|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobby's world.
Yep.. the same as reality.

In direct contrast to YOUR world which is one of hateful torture and even hateful terrorist-heaven.

You truly live in a delusion of your own creation.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jesus said so. No changes, allowed"
What translation did that come from?
What are all the possible translation could that verse mean?
What was that verse really referring to?
Was it taken out of context (the atheist game)?
Well, well, well, a lot of those verses do need tweaking don't they? Some of them really make that god look like dogshit, huh? So which ones would you like to change? Thousands of religions are already changing rewriting, and tweaking the buybull to suit themselves. But, that poses a problem. It seems like the myth-gods had it the way they want it. No changes. Matthew 5:17-19
“I came not to change the law, but fulfill it”.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Equivalent to any fiction novel on the shelf. Actually most fiction novels are better.
You can't expect atheists to respect your hallucinations until you prove them.
well the proof is happening now. God gave humans free will so its up to us.. Its plentynof evidence that point to us living in the last days..everything the writers wrote in Jesus they wrote for the future.

Which is is why the second testament is full principles instead of laws because principles cover a wide area..

Jesus said that before the end comes their would be great preaching work.

The great tribulation is the start of Gods judgements. The bible days its going to be worse then the sieze of jerusalem, sodom and gomorah. The people were eating eachother etc

So its up to us

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing magic about it.
Did you ever go to school?
Did they ever teach you about researching something?
Here sense most atheist seem completely lost when it comes to reading the Bible allow me to give you a few hints of what you need to consider.
When the book was written.
When it was translated.
Who translated it.
Then you need to understand the language it was translated to at the time of its translation. As in "Cool" can have a far different meaning today then 2000 years ago.
Now if you follow these rules you'll find out no decoder ring is need. However you will need a brain and know how to use it. School should be able to help you with this.
Perhaps you need glasses because I think you missed this:-
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
All know how accurate the bibull is:-
24. What was the name of King Abijahs mother?
Michaiah, daughter of Uriel of Gibeah (2 Chronicles 13:2)
Maachah, daughter of Absalom (2 Chronicles 11:20) But Absalom had only one daughter whose name was Tamar (2 Samuel 14:27)
25. Did Joshua and the Israelites capture Jerusalem?
Yes (Joshua 10:23, 40)
No (Joshua 15:63)
26. Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?
Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
Hell (Luke 3:23)
27. Jesus descended from which son of David?
Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
Nathan(Luke3:31)
28. Who was the father of Shealtiel?
Jechoniah (Matthew 1:12)
Neri (Luke 3:27)
29. Which son of Zerubbabel was an ancestor of Jesus Christ?
Abiud (Matthew 1: 13)
Rhesa (Luke 3:27) But the seven sons of Zerubbabel are as follows: i.Meshullam, ii. Hananiah, iii. Hashubah, iv. Ohel, v.Berechiah, vi. Hasadiah, viii. Jushabhesed (I Chronicles 3:19, 20). The names Abiud and Rhesa do not fit in anyway.
30. Who was the father of Uzziah?
Joram (Matthew 1:8)
Amaziah (2 Chronicles 26:1)
31. Who was the father of Jechoniah?
Josiah (Matthew 1:11)
Jeholakim (I Chronicles 3:16)
32. How many generations were there from the Babylonian exile until Christ?
Matthew says fourteen (Matthew 1:17)
But a careful count of the generations reveals only thirteen (see Matthew 1: 12-16)
33. Who was the father of Shelah?
Cainan (Luke 3:35-36)
Arphaxad (Genesis II: 12)
34. Was John the Baptist Elijah who was to come?
Yes (Matthew II: 14, 17:10-13)
No (John 1:19-21)
35. Would Jesus inherit Davids throne?
Yes. So said the angel (Luke 1:32)
No, since he is a descendant of Jehoiakim (see Matthew 1: I 1, I Chronicles 3:16). And Jehoiakim was cursed by God so that none of his descendants can sit upon Davids throne (Jeremiah 36:30)
36. Jesus rode into Jerusalem on how many animals?
One - a colt (Mark 11:7; cf Luke 19:3 5). And they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their garments on it; and he sat upon it.
Two - a colt and an ass (Matthew 21:7). They brought the ass and the colt and put their garments on them and he sat thereon.
37. How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?
By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)
His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)
38. Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew?
By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22)
On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John 1:43)
39. When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus daughter already dead?
Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, My daughter has just died.
No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, My little daughter is at the point of death.
40. Did Jesus allow his disciples to keep a staff on their journey?
Yes (Mark 6:8)
No (Matthew 10:9; Luke 9:3)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

spidersandsnakes wrote:
So its up to us
And?

