“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3734 May 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Cause?- No
No connection - wrong.
If the universe has an age then there was a beginning and a pre-beginning.
Pre-beginning was when there was no time, no energy, no matter, no space.[/QUOTE]
Look at your own terminology. The prefix 'pre' in pre-beginning implies a time which is before the beginning. Otherwise, why would you call it 'pre-beginning'?
Total void of anything and everything.
And therefore of no causal connection to anything.
At the beginning there was everything.
Perhaps not *everything*. But quite a bit, yes. The earth, for example, didn't form for another 9 billion years or so.

You seem to be having trouble grasping the concept of a time for which there is no previous time. No 'pre'.
Science can't explain how or where everything came from. In short it's back to your magic.
Whenever there was time (and causality), matter and energy existed. So there is no 'everything came from'.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3735 May 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Explain your comment please.
Science has dated the universe at 13.7 billion years old. So it had a beginning.[/QUOTE]
More accurately, there was an earliest time.
If it had a beginning then there was a pre-beginning
Wrong. There was no 'pre-beginning' because time didn't exist before the beginning.
that is when there was nothing. Then the beginning happened and there was everything. Nothing did change to everything. Per the BB theory.
No, we do not have a situation where nothing changes to something. There was no time for which there was nothing. Any time there was time, there was something.

You seem to be thinking of a timeline
pre-beginning....beginning...e tc

But this is a *time*line. THERE WAS NO TIME BEFORE THE BEGINNING>

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3736 May 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
"No thing existed when there was no time."
So where did something and time come from?
[/QUOTE]

Why do you think they 'came from' anything? Time is uncaused, trivially: causes are always *in time*. And whenever there was time, there was matter and energy.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3737 May 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
"Why do you think it 'came from' anything?"
Because it's here. And it wasn't here before.[/QUOTE]

When was it not here?

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3738 May 9, 2013
Do you think this is real?

The mark of the beast - 666

The beast will arrive on the earth in the very near future. When he comes the whole world will be aware of his coming. It will not be a secret. The beast has many names. Among others he is called the anti-christ, the Devil, Satan, 666man, 666devil and the dragon. He will be supremely evil. But there is a catch. He won’t appear to be evil. He will be very deceptive. He will have a supernatural and glorious arrival on earth. He will look like God and will appear to be good. People on earth will react by worshiping him and believing that he is their God.

The beast – the antichrist, the 666man – is not a person. He is the devil himself. But he will come disguised as God.

“And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name.” Revelation 13:1.

Notice that the beast has seven heads and each head has a blasphemous name on it. Blasphemy is claiming to be God when you aren’t God. He will claim to be God even though he is not God. He will give himself seven names that are variations of God’s name.

Have a nice day!:)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3739 May 9, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
Do you think this is real?
The mark of the beast - 666
No.

For starters? The BuyBull "translators" got it all wrong-- the correct number is something like 616 or 617 or belike.

If your idiot-god cannot keep a simple NUMBER straight?

What hope is there for the rest of your idiotic BuyBull?

Hmmmm?
KJV

United States

#3740 May 9, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Cause?- No
No connection - wrong.
If the universe has an age then there was a beginning and a pre-beginning.
Pre-beginning was when there was no time, no energy, no matter, no space."

Look at your own terminology. The prefix 'pre' in pre-beginning implies a time which is before the beginning. Otherwise, why would you call it 'pre-beginning'?

[QUOTE]Total void of anything and everything."

And therefore of no causal connection to anything.

[QUOTE]At the beginning there was everything."

Perhaps not *everything*. But quite a bit, yes. The earth, for example, didn't form for another 9 billion years or so.

You seem to be having trouble grasping the concept of a time for which there is no previous time. No 'pre'.

[QUOTE]Science can't explain how or where everything came from. In short it's back to your magic. "

Whenever there was time (and causality), matter and energy existed. So there is no 'everything came from'.
"

Look at your own terminology. The prefix 'pre' in pre-beginning implies a time which is before the beginning. Otherwise, why would you call it 'pre-beginning'?"

I knew you would go there but I said I'll post it anyways and let him show yet again that he doesn't really know how to deal with the fact that science BB theory only goes back to the start of the universe and they can all just ignore the elephant in the room.
KJV

United States

#3741 May 9, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Explain your comment please.
Science has dated the universe at 13.7 billion years old. So it had a beginning."

