Noah's flood real
KJV

United States

#3163 Apr 15, 2013
Various Indian drawings on rock walls tell us the Indians actually saw living dinosaurs. They drew on rock walls what they saw with their eyes. The Anasazi Indians of the American southwest
made pictures on rocks showing dinosaurs and men. A thick coat of “desert varnish” on these images proves that these pictures were created many hundreds of years ago. Desert varnish (windblown pollen and dust) slowly accumulates on rocks in the desert; the varnish on the Anasazi pictures is so thick that they must have been drawn many hundreds of years ago. Therefore,
these art works are not frauds perpetrated by mischievous European newcomers (who had no motive for such a fraud), but were made by natives long ago, showing men and dinosaurs living together. In the ancient city of Angkor in Cambodia, we can see a stegosaurus carved in one of the temple walls. In Mexico, many hundreds ancient dinosaur figurines have been unearthed, some even with men riding them!(see below)

This is not just accidental similarity between the Indian artwork and what we believe the edmontosaurus looked like!

This remarkable pictograph can be seen etched into the canyon walls of the Grand Canyon. Other animals show the same clarity. The people living there not too long ago saw reptiles that we only see in books. They painted what they observed. Dinosaurs did not become extinct 65 million years before the "evolution" of man. They were obviously created at the same time!

Cave drawing to the right of a long neck dragon. Bottom picture is outlined in white to show it's shape better.

Ica Stone, found in the Ica valley in Peru. The people lived there about 3,000 years ago. How did they know what dinosaurs looked like?

More Indian artwork from Canada. The evolutionary time-table has been proved entirely wrong.

This carving was found on a Cambodian temple wall. It is an excellent depiction of a stegosaurus, many hundreds of years old. How could they have known about stegosaurs if they had never seen one?

Thousands of Indian clay figurines have been unearthed in Acambaro, Mexico.

This pottery is several thousand years old. Remember we aren't supposed to know what dinosaurs looked like until the late 1800's really the mid 1900's. This Pottery is dated back to between 800BC and 200 AD.

http://www.6000years.org/frame.php...
KJV

United States

#3164 Apr 15, 2013
Job, you think I am not concerned about your suffering. Well, let Me ask you these questions. Can you loose the bands of Orion? No, you cannot. But My Divine power will. Some day Orion will no longer exist. Job, can you bind the 250 stars of the Pleiades together in their symmetry of beauty and not have a single one drift off? Only I have this power and wisdom. Can you prevent the runaways — Arcturus and his sons — from colliding as they go dashing out of the Milky Way? No, only My Divine power and wisdom can.

Job, if I am caring for the details of the universe, do you doubt that I not only care for the details of your life, but I have the ability to solve your problems? Trust that there is a good reason I am permitting these tragedies. Remember, Job, I work from the perspective of your eternal welfare.

"Job, can you bind the 250 stars of the Pleiades together in their symmetry of beauty and not have a single one drift off? "

How did the writers of the bible (sheep herders) know that Pleiades consisted of 250 stars?

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#3165 Apr 15, 2013
KJV wrote:
Job, you think I am not concerned about your suffering. Well, let Me ask you these questions. Can you loose the bands of Orion? No, you cannot. But My Divine power will. Some day Orion will no longer exist. Job, can you bind the 250 stars of the Pleiades together in their symmetry of beauty and not have a single one drift off? Only I have this power and wisdom. Can you prevent the runaways — Arcturus and his sons — from colliding as they go dashing out of the Milky Way? No, only My Divine power and wisdom can.
Job, if I am caring for the details of the universe, do you doubt that I not only care for the details of your life, but I have the ability to solve your problems? Trust that there is a good reason I am permitting these tragedies. Remember, Job, I work from the perspective of your eternal welfare.
"Job, can you bind the 250 stars of the Pleiades together in their symmetry of beauty and not have a single one drift off? "
How did the writers of the bible (sheep herders) know that Pleiades consisted of 250 stars?
The above passage is inspired by the Bible, but does not come directly from it. Nowhere in Job 38 is the number of stars in the Pleiades specified. the above passage appears to have come from a study guide that can be found in several places across the inteernet:

http://www.bible411.com/andgodcried/chapter2....

http://www.chicagobible.org/topics/do-we-all-...

http://accidental-rabbit-trails.blogspot.com/...

http://christiantrumpetsounding.com/Gods%20Te...

KJV is not the first to assume it was original to the Bible and assert it as evidence of divine knowledge beyond the scope of ancient writer...

http://voices.yahoo.com/science-vs-bible-logi...

http://www.bibletoday.com/archive/proof_text....

But he should know better than to assert it in an atheist forum that is full of fact checkers. The actual Bible text in the KJV is "Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?",“Can you bind the chains[b] of the Pleiades? Can you loosen Orion’s belt?" in NIV. The rest comes from the imagination of whoever wrote the study guide.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3166 Apr 15, 2013
KJV wrote:
Reasons to believe the Bible is the true Word of God
Noah's Ark - Found!
Lie. All of those "ark finds" have long since been proven to be 100% fake.

Why do you lie?

Oh!

You are so used to telling lies, you no longer have the ability to tell the truth!

How sad for you...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3167 Apr 15, 2013
KJV wrote:
Sodom & Gomorrah - Found!
Lie. All of those "ancient bible cities" have long since been proven to be 100% fake.

Why do you lie?

Oh!

You are so used to telling lies, you no longer have the ability to tell the truth!

How sad for you...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3168 Apr 15, 2013
KJV wrote:
Red Sea Crossing - Found!
Lie. Never happened. For one thing? Moses never existed, historically speaking.

Without the main character? There goes your whole myth!

Why do you lie?

Oh!

How sad for you...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3169 Apr 15, 2013
KJV wrote:
Mt Sinai - Found!
Nope. Not the same thing. Sorry about that- but you keep on lying...

Why do you lie?

Oh!

How sad for you...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3170 Apr 15, 2013
KJV wrote:
The Shroud of Turin is ...
100% fraud. It was carbon-dated to well after the first millinea (the year 1000).

More to the point? If the shroud were ... REAL?

Then:

Using simple measurements of a 2 dimensional cloth wrapped around a 3-dimentional body?

1) your jesus had a head that was FREAKISHLY huge-- we are talking giant watermelon big, here-- such a FREAK-SHOW would've been mentioned....

2) your jesus would have been more than 6 feet tall--closer to 7 feet, actually. When the common height was 5 to 5 1/4 feet tall-- jesus would've been a FREAK standing like a giant among others-- that would've been mentioned too.

3) your jesus was freakishly THIN-- so thin, that he'd have been a bean-pole, rather than a mortal man. Once again? That thin would've been mentioned somewhere...

So your shroud, just using simple measurements?

Is 100% fraud-- it's a PAINTING, created to fool idiots.

Like....say.... you.

Why do you lie?

Oh!

How sad for you...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3171 Apr 15, 2013
Linky to more info on the fraudulent shroud:

" http://www.infidels.org/kiosk/article815.html... ;
KJV

United States

#3172 Apr 16, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>The above passage is inspired by the Bible, but does not come directly from it. Nowhere in Job 38 is the number of stars in the Pleiades specified. the above passage appears to have come from a study guide that can be found in several places across the inteernet:

http://www.bible411.com/andgodcried/chapter2....

http://www.chicagobible.org/topics/do-we-all-...

http://accidental-rabbit-trails.blogspot.com/...

http://christiantrumpetsounding.com/Gods%20Te...

KJV is not the first to assume it was original to the Bible and assert it as evidence of divine knowledge beyond the scope of ancient writer...

http://voices.yahoo.com/science-vs-bible-logi...

http://www.bibletoday.com/archive/proof_text....

But he should know better than to assert it in an atheist forum that is full of fact checkers. The actual Bible text in the KJV is "Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?",“Can you bind the chains[b] of the Pleiades? Can you loosen Orion’s belt?" in NIV. The rest comes from the imagination of whoever wrote the study guide.
You're right, I'm bad sorry about that.
Nice catch. I was in the wrong book.
Oooops.
KJV

United States

#3173 Apr 16, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>100% fraud. It was carbon-dated to well after the first millinea (the year 1000).

More to the point? If the shroud were ... REAL?

Then:

Using simple measurements of a 2 dimensional cloth wrapped around a 3-dimentional body?

1) your jesus had a head that was FREAKISHLY huge-- we are talking giant watermelon big, here-- such a FREAK-SHOW would've been mentioned....

2) your jesus would have been more than 6 feet tall--closer to 7 feet, actually. When the common height was 5 to 5 1/4 feet tall-- jesus would've been a FREAK standing like a giant among others-- that would've been mentioned too.

3) your jesus was freakishly THIN-- so thin, that he'd have been a bean-pole, rather than a mortal man. Once again? That thin would've been mentioned somewhere...

So your shroud, just using simple measurements?

Is 100% fraud-- it's a PAINTING, created to fool idiots.

Like....say.... you.

Why do you lie?

Oh!

How sad for you...
Wrong.

