|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Gotcha-- you need a Magic Bible Decoder Ring™.

Available where Genuine Bibles™ are sold.

(brain damage from using Magic Bible Decoder Ring™ is not covered under the warranty. Void where prohibited. not everyone will become stupid enough for the Magic Bible Decoder Ring™ to function properly)
Nope read the post you Dolt!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can't help yourself can you
You feel that you must spread lies.
Such is life with out a soul.
All know how accurate the bibull is:-
24. What was the name of King Abijahs mother?

Michaiah, daughter of Uriel of Gibeah (2 Chronicles 13:2)
Maachah, daughter of Absalom (2 Chronicles 11:20) But Absalom had only one daughter whose name was Tamar (2 Samuel 14:27)

25. Did Joshua and the Israelites capture Jerusalem?

Yes (Joshua 10:23, 40)
No (Joshua 15:63)

26. Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?

Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
Hell (Luke 3:23)

27. Jesus descended from which son of David?

Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
Nathan(Luke3:31)

28. Who was the father of Shealtiel?

Jechoniah (Matthew 1:12)
Neri (Luke 3:27)

29. Which son of Zerubbabel was an ancestor of Jesus Christ?

Abiud (Matthew 1: 13)
Rhesa (Luke 3:27) But the seven sons of Zerubbabel are as follows: i.Meshullam, ii. Hananiah, iii. Hashubah, iv. Ohel, v.Berechiah, vi. Hasadiah, viii. Jushabhesed (I Chronicles 3:19, 20). The names Abiud and Rhesa do not fit in anyway.

30. Who was the father of Uzziah?

Joram (Matthew 1:8)
Amaziah (2 Chronicles 26:1)

31. Who was the father of Jechoniah?

Josiah (Matthew 1:11)
Jeholakim (I Chronicles 3:16)

32. How many generations were there from the Babylonian exile until Christ?

Matthew says fourteen (Matthew 1:17)
But a careful count of the generations reveals only thirteen (see Matthew 1: 12-16)

33. Who was the father of Shelah?

Cainan (Luke 3:35-36)
Arphaxad (Genesis II: 12)

34. Was John the Baptist Elijah who was to come?

Yes (Matthew II: 14, 17:10-13)
No (John 1:19-21)

35. Would Jesus inherit Davids throne?

Yes. So said the angel (Luke 1:32)
No, since he is a descendant of Jehoiakim (see Matthew 1: I 1, I Chronicles 3:16). And Jehoiakim was cursed by God so that none of his descendants can sit upon Davids throne (Jeremiah 36:30)

36. Jesus rode into Jerusalem on how many animals?

One - a colt (Mark 11:7; cf Luke 19:3 5). And they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their garments on it; and he sat upon it.
Two - a colt and an ass (Matthew 21:7). They brought the ass and the colt and put their garments on them and he sat thereon.

37. How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?

By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)
His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)

38. Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew?

By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22)
On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John 1:43)

39. When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus daughter already dead?

Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, My daughter has just died.
No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, My little daughter is at the point of death.

40. Did Jesus allow his disciples to keep a staff on their journey?

Yes (Mark 6:8)
No (Matthew 10:9; Luke 9:3)

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
One cannot read a 2000 year old book and expect to fully understand it because you just can't be expected to realize the way life was then and how word may have a whole different meaning then in today life.
And you have the magic decoder ring.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

KJV wrote:
Walt Brown credentials are impressive.
So what?

Anyone can suffer a massive brain-damage event.

Clearly, in Brown's case? The event was when he "concluded" that Noah's flood was real.

That is a clear indication of insanity.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope read the post you Dolt!
No.

I have already studied Geology-- I spent 17 years in the Oil Patch, studying (indirectly) oil geology.

One thing I learned for sure-- the earth is billions of years old.

And the flood >>never<< happened. Ever.

So I have no need to be lied to yet again, by some insane moron with a BOOK to sell to stupid people.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have the magic decoder ring.
Including the requisite brain damage...

