Noah's flood real
KJV

United States

#3268 Apr 19, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>And a boat built out of WOOD would CRACK IN HALF with even a modest wave....

... and sink.

Pity about your myth.
You would be a pretty poor boat builder if all of your boats do this.

Oh by the way, the plans for this boat came from God, creator of all.
I'm betting he knows how to design a boat so it would not sink like your boats all do.
KJV

United States

#3269 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>ALL of those would have DIED from freshwater exposure.

Anyone who's been around salt-water aquariums could have told you this--

-- salt water creatures CANNOT STAND FRESH WATER-- they die.

And quickly too.

Ark Fail.
With God all things are possible.
You seem to forget that.

However we do see proof of some of what you're so worried about.

"A remarkable fossil find has been found in Peru: 346 whales buried in diatomaceous earth. The preservation of the whales is so pristine and complete, the authors of the paper in the Feb. 2004 issue of Geology1 conclude that the whales had to be buried rapidly, in days or weeks. If so, it represents a rate of accumulation of diatoms many times higher than what occurs in modern oceans.
The authors point out some amazing things about this fossil deposit:
Condition: The whale skeletons are “preserved in pristine condition (bones articulated [i.e., still assembled] or at least closely associated), in some cases including preserved baleen.”
Fine details:“The most complete whale (WCBa 20) was fully articulated; the microscopic detail of its baleen was preserved … and there is black, heavy-mineral replacement of the spinal cord and some intervertebral disks. There were no similar minerals in the surrounding sediment. These nonbony tissues were still present when the whale was completely buried.” Other instances of baleen, the delicate straining structure of the whale’s mouth, were also found.
Vertical extent:“The 346 whales within ~1.5 km2 of surveyed surface were not buried as an event, but were distributed uninterrupted through an 80-m-thick sedimentary section.” Since they were found uniformly distributed from bottom to top of the formation, the conditions in which they were buried must have also been uniform.
Unlaminated strata:“The diatomaceous sediment lacks repeating primary laminations, but instead is mostly massive, with irregular laminations and speckles.” In other words, it was not due to a cyclic process, like the annual climate change that produces tree rings.
Lack of bioturbation: Small organisms have not altered the deposit.“There is no evidence for bioturbation by invertebrates in the whale-bearing sediment.” Apparently they didn’t have the chance, it happened so fast.
Intact diatoms:“If most diatoms dissolve before preservation in the sediment, one would find frustules in all stages of dissolution. Diatoms in the Pisco diatomaceous sediment are often broken, but SEM study indicated fine preservation, with no significant evidence of dissolution.… In the shallow-water Pisco Formation, the diatoms were probably buried too quickly for much dissolution to occur.” The authors point out that in contemporary diatom deposits, only 2–3% of the frustules (glass shells) usually remain undissolved, up to 24% in special cases in Antarctica."

http://crev.info/2004/02/hundreds_of_whales_b...
KJV

United States

#3270 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>Magic.

It always boils down to MAGIC, doesn't it?

Ark fail
You forgot the "God did it with"

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3271 Apr 19, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Let's Look at the Evidence:
You can find the rest of this article at:
http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scien...
I've see the bullshyt.

It's 100% lies-- and of the most insidious sort, too.

They tell >>part<< of the truth, but then they pad it well with lies, more lies and lie-on-lie action.

What do you call a question that has 70% lies, and 30% truth?

False.

It's still false.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3272 Apr 19, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be a pretty poor boat builder if all of your boats do this.
Oh by the way, the plans for this boat came from God, creator of all.
I'm betting he knows how to design a boat so it would not sink like your boats all do.
Noah wasn't a boat builder-- that is very clear in your BuyBull.

Silly! It would not matter WHO designed it!

A wooden boat-- that big-- would break in half.

That's the nature of wood....!

It simply cannot hold up.

Even if a GOD did "design" it...!

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#3273 Apr 19, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to forget that....
Which god?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3274 Apr 19, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to forget that.
So.

It's magic, then?

IF YOUR GOD WAS GONNA US MAGIC?

WHY BOTHER WITH A WORLD-MURDERING FLOOD?

