Noah's flood real
2%

United States

#2785 Mar 10, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>No living human has ever seen a flood as described in the Bible but that doesn't stop many of them asserting that it really happened.

Neither does it stop them pointing to a geological feature like the Grand Canyon and claiming it is evidence of the same flood.

I guess you don't do that.

Good for you.
At least the flood on earth was documented by living humans at the the time of the flood. I've not read any eye witness accounts for a flood on mars. If you know of any please point them out.
I would love to read it.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#2786 Mar 10, 2013
[QUOTE who="2%"]<quoted text>
At least the flood on earth was documented by living humans at the the time of the flood. I've not read any eye witness accounts for a flood on mars. If you know of any please point them out.
I would love to read it.[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends which particular flood was documented.

The point I was making was more to do with the Grand Canyon.

Most YECs I've come across believe that something as large as the Grand Canyon could only have been created by a catastrophic worldwide flood.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2787 Mar 10, 2013
[QUOTE who="2%"]<quoted text>
Ahhh the Pi thing.
" Once in Indiana. Although the attempt to legislate pi was ultimately unsuccessful, it did come pretty close. In 1897 Representative T.I. Record of Posen county introduced House Bill #246 in the Indiana House of Representatives. The bill, based on the work of a physician and amateur mathematician named Edward J. Goodwin (Edwin in some accounts), suggests not one but three numbers for pi, among them 3.2, as we shall see. The punishment for unbelievers I have not been able to learn, but I place no credence in the rumor that you had to spend the rest of your natural life in Indiana.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, and Indiana has been a laughing stock over this since that time.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#2788 Mar 10, 2013
Die we?

Any chance you can say that again in English KJV, 2% and all the other screen names you use?
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"No living human has ever seen a flood as described in the Bible..."
Now there
is an earth
shaking
comment :-)
Discover this on your own, die we?
Keep posting!
Lincoln

United States

#2789 Mar 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Die we?
Any chance you can say that again in English KJV, 2% and all the other screen names you use?
<quoted text>
Lincoln is it.

You seem troubled by your lack of control over others?
Peace

Scottsburg, IN

#2790 Mar 10, 2013
I know! Those corn farmers dropped the ball that time!
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and Indiana has been a laughing stock over this since that time.
Givemelibberty

United States

#2791 Mar 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Die we?

I should be elected King because I have A Johnson I can use for a belt and a tie at the same time.

Scottsburg, IN

#2792 Mar 10, 2013
Well I am honest enough to state my stance on issues unlike....
Givemelibberty wrote:
<quoted text>
I should be elected King because I have A Johnson I can use for a belt and a tie at the same time.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2793 Mar 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I know! Those corn farmers dropped the ball that time!
<quoted text>
Most legislators know little or nothing about math or science. So they take the word of those they think are experts. In this case, they accepted the word of someone who was completely unqualified. To be fair, once actual mathematicians pointed out the flaws, the bill was tabled.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2794 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"Godbot" comments do no credit to the intelligence of atheists but may reveal the tone of the poster ?
Our intellegence level, is already established(collectively of course).

"Tone" again? It "may reveal the tone"? Big whoop! And geez what a dimwit you are.

Think, think, think, challenge us with something new, anything new!
The same old, same old god bot routine is boring

Scottsburg, IN

#2795 Mar 10, 2013
There was that senator who told Bill Maher that you didn't have to understand science to be a senator.

Wow just wow.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most legislators know little or nothing about math or science. So they take the word of those they think are experts. In this case, they accepted the word of someone who was completely unqualified. To be fair, once actual mathematicians pointed out the flaws, the bill was tabled.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2796 Mar 10, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
You're spot on; that's exactly what they do.
Their arguments are so weak they lack the fortitude to stand their ground - which explains why the vast majority of them are unregistered and posting under a variety of different names.
And they never can tell, how we know this.

:D
Givemelibberty

United States

#2797 Mar 11, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Die we?

Try and keep up
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#2798 Mar 11, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
...Their arguments are so weak they lack the fortitude to stand their ground - which explains why the vast majority of them are unregistered and posting under a variety of different names.
I think I've counted three religionists who deny having religious faith but defend it for all they're worth. That's not just weak it's disingenuous or downright dishonest. It seems to be a relatively new phenomenon. They aren't worth engaging with in my opinion.

We need to bear in mind some may be children or have some mental issue, but most just seem to be nuts.

(Did you hear Ed Miliband trying to defend child mutilation of British children? Quote, "These are important traditions … ways of life must be preserved")
http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2013/03/sec...

(How'd you like Ed Miliband for PM and Ed Balls in the Exchequer?:-)
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#2799 Mar 11, 2013
It makes a mockery of the PM's pledge of £35m to stop FGM. Ending child abuse should be bigger than party politics.

In New York recently, orthodox jewish grandparents required a dead baby to be circumcised before it was buried. Mad buggers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-216... (read last line)
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I think I've counted three religionists who deny having religious faith but defend it for all they're worth. That's not just weak it's disingenuous or downright dishonest. It seems to be a relatively new phenomenon. They aren't worth engaging with in my opinion.
We need to bear in mind some may be children or have some mental issue, but most just seem to be nuts.
(Did you hear Ed Miliband trying to defend child mutilation of British children? Quote, "These are important traditions … ways of life must be preserved")
http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2013/03/sec...
(How'd you like Ed Miliband for PM and Ed Balls in the Exchequer?:-)

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2800 Mar 12, 2013
[QUOTE who="2%"]<quoted text>So there is flooding going on, "still" on Mar? Or you're making this SH!t up?[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to this children.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#2801 Mar 12, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>No living human has ever seen a flood as described in the Bible but that doesn't stop many of them asserting that it really happened.

Neither does it stop them pointing to a geological feature like the Grand Canyon and claiming it is evidence of the same flood.

I guess you don't do that.

Good for you.
"No living human has ever seen a flood as described in the Bible but that doesn't stop many of them asserting that it really happened."

Wrong- try Noah
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#2802 Mar 12, 2013
OK, I'll try Noah.

Noah, you are found guilty of sycophancy, and guilty of being an accessory to genocide.

Your sentences shall run consecutively.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"No living human has ever seen a flood as described in the Bible but that doesn't stop many of them asserting that it really happened."
Wrong- try Noah

Langoliers

Location hidden

#2803 Mar 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>OK, I'll try Noah.

Noah, you are found guilty of sycophancy, and guilty of being an accessory to genocide.

Your sentences shall run consecutively.
You judging Noah! Now that's a laugh.

Remember Noah warned all what was coming and like you they all laughed.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#2804 Mar 12, 2013
Oi fatty yellow trousers.

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You judging Noah! Now that's a laugh.
Remember Noah warned all what was coming and like you they all laughed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 min Simon 93,378
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... Fri blacklagoon 3 78
News American Atheists terminates its president over... Fri Eagle 12 - 19
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Apr 14 blacklagoon 3 4,141
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News The Anti-Christian Movement Apr 10 blacklagoon 3 11
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) Apr 9 Wisdom of Ages 6,048