Posted in the Atheism Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Queen of everything”

Since: Oct 08

Paradise Island

#1 Jan 15, 2010
Seems to me that the worst of the tragic experiences that the world has witnessed is perpetrated on the poor, uneducated and most vulnerable of our society. That being said, does this mean, God prefers the rich and most influentual over the most uneducated and downtrodden of society? I posted this on the Xtian forum but they seem too scared to answer.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2 Jan 15, 2010
Of course.

God prefers large bills, cash if possible, but checkques are acceptable.

Credit cards are right out.

"What god wants? God gets.
God Help Us All."
--- Roger Waters, "Amused To Death"

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3 Jan 15, 2010
(the preceeding comment is entirely sarcastic, in case a literal-minded godbot is trolling the threads)

(I do not seriously think that if god exists, god gives a freaking crap about human-created money...)

(or the difference between human poor and human rich-- I quite imagine that such a being considers all of humanity a brief infestation on earth, and mostly harmless.)

“Queen of everything”

Since: Oct 08

Paradise Island

#4 Jan 15, 2010
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
(the preceeding comment is entirely sarcastic, in case a literal-minded godbot is trolling the threads)
(I do not seriously think that if god exists, god gives a freaking crap about human-created money...)
(or the difference between human poor and human rich-- I quite imagine that such a being considers all of humanity a brief infestation on earth, and mostly harmless.)
Since I am the Queen of sarcasm, Bob, I totally get what you are saying. So what you are saying is, if you don't pay enough to god and his servants, that he will rain down doom and destruction on your population?

Btw, Madscot says hey. He is sitting right next to me.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#5 Jan 16, 2010
Yup, those TV preachers are always telling us the end is coming soon.

But not so soon that they won't have time to take (and spend) all that money they get given.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6 Jan 16, 2010
pictqueen wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I am the Queen of sarcasm, Bob, I totally get what you are saying. So what you are saying is, if you don't pay enough to god and his servants, that he will rain down doom and destruction on your population?
Btw, Madscot says hey. He is sitting right next to me.
:)

The 'sarcasm' comment was for any fundies out there, as a sort of preemptive 'strike'.

Not that it would matter to them.

I've come to the conclusion that all fundie-christians are actually fungi.

A sort of semi-intelligent plant-like entity.

Able to repeat phrases and words, but not having any real understanding of them.

And, just like most fungi, fundi-christian-fungi are raised in the dark and fed a steady diet of sh!~...
NotBuyingIt

Mesa, AZ

#7 Jan 16, 2010
<quoted text>
The 'sarcasm' comment was for any fundies out there, as a sort of preemptive 'strike'.
Not that it would matter to them.
I've come to the conclusion that all fundie-christians are actually fungi.
A sort of semi-intelligent plant-like entity.
Able to repeat phrases and words, but not having any real understanding of them.
And, just like most fungi, fundi-christian-fungi are raised in the dark and fed a steady diet of sh!~...
Christugi™ AKA 'Geastrum Christicus'

Its got a 'ring' to it - doesn't it?
P Smith

Taipei, Taiwan

#8 Jan 16, 2010
pictqueen wrote:
Seems to me that the worst of the tragic experiences that the world has witnessed is perpetrated on the poor, uneducated and most vulnerable of our society. That being said, does this mean, God prefers the rich and most influentual over the most uneducated and downtrodden of society? I posted this on the Xtian forum but they seem too scared to answer.
"Social dawinism" (SD) existed decades before Darwin wrote "The Origin of Species". SD was promoted regularly (after feudalism and in the early years of the industrial revolution) by the wealthy to suggest that the poor were not fit to live; Darwin's book was grasped and misused be the right as justification for their views.

It's no different now. The wealthy make excuses, religion or other wise, for suggesting that "god chose us" while they make more money off the backs of the poor.

It was western countries which drove Haiti into financial ruin. They backed corrupt governments and dictators, and used unfair trading practices (dumping of cheap, excess product) into the Haitian market which ruined farming in the country. Haiti was once a net exporter of food, but now imports most of what it eats, thanks to the corruption of the west.

That's exactly what the wealthy want: dependence and indenture. They want legalized slavery, and it's not just practiced in the third world. Why else do you think it's so easy to get "credit" in the west but near impossible to pay it off? Debt is legalized slavery.
nina

Ottawa, Canada

#11 Jan 18, 2010
makes me wonder why the xtians perpetuate the it's easier for a poor man to get into heaven than a rich one

I don't see rich people making themselves poor

so either they don't really beleive in heaven

or they are counting on that deathbed repentant loophole

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#12 Jan 18, 2010
pictqueen wrote:
Yeh, the christswallowers must be busy patting themselves on the back for their percieved role in the Haiti tragedy. Seems funny that they make twice as much noise when it comes to their charities than the more secular ones.

As far as the rich and poor go, check this out :
Joel Osteen :
"I think the word rich is all relative," Osteen said. "I think down and deep in our hearts, we believe that God does want us to live the abundant life that we can. To me, prosperity is health, good relationships … and money, of course, is part of it."

But jeebus says :

Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#13 Jan 28, 2010
Rich people will enter the Kingdom of Heaven just like passing through a needle hole but the poors simply walk in and out without much problem coz the door is wide open for them.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14 Jan 28, 2010
Divine Alien wrote:
Rich people will enter the Kingdom of Heaven just like passing through a needle hole but the poors simply walk in and out without much problem coz the door is wide open for them.
Proof that your god hates poor people....

...for he consigns them to the endless torture that is christian heaven:

Where people's wills are stripped away, their minds are removed, and they stand around praising the evil biblegod forever.

Sick.

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Location hidden

#15 Jan 28, 2010
<quoted text>
Proof that your god hates poor people....
...for he consigns them to the endless torture that is christian heaven:
Where people's wills are stripped away, their minds are removed, and they stand around praising the evil biblegod forever.
Sick.
Huh! You are so rich!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16 Jan 28, 2010
Divine Alien wrote:
<quoted text>Huh! You are so rich!!!
Still no proof of your imaginary god.

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Location hidden

#17 Jan 28, 2010
<quoted text>
Still no proof of your imaginary god.
You are really silly and stupid for still insisting or wanting to seek proof for imaginary god.
NotBuyingIt

Mesa, AZ

#18 Jan 28, 2010
Divine Alien wrote:
<quoted text>You are really silly and stupid for still insisting or wanting to seek proof for imaginary god.
And you are psychotic for your constant insisting your admitted 'imaginary god' exists.

You are a joke DA - your English skills are not good enough for anyt serious discussion - it barely merits ridicule.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19 Jan 29, 2010
Divine Alien wrote:
<quoted text>You are really silly and stupid for still insisting or wanting to seek proof for imaginary god.
You're still stupid.

Still no proof.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#20 Jan 29, 2010
NotBuyingIt wrote:
<quoted text>And you are psychotic for your constant insisting your admitted 'imaginary god' exists.
You are a joke DA - your English skills are not good enough for anyt serious discussion - it barely merits ridicule.
Yep; explains my various posts to him, lately.

Also shows I'm easily amused.

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Location hidden

#21 Jan 29, 2010
<quoted text>
You're still stupid.
Still no proof.
Damned stupid you are.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#22 Jan 29, 2010
Divine Alien wrote:
<quoted text>Damned stupid you are.
Still stupid? Yes, you are.

Still no proof? No-- you have none.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 10 min QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 30 min Carchar king 26
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr NightSerf 1,031
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 231,932
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr Richardfs 1,423
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 6 hr Morse 14,448
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 12 hr Gillette 5,946

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE