“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#21 Nov 27, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
So your large number for your card shuffle has only existed on paper?
You dont offer any physical proof of this being done, like evolution it is just another theory for topix atheists to hold as absolutely true without exception.
And yet you also say there is absolutely no proof of God?
Switch back to being skeptic, he made more sense.......
The proof of god?

Your continued existence-- for you are an azz, and to claim to represent god as you do?

No god who cared and had actual authority, would suffer the likes of you to even exist.

So there you go!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#22 Nov 27, 2013
siro's poor arithmetic is evidence of unintelligent design.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The proof of god?
Your continued existence-- for you are an azz, and to claim to represent god as you do?
No god who cared and had actual authority, would suffer the likes of you to even exist.
So there you go!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#23 Nov 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
siro's poor arithmetic is evidence of unintelligent design.
<quoted text>
Either that, or he utterly lacks any sort of education.

It's a wonder he can even type English at all. I suppose he uses one finger?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#24 Nov 27, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
So your large number for your card shuffle has only existed on paper?
You dont offer any physical proof of this being done, like evolution it is just another theory for topix atheists to hold as absolutely true without exception.
And yet you also say there is absolutely no proof of God?
Switch back to being skeptic, he made more sense.......
You make more sense fulminating against black people in the name of Allah.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#25 Nov 28, 2013
I know I shouldn't mock the afflicted but siro's black magic post is hilarious.

http://www.topix.com/forum/who/occult/TNFCUVO...
EdSed wrote:
http://www.secularism.org.uk/n ews/2012/10/statistics-round-u p--religion-in-decline-around- europe-and-usa

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Putten the SIN ”

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

#26 Nov 29, 2013
Actually christianity is dying BIG TIME world wide and islam and Atheism is on the clime globally.

But I suppose if they want to say they're stronger with less numbers then...ok.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Putten the SIN ”

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

#27 Nov 29, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
Just to say.
Atheism is this.
The universe came from nothing. Then Gravity came from nothing and put all the rocks together to form earth.
Then a moon perfectly aligned itself with earth. Then earth got it's self the perfect distance from the sun.
Then randomly meteors hit earth with all the minerals earth needs for life.
Then perfectly volcanoes made the atmosphere with all the right ingredients.
Then, hot stuff of some sort, created life.
Quite a coincidence, isn't it.
Well actually Atheism doesn't have to say anything about that, its a interjection of a claim. Basically your post is the classic argument from ignorance mixed with a dash of projection,(something from nothing) and a misunderstanding.

The "perfection" your talking about is life fitting in to small niche that arose, not 'all this was made for us in mind'.

Besides, these fallacies are made to help shore up all ready erroneous beliefs, not to actually prove there is a god.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#28 Nov 29, 2013
gotnatas wrote:
Actually christianity is dying BIG TIME world wide and islam and Atheism is on the clime globally.
But I suppose if they want to say they're stronger with less numbers then...ok.
Indeed it is.

About time, too-- the human race has suffered enough under it's ugly rule.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#30 Nov 30, 2013
You atheists believe "everything" you want to believe

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#31 Nov 30, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
A big pile of "nope".

Do you have **proof** for your silly godling yet?

No?

How nice.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#32 Dec 3, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
Just to say.
Atheism is this.
The universe came from nothing. Then Gravity came from nothing and put all the rocks together to form earth.
Then a moon perfectly aligned itself with earth. Then earth got it's self the perfect distance from the sun.
It is scientifically possible that the universe did come from nothing, there is no reason why it did not. The laws of thermodynamics that dictate that an effect must have a cause did not resolve in this universe until after the initial event. Here is a basic explanation that unfortunately does get a wee bit complicated after the sentence ďitís in an attempt to prove the existence of God ó and the insufficiency of the Big BangĒ
http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2011/...
This is probably way beyond your comprehension after the god bit so if you donít understand it then thatís just tough.

Gravity came from the consequences of that event, i.e. mass distorting space time

The moon is travelling away from earth at a rate of about 4cm a year and has been since it started orbiting earth, its orbit is elliptical and it wobbles by about 43000 miles in its orbit so no, not perfectly aligned.

The orbit of earth around the sun is coincidental but not unique. In recent years there have been several hundred planets discovered orbiting around stars. It seems that around 3% of them are within the goldilocks zone of their sun and are of a mass that could sustain life as we understand it. The next generation of space telescopes will more closely analyse the atmosphere of these planets and have the ability to detect the telltale signs of life in there atmosphere.