You are losing... badly.

World-wide polls show that Genuine Christianity™ is dying out.

The only flavors that are NOT on the wane? Are those brands of christian which are very liberal-- you know, they allow gay marriage, they allow gay preachers/priests, they allow divorce, they are pretty much in favor of equality for everyone. They also believe that science is correct, and the world is 4.3 billion years old, and humans evolved from lower animals.

THOSE versions of your religion are the ones that young people are embracing-- all over the world.

Your ugly, bigoted, brain-dead version?

Is going the way of the ... Spanish Inquisition.

Which is good.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds great!
Of course the demons have completed their goal, they have your soul and they have you as a good little soldier on topix doing their work.
Soul, you mean that mythical little miasma thingy? I don't have one of those, and never did. So I am basically un-punishable according to your silly dogma.

Still, let me see if I got this right, people die, the psychical body( the carcass) gets to rot away, and this soul-thingy gets to reap the reward, or bear the punishment for both it's former owners inherited and committed transgressions.

There are a few little problems with that silliness, such as does the soul remember that it had family when it was housed in a human body? Does it pine for those lost loves who now are crispy critters? Does it care that it is being punished for sins that are not it's doing. Such as when great, great grand pappy left the little bastard behind during one of those wild college weekends? Does it understand the punishment it receives, after the human it once inhabited got Alzheimers? How about when severely handicapped humans, get sentenced to hell, because they are the spawn of bastards?

All of these are legitimate questions, but the most telling will be when you answer this question >> You are fine with this evil myth-god punishing the innocent for things that they have not done, and you are Ok with this myth-god hurting those whose hearts he has hardened, and those who will never ever be able to understand why the pain never stops, but how are you preparing your lips for a few quadtrillion centuries of ass kissing??

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Reason Personified wrote:
Soul, you mean that mythical little miasma thingy? I don't have one of those, and never did. So I am basically un-punishable according to your silly dogma.

Still, let me see if I got this right, people die, the psychical body( the carcass) gets to rot away, and this soul-thingy gets to reap the reward, or bear the punishment for both it's former owners inherited and committed transgressions.

There are a few little problems with that silliness, such as does the soul remember that it had family when it was housed in a human body? Does it pine for those lost loves who now are crispy critters? Does it care that it is being punished for sins that are not it's doing. Such as when great, great grand pappy left the little bastard behind during one of those wild college weekends? Does it understand the punishment it receives, after the human it once inhabited got Alzheimers? How about when severely handicapped humans, get sentenced to hell, because they are the spawn of bastards?

All of these are legitimate questions, but the most telling will be when you answer this question >> You are fine with this evil myth-god punishing the innocent for things that they have not done, and you are Ok with this myth-god hurting those whose hearts he has hardened, and those who will never ever be able to understand why the pain never stops, but how are you preparing your lips for a few quadtrillion centuries of ass kissing??
Well done. When you want to put a god-botherer in his place, you do it without pity, without mercy.

Just like the god they believe in.

Only you are real.

:)

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Not me that said it! I quoted this post.
Try and keep up.
<quoted text>Thousands of religion's founders and prophets contort it to fit their own personal desires, which makes it make sense in a thousand different ways. Picking and choosing what you will and what you won't obey in the buybull works well for all the cafeteria Christains, but reading the entire buybull as if it were a message from my personal god was very soon more than enough to clearly show the god is nothing more than man's manipulation of other men to his own whims. So I simply read it as written and if you believe it is a god's words, why would he not present it as he wanted it perceived?
Yes, perhaps I should take a leaf out of the KJV method of keeping up - by not responding to posts and questions asked of him and thus saving time.

Amyway, nice to see toy agree that there are contradictions in the Bible.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Well done. When you want to put a god-botherer in his place, you do it without pity, without mercy.
Just like the god they believe in.
Only you are real.
:(
Too much?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

<quoted text>:(
Too much?
Stars, no!

There cannot be too much for these people-- they are a pox on humanity, like a pesticide-resistant infestation of mindlessness.

I would say that your typical zombie is a superior organism than these parasites.

