Noah's flood real

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#2575 Feb 25, 2013
Early Christians were killed for saying that Jesus was not only god but the same god of Abraham which upset the Jews. Had they not done this they would have mostly been ignored.
Yellowknightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
The one instistuted by Yahweh is the only real one.
The jews worshipped yahweh but they also began worshipping false gods and doing things that were against his laws.
He pleaded with them to repent the only time they actually repented was when they were introuble but they still sacrificed and had male prostitutes in his temple... So once he sent his son through their bloodline the mosaic law and them being his people were abolished.
If you read the bible it is clear that Jehovah(YAHWEH)soverinty was questioned so in order to fix things. Satan challanged Gods authority claiming that he could turn all humans against him and that humans only will worship yahweh for the things he gives them.
offcourse Satan is a liar and is misleading the entire earth.All of false religion originated at the tower of babel is mesopatamia. When God split up the languages, each family speaking that languaged moved but they kept worhipping the same gods.
All countries have story of the flood.
for example the chinese character for boat is 8 people in a vessel surviving a flood. if The flood never happened then why would every country have storied about it ?
That would mean that one point our ancestors were together at one point and split up at one point.
the bible is science,It has a study group,it analyzes and its proven true. the bible was written is ancient hebrew aramic and Greek. Many english words do not exist in ancient hebrew and greek.
for example dinosaur is an english word but in the bible it describes them as sea monsters (sea meaning great) monster( meaning giant reptile)
another example the greek word hale means grave.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#2576 Feb 25, 2013
The number pi is a mathematical constant that is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me the number for Pi if you claim my number is wrong.
Waiting!
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#2577 Feb 25, 2013
It's PhD, not PHD, you fuckwit.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
And no it's not POS it's PHD.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2578 Feb 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>The number pi is a mathematical constant that is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter.
Give me the number not its meaning or what it's used for.

Really dancing here aren't you.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#2579 Feb 26, 2013
No- but you're a thick post changing cu*t.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>

Langoliers

Location hidden

#2580 Feb 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>No- but you're a thick post changing cu*t.
STFU then.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#2581 Feb 26, 2013
Thanks for accepting you're a post changing cu*t.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU then.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#2582 Feb 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>You know i'm a post changing cu*t.
Yup.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#2583 Feb 26, 2013
Post changing is all you've got.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#2584 Feb 27, 2013
Yellowknightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
The one instistuted by Yahweh is the only real one.
The jews worshipped yahweh but they also began worshipping false gods and doing things that were against his laws.
He pleaded with them to repent the only time they actually repented was when they were introuble but they still sacrificed and had male prostitutes in his temple... So once he sent his son through their bloodline the mosaic law and them being his people were abolished.
If you read the bible it is clear that Jehovah(YAHWEH)soverinty was questioned so in order to fix things. Satan challanged Gods authority claiming that he could turn all humans against him and that humans only will worship yahweh for the things he gives them.
offcourse Satan is a liar and is misleading the entire earth.All of false religion originated at the tower of babel is mesopatamia. When God split up the languages, each family speaking that languaged moved but they kept worhipping the same gods.
All countries have story of the flood.
for example the chinese character for boat is 8 people in a vessel surviving a flood. if The flood never happened then why would every country have storied about it ?
That would mean that one point our ancestors were together at one point and split up at one point.
the bible is science,It has a study group,it analyzes and its proven true. the bible was written is ancient hebrew aramic and Greek. Many english words do not exist in ancient hebrew and greek.
for example dinosaur is an english word but in the bible it describes them as sea monsters (sea meaning great) monster( meaning giant reptile)
another example the greek word hale means grave.
If any of that bull was even remotely true then:-
Why are there 30000+ gods, 38000+ christian cults, 30-40 versions of the bibull and 4 billion hindi gods, which one is real? Why are there so many mistakes in the bibull?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2586 Feb 27, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
pi=4*(1 - 1/3 + 1/5 - 1/7 + 1/9 - 1/11 + 1/13 -.......)

Alternatively, it is the smallest positive zero of the sine function.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#2587 Feb 27, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "
http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...
I see using the lower case 'g' as simply pointing out that singular gods are in the same category as pagan gods. They are all mythological.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#2588 Feb 27, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...
"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied,
Exactly. There is no real distinction, so the lower case 'g' is appropriate for all of them. No disambiguation is required.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#2589 Feb 27, 2013
I remember running the former calculation a while ago, it takes 627 iterations to get to 3.14... and stay there, mainly because of the alternating +/-.

Whereas using Fibonacci numbers to tend towards the value of the Golden Ratio gets you to 1.618... in just 13 iterations.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
pi=4*(1 - 1/3 + 1/5 - 1/7 + 1/9 - 1/11 + 1/13 -.......)

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#2590 Feb 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I remember running the former calculation a while ago, it takes 627 iterations to get to 3.14... and stay there, mainly because of the alternating +/-.
Yes, that series converges quite slowly. It certainly isn't the recommended way of calculating pi, but it does work.
Whereas using Fibonacci numbers to tend towards the value of the Golden Ratio gets you to 1.618... in just 13 iterations.
<quoted text>
The Fibonacci numbers are the continued fraction approximations to the Golden Ratio. Continued fraction expansions converge quite quickly. In fact, the Fibonacci expansion is the *slowest* one to converge.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#2591 Feb 27, 2013
When mathematicians drop acid do they have a Moebius trip?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#2592 Feb 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
When mathematicians drop acid do they have a Moebius trip?
I'm still trying to get out of this Klein bottle.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#2593 Feb 27, 2013
Dunno if'n you ppl will like dis but..

Golden Ratio Song - Numberphile

Langoliers

Location hidden

#2594 Feb 27, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>pi=4*(1 - 1/3 + 1/5 - 1/7 + 1/9 - 1/11 + 1/13 -.......)

This is no closer to Pi then what I gave.

Go Figure!

Langoliers

Location hidden

#2595 Feb 27, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>I see using the lower case 'g' as simply pointing out that singular gods are in the same category as pagan gods. They are all mythological.
It is not correct English but we're use to see very petty atheist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min Joe Fortuna 257,129
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 min ChristineM 21,394
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 8 min Eagle 12 10,336
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 50 min Into The Night 45,535
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 2 hr ChristineM 546
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Eagle 12 20,246
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 7 hr Paul WV-Uncle Sam 306
More from around the web