<quoted text>"I so I"

jesus culting christ you're thick.

[pi]
You don't know what Pi is?
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

#2740 Mar 6, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Don't confuse sin with what is right and wrong.

Sin is self induced nonsense.
Yes it is. Self induced concept made by God. Enjoy your day in the Sun before you are in the Sun.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#2742 Mar 6, 2013
Billy Bob Gramm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is. Self induced concept made by God. Enjoy your day in the Sun before you are in the Sun.
So you worship Ra.

A bit old school.....

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2743 Mar 6, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is Pi, and nothing you can write can be closer to the real number that is Pi then 3. This can be proven.
Wrong. The number 3.14 is closer to pi than 3 is. The number 3.141592635389793 is even closer. The difference between pi and 3 is more than .14. The difference between pi and 3.14 is less than .002.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#2744 Mar 6, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I so I don't know what Pi is?
LOL
List Pi or at least the number you use when calculating. Not too tough.
By some of the things you say, you clearly don't understand what a decimal expansion means. It is not a list. When you ask to 'list pi', you are showing a great deal of ignorance of basic mathematics.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#2745 Mar 6, 2013
Billy Bob Gramm wrote:
<quoted text>
The smallest strictly positive root of the sine function.

Alternatively, twice the smallest positive root of the cosine function.

Alternatively, 4 times the integral from 0 to 1 of sqrt(1-x^2).

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#2746 Mar 6, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"OH hell we can round it up or down and it will be OK"
Feel free to list the number you use for Pi. Lets show off your incredible high IQ.
Once again, when you ask to 'list' a number, you are showing a lack of understanding. For example, you don't 'list' 1/3. The decimal expansion of 1/3 is .333.. with the 3 repeating. This gives a well-defined number. The decimal expansion *means* a certain infinite sum, in this case .3+.03+.003+.0003+... The numbers .3 .33 .333 and .3333 are *approximations* to that infinite sum.

In exactly the same way, pi can be written as an infinite sum
pi=4/1 - 4/3 + 4/5 - 4/7 + 4/9 - 4/11+-...

What approximation I use depends on how close I want my answer to be. If I only want a very general ball-park answer, I will approximate pi by 3 or 22/7. If I want a more accurate answer for use in physics, I would typically use 3.14159 (more accuracy is rarely needed in physics, but when it is I add on a few more decimal places). But *none* of these are 'listing' the number pi. None of them are exact answers. They are *all* approximations.

But this is irrelevant to the original question:

If a circular vat is 10 cubits in diameter, what is its circumference to the nearest cubit?
KJV

United States

#2747 Mar 6, 2013
How about back to the topic!

The real world wide flood!
KJV

United States

#2748 Mar 6, 2013
"‘There is no sight on earth which matches Grand Canyon. There are other canyons, other mountains and other rivers, but this Canyon excels all in scenic grandeur. Can any visitor, upon viewing Grand Canyon, grasp and appreciate the spectacle spread before him? The ornate sculpture work and the wealth of color are like no other landscape. They suggest an alien world. The scale is too outrageous. The sheer size and majesty engulf the intruder, surpassing his ability to take it in.’1
Anyone who has stood on the rim and looked down into Grand Canyon would readily echo these words as one’s breath is taken away with the sheer magnitude of the spectacle. The Canyon stretches for 277 miles (446 kilometres) through northern Arizona, attains a depth of more than 1 mile (1.6 kilometres), and ranges from 4 miles (6.4 kilometres) to 18 miles (29 kilometres) in width. In the walls of the Canyon can be seen flat-lying rock layers that were once sand, mud or lime. Now hardened, they look like pages of a giant book as they stretch uniformly right through the Canyon and underneath the plateau country to the north and south and deeper to the east."
KJV

United States

#2750 Mar 6, 2013
by Laurence D Smart B.Sc.Agr., Dip.Ed., Grad.Dip.Ed

Email: laurence@unmaskingevolution.co m

Webpage: www.unmaskingevolution.com

[Free to print and distribute. Copy must be in full.]

In the past, scientists largely dismissed Noah's flood as a myth, or a local flood, as it was believed that there could not have been enough rainwater to cover the world as high as Mount Everest. Recent discoveries in plate tectonics and crustal physics have shown that a much flatter Earth could have easily been flooded, with the resultant volcanic and geologic activity altering the land surface. These details have demolished the main argument against a global flood, but the tag of "local flood" has remained because atheists do not want any evidence that supports the existence of an Almighty, Creator/God.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#2751 Mar 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
How about back to the topic!
The real world wide flood!
That's easy, it didn't happen.

Next.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#2752 Mar 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
"‘There is no sight on earth which matches Grand Canyon. There are other canyons, other mountains and other rivers, but this Canyon excels all in scenic grandeur. Can any visitor, upon viewing Grand Canyon, grasp and appreciate the spectacle spread before him? The ornate sculpture work and the wealth of color are like no other landscape. They suggest an alien world. The scale is too outrageous. The sheer size and majesty engulf the intruder, surpassing his ability to take it in.’1
Anyone who has stood on the rim and looked down into Grand Canyon would readily echo these words as one’s breath is taken away with the sheer magnitude of the spectacle. The Canyon stretches for 277 miles (446 kilometres) through northern Arizona, attains a depth of more than 1 mile (1.6 kilometres), and ranges from 4 miles (6.4 kilometres) to 18 miles (29 kilometres) in width. In the walls of the Canyon can be seen flat-lying rock layers that were once sand, mud or lime. Now hardened, they look like pages of a giant book as they stretch uniformly right through the Canyon and underneath the plateau country to the north and south and deeper to the east."
A quote with no citation.

NEXT.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#2753 Mar 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
In the past, scientists largely dismissed Noah's flood as a myth, or a local flood, as it was believed that there could not have been enough rainwater to cover the world as high as Mount Everest. Recent discoveries in plate tectonics and crustal physics have shown that a much flatter Earth could have easily been flooded, with the resultant volcanic and geologic activity altering the land surface. These details have demolished the main argument against a global flood, but the tag of "local flood" has remained because atheists do not want any evidence that supports the existence of an Almighty, Creator/God.
More creationist BS.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#2754 Mar 6, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to believe that there are non sinners on earth!
Then why did the flood end? Was Noah sin free? Were the animals sinners as well?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#2755 Mar 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
Your point being?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#2756 Mar 6, 2013
KJV wrote:
Flights of fancy.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#2757 Mar 7, 2013
Of course I know what pi is. Don't you?
Billy Bob Gramm wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2758 Mar 8, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. The number 3.14 is closer to pi than 3 is. The number 3.141592635389793 is even closer. The difference between pi and 3 is more than .14. The difference between pi and 3.14 is less than .002.
Wrong

The number you did not include are the same about of numbers I left off.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2759 Mar 8, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Then why did the flood end? Was Noah sin free? Were the animals sinners as well?
Read the book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 42 min Richardfs 166
God' existence 2 hr polymath257 84
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 233,055
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 hr serfs up 2,606
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr J RULES 23,239
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 6 hr Mikko 5
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr Mikko 1,452
More from around the web