There are literally billions of asteroids and comets roaming our solar system. However that does not say that all minerals required for life came from them, some may already have existed on our ball of rock, it is after all in the correct orbit to be rich in carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, phosphorus, and sulphur. These elements are prerequisites for life as we understand it. The only thing missing is water which it is thought was deposited by comets, which incidentally do contains water, so no coincidence there.

And it seems that you are claiming that volcanoes do not spew sulphur into the atmosphere. I wonder why that is?

So every single one of your contentions has been debunked and to top it all you are doing what every goddidit by magic believer does and ignoring the main constituents required to promote life given the required eliminates Ė i.e. time and earth has had a few billion years of that.

As for coincidence, million to one coincidences happen nine times out of ten however you want to believe goddidit by magic out of nothing Ė yes the same conditions must apply your argument as you try and impose of scientific theories Ė then feel free to say ďdoh, I dun no what dun it so it musa bin my god wot done itĒ.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#33 Dec 3, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
And you donít? wow first time I have come across a completely blank mind.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LCNLin

United States

#34 Dec 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And you donít? wow first time I have come across a completely blank mind.
Please define "Quality of life" for the rest of us.

We look to you for guidance?

Have a Nice Day

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#35 Dec 3, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Please define "Quality of life" for the rest of us.
We look to you for guidance?
Have a Nice Day
Itís your life, itís up to you do define you own quality of life, donít try blaming me for your misery

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#36 Dec 3, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
I beg to differ. I, personally, only believe things that can be supported with evidence and that can be shown to be true.

For example: I believe you to be a typical lying religious nut-job, desperate to cling to a belief that has no reality based support. That belief is supported by the plethora of evidence you provide with virtually every post you make. Good job.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#37 Dec 3, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
Just to say.
Atheism is this.
I don't quite know what you are trying to say, but it seems as if you have some weird take on the big bang theory and evolution, which to you seems the same as the absence of a theism. Those things have very little in common, but a person might believe in one or the other, or both. The lack of theism cannot be "believed" in. Atheism means there is no "ism" involved.
Where is the coincidence?

Earth,TX

#38 Dec 3, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
Who doesn't? I'd bet money, that you believe what you want to believe, in spite of what the truth is.

Example: Do you believe in a god who would make you eat your children? That is not the god you want to believe in do you? So you believe in an edited version of that god.

We atheist look at things a bit differently than you do ... first of all most of us, want the facts before we decide to believe something. With those facts present, we can only accept the truth or not. We generally tend to accept that which there is evidence for.
LCNLin

United States

#39 Dec 3, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Who doesn't? I'd bet money, that you believe what you want to believe, in spite of what the truth is.
Example: Do you believe in a god who would make you eat your children? That is not the god you want to believe in do you? So you believe in an edited version of that god.
We atheist look at things a bit differently than you do ... first of all most of us, want the facts before we decide to believe something. With those facts present, we can only accept the truth or not. We generally tend to accept that which there is evidence for.
"Do you believe in a god who would
make you eat your children?" -RP

Should be one of the question
on
"Who Wants to Be a Millionaire " :-)

"We atheist look at things a bit
differently than you do.." -RP

Most atheists, I know,
do not ask if you want to eat children.

Probably not a good opening line to a lass in a Pub ?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Earth,TX

#40 Dec 3, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do you believe in a god who would
make you eat your children?" -RP
Should be one of the question
on
"Who Wants to Be a Millionaire " :-)
"We atheist look at things a bit
differently than you do.." -RP
Most atheists, I know,
do not ask if you want to eat children.
Probably not a good opening line to a lass in a Pub ?
1. Do you believe in a god who would
make you eat your children?
2. Do you want to eat children?

Tell me, do those two questions look the same? The first question has been asked by myself, the second never has. It is only yours.

I have no interest in chatting up any lass in any pub.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LCNLin

United States

#41 Dec 4, 2013
"Example: Do you believe in a god who would make you eat your children? That is not the god you want to believe in do you? So you believe in an edited version of that god." RP

Your edited version and unedited versions seem a bit strange?

Is this the cannibal version of your philosophy?

Your might pause before trying the "eat your children" line with the lasses in the local Pub!

Have a Nice Day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confessions of a black atheist 5 min Samoan Irish 418
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 29 min Patrick n Angela 238,218
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr DebraE 14,612
News The Consequences of Atheism 1 hr JesusWasNOTaJew -... 1,321
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 5 hr Freebird USA 9,341
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 5 hr Thinking 6,108
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr Thinking 2,064
More from around the web