“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#2423 Feb 9, 2013
Yellowknightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
a cult lol ...hahahahah.. so to you the bible is a cult ?
The fisrt century christians didnt celebrate holidays , they preached, they didnt getninvolved in politics they were peaceble and they were heavily persecuted..
i said i studied with them i never said i was christian.
You sir do not believe in the bible. if you look at first century christians then look at Jehovahs witness they are basically identically as far as what their teachings being bible based..
if they were a cult then they would not go by the bible..they would have a totally different book.
its looking a real dollar and a fake one..if you study the real thing you can recognize a false one when you see it.
in like manner if you studied the bible you would know.
all you do is make assumptions from your point of view which is not correct because you already dislike the bible .
Yes a cult, all the other words of your post is just noise.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2424 Feb 9, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes a cult, all the other words of your post is just noise.
hahhaha a cult ?
if you celebrate holidays , most of them orginate from pegan worship of ancient gods.

valentines day christmas halloween etc
if anyones in cult its the majority of those who unknowingly celebrate and partake in the same worship as the ancient humans.

a cult is anything that carrying on tradition and religious ceremonies so until you seperate from that entirely you are in a cult..

I believe the bible is valid.
but how are you going accuse someone of being in a cult if they observe the bible and yet younobserve traditions of men that served amcient gods and still continue to worship them?

dont you celebrate new years hmm january stems from janu the god of old and new

so until you completely seperate yourself from every religious worship then my friend until then you are in a cult.

If you are atheist thats fine.
but its not wise to tell someone they are in a cult when you by definition are in one. lol

im not in one i dont carry on human tradtions that have the worship of ancient gods all intertwine im them..

lol if the ancient woke up from the dead you would be doing the same worship they did.

if your atheist then you shouldnt be worshipping any gods.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#2425 Feb 10, 2013
Yellowknightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
hahhaha a cult ?
if you celebrate holidays , most of them orginate from pegan worship of ancient gods.
if anyones in cult its the majority of those who unknowingly celebrate and partake in the same worship as the ancient humans.
a cult is anything that carrying on tradition and religious ceremonies so until you seperate from that entirely you are in a cult..
but how are you going accuse someone of being in a cult if they observe the bible and yet younobserve traditions of men that served amcient gods and still continue to worship them?
so until you completely seperate yourself from every religious worship then my friend until then you are in a cult.
but its not wise to tell someone they are in a cult when you by definition are in one. lol
im not in one i dont carry on human tradtions that have the worship of ancient gods all intertwine im them..
lol if the ancient woke up from the dead you would be doing the same worship they did.
The Jews considered Christianity a cult when it appeared.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2426 Feb 10, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews considered Christianity a cult when it appeared.
the jews were into false worship so much that
they began to speak the same language as the
phoenecians ( canaanites) they sacrificed babies they performed baal worship they had male and female prostitutes . both gay amd straight.

they killed and persecuted the prophets and they even began to mistreat their own people.

thepurpose of the jews was for them to carry the promised seed.( Jesus)
once he was born the mosaic law was no longer applicable.

Jesus came and fortold the siege of jersulem by the romans and the last days in our day.

he told them when you see the disgusting thing that causes desoltion sitting in a holy place flee to the mountains

that sign was when the romans came to jersulem and went inside of their holy temple... those jews who wanted listen were suppose to leave jerusalem because the romans were going to come back and destroy jerusalem.

whix is why he said " this generation will not pass untill these things occur, he preached to thwm in 30 ce. jersulem was destroyed bynthe romans in 70 c.e.

the jews who stayed ended up dying when they could have lived.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#2427 Feb 10, 2013
Yellowknightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
hahhaha a cult ?
Try going to work on Dec 25th, what nobody there......

How is it possible for me to be in a cult when follow no god or so called religious leader.

ps. learn to use the spell checker.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#2428 Feb 10, 2013
Yellowknightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
the jews were into false worship so much that
they began to speak the same language as the
phoenecians ( canaanites) they sacrificed babies they performed baal worship they had male and female prostitutes . both gay amd straight.
they killed and persecuted the prophets and they even began to mistreat their own people.
thepurpose of the jews was for them to carry the promised seed.( Jesus)
once he was born the mosaic law was no longer applicable.
Jesus came and fortold the siege of jersulem by the romans and the last days in our day.
he told them when you see the disgusting thing that causes desoltion sitting in a holy place flee to the mountains
that sign was when the romans came to jersulem and went inside of their holy temple... those jews who wanted listen were suppose to leave jerusalem because the romans were going to come back and destroy jerusalem.
whix is why he said " this generation will not pass untill these things occur, he preached to thwm in 30 ce. jersulem was destroyed bynthe romans in 70 c.e.
the jews who stayed ended up dying when they could have lived.
What a wind bag.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#2429 Feb 10, 2013
Leah! Why did you change your screen name?

Sorry you are a member of a cult and they have brain washed you into selling watchtowers. Nobody here wants to buy your watchtowers. Early Christians were thugs, hookers, thieves, murderers, drunks, kidnappers and crazy old men who shouted at people from the street corners. The JW cult does not believe as early Christians did. They take their cult flavor from looney 1800s apocalyptic schlock masters.
Yellowknightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
a cult lol ...hahahahah.. so to you the bible is a cult ?
The fisrt century christians didnt celebrate holidays , they preached, they didnt getninvolved in politics they were peaceble and they were heavily persecuted..
i said i studied with them i never said i was christian.
You sir do not believe in the bible. if you look at first century christians then look at Jehovahs witness they are basically identically as far as what their teachings being bible based..
if they were a cult then they would not go by the bible..they would have a totally different book.
its looking a real dollar and a fake one..if you study the real thing you can recognize a false one when you see it.
in like manner if you studied the bible you would know.
all you do is make assumptions from your point of view which is not correct because you already dislike the bible .
Sadbuttrue

Ashburn, VA

#2430 Feb 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Leah! Why did you change your screen name?
Sorry you are a member of a cult and they have brain washed you into selling watchtowers. Nobody here wants to buy your watchtowers. Early Christians were thugs, hookers, thieves, murderers, drunks, kidnappers and crazy old men who shouted at people from the street corners. The JW cult does not believe as early Christians did. They take their cult flavor from looney 1800s apocalyptic schlock masters.
<quoted text>
MACEO THE FOOL!

I love Good guys there's Nil in the Black race. As they said there' only 2 per 100 Black males who are decent. Even those Black men make less than 35k per year.

Home > Nation > Only 2 “Good” Black Men For Every 100 Black Women
Only 2 “Good” Black Men For Every 100 Black Women
Sep 20, 2011 715 Comments By NewsOne Staff

The chances of a Black woman finding a “Good” Black man are extremely slim to almost none according to a study by Best Black Dating Sites.

The study claims that only about 2% of Black men fulfill the criteria of being a good, qualified partner.

The criteria was primarily based on data compiled on whether the eligible Black men were heterosexual, good-looking, successful, or childless.

What do you think about their findings?
See the info-graphic below:

http://newsone.com/1536815/where-are-all-the-...

The quality is SO POOR IN BLACK MEN THAT MOST EDUCATED BLACK WOMEN NEED TO DATE OR MARRY OUT TO FIND A GOOD MAN

YOUR PATHETIC SO YOUR NOT AN OPTION!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2432 Feb 10, 2013
Yellowknightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, all religions are cult. You are slowly learning, well done...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2433 Feb 10, 2013
Sadbuttrue wrote:
<quoted text>MACEO THE FOOL!
I love Good guys there's Nil in the Black race. As they said there' only 2 per 100 Black males who are decent. Even those Black men make less than 35k per year.
Home > Nation > Only 2 “Good” Black Men For Every 100 Black Women
Only 2 “Good” Black Men For Every 100 Black Women
Sep 20, 2011 715 Comments By NewsOne Staff
The chances of a Black woman finding a “Good” Black man are extremely slim to almost none according to a study by Best Black Dating Sites.
The study claims that only about 2% of Black men fulfill the criteria of being a good, qualified partner.
The criteria was primarily based on data compiled on whether the eligible Black men were heterosexual, good-looking, successful, or childless.
What do you think about their findings?
See the info-graphic below:
http://newsone.com/1536815/where-are-all-the-...
The quality is SO POOR IN BLACK MEN THAT MOST EDUCATED BLACK WOMEN NEED TO DATE OR MARRY OUT TO FIND A GOOD MAN
YOUR PATHETIC SO YOUR NOT AN OPTION!
This is the atheism forum, not the retarded racist forum.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#2434 Feb 10, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the diameter of a circle is 10 cubits, what is the diameter to the nearest cubit?
I assume you mean, "... what is the circumference to the nearest cubit?", and I'm sure Langoliers can see your point. But if the circumference of a circle is 30 cubits, what is its diameter to the nearest cubit? All that the passage really shows is that the Hebrew writers of the time were not very exact with their measurements. Hopefully, their architects were a bit better... Come to think of it, what engineering feats of note did the ancient Hebrews accomplish? None that I can think of. Can you?

I don't see the whole pi = 3 issue as one worth pursuing. Other Bible flaws are more serious and less equivocal.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2435 Feb 10, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what, you're locked in a room with only two doors, door A and door B.
there are also two computers in the room, computer 1 and computer 2.
One of the computers is programmed to always lie no matter what. While the other computer will tell the truth no matter what.
If you open the wrong door you're dead.
You are allowed to ask one computer one question to make it out of the room safely.
What would that question be?
Standard old question.

