Where are you on the Dawkins scale of...

Where are you on the Dawkins scale of belief in God

Created by NightSerf on Mar 4, 2013

22 votes

Click on an option to vote

Strong Theist: KNOWS God exists

De facto Theist: almost certain, practices faith

Weak theist: uncertain, but inclined to believe

Pure agnostic: God seems as likely to exist as not

Weak atheist: very uncertain, leans to skepticism

De facto atheist: uncertain, no belief or practice

Strong atheist: Certain no God exists

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#1 Mar 4, 2013
I had to edit a bit to fit the text in....

Winsford, UK

#2 Mar 5, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
I had to edit a bit to fit the text in....

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3 Mar 5, 2013
I'm somewhere over a 6, but have yet to see a satisfactory definition of the concept of God to say for sure.

Would a 'high school' student in the metaverse making the universe as a school project count as a God? This is, I suppose, a *possibility*, even though I don't see it as likely. But it is *far* more likely than the Biblical or Quranic deity.

Hamilton, UK

#4 Mar 5, 2013
6.9 (too).
Depends on what one means by god(s). Pixies, Greek god(s) and Abrahamic god(s) all seem equally unsubstantiated by reason and evidence.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#5 Mar 5, 2013
I, too, would place myself at abut 6.8 or 6.9. I do hope everyone who posts in the atheist forum will vote (but only once, please, not once per screen-name if you use more than one). I really am curious abut the overall composition of our little group.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 22,023
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 6 min Demon Finder 10,899
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 46,265
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 257,340
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Demon Finder 21,650
News .com | Not buying into nonsense rhetoric about ... (Mar '16) 5 hr Richardfs 44
News How do atheists celebrate Christmas? (Dec '15) 21 hr Eagle 12 36
More from around the web