Comments
3,381 - 3,400 of 4,507 Comments Last updated Nov 12, 2013
KJV

United States

#3634 May 5, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, well, well. Did you happen to notice that the *newest* of your references was from 1992? Did you stop to consider why that might be?
Because that's when it was wrote?
KJV

United States

#3635 May 5, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>Not to mention it's an editorial piece.
Oh my!
KJV

United States

#3636 May 5, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>1. Evolution has nothing to do with Big Bang
2. Cobe proved Bang Bang correct.
Oh so now the Big Bang has been proven?

Bawhahaahaaha.

Get real!
KJV

United States

#3637 May 5, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>OK, let's take these lies one by one.
[QUOTE](1) The Big Bang is not the only scientific theory on the origins of the universe. The Steady State and Plasma theories are both supported by many scientists who do not accept the Big Bang theory. These theories propose alternative explanations for the 'proofs' of the Big Bang theory. The Big Bang theory cannot therefore be regarded as a fact. Eric Lerner "The Big Bang Never Happened", Times Books: New York, 1992 p:295"

The problem here is that neither one is able to account for the background radiation and its characteristics. For the last 10 years or so, we have been making precision measurements of that background radiation and it fully supports not just the basic Big bang theory, but the extension to the inflationary stage. While there were a great many things about the universe that were unknown in 1992, such as the age, rate of expansion, density, and composition of the universe, those question have been answered with astounding precision. In 1992, for example, the age of the universe was very uncertain: somewhere between 10 and 20 billion years was the standard range. Now, because of our understanding of the background radiation, that age has been narrowed down to 13.7 billion years.
[QUOTE](2) The Big Bang theory requires the input of a tremendous amount of energy at the very beginning. No proof or explanation of the source of this energy has so far been forth coming. Eric Lerner "The Big Bang
Never Happened", Times Books: New York, 1992 p:295"

This is actually a lie. In the basic Big bang scenario, there simply *is* no time before the Big bang, so no influx of energy.
[QUOTE](3) "..... the fact of galaxies moving apart can be explained by many other states of matter and energy than a primeval atom that exploded. For that matter, the alleged explosion produces radiation and high-speed elementary particles, not galaxies. Galaxies moving apart have nothing whatever to do with
the expanding motion of debris from an explosion." Astrophysicist Dr. Harold Slusher contending that the expanding universe is not a result of the 'big bang'. Quoted by Harold S. Slusher in his book, "The Origin of the Universe" (revised ed.), Institute of Creation Research: El Cajon (California), 1980 p:24"

Instead of matter moving through space, the Big Bang is an expansion of space itself. Furthermore, not long after this quote, the radiation from the early universe was discovered. The steady State theory was thereby disproven.
[QUOTE](4) New findings in the realm of optics and plasma physics has thrown doubt on the Big Bang theory, indicating that the origin of the universe is purely a hypothesis, and not a fact. A Yale University physicist is quoted as saying, "There are a lot of fundamental assumptions we base our model [of the Big Bang] on that may be wrong". Scientific American, September, 1987 p:18-20"

In 1987, given what we knew at that time, there was much that *could* have been in doubt. Since that time, the evidence has substantiated the Big Bang with inflation scenario dramatically.
"This is actually a lie. In the basic Big bang scenario, there simply *is* no time before the Big bang, so no influx of energy."

Time is 13.7 billion years old. What was there when time did not exist?
KJV

United States

#3638 May 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>The Theory of Evolution says nothing cosmology.

Why do you lie when you know that ALL liars are going to burn in the lake of fire?

I guess you don't believe what the Biblesays either.

Welcome to the club.
"The Theory of Evolution says nothing cosmology."

"The Big Bang
Evolution Says ....."

You are confused my boy. This was not on the Theory of evolution! This is evolution of the Big Bang try and keep up.
KJV

United States

#3639 May 5, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Ignorant creationist bollocks from known troll with no proof of god.
Time is 13.7 billion years old, matter is 13.7 billion years old, energy is 13.7 billion years old, space is 13.7 billion years old.

What was there when time, matter, energy, space didn't exist?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3640 May 5, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Time is 13.7 billion years old, matter is 13.7 billion years old, energy is 13.7 billion years old, space is 13.7 billion years old.
What was there when time, matter, energy, space didn't exist?
What makes you think that is even a sensible question? In other words, why do you think there is/was *anything* when time, matter, energy, and space didn't exist?

I have pointed out the non-sensical nature of this question multiple times and you have continued to ask it.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3641 May 5, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so now the Big Bang has been proven?
Bawhahaahaaha.
Get real!
Yes. The cosmic background radiation has proven the Big Bang model to be accurate.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3642 May 5, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's when it was wrote?
Did you stop to think that *perhaps* it was out of date? That *perhaps* we have learned a few things since 1992?

In fact, cosmology has been a rapidly developing area in the last two decades because of a huge amount of date from COBE and WMAP. This data has substantiated the Big Bang model and has introduced the era of precision cosmology.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3643 May 5, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"This is actually a lie. In the basic Big bang scenario, there simply *is* no time before the Big bang, so no influx of energy."
That is a non-sense question. Why do you think *anything* existed when time did not exist?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#3644 May 5, 2013
KJV wrote:
You are confused my boy. This was not on the Theory of evolution! This is evolution of the Big Bang try and keep up.
Typical disingenuous answer.

Unfortunately it doesn't hide the sound of your frantic backpedaling.

You said...
KJV wrote:
The Big Bang

Evolution Says .....

The universe started with a huge explosion called the‘Big Bang’ 20 billion years ago. This formed the stars and galaxies. The galaxies are swirling and rapidly moving apart. This is proof of
Evolution says nothing of the sort.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#3645 May 5, 2013
Romans 1:18-32
But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.... Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3646 May 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
Romans 1:18-32
But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.... Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles.
... pssst... your HATE is showing.

Who Would Jesus Hate?

I bet YOU know!
KJV

United States

#3647 May 5, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think that is even a sensible question? In other words, why do you think there is/was *anything* when time, matter, energy, and space didn't exist?

I have pointed out the non-sensical nature of this question multiple times and you have continued to ask it.
So you're suggesting there was nothing when there was no time?
KJV

United States

#3648 May 5, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. The cosmic background radiation has proven the Big Bang model to be accurate.
Ok if you say so.'Smirk'
KJV

United States

#3649 May 5, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you stop to think that *perhaps* it was out of date? That *perhaps* we have learned a few things since 1992?

In fact, cosmology has been a rapidly developing area in the last two decades because of a huge amount of date from COBE and WMAP. This data has substantiated the Big Bang model and has introduced the era of precision cosmology.
Nope.
KJV

United States

#3650 May 5, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>That is a non-sense question. Why do you think *anything* existed when time did not exist?
KJV

United States

#3651 May 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Typical disingenuous answer.

Unfortunately it doesn't hide the sound of your frantic backpedaling.

You said...

KJV wrote, "
The Big Bang

Evolution Says .....

The universe started with a huge explosion called the‘Big Bang’ 20 billion years ago. This formed the stars and galaxies. The galaxies are swirling and rapidly moving apart. This is proof of
"

Evolution says nothing of the sort.
Wrong

You posted
KJV wrote, "
The Big Bang

Evolution Says .....

I posted
KJV wrote, "
The Big Bang Evolution Says .....

Note no comma!

Poor try you must try harder.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3652 May 5, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're suggesting there was nothing when there was no time?
Yes, I am suggesting that. Do you have any evidence for any other viewpoint?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3653 May 5, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok if you say so.'Smirk'
No,*I* do not say so. Those that have looked in detail at the results from COBE and WMAP say so. if you have an alternative explanation that explains the background radiation *including* the deviations from black body radiation, please let someone know. Otherwise, you are simply talking through your hat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 37 min macumazahn 226,394
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Mikko 21,506
The Ultimate Evidence of God 5 hr CunningLinguist 65
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 11 hr Jaimie 57
The myth of the angry atheist 12 hr _Bad Company 1
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 14 hr Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 14 hr CunningLinguist 14
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••