Atheism is dying out, christianity is...
Amused

Lowell, MA

#386 Jan 6, 2014
LCNin wrote:
In the news an interesting story regarding the Pope
Madrid (CNN)-- The nuns in a Carmelite community in Lucena, Spain, received a voice-mail message on New Year's Eve that they had to share with the world. The caller was Pope Francis.
Spam, egg, sausage and spam hasn't got much spam in it.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#387 Jan 6, 2014
LCNin wrote:
Many seek the wisdom of different philosophies.
Doubt if there is one road to truth.
Toleration for differing viewpoints and differing lifestyles does seem a virtue.
Nope. Only one "road to truth" ... took us several thousand years of blood, sweat and tears to find it ... The Scientific Method. Whimsy just don't cut the mustard. You might not like what it reveals, you might not understand how it works but it works. Yeah, it's not much good at 'proving' things that don't exist, don't exist. That's not what it's for. It is a tool for dissecting the Universe into small, understandable chunks that everyone (who knows how to use it) can agree upon. When 'everyone' comes to a consensus ... a new "truth" is born. Some of them (new "truths") are short lived. They can change as new information or new instrumentation comes about. The cool thing is, that is not an indication of failure, but a demonstration of how well The Method works.

It's like the exact opposite of the failed religious experience that has given us THOUSANDS of subjective paths to "truth". Dividing Humanity into (" http://www.examiner.com/article/the-exact-num... ;) an estimated 4200 different and often bickering groups. I'm being generous here ... "bickering" is far too kind a word. Most of you 'bots would gut members of opposing sects like a fish, given the opportunity. In this environment, "toleration" is indeed a virtue, compared to it's more satisfying rival ... annihilation.

On the most fundamental levels, The Scientific Method reveals that we are 'nothing very special' in a huge, uncaring Universe, while most Philosophies still seek to place Man in some privileged position. Why? I think it's an important component in our 'will to live' or 'struggle to survive' instinct that we pretty much share with every other living thing on the planet. It's built in, it's in our DNA. In fact, it is this primal drive that has caused DNA to ensure it's survival by filling every ecological niche on this planet ... and possibly many more. The "many more" possibility opens the door a bit wider on when and where abiogenesis first occurred, making it less a 'miracle' and more an 'inevitable consequence of chemistry, energy and time'.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#388 Jan 7, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Actually it was delivered from a really nice curry house. My pub is cool about receiving take-ins once their kitchen is shut. The dog's absolutely unaffected but I don't plan to make a habit of it!
<quoted text>
I’m pretty sure that that too much hot curry is not good for a dog, the problem is that if your had has “acquired” the “taste” for curry you may have difficulty you may find it difficult.

We had a cat (recently died) who was bulimic (really) special diet, regular vet visits and all that it involved. Funny thing is that she absolutely loved spicy food and would never make a carpet pizza from a curry (or my rocket fuel chilly).
Thinking

Poole, UK

#389 Jan 7, 2014
I'm certainly not making a habit of it. She's not a greedy dog but the pub locals like to pamper her.

Sorry to hear about your cat. My last dog could only eat fish and vegetables. Meat and eggs made her really ill. I didn't realise how much work she was until she'd gone. She was lovely.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m pretty sure that that too much hot curry is not good for a dog, the problem is that if your had has “acquired” the “taste” for curry you may have difficulty you may find it difficult.
We had a cat (recently died) who was bulimic (really) special diet, regular vet visits and all that it involved. Funny thing is that she absolutely loved spicy food and would never make a carpet pizza from a curry (or my rocket fuel chilly).
Amused

Lowell, MA

#390 Jan 7, 2014
Lnc wrote:
As an American I am proud of our first President, George Washington and wanted to ...
In the UK "God Save the Queen"
In the US "In God We Trust"
"I'll take your spam, dear. I love it. I'm having spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans and spam."

"Baked beans are off."

"Can I have spam, instead?"
Thinking

Poole, UK

#391 Jan 7, 2014
I'll be seeing them live (5 of them, anyway) on July 1st.
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'll take your spam, dear. I love it. I'm having spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans and spam."
"Baked beans are off."
"Can I have spam, instead?"

