Atheism is dying out, christianity is...
LCNin

United States

#365 Jan 4, 2014
In the news an interesting story regarding the Pope

Madrid (CNN)-- The nuns in a Carmelite community in Lucena, Spain, received a voice-mail message on New Year's Eve that they had to share with the world. The caller was Pope Francis.

"What are the nuns doing that they can't answer?" the Pope said jokingly. "I am Pope Francis, I wish to greet you in this end of the year, I will see if I can call you later. May God bless you!"

The nuns passed the audio message to the Spanish radio network COPE, which is linked to the body that runs the Roman Catholic Church in Spain.

The nuns were praying when Francis called shortly before noon, and so didn't answer, the radio network said.

When they played the voice mail back, they got a surprise.

The prioress of the convent, Sister Adriana, told the radio network she "literally wanted to die" when she first heard the message.

"Our friendship goes back 15 years but we never thought the pope would remember to think of us," she said.

After the nuns realized that they had missed a phone call from the Pope, they didn't know what to do. They consulted with their local bishop and tried to call Francis back, without success, the radio network said.

The nuns decided simply to wait in hope of another call.

Hours later, the phone rang again -- and this time they answered.

Poll: Pope's approval rating sky high

Francis talked with the community's five nuns, three of whom hail from his native Argentina, on speakerphone, COPE said.

"The message from Pope Francis was to never lose hope, because sadness leads to spiritual sloth and hopelessness," said Sister Adriana.

She added she had known Pope Francis for years and admires his simplicity and closeness to people.

The pontiff's call came on the 400th anniversary of the community.

Pope celebrates birthday with homeless

The popularity of Francis, the first pope from Latin America, is sky-high, a CNN/ORC International poll released last month showed.

Since being elected in March, he has made headlines by embracing a humble way of life, caring for the poor and people with disabilities, and reaching out to the gay community.

Good works and cheer seem important in life
Thinking

Poole, UK

#366 Jan 4, 2014
I never posted that all believers are bad.

I say few believers are as useless, intolerant and retarded as you, yet you state that all Atheists are despicable.

You're the hater, not me.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
:). You make me laugh. its only a atheist who would call me that. And probably because a atheist HATES to be wrong.
LCNin

United States

#367 Jan 4, 2014
Many seek the wisdom of different philosophies.
Doubt if there is one road to truth.
Toleration for differing viewpoints and differing lifestyles does seem a virtue.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#368 Jan 4, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I never posted that all believers are bad.
I say few believers are as useless, intolerant and retarded as you, yet you state that all Atheists are despicable.
You're the hater, not me.
<quoted text>
Like I said, only a atheist would call me a hater. Why? Because atheists can't accept being wrong.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#369 Jan 5, 2014
Looks like Lincoln thinks you're an intolerant wanker too.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, only a atheist would call me a hater. Why? Because atheists can't accept being wrong.
Jim

London, UK

#371 Jan 5, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have evidence of god you can open your mouth.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#372 Jan 5, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of godbot bollocks - you have shown your hatred of anything not CK on this and other threads over and over again. You really are a true godbot in vomiting hatred of what you cannot understand then actually denying that hatred. It really is pathetic, why the fook can godbost not grow a set ane be man enough to admit their faults?

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#373 Jan 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of godbot bollocks - you have shown your hatred of anything not CK on this and other threads over and over again. You really are a true godbot in vomiting hatred of what you cannot understand then actually denying that hatred. It really is pathetic, why the fook can godbost not grow a set ane be man enough to admit their faults?
You are the hater. I hate religion, i hate religious people, i hate people who don't believe evolution, all atheist comments.

I hate retarded, idiotic, f!ck!n! creationists. I hate religotards.

I want you find 1comment I have said, i hate atheists. Also, link the page, please.
IRYW

Allentown, PA

#374 Jan 5, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the hater. I hate religion, i hate religious people, i hate people who don't believe evolution, all atheist comments.
I want you find 1comment I have said, i hate atheists. Also, link the page, please.
You don't need to actually use the word "hate" when everything you post reeks of hatred. We can all see what you represent. Intolerant hatred for anything that threatens your fairy tale.
Lnc

United States

#375 Jan 5, 2014
As an American I am proud of our first President, George Washington and wanted to share this//

“By the President of the United States of America, a Proclamation.
“Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor — and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness.
“Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be — That we may then all unite in rendering unto him our sincere and humble thanks — for his kind care and protection of the People of this Country previous to their becoming a Nation — for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of his Providence which we experienced in the course and conclusion of the late war — for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyed — for the peaceable and rational manner, in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately instituted — for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed; and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and in general for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us.
“And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressions — to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually — to render our national government a blessing to all the people, by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed — to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shewn kindness unto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord — To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the encrease of science among them and us — and generally to grant unto all Mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.
“Given under my hand at the City of New York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.”
Go. Washington

In the UK "God Save the Queen"

In the US "In God We Trust"
Thinking

Poole, UK

#376 Jan 5, 2014
You have posted all Atheists are despicable people.

That is a hate position.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#377 Jan 6, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You have posted all Atheists are despicable people.
That is a hate position.
<quoted text>
Do you know there' s a word called dislike. Must I look it up in the dictionary for you.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#378 Jan 6, 2014
Yes, I dislike you, but you have posted all Atheists are despicable people.

That is a hate position.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know there' s a word called dislike. Must I look it up in the dictionary for you.

#379 Jan 6, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with religion or with “most” religious people. I have never said hate religion and I have never said I hate religious people in general, in fact my best friend is very religious and as high up in the BAC church hierarchy as a woman can get. But it is true that I feel sorry for those whose ignorance causes them to deny evolution, feeling sorry for someone falls a long, long way short of hatred.

What I have no tolerance for is the deliberate ignorance and lies that “some”(including you) religious people consider as their religion. The deliberate ignorance and hatred they employ to brand anyone not worshipping in the way they think fit. Here are some examples of your hatred

You have publicly lied about my commitment to charity or are you going to lie to your god by denying that?

You have publicly lied that I have no beliefs and when I responded you chose to ignore the response without even an apology for your lies. Or are you going to lie to your god by denying that?

You have publicly lied about what non belief in your way of thinking involves or are you going to lie to your god by denying that?

You have vomited hatred because I do not bow down to your god. Not just at me either but you abuse anyone who does not think you god is worth the bother of worshipping. Never mind links, are you going to lie to your god by denying that?

In the very post I am replying to here your hatred of atheism reeks. You make lying statements and then ask for proof that you are not lying by defining a particular word “hate”. Hatred comes in many guises so please be good enough to put you fooking money where you mouth is and show us links to any post that states “I hate religion” or “i hate religious people” or “i hate people who don't believe evolution” or “I hate retarded, idiotic, f!ck!n! creationists” or “I hate religotards” or are you just one of the deliberately ignorant liars who lie for you god and hope to get away with it.

Lets face it, without the hatred and bile and lies you vomit about atheists I (and several other people) would not be having this conversation.

What I do hate are the people who try and kill me and mine and you must admit that there is a very good reason for that hatred.

I hate people the IRA who did a damn good job of destroying Manchester centre and injuring a lot of people in the process (some seriously). So are you saying that I should welcome and love the IRA because they are a christian terrorist organisation?

Tell me have you ever been and involved victim of an indiscriminate bombing?

And the good christians who held me against a wall while they pushed my babies pushchair in front of a moving bus, then ran and escaped through a church, perhaps they stopped and prayed to their god for forgiveness.

Tell me have you ever had ignorant and intolerant people try and kill your children?

There are several other good christians who deserve my hatred for abuses they have metered out in ignorance but I really do not hate them, I just feel sorry for their ignorance.

So don’t you FOOKING dare lie about my emotions when you have not the slightest FOOKING clue what you are FOOKING talking about you deliberately ignorant moron.

I wonder, are you simply going to ignore this comment like you have so many others in the past that show you up for what you are?
Jim

Cambridge, UK

#380 Jan 6, 2014
Lnc wrote:
As an American I am proud of our first President, George Washington and wanted to share this//
“By the President of the United States of America, a Proclamation.
“Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor — and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness.
“Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be — That we may then all unite in rendering unto him our sincere and humble thanks — for his kind care and protection of the People of this Country previous to their becoming a Nation — for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of his Providence which we experienced in the course and conclusion of the late war — for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyed — for the peaceable and rational manner, in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately instituted — for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed; and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and in general for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us.
“And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressions — to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually — to render our national government a blessing to all the people, by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed — to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shewn kindness unto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord — To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the encrease of science among them and us — and generally to grant unto all Mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.
“Given under my hand at the City of New York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.”
Go. Washington
In the UK "God Save the Queen"
In the US "In God We Trust"
LCNin weasely Creationist Cult Member has changed his name to Lcn
Thinking