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
One cannot read a 2000 year old book and expect to fully understand it because you just can't be expected to realize the way life was then and how word may have a whole different meaning then in today life.
Thousands of religion's founders and prophets contort it to fit their own personal desires, which makes it make sense in a thousand different ways. Picking and choosing what you will and what you won't obey in the buybull works well for all the cafeteria Christains, but reading the entire buybull as if it were a message from my personal god was very soon more than enough to clearly show the god is nothing more than man's manipulation of other men to his own whims. So I simply read it as written and if you believe it is a god's words, why would he not present it as he wanted it perceived?

There is no difference in the rules then and now, Jesus said so. No changes, allowed.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can't help yourself can you
You feel that you must spread lies.
Such is life with out a soul.
You call me a liar, before you even check it out? You are pitiful.

It is not lies. Constantine, the Holy Roman Empire, and most of the Christain churches have managed to insert their own spins on the unchanging word of god, which never stops changing.

It is time for you to research, for surely I could in no way convince you, that the buybull is a constantly changing thing, now could I? It is. There are many versions, and even more explanations of what it has supposedly said.

Google: does the bible change?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Reason Personified" wrote:
"They once exorcized me (I was 13), and they are forever having special prayers asking good to take me from the devil's hands."
Better try again this first one didn't work
Funny thing, these so called demons of mine, they really have got to be the most boring demons ever. Can you imagine, I have worked, paid the bills, figured out the taxes, DBA'd my business, filed quarterly reports, stocked, ordered, planned, cleaned, fired and hired, signed report cards, cooked dinner daily, did laundry, had the cars serviced, paid the insurance, adopted two extra children, raised another two who were just dumped on me, took all the children for haircuts, dental exams, baked cupcakes for bake sales and cookies for school parties, planted a garden, stocked the pond, paid my mortgage, and I did it all while never attending church, for the sake of attending a church.

And during these many years since I was 13 years old, I have never felt the need to hurt another human, I have committed no crimes, and for not even a second have I doubted that the bible-god does not exist, and neither does his favorite tool, "Satan".

I do know that you are an idiot.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>And you have the magic decoder ring.
Nothing magic about it.

Did you ever go to school?
Did they ever teach you about researching something?

Here sense most atheist seem completely lost when it comes to reading the Bible allow me to give you a few hints of what you need to consider.

When the book was written.
When it was translated.
Who translated it.

Then you need to understand the language it was translated to at the time of its translation. As in "Cool" can have a far different meaning today then 2000 years ago.

Now if you follow these rules you'll find out no decoder ring is need. However you will need a brain and know how to use it. School should be able to help you with this.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>No.

I have already studied Geology-- I spent 17 years in the Oil Patch, studying (indirectly) oil geology.

One thing I learned for sure-- the earth is billions of years old.

And the flood >>never<< happened. Ever.

So I have no need to be lied to yet again, by some insane moron with a BOOK to sell to stupid people.
"One thing I learned for sure-- the earth is billions of years old. "

You sure on this?

God created all animals and humans fully mature, why then could he not have created a fully mature universe and earth?

One never knows for sure.
There are no absolutes (I'm pretty sure)

:-)
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Thousands of religion's founders and prophets contort it to fit their own personal desires, which makes it make sense in a thousand different ways. Picking and choosing what you will and what you won't obey in the buybull works well for all the cafeteria Christains, but reading the entire buybull as if it were a message from my personal god was very soon more than enough to clearly show the god is nothing more than man's manipulation of other men to his own whims. So I simply read it as written and if you believe it is a god's words, why would he not present it as he wanted it perceived?

There is no difference in the rules then and now, Jesus said so. No changes, allowed.
"Jesus said so. No changes, allowed"

What translation did that come from?
What are all the possible translation could that verse mean?

