Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2548 Feb 22, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me your number for Pi
If you claim I'm wrong.
If you fail to answer the question with the corrected data then we will all know I'm correct.
It's not a claim it's a fact: you're wrong.

Now, just sit the f*ck down now so the men in white coats can stablise you, crazy creationist.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#2549 Feb 22, 2013
The best bit of the Bible is when God gives people free will and then kills everyone with a flood for not acting the way he wanted.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#2551 Feb 22, 2013
swerty wrote:
The best bit of the Bible is when God gives people free will and then kills everyone with a flood for not acting the way he wanted.
That's the god of the Bible for you:

A murderous, vindictive, small-minded tyrant.

Fortunately for us, he's fictional.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2552 Feb 22, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>That's the god of the Bible for you:

A murderous, vindictive, small-minded tyrant.

Fortunately for us, he's fictional.
"That's the god of the Bible for you:"

"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "

http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...

"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied, mirroring the use of Latin deus. Pronouns referring to God are also often capitalized and are traditionally in the masculine gender, i.e. "He", "Him", "His" etc.[12][13] However, some people have referred to God in feminine terms, such as "She" and "Her". "

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_ (word)

"god-– Lowercase this when used as a prefix. Examples: godchild, goddaughter, godfather, godlike, godliness, godmother, godsend, godson, godspeed. Do not hyphenate
gods and goddesses – Capitalize God and similar names of the deity of a monotheistic religion: Allah, God, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, the Son of God, the Son of Man, Yahweh. Lowercase the personal pronouns he, him, thee, they, thou, who, whose, in references to monotheistic deities. Lowercase gods andgoddesses in references to the deities of polytheistic religions, but capitalize formal names. Lowercase god in references to false gods. He made money her god."

http://www.gcsu.edu/communications/g.htm

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#2553 Feb 22, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"That's the god of the Bible for you:"
"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "
"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied, mirroring the use of Latin deus. Pronouns referring to God are also often capitalized and are traditionally in the masculine gender, i.e. "He", "Him", "His" etc.[12][13] However, some people have referred to God in feminine terms, such as "She" and "Her". "
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_ (word)
"god-– Lowercase this when used as a prefix. Examples: godchild, goddaughter, godfather, godlike, godliness, godmother, godsend, godson, godspeed. Do not hyphenate
gods and goddesses – Capitalize God and similar names of the deity of a monotheistic religion: Allah, God, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, the Son of God, the Son of Man, Yahweh. Lowercase the personal pronouns he, him, thee, they, thou, who, whose, in references to monotheistic deities. Lowercase gods andgoddesses in references to the deities of polytheistic religions, but capitalize formal names. Lowercase god in references to false gods. He made money her god."
It says a lot about you fundies that you're more offended by a lower case "g" than you are by the fact that you worship "a murderous, vindictive, small-minded tyrant."

LOL

Location hidden

#2554 Feb 22, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>It says a lot about you fundies that you're more offended by a lower case "g" than you are by the fact that you worship "a murderous, vindictive, small-minded tyrant."

LOL

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#2555 Feb 22, 2013
It tells even more that the low IQ retard has nothing to say for himself and can only copy and paste the same spam hundreds of times.
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
It says a lot about you fundies that you're more offended by a lower case "g" than you are by the fact that you worship "a murderous, vindictive, small-minded tyrant."
LOL

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#2557 Feb 22, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
spammer says what?

Location hidden

#2558 Feb 22, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>spammer says what?
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

Lexington, KY

#2560 Feb 22, 2013
You need to start actually saying something which I know is hard for you, and stop mindlessly spamming these walls of texts. You are violating topix TOS and wasting bandwidth. You will be reported from now on and face having your account and Ip banned.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"I semi-retired except for collecting and inspecting my rental properties. I live comfortably

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2561 Feb 22, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me your number for Pi
If you claim I'm wrong.
If you fail to answer the question with the corrected data then we will all know I'm correct.
Already produced above.

Now, suppose the diameter of a circular vat is 10 cubits. How far around is the vat?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#2562 Feb 22, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
Lowercase god in references to false gods.
Thanks for that

Location hidden

#2563 Feb 22, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Already produced above.

Now, suppose the diameter of a circular vat is 10 cubits. How far around is the vat?
Give me the number that is Pi or my point will be proven.

The fact is you can type out Pi in a font of 8 that could rap around the universe 1000 times and it would be no closer to the number that is Pi then my number.

Location hidden

#2564 Feb 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>You need to start actually saying something which I know is hard for you, and stop mindlessly spamming these walls of texts. You are violating topix TOS and wasting bandwidth. You will be reported from now on and face having your account and Ip banned.
Oh no!

Not my IP banned!