They have no redeeming social values-- none.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
You are losing... badly.
World-wide polls show that Genuine Christianity™ is dying out.
The only flavors that are NOT on the wane? Are those brands of christian which are very liberal-- you know, they allow gay marriage, they allow gay preachers/priests, they allow divorce, they are pretty much in favor of equality for everyone. They also believe that science is correct, and the world is 4.3 billion years old, and humans evolved from lower animals.
THOSE versions of your religion are the ones that young people are embracing-- all over the world.
Your ugly, bigoted, brain-dead version?
Is going the way of the ... Spanish Inquisition.
Which is good.
World wide christianity is not true christianity
the fact that is dying out fullfils bible prophecy. When U.N attacks religion that is the start of the great tribilutions.

The bible says that it will begin with speaking of peace and security, which they have already done in 1980s,all the the religions gathered praying for peace.

revelation 17 :15-17 And he says to me:“The waters that you saw, where the harlot is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues.And the ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire.For God put [it] into their hearts to carry out his thought, even to carry out [their] one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished.And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.”

Science is important but its not as important as peoples lives. false religion will end and its going to be terrible time. When destroy Gods people and that is start of armeghdon when God defends his people.

Satan and his demons are rulling this earth,which is why their is so much badness, God is going to destroy all over their systems they use to mislead people. Religion will be destroyed and the goverments will go along with it. That will lead to armeghedon

It sounds like a movie,but the prophecies are being fulfilled you even said that statics show that people are less religous. Look at the exposure of false religion,the priest ,gay priest the constand entanglement in political affairs etc etc..

The bible says the religion and politics is not suppose to mix..
The signs are here and we have a choice.

science is good but it cannot tell the future. It is no salvation in humans.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
World wide christianity is not true christianity
No True Scotsman. Look it up.

Couple that logical falacy?

With the fact that you have a >>massively<< over-inflated ego?

And there you go!

Nobody in the WHOLE WORLD is good enough to fit your definition of "True Christian™"

Not even you...

.... very sad.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

<quoted text>Well, well, well, a lot of those verses do need tweaking don't they? Some of them really make that god look like dogshit, huh? So which ones would you like to change? Thousands of religions are already changing rewriting, and tweaking the buybull to suit themselves. But, that poses a problem. It seems like the myth-gods had it the way they want it. No changes. Matthew 5:17-19
“I came not to change the law, but fulfill it”.
Matthew 5:17-19
King James Version (KJV)
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

As you can see other possible meanings.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps you need glasses because I think you missed this:-
Richardfs wrote, "<quoted text>
24. What was the name of King Abijahs mother?
Michaiah, daughter of Uriel of Gibeah (2 Chronicles 13:2)
Maachah, daughter of Absalom (2 Chronicles 11:20) But Absalom had only one daughter whose name was Tamar (2 Samuel 14:27)
26. Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?
Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
Hell (Luke 3:23)
27. Jesus descended from which son of David?
Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
Nathan(Luke3:31)
28. Who was the father of Shealtiel?
Jechoniah (Matthew 1:12)
Neri (Luke 3:27)
29. Which son of Zerubbabel was an ancestor of Jesus Christ?
Abiud (Matthew 1: 13)
Rhesa (Luke 3:27) But the seven sons of Zerubbabel are as follows: i.Meshullam, ii. Hananiah, iii. Hashubah, iv. Ohel, v.Berechiah, vi. Hasadiah, viii. Jushabhesed (I Chronicles 3:19, 20). The names Abiud and Rhesa do not fit in anyway.
30. Who was the father of Uzziah?
Joram (Matthew 1:8)
Amaziah (2 Chronicles 26:1)
31. Who was the father of Jechoniah?
Josiah (Matthew 1:11)
Jeholakim (I Chronicles 3:16)
32. How many generations were there from the Babylonian exile until Christ?
Matthew says fourteen (Matthew 1:17)
But a careful count of the generations reveals only thirteen (see Matthew 1: 12-16)
33. Who was the father of Shelah?
Cainan (Luke 3:35-36)
Arphaxad (Genesis II: 12)
34. Was John the Baptist Elijah who was to come?
Yes (Matthew II: 14, 17:10-13)
No (John 1:19-21)
35. Would Jesus inherit Davids throne?
Yes. So said the angel (Luke 1:32)
No, since he is a descendant of Jehoiakim (see Matthew 1: I 1, I Chronicles 3:16). And Jehoiakim was cursed by God so that none of his descendants can sit upon Davids throne (Jeremiah 36:30)
36. Jesus rode into Jerusalem on how many animals?
One - a colt (Mark 11:7; cf Luke 19:3 5). And they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their garments on it; and he sat upon it.
Two - a colt and an ass (Matthew 21:7). They brought the ass and the colt and put their garments on them and he sat thereon.
37. How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?
By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)
His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)
38. Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew?
By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22)
On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John 1:43)
39. When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus daughter already dead?
Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, My daughter has just died.
No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, My little daughter is at the point of death.
40. Did Jesus allow his disciples to keep a staff on their journey?
Yes (Mark 6:8)
No (Matthew 10:9; Luke 9:3)
"
Who was King Abijah's mother?

