State of the States: Importance of Religion

Dec 14, 2012 Full story: www.gallup.com

Overall, 65% of Americans say religion is an important part of their daily lives

This is the second in a four-part series on the "State of the States" being released this week on Gallup.com. The series examines state-by-state differences in party affiliation, religiosity, consumer confidence, and employer hiring and letting go, based on Gallup Poll Daily tracking data collected throughout 2008.

PRINCETON, NJ -- An analysis of more than 350,000 interviews conducted by Gallup in 2008 finds Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, Louisiana, and Arkansas to be the most religious states in the nation. Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts are the least religious states. Full Story

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#1 Dec 15, 2012
More than one of the articles that I've read recently has made reference to this poll. Since I prefer to look at source material over interpretations of it, I found the two Gallup polls that I've posted. I hope they are of at least passing interest to the group as a whole.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Dec 15, 2012
I am pretty sure the christians are not too happy with the results.

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#3 Dec 15, 2012
Religion is only important because humans make important.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#4 Dec 16, 2012
Some things Washington does right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 43 min Joe fortuna 233,153
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 1 hr SnuffAGlobalisst 23
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr ChristineM 5,949
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Mikko 23,266
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr woodtick57 2,620
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 5 hr Dee 41
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr _Bad Company 1,458
More from around the web