EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#1 Sep 24, 2012
http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/09/24/atheism/p...
Religious courts such as the Beth Din make people feel uncomfortable.

In principle, why shouldn't two parties subject themselves to their jurisdiction? It appears to be just another sectarian and divisive absurdity of religion. As long as their decisions stay within national law, I see few problems other than those inherent in religion.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7233040.stm

For instance, it is true that women are often dominated and manipulated in Islamic communities in the UK and do not feel in a position to challenge their menfolk. They tend to accept the iniquities of Islamic justice for the 'sake of Islam' and a peaceful life. That is their choice. One can help those who challenge unjust religious practices but it is much harder to assist victims who support their own delinquency. It is difficult even to uphold the law that protects teenage children who 'willingly' accept child marriages.

It all seems part-n-parcel of the daft Abrahamic religions.
KittenKoder

Sydney, Australia

#2 Oct 17, 2012
You're a muppet

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min CunningLinguist 227,898
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Dak-Original 22,457
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 4 hr Chimney1 349
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr Carchar king 495
Noah's flood real (Oct '12) 9 hr Patrick 4,512
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 11 hr Patrick 9
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... 11 hr Barbarian 4
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••