Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I accept your defeat.
Would you prefer to surrender on the Missouri instead?
What defeat? The fact that you are incapable of learning. The problem is your's not mine.

You are just another silly little godbot who thinks the bibull actually contains knowledge.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how a complete absents of everything exploded and created everything with out science magic.
Since that isn't what any scientific thoery claims, why should I?

BTW, the word is *absence*.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You did say that when there was no time there was nothing.
Are you back peddling AGAIN?
No, you are simply not grasping my point.

There was no existence at all when there was no time. We not NOT have a situation where 'nothing explodes'. At any *time*, there is matter. Whenever anything exists, there is time and matter. What we find at the beginning of the current expansion, which may be the beginning of time (but may not), is a very hot, dense, expanding universe.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong it took some doing I must admit but Doc (poly) stated that then there was no time that nothing existed. Do you believe in another myth of how the Big Bang happened?
Please elaborate, this should be good.
Once again, the phrase 'when there was no time' is self-contradictory. What I have claimed is that at any point where *anything* exists, time exists.

Time may or may not have a beginng. If it did, it is likely that it was 13.7 billion years ago when the current expansion started. In that case, anything that has existed has existed in the last 13.7 billion years.

When *you* make the statement 'nothing exploded and gave rise to eveyrthing', you imply that there was a time when nothing existed (self-contradictory since time would exist) and that at some later time,an explosion out of that nothing happened which gave rise to everything.

THAT IS NOT THE SCIENTIFIC CLAIM.

The scientific claim is that time, matter, and enery all exist when any of them do. It also claims that *if* time goes only finitely far into the past, then all of existence is since that point in the past and that the universe has *always* been expanding, but was hotter and denser in the past.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain your myth.
Time, matter, energy, space & everything else is 13.7 billion years old.
There is not one thing in our universe older then that. What exploded 13.7 billion years ago and where did it come from.
There was no thing that exploded to produce the Big Bang.
Why did it explode? Where did it come from? How slow was the explosion? And where did it come from?
All meaningless questions. Causality only applies when there is time, which only exists (in this scenraio) from 13.7 billion years ago forward. There was no thing that the universe came from because there was no thing before it. The rate of expansion (how slow did it explode) is determined from the density of matter and energy at any time.

Finally, the Big Bang *was not an explosion*. It is not matter flying through space as a shock wave. It is/was ALL of space expanding with the matter and energy coming along for the ride.
A complete void of everything cannot explode and create everything. It's impossible. It goes against all the laws of physics. Was it magic? Where did it come from?
Nobody claims that a 'complete void exploded'. There was no time when there was a 'complete void'. So you can stop asking this question.

If time began 13.7 billion years ago, then causality also started then. So asking for a cause is illogical.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"There was no time when there was nothing. "
Very good
"Nothing is not a 'thing' that exists. it is not something that has a causal connection to anything. When we say that there was 'nothing' before the Big Bang, we don't mean there was 'something called nothing'."
Hmmm ok so when I say
A complete and total lack of anything, no matter, no energy, no space, no time, "nothing". You somehow think I believe that there was something called
Nothing?
I'm not sure I can make it any clearer.
There was nothing (as in an absent of anything and everything) then there was everything. Two still photo graphs no time involved one shows nothing the other our universe. No magic involved?
Lets hear the scientific explanation on this.
No, there was NOT a still photo with nothing. There are only still photos with things in the universe.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
And then there's bobby you pretends to keep up. LOL
Oh I keep up-- and I see right through you too.

You are a literal laughingstock.

Which proves yet again, your god isn't real-- no god-- no god who is worthy of the name-- would suffer such as YOU. To represent it.
Thinking

Isleworth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Talking donkey bibleshit, preacherman!
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Hole talking manure piles Batman!
Mary Magdalena

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Since that isn't what any scientific thoery claims, why should I?

BTW, the word is *absence*.
Your correct! No one will touch it. Science very conveniently stop their theory short of the impossible. That way they don't have to try and explain what could not have happened, happened to allow their theory to work.

Nothing had to become something for the BB to work.

Nothing did not become something until God spoke it into existence.

Absence
\ˈab-sən(t)s\
noun
1 : the state of being absent
2 : the period of time that one is absent

ab·sent\ˈab-sənt\
adjective
1 : not existing : lacking <danger in a situation where power is absent — M. H. Trytten>

The word is absence?

I was referring to not existing.
Lincoln

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>No, you are simply not grasping my point.

There was no existence at all when there was no time. We not NOT have a situation where 'nothing explodes'. At any *time*, there is matter. Whenever anything exists, there is time and matter. What we find at the beginning of the current expansion, which may be the beginning of time (but may not), is a very hot, dense, expanding universe.
Right, so as soon as time existed so did matter and space and energy and it all started expanding. I've got that.

But where did it come from seeing that it did not always exist? It is after all only 13.7 billion years old. We can count that far back. We can (some of us anyways) can grasp the idea that outside of time there might be something's we don't know about and are unable to test that exist outside of time.
Derek4

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, the phrase 'when there was no time' is self-contradictory. What I have claimed is that at any point where *anything* exists, time exists.

Time may or may not have a beginng. If it did, it is likely that it was 13.7 billion years ago when the current expansion started. In that case, anything that has existed has existed in the last 13.7 billion years.