Why not just KILL the offending humans, and let the rest be?

IS THAT TOO MUCH?

All those dead kittens-- MURDERED by your monster-god!

Think of the kittens!

Why do you hate kittens?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3275 Apr 19, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot the "God did it with"
Why do you hate kittens so?

You cling to this monstrous story, wherein your god MURDERS ALL THE WORLD'S KITTENS!

Only adult, BREEDING cats were allowed on the ark.

SO ALL THE KITTENS WERE DROWNEDED.

Clearly, your god HATES kittens!
KJV

United States

#3276 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>Bullsh7t. 100% bullsh7t.

Here-- find me ONE geologist who has a GEOLOGY DEGREE FROM A REAL UNIVERSITY, who agrees with your BULLSHYT, and I will immediately apologize.

More: I will personally donate $20 to the creation museum....
Jun 19, 2010 – Harold G. Coffin got his Ph.D. from the University of Southern California in 1969.

Clyde L. Webster, Ph.D.
Senior Research Scientist
Geoscience Research Institute

"The evidence presented here provides a basis for additional detailed research that could be done. Such research would be beneficial for our understanding of these unique fossil deposits. Offhand, the in situ model would appear to be the simplest and most natural explanation, but closer examination uncovers features that are difficult to explain for trees in growth position. A transport model involving the flotation of trees and organic debris in a body of water, as illustrated in Spirit Lake, gives a better fit to the data as observed in the Yellowstone Petrified Forests. We propose that the Yellowstone Petrified Forests provide an example of catastrophic deposition."

http://www.grisda.org/origins/24002.htm
KJV

United States

#3277 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>Not really-- they did not have iron or copper nails, for example.

That means? All they had were WOODEN PEGS.

Ark Fail.
"they did not have iron or copper nails, for example"

You're showing off you education level!

Noah had iron, iron straps, iron nails and iron bolts.

You seem to have Noah and Fred Flintstone confused. Have another beer!
KJV

United States

#3278 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>He HIRED people?

BUT LEFT THEM TO DROWN?

Your Noah was a real dick, you KNOW that, right?

Ark Fail.
You really know nothing of the Noah flood do you?

Noah spent hundreds of days begging his neighbors to repent and join him.
They like you turned a blind eye to God.
So they paid the price as you will one day.
KJV

United States

#3279 Apr 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, I thought that was you.

You believe the grand canyon is so vast, so deep that only a catastrophic worldwide flood could have created it.

That bit I get.

What about the Valles Marineris on Mars?

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/odyssey/200...

"A "Grand Canyon of Mars" slices across the Red Planet near its equator. This canyon -- Valles Marineris, or the Mariner Valley -- is 10 times longer and deeper than Arizona's Grand Canyon, and 20 times wider. As the picture shows, you could drop the whole Los Angeles basin into a small part of Valles Marineris and leave plenty of room to spare. In length, the canyon extends far enough that it could reach across the United States from East Coast to West Coast, while its rim stands more than 25,000 feet high, nearly as tall as Earth's Mount Everest."

Was this also formed by a worldwide flood? Your logic indicates that it had to be.
That and the fact that a river flowing across the surface (starting level) of the top of the Grand Canyon would have had to flow up hill. No rivers have ever been known to do this.
KJV

United States

#3280 Apr 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, I thought that was you.

You believe the grand canyon is so vast, so deep that only a catastrophic worldwide flood could have created it.

That bit I get.

What about the Valles Marineris on Mars?

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/odyssey/200...

"A "Grand Canyon of Mars" slices across the Red Planet near its equator. This canyon -- Valles Marineris, or the Mariner Valley -- is 10 times longer and deeper than Arizona's Grand Canyon, and 20 times wider. As the picture shows, you could drop the whole Los Angeles basin into a small part of Valles Marineris and leave plenty of room to spare. In length, the canyon extends far enough that it could reach across the United States from East Coast to West Coast, while its rim stands more than 25,000 feet high, nearly as tall as Earth's Mount Everest."

Was this also formed by a worldwide flood? Your logic indicates that it had to be.
That is larger by far then the Grand Canyon as Olympus Mon is the largest volcano in our solar system. Both on mars. Nether is addressed in the Bible.
KJV

United States

#3281 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>I've see the bullshyt.