What's wrong big mouth?
Don't like having your lies slapped in your ugly face?

And talk about a whopper!!!

LOL

Chicago, IL

#2565 Feb 22, 2013
How have you demonstrated it was a lie? You always scamper away when asked. Regardless you are being reported and can have your account banned as well as your ip it's your account and you have been warned.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no!
Not my IP banned!
What's wrong big mouth?
Don't like having your lies slapped in your ugly face?
And talk about a whopper!!!
LOL

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2567 Feb 23, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me the number that is Pi or my point will be proven.
The fact is you can type out Pi in a font of 8 that could rap around the universe 1000 times and it would be no closer to the number that is Pi then my number.
You don't need the value of pi to know how far around a vat is that is 10 cubits across. You can simply *measure* it.

So, once again, suppose a vat is 10 cubits across. How far around is it? You can leave your answer to the nearest cubit if you want.

And, yes, the more decimal places you use, the closer the result is to pi. That is sort of the point of decimal expansions.

Location hidden

#2568 Feb 23, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't need the value of pi to know how far around a vat is that is 10 cubits across. You can simply *measure* it.

So, once again, suppose a vat is 10 cubits across. How far around is it? You can leave your answer to the nearest cubit if you want.

And, yes, the more decimal places you use, the closer the result is to pi. That is sort of the point of decimal expansions.
So once again I say to you. The vat was measured around the outside while the diameter was measured across the inside. Giving it an actual wall thickness rather then a two dimensional non existing math item.

So sad you can't get out of the class room and into the real world where items like the vat have to hold real water.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2569 Feb 23, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So once again I say to you. The vat was measured around the outside while the diameter was measured across the inside. Giving it an actual wall thickness rather then a two dimensional non existing math item.
So sad you can't get out of the class room and into the real world where items like the vat have to hold real water.
We're too busy tripping over all the fossils your god left for us to misdirect us from water vat measurement.

Location hidden

#2570 Feb 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>We're too busy tripping over all the fossils your god left for us to misdirect us from water vat measurement.
Oh ya the ones buried by the flood.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2572 Feb 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Leah you are so full of sht and you know it because you refuse to join the Jehovah witless cult and your actions speak louder than words.
So this cult taught you Christians were thrown to the lions because they didn't celebrate the winter solstice? Lmfao! Wrong! Jews didn't celebrate that and they weren't punished for it. Christians were punished for causing trouble, standing on the streets screaming at people to convert to their god because the end was nigh. Armageddon was coming any day now. But worse they stated their god and only their god was true and that he was the god of Abraham that the Jews worshipped. This is what brought the heat on them, not because of not celebrating winter solstice which you have no proof that they didn't celebrate winter solstice. All you have is what the cult taught you to believe. The same cult that thought it was a great idea to plaster Egyptian religious symbols all over their propaganda and the founder Taze Russell a known con man designed his grave site to rejoice in Egyptian religious symbols.
Get real Leah there is a reason you refuse to join them.
<quoted text>
Why don't you read about the romans. They worshipped their own Gods and the christians did not go along with their rituals so they persecuted them. You can read this anywhere, many of the first century christians were thrown into the arenas.

jW are not a cult, they are christians. Read about jesus, and his deciples.

The reason i am not christian is because i don't follow bible principles.

Cult? lol you are in a cult,and so is the majority of people on this earth. Our society is entrenched in worship that came from ancient gods.
valentines day, birthdays,christmas,halloween, easter, new years , etc our months,days etc lol

all the gods that ancient humans worshiped, the majorrity of humans worship them unknowingly. The same rituals are used and their even on our fashion trends.

my name is bernadette , I studied with JW and to be honest with you, they are true christians.

They read and go exactly by the bible. I am not christians because im not ready.
jW is not cult religion looking for members they Go door to door because thats what jesus did. Jesus warned the jews that the romans were going to attack and he also warned about our day when religion is going to be destroyed.

This is not some imaginary story the signs that we are in this time period are happening now.

I keep showing you scriptures from the bible but all keep saying is the bible is a cult lol.

if atheist do not believe in a god why do they worship them?
If you are saying that people who believe in the bible are in cults why do you follow cultic pratices that orginate from ancient gods?
You are apart of a cult and you do not know it.people still continue to worship the same gods that their ancestors worshiped.

If their was no God, humans would not feel the need to worship a god.

J.w go by the bible. It is no rituals or traditions involved in it.
The only cults i see are those who those who celebrate and participate holidays that havenothing to do with jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min Dave Nelson 230,102
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 43 min Thinking 1,403
Islam for peace, or violence? 55 min Thinking 52
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Thinking 1,061
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr love_spell 22,997
Man center of the universe. 7 hr hpcaban 88
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 7 hr hpcaban 4

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE