Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes and the entire Jesus myth in the bible was stolen from the same pagan gods. The entire thing. Saying amen at the end of a prayer is a praise to the Egyptian god Amen Ra.
I bet your cult magazine the watchtower left that info out didn't it?
Speaking of pagan go look at the grave of Taze Russell the founder of the JW cult. It doesn't look very Christian does it? More like a Horus worshipper.
<quoted text>
amen means it shall be done it has nothing to with an egyptian God.

Russell was just aman who studied the bible andwanted to understand the real meaning of it. no one worshipped russell they were all just bible students..

the difference between Jehovah witnesses and other christian denominationsthat when they find error they correct it whille the other denominatiins do not..

im aware that the watchtowers used tonhave egyptian signs the magazine but when did more reseaech they corrected.

they also use to celebrate holidays but they corrected that also.

if you read the bible , Jesus and his deciples and the first century christians did the exact same thing as Jehovahs witnesses...

Isaih 43:10 10 “YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah,“even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. 11 I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”

i think is very interesting that acknowledge Gods name. The king james had the name inside up until the 90s when the religious leaders declared it was to confusing for people..

im not jehovah witness but when i studied with them i could see that they going exactly by the bible ..
they do the exact thing jesus was doing...
the original christians were not liked
because they didnt participate in the roman festivals,worship or the pegan traditions we see today.

Thr majority of christendom goes by man made traditions that have nothing to do the bible but everything to do with themselves.

Jesus was real, so was pontius pilate and ceasar the two princes named in jeremiah 38:1 were found on coins in the excavation of jerusalem.

the bible was composed over long period of time. the bible mentions so many human behaviors and traits,

im 100% sure the bible prophecies are going to happen..

they are happening now. look at society as whole and how degraded its gotten.

we have always had crime and corruption but now its on grand scale.

atheist really do not have to do all protestingd about religion because the bible fortells its end.
The U.N is going to end it.

it will happen out nowhere and it shock people.
all the bible does is warn people its not here make ppl serve God.

Human rule has not brought us happiness,
if it wasnt for Jesus humans would have killed themselves a long time ago .

Our world is corrupt.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Bollocks.
Yellowknightmare wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Sorry but amen has it's roots traced back to the Egyptian god Ra.

Taze Russell was a conman who sold miracle wheat! Lmfao!

Your cult used to think putting Egyptian symbols all over it's propaganda was a good idea? That it looked Christian? Maybe that is a clue that they never were Christian and weren't even pretending to be? Taze Russell has a pyramid and strange symbols all over his self designed memorial stone. Again it looks like a Horus worshipper's grave not a Christian.

Again why aren't you a JW since you keep drooling over their non-Christian junk?

Early Christians were not hated because they didn't participate in Hellenistic holidays! They were hates because they were standing on the street screaming how their god Jesus was not only the messiah but the god of Abraham. This infuriated the Jews, naturally and causes problems because they were condemning people of other faiths to hell.

Zero historical proof for Jesus. And just because the bible mentions real people doesn't make it's fairy tales real.

Look at society? Yes indeed it has never been better. People live longer healthier lives, education has never been better,medical advances are saving thousands of more lives per second than Jesus saves his entire life even if he existed and the bible myths were true.

But for your sales pitch it's obvious you are not buying what that JW cult is selling, hell deep inside you know they are a cult which is why you refuse to join, yes?

For over 2000 years people have been screaming about the end of the world, Christians stole that from certain Jewish sects. Hasn't happened even though the end is always nigh according to your lot.

:)
Yellowknightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Russell was just aman who studied the bible
im aware that the watchtowers used tonhave egyptian signs the magazine but when did more reseaech they corrected.
they also use to celebrate holidays but they corrected.
im not jehovah witness
because they didnt participate in the roman festivals,worship or the pegan traditions.
Jesus was real, so was pontius pilate and ceasar the two princes named in jeremiah 38:1 were found on coins in the excavation of jerusalem.
the bible was composed over long period of time.
Our world is corrupt.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Yellowknightmare wrote:
Why? The Bible has prophecies that are known to be false.

The Prophet Ezekiel predicted that Nebuchadnezzar would destroy Tyre, but he failed in his siege.

Jesus was supposed to bring about the Messianic Age, but he failed.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Pi never has and never will be 3. You're a f*cking idiot, just the same as the idiots who thought Pi was 3. Other parts of the world figured it out thousands of years before you idiots wrote that rubbish down.
Ok Dolt list Pi I bet you can't get any closer more less.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Sorry but amen has it's roots traced back to the Egyptian god Ra.