It's 100% lies-- and of the most insidious sort, too.

They tell >>part<< of the truth, but then they pad it well with lies, more lies and lie-on-lie action.

What do you call a question that has 70% lies, and 30% truth?

False.

It's still false.
Ah bobby settle down, these post of yours are nonsensical. Time for a Benny. Relax and try and post something worth while.

KJV

United States

#3282 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>Noah wasn't a boat builder-- that is very clear in your BuyBull.

Silly! It would not matter WHO designed it!

A wooden boat-- that big-- would break in half.

That's the nature of wood....!

It simply cannot hold up.

Even if a GOD did "design" it...!
My buybull? I don't have a book called the buybull.

Noah is the most famous boat builder of all times. He also spent longer in that profession then anyone else that ever lived.

The ark never broke in half so you're wrong.
KJV

United States

#3283 Apr 19, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Which god?
"KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to forget that...."

You'll note in my post that God is capitalized. Therefore by definition I was talking of the God of the Bible.

"Capitalization Rules
There are many rules to capitalization. Most people know the basics of capitalization such as capitalizing the first letter of the first word at the beginning of a new sentence, but when is capitalization appropriate in other situations? Outlined below is a comprehensive guide providing rules and examples to proper capitalization.

Holy Bible

- Names for the Bible Capitalize all names for the Bible, for parts and versions of the Bible and all names of other sacred books.
Examples:
Bible -Scriptures -Word of God -Holy Bible -Old Testament -New Testament
-Gospels -Ten Commandments -Lord’s Prayer -Gospels -Gospel of Luke
-King James Version
- Creeds and Confessions Capitalize all names of creeds and confessions of faith and general Biblical terms.

Examples:
-Lord Supper - the Apostles Creed
-the Westminster Catechism -Nicene Creed

- Deity - Capitalize all names for Deity
Examples:
-Father -Almighty -God -Lord -Holy Spirit -Son of Man
-Messiah - Lord of Hosts -Redeemer -Savior - Holy Trinity "

"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied, mirroring the use of Latin deus. Pronouns referring to God are also often capitalized and are traditionally in the masculine gender, i.e. "He", "Him", "His" etc. However, some people have referred to God in feminine terms, such as "She" and "Her". "
KJV

United States

#3284 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>So.

It's magic, then?

IF YOUR GOD WAS GONNA US MAGIC?

WHY BOTHER WITH A WORLD-MURDERING FLOOD?

Why not just KILL the offending humans, and let the rest be?

IS THAT TOO MUCH?

All those dead kittens-- MURDERED by your monster-god!

Think of the kittens!

Why do you hate kittens?
I feel your pain, Sin does seem to cause a lot of pain and death. One day we (not you) will have a world with out sin.

I once heard that baby kittens make good muskie bait.
KJV

United States

#3285 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>Why do you hate kittens so?

You cling to this monstrous story, wherein your god MURDERS ALL THE WORLD'S KITTENS!

Only adult, BREEDING cats were allowed on the ark.

SO ALL THE KITTENS WERE DROWNEDED.

Clearly, your god HATES kittens!
"Only adult, BREEDING cats were allowed on the ark.

SO ALL THE KITTENS WERE DROWNEDED. "

You know this to be true why?

Pssssss it's Drowned not Drowneded

bobby, how long can you tread water?
KJV

United States

#3286 Apr 19, 2013
11 post in a row!

I win!!!!!
Mr Smartypants

Minneapolis, MN

#3287 Apr 19, 2013
KJV wrote:
11 post in a row!
I win!!!!!
And I'm more than glad to let you win!!!!!

Seriously, this is the first time I've been on Topix in a couple of months and only because I'm binging on garbage before a detoxification session tomorrow. When I see the regulars on here who have nothing to do but get into tedious pissing matches that extend over YEARS, I'm more than happy to lose, whatever that means.

I lose!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 hr Eagle 12 - 1,312
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr 15th Dalai Lama 78,469
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 32,426
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Aug 12 Eagle 12 - 1,152
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web