. Then, asking in faith, we will have all we need for life and godliness and fullness of joy (John 16:24). This is not intuitive for us, but it teaches us humility, and it draws us near to God, who is the Source of our joy.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/ask-and-you-shall... [/QUOTE]The buybull says "ask and ye shall receive", no qualifiers, no ifs, no and, no buts, just ask and ye shall receive. But it doesn't happen, now does it? Luckily for the easily deluded, the spell casters will happily explain, how it was you who failed, and not the god who didn't mean quite what he said he meant.

Earth,TX

#4008 Jun 2, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Is that a book on evolution?
b - buy
I - into
b - bullshit
u - unprovable
l - ludicrous
l - lies
[/QUOTE]Very good description of the bull that you lot buy into.

The book claims that insects have 4 legs, and they have now clearly evolved into six legged critters.
KJV

United States

#4009 Jun 2, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Is that a book on evolution?
b - buy
I - into
b - bullshit
u - unprovable
l - ludicrous
l - lies
"

Very good description of the bull that you lot buy into.

The book claims that insects have 4 legs, and they have now clearly evolved into six legged critters.
Nope. Boy you're dumb.
KJV

United States

#4011 Jun 2, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
"having converted 0 atheists to creationism"
My mission "Jim" should I decide to accept it is to drive a clear wedge between Gods children and the goos children.
Septic you need to understand this, it's very important.
I don't what to see slime in heaven with me.
"

That's good because Jesus won't be there, but then neither will you. LOL!
Wrong again.

What are you on?
KJV

United States

#4012 Jun 2, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Let's look at your side shall we?
What was there when there was no space, Time, Matter and energy.
Please explain what powered the Big Bang? And where did it come from?
"

Are you quite sure, that is his side of it? I can't find his post saying so, could you provide a link to his post claiming what you say, is actually his stance?
This is the entire post. You will see his other possibility listed.

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying when there was no time there was nothing....Zipville.....elnodd o...goose Egg?
And time started "about" 13.7 billion years ago? Is that right?
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>That is *one* of the possibilities, yes.

Another, as your multiple posts explained, is a Big Bounce according to Loop Quantum Gravity.

Yet another, according to String Theory, is a multiverse with multiple universes.

Which of these possibilities is reality we do not known yet since we don't have the relevant data. Unlike religion, science doesn't get to simply make things up and say they are correct. Instead, we require data and actual evidence to support our conjectures. When several different models fit the available data, we keep all of them on the table until new data shows which is correct or, at least, which is wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Uncle Sam 245,064
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 14 min Paul Porter1 20,659
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" 35 min Thinking 21
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 36 min Thinking 19
John 3:16 1 hr Thinking 94
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 hr Knowledge- 11,006
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 9 hr ChristineW 14,668
More from around the web