United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Sciences is not even a little bit interested in hiding actual EVIDENCE.

You know...

.... facts and shyt.

When it comes to gods? Science is neutral-- science is only concerned with reality, you see-- not fantasy-delusions of bronze-age mystics.

Since your delusions are entirely without evidence?

Well.... there you go-- science is not concerned.

At all...
Yes I know.

American Association for the Advancement of Science found that "just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sorry bobby I forgot I was dealing with an imbecile.
Yes-- you are an imbecile, we know already.

You even admitted to being a simpleton.

Which we also knew already.

But your post, above? Does not address my many points.

You keep IGNORING those.

Why?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know.
American Association for the Advancement of Science found that "just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power.
Actually? The number is down around 10% or less.

You have to check the work, first-- if the question is badly worded? Then the "results" are equally flawed.

My point is this: less than 10% of scientists believe in YOUR god.

Not just any god, here-- but YOUR, SPECIFIC MAGIC-DOING deity.

I know for a FACT that you are an ATHEIST with respect to Zeus, Hera, Thor, and the nebulous god that Deists worship.

Since you do not accept THESE gods? Your quote above actually works AGAINST you.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

<quoted text>Actually? The number is down around 10% or less.

You have to check the work, first-- if the question is badly worded? Then the "results" are equally flawed.

My point is this: less than 10% of scientists believe in YOUR god.

Not just any god, here-- but YOUR, SPECIFIC MAGIC-DOING deity.

I know for a FACT that you are an ATHEIST with respect to Zeus, Hera, Thor, and the nebulous god that Deists worship.

Since you do not accept THESE gods? Your quote above actually works AGAINST you.
"Actually? The number is down around 10% or less. "

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#sectio...

2012:
Another study assessing religiosity among scientists who are members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science found that "just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Actually? The number is down around 10% or less. "
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#sectio...
2012:
Another study assessing religiosity among scientists who are members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science found that "just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power.
You have a reading comprehension, sport?

I addressed your problem already-- repeating it doesn't help your case in the least.

Less than 10% believe in YOUR GOD.

Since you are an ATHEIST with respect to DEIST gods?

Your post does not help your case...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
The name Zeus is recorded before Yahweh.
Care to try again?
<quoted text>
The name YhWh is the oldest name recorded in its tetragram form.

Correct me if I am wrong but Zues was one of the gods the greeks worshipped.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

I know your cult has brainwashed you and that is a pity. The fact is Zeus amongst several other gods predate Yahweh and we have archeological proof to back that up.

Zeus who predates Yahweh and actually the Yahweh worshippers stole much about Zeus when creating their god Yahweh. Even your revered Ten Commandments story has elements stolen from Zeus.

I know the truth hurts but Yahweh is predated by many many gods.
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>The name YhWh is the oldest name recorded in its tetragram form.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Lie. All of those "ark finds" have long since been proven to be 100% fake.
Why do you lie?
Oh!
You are so used to telling lies, you no longer have the ability to tell the truth!
How sad for you...
The ark was not a boat but a giant rectangular vessel. If you read the measurements it was not shaped like a boat. They will never find its gone by now.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

But do provide a link to this proof that the name Yahweh predates all other names?

What's that? You can't link to cult insanity?

Lol!
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>The name YhWh is the oldest name recorded in its tetragram form.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
The name YhWh is the oldest name recorded in its tetragram form.
There were any number of gods, much-much older than YHWH, which only reliably dates to roughly 500BCE or so.

That is, if you ignore bible "evidence" which, obviously, has an agenda.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Thought by ... whom? You?
As if .. you are a proven liar, so YOUR word is insufficient.
In any case, that's still not proof of your god's being real.
Their is a God,Their is no evidence saying he does not exist. The evidence that proves is the biblical propecies which all except 2 have already happened. Revelation 17,18,19 describes the destruction of false religion. It describes religion as Babylon the great,because like the ancient city of babylon it sits on many waters, and it also brings ou that it is found over nation and within every language. The scriptures also note that the merchants and kings of the earth have grown rich and lived in shameless luxary.

revelation 18 ;23,24"and no light of a lamp will ever shine in you again, and no voice of a bridegroom and of a bride will ever be heard in you again; because your traveling merchants were the top&#8208;ranking men of the earth, for by your spiritistic practice all the nations were misled.Yes, in her was found the blood of prophets and of holy ones and of all those who have been slaughtered on the earth"
That is just on excerpt from chapter 18 of Revelation.
The first chapter of revelation tells you that it is written in signs and symbols.

The bible does not say how this will hppen but it does say that all of religion riches will be depleted and it will be completed destroyed. the bible also says the before this happens the nations and kings of the earth will give their power to the wild beast or (U.N) who is going to carry out this decision.

(Revelation 17: 16-18)The waters that you saw, where the harlot is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues.And the ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire.For God put [it] into their hearts to carry out his thought, even to carry out [their] one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished.And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.

This prophecy is approahing,you can see it by the way people act towards it. The bible does not lie.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
The ark was not a boat but a giant rectangular vessel. If you read the measurements it was not shaped like a boat. They will never find its gone by now.
According to Naval oceanic simulations?

A craft built of wood, the size as shown in your bible?

1) it would crack in half, and sink, with the first wave over 3 feet-- wooden vessels that size cannot be built with technology available to Noah.

2) presuming magically-strong (read: impossible) wood? A vessel built to bible-specs, would rapidly turn broadside to waves-- and lacking a keel (not mentioned) would begin to rock and would founder within 20 minutes or so of normal, light wave action.

3) Noah did not have modern caulking. Neither did he have access to machined wood-- all cut by hand. Moreover, the only technology he had access to, was the clinker-style of ship-building-- overlapping wooden slats, in other words. There is a technological reason why you >>never<< >>ever<< see clinker-style boats bigger than about 20 feet or so-- flexing of the boards, as the ship twists in the waves, causes massive leaks--too great for anyone to bail. A smaller boat leaks too, but not so much that you cannot bail it dry. So the ark, even using magically strong wood, and using magical steering gear (not mentioned in the bible), would still sink within 30 minutes of nominal wave action.

4) The ark, as described in the bible was too small for the >>known<< animals common to Noah's area--- let alone all the animals in the world. In fact? Conservative estimates of the number of different "kinds", if loaded on the ark? Each individual--including Noah and his sons-- gets roughly 2 millimeters square... yes, I said millimeters-- that's about 1/16 of an inch or so. Food? No room...

5) The ark allegedly (and magically) remained afloat for about a year or so-- the >>actual<< time is not listed accurately. But let's say 6 months. There was not room on the ark, for the >>water<< needed to keep the >>humans<< alive during that time-- remember-- the ark was >>sealed<< up >>god-tight<<. So there is no cheating and using rainwater here...

6) The ark had to have food for all the animals for 6 months. Just the elephants alone, the food requirements would have swamped the whole volume...

7) what did the meat-eaters eat? There were but two of each species--- what did the LIONS eat? The tigers? The other carnivores? Without meat-- in 6 months, they are DEAD, DEAD, DEAD-- and no, grains would not do here-- Noah was ignorant of the mineral and vitamin requirements of obligate carnivores on veggies...

... shall I continue?

Any ONE of these means the story is 100% false.

All seven? Well-- the Ark story is 100% myth. To several decimal places...

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Nobody asked for your rambling cult nonsense. You have been brainwashed not us. Oh and the word is there not their.

Thank you for demonstrating how cults target poorly educated low IQ people such as yourself.

Still waiting for your link showing no name predates Yahweh.

Lmfao!
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>Their is a God,Their is no evidence.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
Their is a God,Their is no evidence saying he does not exist.
Actually?

There is: want to see it?

Here you go:

Proof your god isn't real: I submit... the sum-total of YOUR UGLY POSTS.

Especially the ones in which you ridicule and belittle others you perceive to not be in your tight little club.

Now. Presuming this "god" of yours is an actual... divine being?

Then we may expect that this god is interested in Divine levels of Justice, and equally Divine levels of Goodness?

The proof runs like this: what god, who was truly interested in both Justice and Good, would permit the likes of ...

... YOU ...

... to be It's spokes-person, it's missionary to people who do NOT believe in It?

Answer:

No god who was GOOD or JUST would suffer the likes of YOU.

There you have it!

Irrefutable proof, that your god is not real.

(too easy)
Thinking

Staines, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

The bible endorses slavery, paedophilia and rape.
It is also full of inaccuracies.
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible does not lie.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I already apologized for that miss quote.
I took it from a study Bible rather then the real Bible. I'm bad on this one.
Good for you.

How much do you rely on study guides in your interpretation of the bible?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know.
The NAS would refute those figures.

And either way, it's irrelevant.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Actually?
There is: want to see it?
Here you go:
Proof your god isn't real: I submit... the sum-total of YOUR UGLY POSTS.
Especially the ones in which you ridicule and belittle others you perceive to not be in your tight little club.
Now. Presuming this "god" of yours is an actual... divine being?
Then we may expect that this god is interested in Divine levels of Justice, and equally Divine levels of Goodness?
The proof runs like this: what god, who was truly interested in both Justice and Good, would permit the likes of ...
... YOU ...
... to be It's spokes-person, it's missionary to people who do NOT believe in It?
Answer:
No god who was GOOD or JUST would suffer the likes of YOU.
There you have it!
Irrefutable proof, that your god is not real.
(too easy)
Are you trying to Convince Yourself of this?
Proof :-)
Maybe your oft posted opinion,
but proof might be a stretch.
No need to reply
You already know everything
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Are you trying to Convince Yourself of this?
Proof :-)
Maybe your oft posted opinion,
but proof might *by* a stretch.
No need to reply
You already know everything

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

The NAS shows only 7% of the scientists who are leaders in their fields believe in a god.

Regardless it means nothing as you are using an appeal to authority logical fallacy.

Without observable proof for a god the atheist in on solid ground for not believing.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>Upon further review the call stands.
Aerobatty will lose a time out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,981 - 3,000 of4,522
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••