2 Chronicles 11:20 and 2 Chronicles 13:2

Maacah (2 Chronicles 11:20)- "And after her he took Maacah the daughter of Absalom, and she bore him Abijah, Attai, Ziza, and Shelomith."

Micaiah (2 Chronicles 13:2)- "He reigned three years in Jerusalem; and his mother’s name was Micaiah the daughter of Uriel of Gibeah. And there was war between Abijah and Jeroboam."

This is a very simple answer. Maacah was simply another spelling for Micaiah. They are one and the same.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps you need glasses because I think you missed this:-
Richardfs wrote, "<quoted text>

"
To find a contradiction, you need only look at two opposing sources. To discover the truth, you need to dig a little deeper.

Judges 1:8 says,“The men of Judah attacked Jerusalem also and took it. They put the city to the sword and set it on fire.”

As per their agreement, the Tribe of Judah then went with the tribe of Simeon to capture the rest of their two allotments instead of remaining in Jerusalem and in their absence, the Jebusites returned. They also had difficulty with the Philistines in the southern coastal areas. And other tribes experienced problems with the people in their areas as well. All this happened after the major conquest had ended,“the land had rest from war”(Josh. 11:23) and the tribes went into their own allotted lands.

In Judges 2:1-4 we learn that previous to that the Angel of the Lord had criticized them for their lack of faith in completing the conquest of the Land, and withdrew His supernatural assistance. He had promised them victory over every enemy they chose to engage,(Josh 10:25) but they lacked the faith to make it so.(This is something unbelievers don’t understand. It wasn’t that God lacked the ability, but that His people lacked the faith. Of course they don’t understand this because they don’t understand faith.)

That being the case, He said, in effect,“Fine. If you want them living among you, so be it. But they’ll be thorns in your sides and their gods a snare to you.”(Judges 2:1-3) It wasn’t until the time of King David, a warrior of supernatural faith, that the Israelites finally possessed all the land that God had promised them.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Prov. 1:28 Then they will call on Me, but I will not answer; they will seek Me diligently, but they will not find Me.
Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the LORD.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 5:17-19
King James Version (KJV)
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
As you can see other possible meanings.
No, it's not. Taking him at his word, 17 says the same thing as 18. 19 is the resulting threat if you break 17 or 18.

So no changes, old testament rules. Have you stoned a neighbor today?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Snevaeh legna wrote:
Prov. 1:28 Then they will call on Me, but I will not answer; they will seek Me diligently, but they will not find Me.
Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the LORD.
1) what is the very first lesson in the bible?

Answer: do not-- EVER-- seek to learn anything. Adam & Eve were punished for LEARNING-- the Tree of Knowing/Knowledge.

2) Any deity that you are taught to be AFRAID OF?

Is 100% pure EVIL.

No two ways about THAT-- only an EVIL deity need FEAR from it's subjects.

Do infants FEAR their mother? Of course not! If they DID fear their mother-- we would CORRECTLY shout CHILD ABUSE.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

spidersandsnakes wrote:
science is good but it cannot tell the future.
Wrong. It predicts there will be a total solar eclipse in the United States on August 21, 2017 at about 1:00 pm. In fact, we can predict the path of totality and exactly what time the eclipse will be visible at each spot:

http://www.eclipse2017.org/ECLIPSE2017_main.H...
http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/path_through_...
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

<quoted text>Soul, you mean that mythical little miasma thingy? I don't have one of those, and never did. So I am basically un-punishable according to your silly dogma.

You don't know what a soul is? Were you born yesterday? One does do have to believe in a soul to at least know what a soul is suppose to be. Your IQ is showing. You might want to cover it up that's an embarrassment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,341 - 3,360 of4,534
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••