Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Divine Alien wrote:
<quoted text>Jamming is just like a parrot. Repeating the same lines all the time.
You just don't appreciate good music.

Very sad.

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't appreciate good music.
Very sad.
Good musics are parroting too.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Divine Alien wrote:
<quoted text>Good musics are parroting too.
You keep saying that word: I don't think 'parroting' means what you think it means....

...this is hardly surprising, though, given your level of education.

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

<quoted text>
You keep saying that word: I don't think 'parroting' means what you think it means....
...this is hardly surprising, though, given your level of education.
You are still doing what a parrot is usually doing, Bob.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Divine Alien wrote:
<quoted text>You are still doing what a parrot is usually doing, Bob.
At least I'm not Satan's bitch-- unlike you and your god.

<shrug>

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

<quoted text>
At least I'm not Satan's bitch-- unlike you and your god.
<shrug>
Huh! You are calling me and my God a Satan's bitch! That's really civic-minded.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Divine Alien wrote:
<quoted text>Huh! You are calling me and my God a Satan's bitch! That's really civic-minded.
Indeed it is: because it's so very true.

It's civic-minded to point out the truth of a situation, you see.

That's what I do: point out the truth.

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

<quoted text>
Indeed it is: because it's so very true.
It's civic-minded to point out the truth of a situation, you see.
That's what I do: point out the truth.
You are indeed civic-minded following the standard of your community.
Fact

Ludhiana, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

pictqueen wrote:
Seems to me that the worst of the tragic experiences that the world has witnessed is perpetrated on the poor, uneducated and most vulnerable of our society. That being said, does this mean, God prefers the rich and most influentual over the most uneducated and downtrodden of society? I posted this on the Xtian forum but they seem too scared to answer.
Undoubtedly, the world is full of evil and misery. Look at the many wars, slave-raids, tortures, concentration camps, atomic attacks. Do they not show that man, without a sound moral basis is worse than a wild beast?

On the other hand, the world contains many lovely things: sunshine, flowers and fruits. The picnic spots in the hills, the splendor of the sunrise and sunset show that this world is full of beauty.

"Fareed, this world is beautiful, but there is a thorny garden within it. Those who are blessed by their spiritual teacher are not even scratched."
(SGGS p966)

Man sows the seed of action and gets the fruit accordingly. God is like a supreme judge who deals with people according to their deeds. A deep study of the problem of pain makes us feel that pain has a good and useful purpose to serve. It draws out great kindness and compassion in this hard world. Pain is also a test, an ordeal, to assess man's conviction and courage.

"Suffering is the medicine, and pleasure the disease, because where there is pleasure, there is no desire for God."
(SGGS p469)

Physically, pain is an index of ill-health, a kind of alarm-bell. When you feel physical pain you consult the doctor. Why not also do so for spiritual pain? God gives us timely warning through our conscience. Our Guru is the doctor for these pains.
NotBuyingIt

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Fact wrote:
Physically, pain is an index of ill-health, a kind of alarm-bell. When you feel physical pain you consult the doctor. Why not also do so for spiritual pain? God gives us timely warning through our conscience. Our Guru is the doctor for these pains.
lol

What signs does one look for when diagnosing 'spiritual pain'?

A catholic boy with a sore anus? is *that*'spiritual pain'?

You are obviously talking about emotions - and there is far more evidence to suggest brain chemistry is at work, not 'spirits'(except perhaps the alcoholic kind).

Drugs can cause pronounced emotional changes - and is evidence enough for me its predominantly biochemistry.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Undoubtedly, the world is full of evil and misery. Look at the many wars, slave-raids, tortures, concentration camps, atomic attacks. Do they not show that man, without a sound moral basis is worse than a wild beast?
No. They show that man is loyal to the tribe he was born into, more often than not.

That's about it, really: people are tribal.

Tribes, especially if you add STUPID RELIGION in, often get into squabbles with one another.

If you'd eliminated all religions from the world? You'd eliminate 99% of the world's major strife, too.

Because it takes RELIGION to conflate the minor differences between tribes, and turn them into Death Causes.

It takes RELIGION to cement a person's mind into the concrete-like, inflexible state such that they see ALL OTHER tribes as "not-people".

Good people do good things because they are good.

The majority of people are good.

Evil people do evil, because they are evil.

Few people are evil.

From whence comes most of the world's evil?

Religion: religion makes good people do evil things.

It really is that simple.

Religion makes GOOD people DOUBT THEMSELVES-- which leads to evil acts.....!

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

<quoted text>
No. They show that man is loyal to the tribe he was born into, more often than not.
That's about it, really: people are tribal.
Tribes, especially if you add STUPID RELIGION in, often get into squabbles with one another.
If you'd eliminated all religions from the world? You'd eliminate 99% of the world's major strife, too.
Because it takes RELIGION to conflate the minor differences between tribes, and turn them into Death Causes.
It takes RELIGION to cement a person's mind into the concrete-like, inflexible state such that they see ALL OTHER tribes as "not-people".
Few people are evil.
Huh! You have a very very very bad assumption about religion coz your original sin is still in tact in yourself. You really hate religion so hatred is still in tact in yourself.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

Divine Alien wrote:
<quoted text>Huh! You have a very very very bad assumption about religion coz your original sin is still in tact in yourself. You really hate religion so hatred is still in tact in yourself.
It is not original sin. It is truth!
jack13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

Divine Alien wrote:
<quoted text>Huh! You have a very very very bad assumption about religion coz your original sin is still in tact in yourself. You really hate religion so hatred is still in tact in yourself.
No one hates religion. It is not hatred that brings about the disbelief in any god. It is the skepticism about the possibility of anything existing that has not one shred of evidence pointing to its existence. Atheists do reject the hatred that religion causes their followers to feel towards others, not of their particular faith. It is difficult to find respect for those who run around telling you that you are bad because you do not agree with them. Have you ever heard an Atheist threaten a christian with burning, or any other punishment for their beliefs? Then how can you claim that atheists hate religion?

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>It is not original sin. It is truth!
Hatred is truth? Yeah, it's the punishment given by God to Eve and serpent. It's the truth that they were punished to hate each other.

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

jack13 wrote:
<quoted text> No one hates religion. It is not hatred that brings about the disbelief in any god. It is the skepticism about the possibility of anything existing that has not one shred of evidence pointing to its existence. Atheists do reject the hatred that religion causes their followers to feel towards others, not of their particular faith. It is difficult to find respect for those who run around telling you that you are bad because you do not agree with them. Have you ever heard an Atheist threaten a christian with burning, or any other punishment for their beliefs? Then how can you claim that atheists hate religion?
I think you don't but Bob.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

Divine Alien wrote:
<quoted text>Hatred is truth? Yeah, it's the punishment given by God to Eve and serpent. It's the truth that they were punished to hate each other.
I have copied part of Bob's post. DA what he wrote in this post is truth.
Hatred is not truth, Hatred is just hatred.

Few people are evil.

jack13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

Divine Alien wrote:
<quoted text>I think you don't but Bob.
It is true that I was speaking for myself, not all atheists, but it seems to me Bob does not hate religion but the lies told in support of religion and the threats those in religion make toward others whom are not of their particular faith? As for you, you are only attempting to justify your belief. I doubt that you hate atheists, but you hate the logic they bring to the form against religion. After all, you have a lot of time invested in your religion and resent anyone attempting to point out the flaws in the church teachings. Have a good day, but think a little before posting. Don't let anger cloud your judgement.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

Divine Alien wrote:
Personally? I had nothing to do with either Adam or StEve.

Whatever those two did happened long before I was born, so don't saddle ME with THEIR behaviors.

Any deity who would try to pin the sins of ancestors onto the descendants? Is beyond evil.

Your god is beyond evil.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

Divine Alien wrote:
<quoted text>Hatred is truth? Yeah, it's the punishment given by God to Eve and serpent. It's the truth that they were punished to hate each other.
I wasn't there. Why am **I** being punished for what StEve did?

Your god is evil.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of124
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••