More accurately, there was an earliest time.

[QUOTE]If it had a beginning then there was a pre-beginning"

Wrong. There was no 'pre-beginning' because time didn't exist before the beginning.

[QUOTE] that is when there was nothing. Then the beginning happened and there was everything. Nothing did change to everything. Per the BB theory.
"

No, we do not have a situation where nothing changes to something. There was no time for which there was nothing. Any time there was time, there was something.

You seem to be thinking of a timeline
pre-beginning....beginning...e tc

But this is a *time*line. THERE WAS NO TIME BEFORE THE BEGINNING>
"There was no 'pre-beginning' because time didn't exist before the beginning."

You of course can prove that time did not in fact exist before the BB?
KJV

United States

#3742 May 9, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
"No thing existed when there was no time."
So where did something and time come from?
"

Why do you think they 'came from' anything? Time is uncaused, trivially: causes are always *in time*. And whenever there was time, there was matter and energy.
You do have proof of this claim?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3745 May 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
"
Look at your own terminology. The prefix 'pre' in pre-beginning implies a time which is before the beginning. Otherwise, why would you call it 'pre-beginning'?"
I knew you would go there but I said I'll post it anyways and let him show yet again that he doesn't really know how to deal with the fact that science BB theory only goes back to the start of the universe and they can all just ignore the elephant in the room.
[/QUOTE]

Brain damage. There is no getting around this: you have religious brain damage.

So severe, you cannot learn anything.

Pathetic.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3746 May 9, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only been here 13.7 billion years.
Not an infinite amount of years.
But Doc. How can you have 13.7 billion years when the earth is 4.6 billion years old and a year is one lap around the sun by the earth? Oh my!!
Just funnen with you.
Brain damage. There is no getting around this: you have religious brain damage.

So severe, you cannot learn anything.

And no-- I'm not "funnen" with you-- I'm serious.

You actually do not appear capable of learning!

Pathetic.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#3747 May 9, 2013
Bible

B = bullsh!t
I = incredulous
B = blatant
L = ludicrous
E = evil

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3748 May 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
[/QUOTE]

No, but I was assuming we were talking about that specific model, as opposed to the model where there is a previous, contracting universe, or the model where there is a multiverse and many universes. In both of these (quantum) models, some version of time exists before the BB. But in the *basic* BB model (based on general relativity only), time can only be extended to the BB. In *none* of the models is it sensible to talk about 'before time'.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3749 May 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Not an infinite amount of years.[/QUOTE]
Which didn't answer my question. When was it NOT here?
But Doc. How can you have 13.7 billion years when the earth is 4.6 billion years old and a year is one lap around the sun by the earth? Oh my!!
Just funnen with you.
A guy gets pulled over by a cop for speeding. The cop says 'Do you know you were going 100 miles per hour?'. The guy says 'That's impossible, I've only been on the road 15 minutes!'

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3750 May 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
[/QUOTE]

I should point out that the claim that time didn't exist before the universe (whether the universe started at the BB or not) is trivially true because time is *part* of the universe.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3751 May 9, 2013
KJV wrote:
Well, if the universe is all there is, then going back any further is non-sense. Remember that time is *part* of the universe. If you wish to use multiverse theories, then time is part of the multiverse.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3752 May 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
You do have proof of this claim?
[/QUOTE]

Time is part of the geometry of the universe (or multiverse if you prefer those models). If nothing else, there were always quantum fluctuations whenever there was time: hence matter and energy.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3754 May 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Not an infinite amount of years.[/QUOTE]
And if time only goes back 13.7 billion years, then what is the issue?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3755 May 9, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
Bible
B = bullsh!t
I = incredulous
B = blatant
L = ludicrous
E = evil
Nice!

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#3760 May 9, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice!
Yea well my attitude is changing. I am getting damn tired of all the posturing hypocritical asinine religious people. I still believe there are good religious people out there but I have not seen any on the forums here. I have tried to be nice but all they do is become a belligerent ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr Eagle 12 - 79,975
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 14 hr River Tam 32,582
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 21 hr blacklagoon 3 62
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Wed The pope 258,485
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Sep 16 blacklagoon 3 91
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Sep 15 xfrodobagginsx 101
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
More from around the web