:)
<quoted text>
1 century Christians did not worship jesus,You are mistaken.
Matthew 28 :19'20 "Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded &#8203;YOU. And, look! I am with &#8203;YOU&#8203; all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”
matthew 4:8
8 "Again the Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory,9 and he said to him:“All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.”10 Then Jesus said to him:“Go away, Satan! For it is written,‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”
the watchtower use to contain those symbols but they removed once they studied and realized that it was a part of false worship. they stopped celebrating the holidays and many other things.
The first century christians did not worship jesus,but jehovah.or yahweh.
the word amen in greek /hebrew translated in english means " so be it or " surely" . It does not orginate with an egyptian amen ra because amen ra is translated hidden.
This world is not ok, The majority in the world live in poverty.
The Goverments are terrible.
Im not JW but i know for a fact they are doing what the dirst century christians did.
In ancient rome if you did not participate in there festivals you were persecuted which is why they would throw them into the arenas.
after the 3rd it became contaminated with people who wanted people to follow them so many of them began twisting the scriptures and it became dark for a while.
this is prophesied in the bible
matth24:4 "4And in answer Jesus said to them:“Look out that nobody misleads &#8203;YOU;5for many will come on the basis of my name, saying,‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many"
1 timothy 4;1 to 4
However, the inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons,2 by the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, marked in their conscience as with a branding iron;3forbidding to marry, commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be partaken of with thanksgiving by those who have faith and accurately know the truth"
If you you read the bible it will show you how a christian is suppose to act.
"Woe to &#8203;YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because &#8203;YOU&#8203; resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men’s bones and of every sort of uncleanness.28In that way &#8203;YOU&#8203; also, outwardly indeed, appear righteous to men, but inside &#8203;YOU&#8203; are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
matt 23 "Woe to &#8203;YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because &#8203;YOU&#8203; resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men’s bones and of every sort of uncleanness.28In that way &#8203;YOU&#8203; also, outwardly indeed, appear righteous to men, but inside &#8203;YOU&#8203; are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness."
The romans persucted christians because many of the goverment leaders participated cult like rituals.
Roman religion revolved around traditions many gods
They only decided to legalize christianity once they combined the false teachings and mixed them.
Which is why today we have holidays,idol worship etc...
true christians did not participate in the cultic practices of the romans

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? The Bible has prophecies that are known to be false.
The Prophet Ezekiel predicted that Nebuchadnezzar would destroy Tyre, but he failed in his siege.
Jesus was supposed to bring about the Messianic Age, but he failed.
Nebuchadnezzar did siege Tyre, Babylon did invade tyre.
jesus is the messianic reign.. he is reigning now.

Jesus is Gods son, he was not going to return in flesh but in spirit. the sign of his rulling is now.

Jesus's angelic name is Micheal the arch angel the head of all angels.. He was Gods first creation.

"For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another.8All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.

Mattheww 24 "9“Then people will deliver &#8203;YOU&#8203; up to tribulation and will kill &#8203;YOU, and &#8203;YOU&#8203; will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name.10Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another.11And many false prophets will arise and mislead many;1 2and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off.13But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved.14And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come."

revelation 12:9 "And war broke out in heaven: Mi&#8242;cha&#8231;el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled8but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven.9So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him."

The last days are significant because jesus or Michael is reigning and the first thing he did was kick satan and demons out from heaven and confined to the earth.

They are waiting there judgment and because this they are angry knowing that they have short period of time.

You cannot see them but you see them through actions and over all personality of this world.

1 john 2;15 "Do not be loving either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him;16 because everything in the world—the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the showy display of one’s means of life—does not originate with the Father, but originates with the world. "

Jesus already came down to the earth, If you read the bible, satan challanged Gods authority to rule, Satan challanged that he could turn every human against him.god let satan proves his case but offcouse satan has failed.. He has had a time period from adam and eve to today but he has failed.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Leah you are so full of sht and you know it because you refuse to join the Jehovah witless cult and your actions speak louder than words.

