Atheism is dying out, christianity is...
LCNLin

United States

#102 Dec 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I hear your ANC sign language man has "had an episode". Why couldn't your god tell him how to do sign language properly? Why doesn't your god respect Mandela?
<quoted text>
Read this again and try to post?

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#103 Dec 12, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Not acts of a Christian man? You sure are a clueless imbecile.
My church gives money to the poor, it's evil
My church builds a hospital, it's evil
Nelson Mandela did acts of not a Christian man.
Christians donated money to stop poaching, it's evil.
Everything we seem to do is wrong?
I give money to the poor including christian homeless charities through I am not christian

Can’t say I built a hospital but I have donated to various medical charities (including christian charities) through I am not christian

I donate money to children’s charities including christian children’s charities through I am not christian

I donate money to cancer charities through I am not christian

I donate not because I am christian as you may have realised by now, I am not, I donate because I feel it is my moral duty to donate what I can with no advertising or need for prise of self aggrandisement involved

So what do you want, a medal?
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#104 Dec 12, 2013
I've done all those things too. You're right, religitards expect special treatment. Which is why I heap so much pity on them.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I give money to the poor including christian homeless charities through I am not christian
Can’t say I built a hospital but I have donated to various medical charities (including christian charities) through I am not christian
I donate money to children’s charities including christian children’s charities through I am not christian
I donate not because I am christian as you may have realised by now, I am not, I donate because I feel it is my moral duty to donate what I can with no advertising or need for prise of self aggrandisement involved

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#105 Dec 12, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
:) A medal sounds nice.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#106 Dec 12, 2013
How about the Iron Cross. That would suit you.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>

#107 Dec 12, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want a medal be being human – wow, let me guess, you are not christian are you?

#108 Dec 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I've done all those things too. You're right, religitards expect special treatment. Which is why I heap so much pity on them.
<quoted text>
It happens all the time, difference is a godbot want recognition for being a decent human being? And they claim moral superiority? Go figure.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#109 Dec 12, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want a medal be being human – wow, let me guess, you are not christian are you?
Don't realize the sarcasm do you?
I'm just trying to prove that Christians do good, not competing with the good atheists do.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#110 Dec 12, 2013
Of course most people do good. Belief has little to do with it.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't realize the sarcasm do you?
I'm just trying to prove that Christians do good, not competing with the good atheists do.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#111 Dec 12, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
One of my favorites is Doctors Without Borders. But, I don't feel the need to come on here seeking applause every time I make a donation.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#112 Dec 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Of course most people do good. Belief has little to do with it.
<quoted text>
Christians do it for 2reasons

1. To do good
2. To please God

Belief has a lot to do with it at least for Christians if not the other religions.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#113 Dec 12, 2013
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
One of my favorites is Doctors Without Borders. But, I don't feel the need to come on here seeking applause every time I make a donation.
It's not applause for me, it's to prove Christians do good.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Pale Blue Dot

#114 Dec 12, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Buying your way into the mythical heaven? It's not charity if you are expecting a reward.

How about doing good because it's the right thing to do, and expect nothing in return, except the personal satisfaction one gets for helping others.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#115 Dec 12, 2013
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Buying your way into the mythical heaven? It's not charity if you are expecting a reward.
How about doing good because it's the right thing to do, and expect nothing in return, except the personal satisfaction one gets for helping others.
That's exactly what christians do, stop being so ignorant how much must I say christians do good.
Going to heaven Is nice but I myself care more about other people

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#116 Dec 12, 2013
I do it for good, but telling this to atheists won't be wrong would it in a arguement about God

“Reason's Greetings!”

Pale Blue Dot

#117 Dec 12, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
I do it for good, but telling this to atheists won't be wrong would it in a arguement about God
You don't need a god to be good

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#118 Dec 12, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
1. To do good
2. To please God
Belief has a lot to do with it at least for Christians if not the other religions.
#1 is false.

#2? Almost true-- they do it to avoid their monster-god getting *mad* at them.

It's a vain attempt to placate a bully.

Because that *is* what the bible's god is: a bully.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#119 Dec 12, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad that didn't work out, isn't it?

You **still** failed to answer my allegations:

If your "hospital" refuses to provide life-saving medical care for women in emergency need?

It's not really a hospital at all-- it's just a "we will kinda-sorta help you, so long as it pleases our invisible sky-daemon"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#120 Dec 12, 2013
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need a god to be good
So, is that suppose to make me stop doing good for God.

You atheists have no idea what I'm saying?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#121 Dec 12, 2013
christ your god is needy.

Why does your god need pleasing?
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
1. To do good
2. To please God

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min Chimney1 48,552
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 25 min Rings9780 21,867
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 1 hr JustASkeptic 17
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 hr Into The Night 23,503
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr New Age Spiritual... 258,040
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 3 Eagle 12 4,907
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Dec 2 Scaritual 14
More from around the web