Noah's flood real

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#375 Nov 4, 2012
Saint Augustine wrote:
<quoted text>
Step back from your keyboard and read what you wrote.
Apply it to anything other than your religion.
And the result is?
Hi, life in Christ
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Los Angeles, CA

#376 Nov 4, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Acts 1:18 doesn't say it was after; it doesn't even say that Judas hanged himself.

The contradiction stands.

I couldn't help but notice your failure to address the other contradiction I pointed out over who bought the field. Was it the priests or was it Judas?

You're not doing very well here.
No contradiction! Find somewhere it says 24 pieces of silver and you may have something. Next?
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Los Angeles, CA

#377 Nov 4, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, thanks, how true you are. Learned something today.
Hello. Hope you are well.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#378 Nov 4, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, thanks, how true you are. Learned something today.
Actually. Acts 1:18 says that Judas fell headlong into the field.

A dead body hanging by its neck does not fall headlong.

Not unless it does a pike and somersault followed by a double jacknife before commencing its fall.

Watford, UK

#379 Nov 4, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
No contradiction! Find somewhere it says 24 pieces of silver and you may have something. Next?
Of course there's a contradiction or you wouldn't be trying to move the goalposts.

I asked who bought the field, the priests or Judas?

Are you afraid to answer the question?

Matthew 27: 6-7 tells us that the priests purchased the field.

"And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood.

And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in."

Acts 1:18 says it was Judas who purchased the field:

"Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out."

Why is that not a contradiction?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#380 Nov 4, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, life in Christ
Christ is pretend, child.

Location hidden

#381 Nov 4, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there's a contradiction or you wouldn't be trying to move the goalposts.
I asked who bought the field, the priests or Judas?
Are you afraid to answer the question?
Matthew 27: 6-7 tells us that the priests purchased the field.
"And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood.
And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in."
Acts 1:18 says it was Judas who purchased the field:
"Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out."
Why is that not a contradiction?
HI,

Acts 1:18 says it was Judas who purchased the field. Its still his money, they could not put it back in the treasury because he betrayed innocent.

if I die, they will take my money and buy me a grave site. There is no error or contradiction. Its in you. So this is what made you become an atheist.

Watford, UK

#382 Nov 4, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>HI,
Acts 1:18 says it was Judas who purchased the field. Its still his money, they could not put it back in the treasury because he betrayed innocent.
if I die, they will take my money and buy me a grave site. There is no error or contradiction. Its in you. So this is what made you become an atheist.
You're right. Acts 1:18 does indeed say it was Judas who purchased the field.

Ok. Looks like we both agree on Acts 1:18

So....

Check out Matthew 27:6-7

Which say it was the priests (not Judas) who bought the field.

There you go.

The contradiction stands

You're not doing a very good job at dispelling it.

Watford, UK

#383 Nov 4, 2012
LOL

I start with the simplest of biblical contradictions and look at the knots these Christians are twisting themselves into as they try to refute me.

The Bible contains contradictions - Deal with it!

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#384 Nov 4, 2012
Khatru wrote:
LOL
Number One Fiction Best Seller
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Chico, CA

#385 Nov 4, 2012
Khatru wrote:
LOL

I start with the simplest of biblical contradictions and look at the knots these Christians are twisting themselves into as they try to refute me.

You have yet to provide one!

Location hidden

#386 Nov 4, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello. Hope you are well.
Hi, thanks doing well.

Location hidden

#387 Nov 4, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. Acts 1:18 does indeed say it was Judas who purchased the field.
Ok. Looks like we both agree on Acts 1:18
So....
Check out Matthew 27:6-7
Which say it was the priests (not Judas) who bought the field.
There you go.
The contradiction stands
You're not doing a very good job at dispelling it.
Hi, your just like a man that told me years ago, he read the word of God wants. I said, what did you get out of it, he said some drunk wrote it (he refer to book of Acrs 2). I fine out years later, he was raised in a Chrsitian family.

The priest took his money. Its still his money, died or alive. Your making it out to be someting it is not. You have no excuse. So, the question remains, what made you leave Christianity???

Location hidden

#388 Nov 4, 2012
Saint Augustine wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ is pretend, child.
Hi, the only people pretending are those that are claiming to be who they are NOT. Like I said, everyone at the beginning of this new world was a Christian, SO, what made you leave????
KJV

United States

#389 Nov 4, 2012
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, there is zero proof outside of the bible that the Jesus Christ ever was a real person.
That's a lie

Location hidden

#390 Nov 4, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>....Like I said, everyone at the beginning of this new world was a Christian, SO, what made you leave????
You're pretending.

Again.
KJV

United States

#391 Nov 4, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>...which only means average or above. My own parents kept my only IQ score a secret. I've calculated it from scores I do know, but I think it wise to do the same. As I wrote before, intelligence speaks for itself. No boasts of ours or taunts from others can change the levels that we show in our posts.
Like I said he did not state his IQ but the Marines Corp takes enlisted men and makes them offices if they have an IQ of 140 or higher. Doctor Who Two was indeed pulled out and made into an officer he will not tell me what his IQ is as he posted he just claims 3 digits. But I found out about the 140 thing so I know it's at least that high.

http://www.cliffsnotes.com/study_guide/Measur...

IQ's from 120-140 are considered very superior intelligence. You are classed as a genius if you have a IQ of 140 or more, some say 135 or more.

Location hidden

#392 Nov 4, 2012
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Number One Fiction Best Seller
Yup.

Fiction.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#394 Nov 4, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said he did not state his IQ but the Marines Corp takes enlisted men and makes them offices if they have an IQ of 140 or higher. Doctor Who Two was indeed pulled out and made into an officer he will not tell me what his IQ is as he posted he just claims 3 digits. But I found out about the 140 thing so I know it's at least that high.
http://www.cliffsnotes.com/study_guide/Measur...
IQ's from 120-140 are considered very superior intelligence. You are classed as a genius if you have a IQ of 140 or more, some say 135 or more.
There is no IQ test for any branch of the military.

There is the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) which helps narrow down the list of available vocations.

But that's it.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#395 Nov 4, 2012
Saint Augustine wrote:
<quoted text>Take a deep breath, thief, and collect your thoughts.

Then we can discuss the difference between the historical Jesus and the mythical Christ.

K?
I might add that years are now referred to as BCE (before common era) and CE (common era).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 17 min Simon 61,309
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 1 hr Subduction Zone 2,683
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Aura Mytha 28,316
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Fri IB DaMann 5,970
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Wed Eagle 12 452
Deconversion Mar 20 Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
More from around the web