Ask either computer: which door would the other computer say is the door to death? The answer is the safe door.

OK, one for you. A man is looking at a picture. Another man asks who is portrayed in the picture. The first man says: "brothers and sisters I have none, but that man's father is my father's son". Who is in the picture?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#2436 Feb 10, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the computers is programmed to always lie no matter what. While the other computer will tell the truth no matter what.
You are allowed to ask one computer one question to make it out of the room safely.
And don't think I didn't notice that you avoided the question:

If the diameter of a circle is 10 meters, what is the 'whole number' diameter of that circle?

Knoxville, TN

#2437 Feb 10, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an old chestnut. You ask computer 1 which door computer 2 would say is the deadly one and use it. If computer 1 is truthful, it will report the lie that computer 2 would tell. If computer 2 is the liar, it will lie about the truth that computer 1 would tell. Either way, you will get a lie from the responding computer and thus know the truth.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#2438 Feb 10, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume you mean, "... what is the circumference to the nearest cubit?", and I'm sure Langoliers can see your point. But if the circumference of a circle is 30 cubits, what is its diameter to the nearest cubit? All that the passage really shows is that the Hebrew writers of the time were not very exact with their measurements. Hopefully, their architects were a bit better... Come to think of it, what engineering feats of note did the ancient Hebrews accomplish? None that I can think of. Can you?
I don't see the whole pi = 3 issue as one worth pursuing. Other Bible flaws are more serious and less equivocal.
Yikes, of course that's what I mean.

And yes, I agree with the fact that the whole discussion is silly. They used a standard approximation to pi current at the time.

But the 'whole number' circumference of a circle with diameter 10 cubits would be 31 cubits.

Knoxville, TN

#2439 Feb 10, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes, of course that's what I mean.
And yes, I agree with the fact that the whole discussion is silly. They used a standard approximation to pi current at the time.
But the 'whole number' circumference of a circle with diameter 10 cubits would be 31 cubits.
And the whole number diameter of a circle with a 30 cubit circumference would be 10 (rounded from about 9.55), wouldn't it? Still, I remember noting the error when I first read it at the age of about 12.
Tyson

Bowling Green, KY

#2440 Feb 10, 2013
KJV wrote:
"The evidence for the flood is so overwhelming that I can’t possibly scratch the surface in this study. Instead of going through a long explanation of the flood, I am going to address 5 commonly asked skeptical questions and then conclude with what we observe scientifically and follow up with a possible scenario. We can never go back and see what actually happened, we can only piece together bits of this puzzle and conclude what we believe is the most plausible explanation. Both the biblical account and the evolutionary account take faith to believe. My hope is that when you look at the obvious evidence, you will conclude that it takes more faith to hold on to skeptical beliefs than it does to believe the Bible. With this in mind, let’s look at 5 common flood questions."
http://www.exchangedlife.com/2012/10/19/the-f...
Just getting in on this debate. So I have an obligation to respond to the original post. I'm not a scientist, however have a basic level of understanding of reason. Not sure how old you believe the Earth to be? Just looking at the math you proposed it would have taken Everest around 70,000 years to form. So either you believe the biblical flood took place a long time ago. Or, god distorted the face of the planet violently over a very short time in which science has proven otherwise. My other issue with the "flood". I will propose a question. What happens when you over water a plant? It Dies right? Now we have a planet with all its dry land dwelling life under water for 40 days and 40 night. Essentially killing all plant life. Plants we know provide all living things with oxygen. I haven't heard of any scientific evidence for all land dwelling plant life dying off at the same time due to a flood. However, if when the waters drained away as you argue, we would find no living plant life or very little that would not be able to produce sufficient oxygen to support the re-population of the planet.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#2441 Feb 10, 2013
Irrelevant: that's not what your bible said. Your bible says pi=3, not that pi rounds to 3.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
If I give you a math problem and I state use only whole numbers.
10*(Pi whole number)=30
And you claim I'm wrong the answer is 31. I would flunk your azz.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#2442 Feb 10, 2013
Question: "Why don't you f**k off?"
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2443 Feb 10, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>The Jews considered Christianity a cult when it appeared.
Rather odd. When the Christians faith
First appeared they were known as Jews.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 38 min CunningLinguist 228,057
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Eman 22,556
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 2 hr Patrick 70,982
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 2 hr Patrick n Angela 42
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr Patrick 527
Here's a place for Patrick's off-topic articles 5 hr Thinking 2
Indiana Governor Mike Pence Stands Up to Atheis... 5 hr Liam R 17
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••