#392 Jan 7, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I'm certainly not making a habit of it. She's not a greedy dog but the pub locals like to pamper her.
Sorry to hear about your cat. My last dog could only eat fish and vegetables. Meat and eggs made her really ill. I didn't realise how much work she was until she'd gone. She was lovely.
<quoted text>
She died early last year but there are still plenty of good memories.

I have a friend who (many years ago) always took his dog to the pub, a little pom. It looked hilarious, he is a big guy, rugby player in his day, all biceps and muscles. He called her “Magic” because she was his magic weapon. After a drink or two he would set the dog down and within moments, always and without fail a girl would tap him on the shoulder and ask “is this little sweet darling yours”. He could pretty much guarantee to “cop off” as he put it every night but on occasion when the dog brought back an “ugly” girl he’s take the dog, stare it in the face, wag his finger and say “You have failed” then thank the girl for returning the dog.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#393 Jan 7, 2014
Excellent story, dogs are a great icebreaker in the pub.
If I was single, I wouldn't be single for long, if you take my meaning.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
She died early last year but there are still plenty of good memories.
I have a friend who (many years ago) always took his dog to the pub, a little pom. It looked hilarious, he is a big guy, rugby player in his day, all biceps and muscles. He called her “Magic” because she was his magic weapon. After a drink or two he would set the dog down and within moments, always and without fail a girl would tap him on the shoulder and ask “is this little sweet darling yours”. He could pretty much guarantee to “cop off” as he put it every night but on occasion when the dog brought back an “ugly” girl he’s take the dog, stare it in the face, wag his finger and say “You have failed” then thank the girl for returning the dog.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#394 Jan 7, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I'll be seeing them live (5 of them, anyway) on July 1st.
<quoted text>
Lucky you! Enjoy.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#395 Jan 9, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with religion or with “most” religious people. I have never said hate religion and I have never said I hate religious people in general, in fact my best friend is very religious and as high up in the BAC church hierarchy as a woman can get. But it is true that I feel sorry for those whose ignorance causes them to deny evolution, feeling sorry for someone falls a long, long way short of hatred.
What I have no tolerance for is the deliberate ignorance and lies that “some”(including you) religious people consider as their religion. The deliberate ignorance and hatred they employ to brand anyone not worshipping in the way they think fit. Here are some examples of your hatred
You have publicly lied about my commitment to charity or are you going to lie to your god by denying that?
You have publicly lied that I have no beliefs and when I responded you chose to ignore the response without even an apology for your lies. Or are you going to lie to your god by denying that?
You have publicly lied about what non belief in your way of thinking involves or are you going to lie to your god by denying that?
You have vomited hatred because I do not bow down to your god. Not just at me either but you abuse anyone who does not think you god is worth the bother of worshipping. Never mind links, are you going to lie to your god by denying that?
In the very post I am replying to here your hatred of atheism reeks. You make lying statements and then ask for proof that you are not lying by defining a particular word “hate”. Hatred comes in many guises so please be good enough to put you fooking money where you mouth is and show us links to any post that states “I hate religion” or “i hate religious people” or “i hate people who don't believe evolution” or “I hate retarded, idiotic, f!ck!n! creationists” or “I hate religotards” or are you just one of the deliberately ignorant liars who lie for you god and hope to get away with it.
Lets face it, without the hatred and bile and lies you vomit about atheists I (and several other people) would not be having this conversation.
What I do hate are the people who try and kill me and mine and you must admit that there is a very good reason for that hatred.
I hate people the IRA who did a damn good job of destroying Manchester centre and injuring a lot of people in the process (some seriously). So are you saying that I should welcome and love the IRA because they are a christian terrorist organisation?
Tell me have you ever been and involved victim of an indiscriminate bombing?
And the good christians who held me against a wall while they pushed my babies pushchair in front of a moving bus, then ran and escaped through a church, perhaps they stopped and prayed to their god for forgiveness.
Tell me have you ever had ignorant and intolerant people try and kill your children?
There are several other good christians who deserve my hatred for abuses they have metered out in ignorance but I really do not hate them, I just feel sorry for their ignorance.
So don’t you FOOKING dare lie about my emotions when you have not the slightest FOOKING clue what you are FOOKING talking about you deliberately ignorant moron.
I wonder, are you simply going to ignore this comment like you have so many others in the past that show you up for what you are?
If you don't hate religion, why who come on a forum that's all about complaining and hating on religion.