Poole, UK

#381 Jan 6, 2014
cacharking is too busy sacrificing sheep and ox to understand your clearly worded post.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with religion or with “most” religious people. I have never said hate religion and I have never said I hate religious people in general, in fact my best friend is very religious and as high up in the BAC church hierarchy as a woman can get. But it is true that I feel sorry for those whose ignorance causes them to deny evolution, feeling sorry for someone falls a long, long way short of hatred.
What I have no tolerance for is the deliberate ignorance and lies that “some”(including you) religious people consider as their religion. The deliberate ignorance and hatred they employ to brand anyone not worshipping in the way they think fit. Here are some examples of your hatred
You have publicly lied about my commitment to charity or are you going to lie to your god by denying that?
You have publicly lied that I have no beliefs and when I responded you chose to ignore the response without even an apology for your lies. Or are you going to lie to your god by denying that?
You have publicly lied about what non belief in your way of thinking involves or are you going to lie to your god by denying that?
You have vomited hatred because I do not bow down to your god. Not just at me either but you abuse anyone who does not think you god is worth the bother of worshipping. Never mind links, are you going to lie to your god by denying that?
In the very post I am replying to here your hatred of atheism reeks. You make lying statements and then ask for proof that you are not lying by defining a particular word “hate”. Hatred comes in many guises so please be good enough to put you fooking money where you mouth is and show us links to any post that states “I hate religion” or “i hate religious people” or “i hate people who don't believe evolution” or “I hate retarded, idiotic, f!ck!n! creationists” or “I hate religotards” or are you just one of the deliberately ignorant liars who lie for you god and hope to get away with it.
Lets face it, without the hatred and bile and lies you vomit about atheists I (and several other people) would not be having this conversation.
What I do hate are the people who try and kill me and mine and you must admit that there is a very good reason for that hatred.
I hate people the IRA who did a damn good job of destroying Manchester centre and injuring a lot of people in the process (some seriously). So are you saying that I should welcome and love the IRA because they are a christian terrorist organisation?
Tell me have you ever been and involved victim of an indiscriminate bombing?
And the good christians who held me against a wall while they pushed my babies pushchair in front of a moving bus, then ran and escaped through a church, perhaps they stopped and prayed to their god for forgiveness.
Tell me have you ever had ignorant and intolerant people try and kill your children?
There are several other good christians who deserve my hatred for abuses they have metered out in ignorance but I really do not hate them, I just feel sorry for their ignorance.
So don’t you FOOKING dare lie about my emotions when you have not the slightest FOOKING clue what you are FOOKING talking about you deliberately ignorant moron.
I wonder, are you simply going to ignore this comment like you have so many others in the past that show you up for what you are?

#382 Jan 6, 2014
Thinking wrote:
cacharking is too busy sacrificing sheep and ox to understand your clearly worded post.
<quoted text>
Good morning good sir and happy New Year to you and yours, I do hope you had a good winter break.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#383 Jan 6, 2014
Very good thanks - same back to you.

My dog ate someone's left over Vindaloo sauce at the pub last night, didn't even lick her lips or order herself a lager. Respect was due. I'm just glad we've got a dog flap, that's all.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning good sir and happy New Year to you and yours, I do hope you had a good winter break.

#384 Jan 6, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Very good thanks - same back to you.
My dog ate someone's left over Vindaloo sauce at the pub last night, didn't even lick her lips or order herself a lager. Respect was due. I'm just glad we've got a dog flap, that's all.
<quoted text>
Cheers.

That’s shocking, so have you had some landscaping done? But at least it was only pub Vindaloo, could have been worse, could have been a Phall
Thinking

Poole, UK

#385 Jan 6, 2014
Actually it was delivered from a really nice curry house. My pub is cool about receiving take-ins once their kitchen is shut. The dog's absolutely unaffected but I don't plan to make a habit of it!
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers.
That’s shocking, so have you had some landscaping done? But at least it was only pub Vindaloo, could have been worse, could have been a Phall

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 38 min Chimney1 48,645
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 1 hr JustASkeptic 40
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 hr scientia potentia... 23,511
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 7 hr Richardfs 5,696
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 8 hr Thinking 21,875
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 hr ChristineM 258,041
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 12 hr Mikko 1
More from around the web