When *you* make the statement 'nothing exploded and gave rise to eveyrthing', you imply that there was a time when nothing existed (self-contradictory since time would exist) and that at some later time,an explosion out of that nothing happened which gave rise to everything.

THAT IS NOT THE SCIENTIFIC CLAIM.

The scientific claim is that time, matter, and enery all exist when any of them do. It also claims that *if* time goes only finitely far into the past, then all of existence is since that point in the past and that the universe has *always* been expanding, but was hotter and denser in the past.
"Once again, the phrase 'when there was no time' is self-contradictory. What I have claimed is that at any point where *anything* exists, time exists."

Was there time other then the last 13.7 billion years? Really? Where was it?
Why don't we count that time with the 13.7 billion years?
Dave Nelson

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>There was no thing that exploded to produce the Big Bang.

[QUOTE] Why did it explode? Where did it come from? How slow was the explosion? And where did it come from?"

All meaningless questions. Causality only applies when there is time, which only exists (in this scenraio) from 13.7 billion years ago forward. There was no thing that the universe came from because there was no thing before it. The rate of expansion (how slow did it explode) is determined from the density of matter and energy at any time.

Finally, the Big Bang *was not an explosion*. It is not matter flying through space as a shock wave. It is/was ALL of space expanding with the matter and energy coming along for the ride.

[QUOTE]A complete void of everything cannot explode and create everything. It's impossible. It goes against all the laws of physics. Was it magic? Where did it come from?
"

Nobody claims that a 'complete void exploded'. There was no time when there was a 'complete void'. So you can stop asking this question.

If time began 13.7 billion years ago, then causality also started then. So asking for a cause is illogical.
Don't like answering questions? To just dance around it. Point..... there was a beginning there for there was a pre-beginning.

Dave's theory of Pre-Time.
There was not a time before time but there was nothing when there was no time.

It's about time you admit this much.
Buck Cricket

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>No, there was NOT a still photo with nothing. There are only still photos with things in the universe.
Do you know what a metaphor is?

Didn't figure on stumping with something so simple.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Did I get them all in Liberty?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

SPAM reported.

ABUSE reported.

Bu-bye.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The god you worship?
Is a monster.
Good thing your god is also myth.
A monster ? How ? If you read the bible ,the whole theme of the bible has been same. He wants humans to enjoy a good life forever.
But before that he has to prove satan a liar.

He has been doing and he proved it and thats why we are in the last days 2 tim 3:1-5 .
Satan challanged God s right to rule.

God is not a monster , he is going to ressurect both the righteous and unrighteous so that they will have chance to make their choice like we are doing today rev 21:3,4

If he was monster he would have detroyed adam and eve as soon as they ate fruit,also he would destroyed satan and his angels and destroyed the earth and heavens.

He did not do that .

We are living in the last days, God sent his first son to save humans. God does not want anyone to be destroyed and he is waiting for his time to act.

All the badness that humans are auffering are from satan. Violence,immorality,spiritism, idol worship sexual depravity etc comes from satan and his demons.

They know they have a short time.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
A monster ? How ? If you read the bible ,the whole theme of the bible has been same. He wants humans to enjoy a good life forever.
Lie.

I have read the descriptions of this... "heaven".

It will be a HORRIBLE place to be.

Seriously-- BORING too.

There will be NO SEX in heaven-- the bible specifically says so.

There will be NO GAMES in heaven-- to have a GAME? You have to have a winner and a loser-- and no losers in heaven, so NO GAMES.

There will be NO SPORTS in heaven--see above.

There will be NO EATING in heaven-- if you eat? Eventually, you will have to sh7t-- and there will be NO sh7t in heaven-- NO FOOD either.

There will be NO DRINKING in heaven-- if you drink? Eventually, you will have to p7ss. NO P7SSING in heaven.. no drinking either.

There will be NO RUNNING in heaven-- see above.

All that there WILL be?

Will be ego-stroking of the god of heaven-- for the bible specifically states that ONLY HOSANNAS (ego-stroking of god) will be allowed in heaven.

So?

No REAL music in heaven.

Your "heaven"?

Sounds exactly like.... hell.
kohutmab

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

youtube.com/watch... Can you imagine that? I never believe it

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

[QUOTE who="Buck Cricket
"]<quoted text>
Do you know what a metaphor is?
Didn't figure on stumping with something so simple.[/QUOTE]

What does it mean to have a snapshot of 'nothing'? No space, no time, no matter, no energy, no thing.

And if time has nothing to do with it, why do you think it was the cause? Couldn't it simply be 'nothing' with no connection to the universe whatsoever?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

[QUOTE who="Dave Nelson
"]<quoted text>
Don't like answering questions? To just dance around it. Point..... there was a beginning there for there was a pre-beginning.[/QUOTE]
False.
Dave's theory of Pre-Time.
There was not a time before time but there was nothing when there was no time.
It's about time you admit this much.
No thing existed when there was no time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 28 min Electrical Engineer 842
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Thinking 252
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 1 hr Carchar king 23
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 1 hr Thinking 396
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Thinking 21,402
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Buck Crick 224,543
What does "Atheism" mean? 8 hr Buck Crick 37
•••
•••