Next, hatred is when you dislike someone or something so much, that you have the feeling to destroy it.

Hate is a much stronger word than you think. That's why there's also a word called DISLIKE.
Not hate. DISLIKE.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#396 Jan 9, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't hate religion, why who come on a forum that's all about complaining and hating on religion.
1. If your characterization of the forum were correct, explain what your purpose in coming here is?

2. Do your not comprehend that discussion forums are for purposes of discussion of a given topic (hence the name), and that discussion necessarily requires people motivated to comment on the given topic. People who are indifferent to the subject of a discussion have little incentive to discuss that subject. Forums therefore inherently attract people who have strong feelings about the subject. People who do have strong feelings tend to use strong language in expressing those feelings.

3. The feelings expressed are usually not "hating", but involve pointing out the absurdity of religious beliefs, particularly those completely supported by any evidence. If you are a believer, and sensitive about perceived slights to your beliefs, you may be made uncomfortable by those expressions of atheist thinking.

Which brings us full circle back to point 1. If you know you are going to encounter such sentiments, and they offend your sensibilities, why do you keep coming back for more? Do you think you are earning plenary indulgences by seeking out opportunities to suffer for your faith? Surely, you don't think the content of your posts is likely to result in conversion of any atheists. Telling people you think they are despicable is hardly calculated to win them over to your way of thinking. Atheists expressing their opinions clearly bothers you, so you can't be here out of your love of a good debate.
Thinking

Blaenau-ffestiniog, UK

#397 Jan 9, 2014
Either you admit you were wrong when you posted all Atheists are despicable people or I will continue to say you are a hater.

I would never say all believers are despicable because that is a hate position.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Next, hatred is when you dislike someone or something so much, that you have the feeling to destroy it.
Hate is a much stronger word than you think. That's why there's also a word called DISLIKE.
Not hate. DISLIKE.

#398 Jan 10, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Not hate. DISLIKE.
First I suggest you try reading the title of this thread (after all you wrote it) and try and get your stupid head around what it actually says. It was you who provocatively and deliberately created this thread precisely so you could revel in your hatred. And then you complain like a gutless moron when someone contradicts you. If you don’t want discussion with alternative viewpoints then try posting on a private godbot forum? You really are a pathetic whinging godbot.

You really are no better then the fireman who commits arson just so he can show the benefits of his work. Please tell me you are not a fireman when you are not being a godbot are you?

So are you saying that you don’t want to destroy atheism? Or are you just doing the good christian act of shrugging your shoulder because you don’t give a sh|t who you upset just so long as they are not CK style godbots?

Honey you are such a fool, I have every reason to hate the people who tried to kill my children and who tried to kill me. The fact they happened to be christians only served to make me further study the reason for their hatred, i.e. the babble. And you seem to prove that godbots do not like the babble being investigated to closely. It only serves to show why they have such glaring personality defects and they really don’t like that reason known, little realising that it’s not the book but the defective personalities of the people reading it that creates child murderers and terrorist and haters.

And I see that you have still not apologised for you hateful abuse of me and people of my mind. Honey what that shows is that like a good godbot you are revelling in your hatred.

Nor have you been good enough to show us links to any post that you claim states “I hate religion” or “i hate religious people” or “i hate people who don't believe evolution” or “I hate retarded, idiotic, f!ck!n! creationists” or “I hate religotards”– why becsue they do not exist and you are nothing but a lying and hateful reglutard
Thinking