What was that verse really referring to?
Was it taken out of context (the atheist game)?
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Funny thing, these so called demons of mine, they really have got to be the most boring demons ever. Can you imagine, I have worked, paid the bills, figured out the taxes, DBA'd my business, filed quarterly reports, stocked, ordered, planned, cleaned, fired and hired, signed report cards, cooked dinner daily, did laundry, had the cars serviced, paid the insurance, adopted two extra children, raised another two who were just dumped on me, took all the children for haircuts, dental exams, baked cupcakes for bake sales and cookies for school parties, planted a garden, stocked the pond, paid my mortgage, and I did it all while never attending church, for the sake of attending a church.

And during these many years since I was 13 years old, I have never felt the need to hurt another human, I have committed no crimes, and for not even a second have I doubted that the bible-god does not exist, and neither does his favorite tool, "Satan".

I do know that you are an idiot.
Sounds great!
Of course the demons have completed their goal, they have your soul and they have you as a good little soldier on topix doing their work.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jesus said so. No changes, allowed"
What translation did that come from?
What are all the possible translation could that verse mean?
What was that verse really referring to?
Was it taken out of context (the atheist game)?
If nothing has changed then why are we judged by our works?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing magic about it.
False. The bible makes it perfectly clear that it is ALL MAGIC, ALL THE TIME.

Genesis, chapter 1? God used his magic voice to MAGIC UP the whole of creation.

Later in Genesis, God used his magic to CREATE EXCESS WATER, to flood the world, then MORE MAGIC to make it vanish.

Later in the New Testament, Jewsus used his MAGIC to transmute the atomic structure of water, into alcohol.

And later, Jewsus created a ZOMBIE, Lazarus, using MAGIC. He also created a little-girl ZOMBIE, but she may have been a VAMPIRE-- it is not clear.

So no-- it's magic all the way down, with your ugly BuyBull.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"One thing I learned for sure-- the earth is billions of years old. "
You sure on this?
Yes. Far more certain that YOU ARE about your BIBLE.

Proof?

You are HERE--desperate to get a CONVERT.

That proves to 100%, that you are UNSURE of your book.

LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds great!
Of course the demons have completed their goal, they have your soul and they have you as a good little soldier on topix doing their work.
Your extreme ugly is showing, bigot.

But that's how you roll, isn't it?
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>If nothing has changed then why are we judged by our works?
Not me that said it! I quoted this post.
Try and keep up.

<quoted text>Thousands of religion's founders and prophets contort it to fit their own personal desires, which makes it make sense in a thousand different ways. Picking and choosing what you will and what you won't obey in the buybull works well for all the cafeteria Christains, but reading the entire buybull as if it were a message from my personal god was very soon more than enough to clearly show the god is nothing more than man's manipulation of other men to his own whims. So I simply read it as written and if you believe it is a god's words, why would he not present it as he wanted it perceived?
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

<quoted text>False. The bible makes it perfectly clear that it is ALL MAGIC, ALL THE TIME.

Genesis, chapter 1? God used his magic voice to MAGIC UP the whole of creation.

Later in Genesis, God used his magic to CREATE EXCESS WATER, to flood the world, then MORE MAGIC to make it vanish.

Later in the New Testament, Jewsus used his MAGIC to transmute the atomic structure of water, into alcohol.

And later, Jewsus created a ZOMBIE, Lazarus, using MAGIC. He also created a little-girl ZOMBIE, but she may have been a VAMPIRE-- it is not clear.

So no-- it's magic all the way down, with your ugly BuyBull.
Bobby's world.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobby's world.
Yep.. the same as reality.

In direct contrast to YOUR world which is one of hateful torture and even hateful terrorist-heaven.

You truly live in a delusion of your own creation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 29 min Liam R 12
Of Interest InTheNews 40 min Reason Personified 2
Our world came from nothing? 41 min Patrick 181
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 224,013
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Patrick 21,376
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 6 hr Buck Crick 356
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr Thinking 831
•••
•••