Noah's flood real

Posted in the Atheism Forum

Comments (Page 122)

Showing posts 2,421 - 2,440 of4,522
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2610
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
...... Is equal to Pi?
Yes, pi is exactly equal to that infinite sum. Even you should be able to see the pattern in the terms.
I don't think so. List the number Pi.
One does not 'list' a number. Pi is pi. It is equal to the infinite sum I gave above. There are several other characterizations of it. A decimal expansion is only one way of many. And it isn't even msuch a good way.
If my answer is incorrect you supply the exact number for Pi.
I did. Pi is exactly equal to the infinite sum
pi=4*(1 - 1/3 + 1/5 - 1/7 + 1/ 9 ---)
You can? Didn't think you could. In fact no matter what you give as Pi your number of digits you leave off will be the same as the number of digits I left off using just the number 3.
Prove me wrong.
Decimal expansions are not the only way to define a number.
Thinking

Staines, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2611
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Sound of polymath's aeroplane whooshing over Langoliers' head...
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, pi is exactly equal to that infinite sum. Even you should be able to see the pattern in the terms.
<quoted text>
One does not 'list' a number. Pi is pi. It is equal to the infinite sum I gave above. There are several other characterizations of it. A decimal expansion is only one way of many. And it isn't even msuch a good way.
<quoted text>
I did. Pi is exactly equal to the infinite sum
pi=4*(1 - 1/3 + 1/5 - 1/7 + 1/ 9 ---)
<quoted text>
Decimal expansions are not the only way to define a number.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2612
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

That's what you gotta love about polymath! That Christhole is scratching his balding head getting even redder in the cheeks because he is totally lost but saying to himself... But..but... But the bible is always right da-hur!
Thinking wrote:
Sound of polymath's aeroplane whooshing over Langoliers' head...
<quoted text>

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2613
Feb 28, 2013
 
Thinking wrote:
Sound of polymath's aeroplane whooshing over Langoliers' head...
<quoted text>
Sonic boom!
Thinking

Staines, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2614
Feb 28, 2013
 
Langoliers is so achingly dumb. I remember using the series described by Polymath at school. It really shouldn't be so difficult for Langoliers to get it.
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Sonic boom!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2615
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm still trying to get out of this Klein bottle.
I'm going to have a Boston Cream torus.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2616
Feb 28, 2013
 
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to have a Boston Cream torus.
EULERn much eating them?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2617
Feb 28, 2013
 
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>No, actually, what I wrote is *exactly* equal to pi.
.........?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2618
Feb 28, 2013
 
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, pi is exactly equal to that infinite sum. Even you should be able to see the pattern in the terms.

[QUOTE]I don't think so. List the number Pi."

One does not 'list' a number. Pi is pi. It is equal to the infinite sum I gave above. There are several other characterizations of it. A decimal expansion is only one way of many. And it isn't even msuch a good way.

[QUOTE]If my answer is incorrect you supply the exact number for Pi."

I did. Pi is exactly equal to the infinite sum
pi=4*(1 - 1/3 + 1/5 - 1/7 + 1/ 9 ---)

[QUOTE]You can? Didn't think you could. In fact no matter what you give as Pi your number of digits you leave off will be the same as the number of digits I left off using just the number 3.
Prove me wrong. "

Decimal expansions are not the only way to define a number.
List it all.

Or admit that 3 is also a form of Pi

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2619
Feb 28, 2013
 
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Sound of polymath's aeroplane whooshing over Langoliers' head...
Don't stand on the side lines cracking poor joke, list Pi

I'll wait.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2620
Feb 28, 2013
 
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
List it all.
Or admit that 3 is also a form of Pi
No, it is NOT a 'form' of pi any more than 2 is a 'form' of 2.1. It is a particularly poor approximation. What I gave is an exact formula. It happens to be an infinite sum with a specific pattern. But that infinite sum is *exactly* equal to pi.

You don't list a number. You can give a decimal expansion. You can give a continued fraction expansion. You can give a series expansion. None of those are lists.

Perhaps you should learn some basic math.

Oh, by the way, what is the circumference of a vat that is 10 cubits across? You can give your answer to the nearest cubit if you want.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2621
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't stand on the side lines cracking poor joke, list Pi
I'll wait.
Here is a list of pi:

[pi]

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2622
Feb 28, 2013
 
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
.........?
Yes. Do the infinite sum and you get pi exactly.
Thinking

Staines, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2623
Feb 28, 2013
 
Keep waiting, cuntard.

4 *(1 - 1/3 + 1/5 - 1/7 + 1/9 ...) is pi. People were doing this in the 1600s. If you're thicker than people in the 1600s, keep complaining.

I can show you how to do the first thousand iterations in something as shabby as Excel if you really care.

More here: www.geom.uiuc.edu/~huberty/math5337/groupe/ex...

If you don't like pi not being exactly 3, go tell your god off for being so awkward.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't stand on the side lines cracking poor joke, list Pi
I'll wait.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2624
Feb 28, 2013
 
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it is NOT a 'form' of pi any more than 2 is a 'form' of 2.1. It is a particularly poor approximation. What I gave is an exact formula. It happens to be an infinite sum with a specific pattern. But that infinite sum is *exactly* equal to pi.

You don't list a number. You can give a decimal expansion. You can give a continued fraction expansion. You can give a series expansion. None of those are lists.

Perhaps you should learn some basic math.

Oh, by the way, what is the circumference of a vat that is 10 cubits across? You can give your answer to the nearest cubit if you want.
List the number Pi not an equation.

You do know the number that is Pi?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2625
Feb 28, 2013
 
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Here is a list of pi:

[pi]
Not

Having fun with this silly stuff?

Just list Pi

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2626
Feb 28, 2013
 
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. Do the infinite sum and you get pi exactly.
Again not listing it all.

In fact you left an infinite number off.
Just like my 3.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2627
Feb 28, 2013
 
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Keep waiting, cuntard.

4 *(1 - 1/3 + 1/5 - 1/7 + 1/9 ...) is pi. People were doing this in the 1600s. If you're thicker than people in the 1600s, keep complaining.

I can show you how to do the first thousand iterations in something as shabby as Excel if you really care.

More here: www.geom.uiuc.edu/~huberty/math5337/groupe/ex...

If you don't like pi not being exactly 3, go tell your god off for being so awkward.
Standing back and watching you and SZ dancing together. Reminds me of Bozo the clown dancing with Charlie Chapman.

Still waiting for the exact number of Pi.

Shug""""
Thinking

Staines, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2628
Mar 1, 2013
 
[pi]
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Not
Having fun with this silly stuff?
Just list Pi

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2629
Mar 1, 2013
 
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>[pi]
I'll make it easy for this little one.

Is Pi an odd or even number?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,421 - 2,440 of4,522
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 5 min Carchar king 42
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 10 min Buck Crick 21,333
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min CunningLinguist 223,103
Why do i deserve no respect. 6 hr Carchar king 7
Introducing The Universal Religion Wed NightSerf 718
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed ChristineM 802
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) Wed Buck Crick 324
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••