Blaenau-ffestiniog, UK

#399 Jan 10, 2014
To paraphrase Cooper Clark, ck puts the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th letters into Scunthorpe.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
First I suggest you try reading the title of this thread (after all you wrote it) and try and get your stupid head around what it actually says. It was you who provocatively and deliberately created this thread precisely so you could revel in your hatred. And then you complain like a gutless moron when someone contradicts you. If you don’t want discussion with alternative viewpoints then try posting on a private godbot forum? You really are a pathetic whinging godbot.
You really are no better then the fireman who commits arson just so he can show the benefits of his work. Please tell me you are not a fireman when you are not being a godbot are you?
So are you saying that you don’t want to destroy atheism? Or are you just doing the good christian act of shrugging your shoulder because you don’t give a sh|t who you upset just so long as they are not CK style godbots?
Honey you are such a fool, I have every reason to hate the people who tried to kill my children and who tried to kill me. The fact they happened to be christians only served to make me further study the reason for their hatred, i.e. the babble. And you seem to prove that godbots do not like the babble being investigated to closely. It only serves to show why they have such glaring personality defects and they really don’t like that reason known, little realising that it’s not the book but the defective personalities of the people reading it that creates child murderers and terrorist and haters.
And I see that you have still not apologised for you hateful abuse of me and people of my mind. Honey what that shows is that like a good godbot you are revelling in your hatred.
Nor have you been good enough to show us links to any post that you claim states “I hate religion” or “i hate religious people” or “i hate people who don't believe evolution” or “I hate retarded, idiotic, f!ck!n! creationists” or “I hate religotards”– why becsue they do not exist and you are nothing but a lying and hateful reglutard

#400 Jan 10, 2014
Thinking wrote:
To paraphrase Cooper Clark, ck puts the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th letters into Scunthorpe.
<quoted text>
This is very true
Jim

Cambridge, UK

#401 Jan 10, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Not hate. DISLIKE.
Still no evidence of god, and still trying to tell Atheists what they can and can't say about your failing cult.

Texas, USA

#402 Jan 11, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Not hate. DISLIKE.
Religion is like a ball-and-chain, hobbling you on your journey towards understanding. You really only "hate" it while it's on your ankle. What is funny is that at some level, you bot's probably "hate" religion far worse than those of us who have freed ourselves.

Your intellect must cry out against whatever baser instinct is (somehow?) served by lapping up religion's mental pablum. Somewhere, in what small remnant of your conscious remains, your heart must break when you see the death, misery and starvation in the World while your God stands idly by. Maybe your mind rebels when someone you love dies a slow, agonizing death or descends slowly into a madness that your 'Lord of Mercy' could cure with one twitch of his mighty nose ... but he doesn't. In fact, He just kind of sets there, as usual.

Of course there's an EXPLANATION for this lack. Human Beings seek EXPLANATIONS, it's what we do. In the case of God's lack of participation (either Globally or personally, take your choice) the EXPLANATION is simple ... we (Humans or you personally) are not worthy. We/you have fallen from Grace, our/your Faith is weak. Maybe if we pray harder, give more ($), attend more often ... we/you can become worthy and get RESULTS!!

It's kind of like being in quicksand isn't it? The more you struggle, the faster you sink. Eventually, you free yourself or you suffocate. You bot's come to the Atheist Forums because you know we're the ones who are ultimately gonna be there to throw you a life line. With our Science, with our Medicine. You need us at the same time you loathe us. This is not a reciprocal relationship. We have no need of Godbots, but we don't "hate" you. You'd actually be kind of funny if you weren't so dangerous.

Texas, USA

#403 Jan 11, 2014
WE ATHEIST'S SOW THE SEEDS OF DOUBT! GODBOTS, OUR SEEDS FALL ON FERTILE GROUND!!!

Texas, USA

#404 Jan 11, 2014
<sinister laughter>

I have taken over this Forum ... and next I shall TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!

<godbots scurry from room, having soiled themselves>

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#405 Jan 12, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
HATEFUL(hahaha)abuse(hahahaha) of you.( I can't stop, i'm literally laughing)

HONEY, wait, I like honey. Anyways, first, the comments on this thread have been a long time off topic.

And please STOP calling christians the bad guys when it's the freaking muslims(bad ones) who keep up their hatred.

Honey, give up, you are the hater.

I love everyone, it doesn't mean i don't dislike you.
BUT in the atheist dictionary, dislike does not exist.

I truly apologise, i should've find out sooner that dislike is not in the atheist dictionary.

Also, I will happily find those links for you and post it as soon as I can

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Dogen 79,740
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Sun Dogen 32,575
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Sat blacklagoon 3 91
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Sep 15 xfrodobagginsx 101
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
what science will NEVER be able to prove Sep 15 Me _ Myself _ I 8
News Can You Be Good Without God? Sep 13 blacklagoon 3 43
More from around the web