So this cult taught you Christians were thrown to the lions because they didn't celebrate the winter solstice? Lmfao! Wrong! Jews didn't celebrate that and they weren't punished for it. Christians were punished for causing trouble, standing on the streets screaming at people to convert to their god because the end was nigh. Armageddon was coming any day now. But worse they stated their god and only their god was true and that he was the god of Abraham that the Jews worshipped. This is what brought the heat on them, not because of not celebrating winter solstice which you have no proof that they didn't celebrate winter solstice. All you have is what the cult taught you to believe. The same cult that thought it was a great idea to plaster Egyptian religious symbols all over their propaganda and the founder Taze Russell a known con man designed his grave site to rejoice in Egyptian religious symbols.

Get real Leah there is a reason you refuse to join them.
Yellowknightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
1 century Christians did not worship jesus,You are mistaken.
the watchtower use to contain those symbols but they removed once they studied and realized that it was a part of false.
the word amen in greek /hebrew translated in english means " so be it or " surely" . It does not orginate with an egyptian amen ra because amen ra is translated hidden.
In ancient rome if you did not participate in there festivals you were persecuted which is why they would throw them into the arenas.
They only decided to legalize christianity once they combined the false teachings and mixed them.
true christians did not participate in the cultic practices of the romans

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Pi never has and never will be 3. You're a f*cking idiot, just the same as the idiots who thought Pi was 3. Other parts of the world figured it out thousands of years before you idiots wrote that rubbish down.
I told it that days ago but you know what godbots are like they never learn.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Yellowknightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Nebuchadnezzar did siege Tyre, Babylon did invade tyre.
Nebuchadnezzar's siege failed. He never got inside the city. The prophecy fails.
Yellowknightmare wrote:
jesus is the messianic reign.. he is reigning now.
The Messianic Age is an era of world peace and religious understanding. Jesus didn't bring that. He failed.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Yellowknightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Russell was just aman who studied the bible andwanted to understand the real meaning of it. no one worshipped russell they were all just bible students..
the difference between Jehovah witnesses and other christian denominationsthat when they find error they correct it whille the other denominatiins do not..
they also use to celebrate holidays but they corrected that also.
if you read the bible , Jesus and his deciples and the first century christians did the exact same thing as Jehovahs witnesses...
Isaih 43:10 10 “YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah,“even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. 11 I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”
i think is very interesting that acknowledge Gods name. The king james had the name inside up until the 90s when the religious leaders declared it was to confusing for people..
im not jehovah witness but when i studied with them i could see that they going exactly by the bible ..
they do the exact thing jesus was doing...
because they didnt participate in the roman festivals,worship or the pegan traditions we see today.
Thr majority of christendom goes by man made traditions that have nothing to do the bible but everything to do with themselves.
the bible was composed over long period of time. the bible mentions so many human behaviors and traits,
atheist really do not have to do all protestingd about religion because the bible fortells its end.
The U.N is going to end it.
it will happen out nowhere and it shock people.
all the bible does is warn people its not here make ppl serve God.
Human rule has not brought us happiness,
if it wasnt for Jesus humans would have killed themselves a long time ago .
Our world is corrupt.
All religion is a man made tradition, why do you think there are so many?
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
All religion is a man made tradition, why do you think there are so many?
And yet atheism is inspired by malevolence

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>Ok Dolt list Pi I bet you can't get any closer more less.
Note the crickets from Septic.
LOL
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Non sequitur. I don't find you inspiring in the slightest.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you are the one who comes here spewing hate and vitriol with every post.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Dolt list Pi I bet you can't get any closer more less.
What is pi (3.14) rounded to the nearest whole number?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

What is pi (~3.14)

or

What is pi (3.14...)

would be more correct.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
What is pi (3.14) rounded to the nearest whole number?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
What is pi (~3.14)
or
What is pi (3.14...)
would be more correct.
<quoted text>
The complete number is not needed for rounding purposes. I could have just used 3.1 instead of 3.14. It is a horse a piece.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Writing "pi (3.14)" is wrong.

Writing "pi (~3.14)" or "pi (3.14...)" is not.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>The complete number is not needed for rounding purposes. I could have just used 3.1 instead of 3.14. It is a horse a piece.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Writing "pi (3.14)" is wrong.
Writing "pi (~3.14)" or "pi (3.14...)" is not.
<quoted text>
Either way, what do you get when you round it to the nearest whole number ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Stilgar Fifrawi 224,067
Our world came from nothing? 41 min Charchar king 192
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 51 min religionisillness 834
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 52 min religionisillness 361
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Magyar 101 21,383
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 6 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 6 hr Patrick 3
•••
•••