That angle has to do with single fibers that were purportedly vacuumed up from the shroud during scientific testing. Fanti and his colleagues put the fibers through a series of mechanical and chemical tests. "Combining the two chemical methods with the mechanical one, it results [in] a mean date of 33 B.C., with an uncertainty of plus or minus 250 years at 95 percent confidence level, that is compatible with the period in which Jesus Christ lived in Palestine," the publishers say in a news release.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3174 Apr 16, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, I'm bad sorry about that.
Nice catch. I was in the wrong book.
Oooops.
What else is new?

You've consistently "quoted" from the wrong book since your appearance on Topix.

LOL!
KJV

United States

#3175 Apr 16, 2013
The next proof of the inspiration of the Bible is the way it deals with time—by accurately foretelling what will happen ahead of time. This is also a unique characteristic of the Bible: It boldly proclaims specific historical events to come in the future. No other ancient sacred book dares to deal with time in this way with unmatched results.

As the book A General Introduction to the Bible says: "No unconditional prophecy of the Bible about events to the present day has gone unfulfilled ... Other books claim divine inspiration, such as the Koran, the Book of Mormon, and parts of the [Hindu] Veda. But none of those books contains predictive prophecy. As a result, fulfilled prophecy is a strong indication of the unique, divine authority of the Bible" (Norman Geisler and William Nix, 1986, p. 13).

One incredible example of prophecy is found in the book of Isaiah. The date of the book is fixed by its first verse: "The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah."

Through history and archaeology, the dates of these kings are well known—from 767 to 686 B.C., a span of 81 years. Yet, in Isaiah 44, God reveals to Isaiah a coming conqueror who would permit Jerusalem to be rebuilt after its destruction—although in Isaiah's day Jerusalem was still standing! So here is a prophecy so ahead of its time that only future generations in Jerusalem would first witness the city's destruction and then its rebuilding!

Jerusalem was destroyed in 586 B.C. by the Babylonians some 100 years after Isaiah's day. And work was not begun to reconstruct it until 539 B.C., when the prophesied king conquered Babylon and decreed that the captive Jews be freed and allowed to go back to Jerusalem to rebuild the city and the temple.

In Isaiah 44, God reveals to Isaiah the actual name of the coming conqueror—Cyrus, known in history as Cyrus the Great: "Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, and He who formed you from the womb:'I am the LORD, who makes all things, who stretches out the heavens all alone ... who frustrates the signs of the babblers, and drives diviners mad ... who says to Jerusalem, "you shall be inhabited," ... who says of Cyrus, "He is My shepherd, and he shall perform all My pleasure, saying to Jerusalem,'You shall be built,' and to the temple,'Your foundation shall be laid'"'" (Isaiah 44:24-28).
KJV

United States

#3176 Apr 16, 2013
This is only one of the hundreds of Bible prophecies that have been confirmed. Dozens of specific prophecies deal with Jesus Christ and were fulfilled in precise detail. No other ancient sacred book even dares to deal with predictive prophecy—making the Bible unique.

Wilbur Smith, professor of the Bible, says about this book: "It is the only volume ever produced by man, or a group of men, in which is to be found a large body of prophecies relating to individual nations, to Israel, to all the peoples of the earth, to certain cities, and to the coming of One who was to be the Messiah.

"The ancient world had many different devices for determining the future, known as divination, but not in the entire gamut of Greek and Latin literature, even though they use the words prophet and prophecy, can we find any real specific prophecy of a great historic event to come in the distant future, nor any prophecy of a Savior to arise in the human race ...

"Mohammedanism cannot point to any prophecies of the coming of Mohammed uttered hundreds of years before his birth. Neither can the founders of any cult in this country rightly identify any ancient text specifically foretelling their appearance" (The Incomparable Book, 1961, pp. 9-10).
KJV

United States

#3177 Apr 16, 2013
KJV

United States

#3178 Apr 16, 2013
Who is Dr. Panin and what did he discover?

One of the most remarkable occurrences in our time is God's preparation of one individual to produce positive evidence that would completely undermine all biblical criticism and bring atheism toppling to the ground wherever honest, thinking men would face the facts. More startling still is the notion that this individual was a converted Russian nihilist, Harvard scholar, and a mathematician. At the very time when organized atheism was laying its plan to gain control of Russia and make use of its vast resources to sow the seeds of atheism in every nation on earth, God was preparing His Russian servant, Ivan Panin, to bring forth scientific evidence of the verbal and absolute inspiration of the holy scriptures in their original languages.

Dr. Panin, who passed away in October, 1942, after 50 years of work on Bible numerica, was not the first to discover that there was a strange mathematical structure running through the Bible. There was Browne in his Ordo Saeculoreum, and Grant in his Numerical Bible, and Bullinger in his Numbers on the Scriptures. They all brought forth many striking examples of numeric features in the Bible. Now, other competent scholars carry on further research in this line.

It remained for Dr. Panin, however, by giving his very life to the task, to find that every letter of the Hebrew and Greek manuscripts is numbered and occupies its own special place in the order of the total number of letters in the Bible, the slightest variations of orthography being God ordained. Since every Greek and Hebrew letter carries a numerical value (letters being used for figures in these languages), every word, phrase, sentence, and paragraph has a definite mathematical sum, as later will be shown.

Dr. Panin devoted himself so persistently to counting letters and solving the mathematical problems that he often wore himself out physically. His works were voluminous and his discoveries seemingly without end. He authored a volume entitled Structure on the Bible and revisions of the New Testament based upon his numeric discoveries. Since his death, the Nobel research foundation, which took over some 43,000 sheets of his pen work, has employed Hebrew and Greek scholars to further pursue the study and issue a book on the subject.

KJV

United States

#3179 Apr 16, 2013
More....

Panin's establishment of the practically infinite series of complex systems in the Hebrew and Greek text, all sequences, combinations, ratios, etc., following a uniform design from Genesis to Revelation, is undoubtedly God's answer to modern atheism and higher criticism, and his vindication of the verbal and complete inspiration of scripture. The discovery also settles many questions of text. It proves that the books of our present Bible, and they alone, have the required features of authenticity and divine inspiration. It also settles disputes of long standing, including about some portions of the Bible which scholars have said should be eliminated.

In this chapter, it is only possible to touch upon the surface of Dr. Panin's work. The Divine authority of scripture has always been fully sustained by proofs from fulfilled prophecy, the inexhaustible gaps of truth revealed, its matchless power over the lives of men, its indestructibility, and the testimony of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. However, some have wanted to waive these lines of evidence as unscientific. Dr. Panin has submitted conclusive, scientific proof that the Bible could not have been produced by the unaided human mind. This proof is found in the amazing numeric phenomena in the very structure of the Hebrew and Greek manuscripts. Dr. Panin demonstrated either that every other writer of scripture was an unparalleled literary and mathematical genius or that he wrote as he was moved by the Holy Ghost. Professor John C. Banks, a worthy successor of Dr. Panin, has offered similar numeric evidence.

Panin laid his discoveries before the readers of a New York newspaper, copies of which were sent to leading skeptical educators and scientists, with a challenge to disapprove, if possible, the phenomena to which he had called attention. Since that time, many other learned skeptics have been confronted with the same evidence and not one has been able to discredit it. Some challenged Dr Panin to find the same mathematical structure in Hebrew and Greek classics outside of the Bible. Panin, therefore, gave much time to examining other writings and failed to find such a phenomena. And no such features were found in any of the seven books added by the Roman church to their Old Testament.
KJV

United States

#3181 Apr 16, 2013
How Fossils are Dated

Contrary to popular belief, the dating of fossils is very subjective and arbitrary. Sometimes fossil dating is really a circular reasoning:

The ages of rocks are used to date fossils
The ages of fossils are used to date rocks.
Here is a quote from a peer reviewed science journal saying just that:

“The procession of life was never witnessed, it is inferred. The vertical sequence of fossils is thought to represent a process because the enclosing rocks are interpreted as a process. The rocks do date the fossils, but the fossils date the rocks more accurately. Stratigraphy cannot avoid this kind of reasoning, if it insists on using only temporal concepts, because circularity is inherent in the derivation of time scales.”(O’Rourke, J.E.,“Pragmatism Versus Materialism in Stratigraphy,” American Journal of Science, vol. 276, 1976, p. 53)(emphasis mine)

When a date is assigned to a fossil, it is also very important to pick the “correct” date. There are dates that are already accepted by evolutionists, and the date of a new fossil has to fit so as to not disrupt what has already been decided.

The classic situation of the problems with dating a fossil was the dating of fossil skull KNM-ER 1470. It took ten years for scientists to agree on the age of one skull.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3183 Apr 16, 2013
KJV wrote:
The next proof
Not so fast, there bub!

You ignored my posts, where I refuted 100% of your "proof".

So we can presume that ALL of your prior posts are false, then?

Since you did not even put up a counter-argument, we presume it's given, that you are wrong?

Okay.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3184 Apr 16, 2013
KJV wrote:
How Fossils are Dated
Contrary to popular belief, the dating of fossils is very subjective and arbitrary.
Nope.

Again, you lie.

Proof you are LYING?

Here: http://www.talkorigins.org/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 48 min Frindly 4,961
Where have all the Atheists gone? (Apr '17) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 130
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) 1 hr NW Jade 1,194
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr ChristineM 4,003
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Frindly 83,817
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 5 hr Frindly 3,222
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... 18 hr Eagle 12 - 15
More from around the web