10 celebs you didn't know were atheists

Feb 23, 2013 Full story: Salon 141

It's almost Oscar season, and we all know what that means: a parade of well-dressed, trophy-clutching men and women thanking their friends, family, spouses, and above all, God.

Full Story
Lincoln

United States

#61 Mar 10, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Google: Evangelical
You might find that what you are trying to say is an impossibility. Even the 5th. definition requires a movement and leaders, and if you know what "atheist" means you will quickly understand that it is not possible.
evan·gel·i·cal
adjective 1.: of, relating to, or being in agreement with the Christian gospel especially as it is presented in the four Gospels
2.: protestant
3.: emphasizing salvation by faith in the atoning death of Jesus Christ through personal conversion, the authority of Scripture, and the importance of preaching as contrasted with ritual
4. a capitalized : of or relating to the Evangelical Church in Germany 'b often capitalized : of, adhering to, or marked by fundamentalism : fundamentalist 'c often capitalized : low church
5.: marked by militant or crusading zeal : evangelistic <the evangelical ardor of the movement's leaders — Amos Vogel>
<<<<<
The only rejecting that is going on stems from the pulpit. The clergy have noticed the thinner wallets and they understand that something must be done to protect themselves from the horror of being forced to seek gainful employment. So they stir the pot (give us horns so to speak, make up scary things to claim that we are) and the religitards line up to condemn the same people whom they claim to love.
Most what, turn out to be agnostics? Atheists? Most atheists are agnostics? You damned fool, look up the words before using.
None of us are Christain, nor like the Christains, and there is no role for atheists, and an agnostic is simply a chicken sh!t theist fence sitter.
As far as I am concerned, we humans are all non-believers, some of us are just honest about it. If any of you loons believed what you claim to believe, you literally would never get off your knees.
Your god is the most anti-human vindictive, and unfair monster that was ever conceived from the mind of man. You all use bits and pieces of the myth to bolster your own wants and to excuse certain actions, and other than that the god-tool myths do not pertain to you, but to others.
Atheist: not theist ... nothing more, just not theist. Exactly like you were, before indoctrination.
Funny post.
Atheists are often so serious and funny :-)

Agnostic / Atheist both ignored by America for the most part.

Since I am not religious your...
"Exactly like you were, before indoctrination." says a bit about your atheist-bot reaction.:-)

"Your God is the most anti-human vindictive..." not necessarily my God
but does reveal a bit about you?

You may be drinking too much coffee? Decaf could solves some of your issues?

Peace
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#62 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
...Since I am not religious ...
This seems to be the "I don't have any religious beliefs myself of course, but..." approach?
Lincoln

United States

#63 Mar 10, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>This seems to be the "I don't have any religious beliefs myself of course, but..." approach?
Religious beliefs often kept private while reading atheist insecurity.
Peace
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#64 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious beliefs often kept private while reading atheist insecurity.
Peace
That's what I thought. A cop-out. You defend religious beliefs while afraid of admitting to any.
Lincoln

United States

#65 Mar 10, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>That's what I thought. A cop-out. You defend religious beliefs while afraid of admitting to any.
You are in Great Britain? Your taxes go the an established church :-) Different one in Scotland and Wales or are you in England. Jolly Good Show! We had a revolution here and no tax supported churches.

We enjoy the BBC programs that you pay for, thanks!

Yes, enjoying the atheist forum, are you?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#66 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
...:-)... Yes, enjoying the atheist forum, are you?
Its ok. I hope my smiles aren't looking as fixed as yours.
Lincoln

United States

#67 Mar 10, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Its ok. I hope my smiles aren't looking as fixed as yours.
We enjoy BBC programs,
BBC web site
Radio 4 and
read The Guardian, Used to be The Manchester Guardian.

UK is first class in production of films,
literature and culture.

Have a great day !

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"We aren't praying to little blue gods..."
From the start, the tone of atheist evangelicals suggested desperation .
Atheism may be understood as a response to the persistence of faith. This may explain the tone of atheists and increasingly angry at the fact that people continue to believe.
Atheists may wish control of America at a time of their own decline ? Odd and ironic
Um, do you ever live in reality?
Lincoln

United States

#69 Mar 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, do you ever live in reality?
Atheists often seem unable to defend their philosophy .... thus spend time attacking those who believe as "god-bots" Another poster uses "Jewsus". Amusing !

We each have our own reality to live
and hope that yours is happy.

Peace

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#70 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists often seem unable to defend their philosophy .... thus spend time attacking those who believe as "god-bots" Another poster uses "Jewsus". Amusing !
We each have our own reality to live
and hope that yours is happy.
Peace
Well, since most of us don't have a philosophy, yeah, it's kind of hard to defend something that's not there.
Lincoln

United States

#71 Mar 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since most of us don't have a philosophy, yeah, it's kind of hard to defend something that's not there.
knowledge of ones mortality
is often a place to start.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#72 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
knowledge of ones mortality
is often a place to start.
Um, what? Could you please start making some sense?
Lincoln

United States

#73 Mar 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, what? Could you please start making some sense?
Mortality !
We all die in the end.
You realize this?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#74 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Mortality !
We all die in the end.
You realize this?
Yes. What is your point?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#75 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny post.
Atheists are often so serious and funny :-)
Agnostic / Atheist both ignored by America for the most part.
Since I am not religious your...
"Exactly like you were, before indoctrination." says a bit about your atheist-bot reaction.:-)
"Your God is the most anti-human vindictive..." not necessarily my God
but does reveal a bit about you?
You may be drinking too much coffee? Decaf could solves some of your issues?
Peace
Lincoln wrote: Funny post.
Atheists are often so serious and funny :-)
Reason Personified wrote: Thanks. Truth presented in an acceptable form, huh?

Lincoln wrote: Agnostic / Atheist both ignored by America for the most part.
Reason Personified wrote: Not at all ignored, but then you wouldn't know, would you, beings you are not an atheist nor a theist? That leaves you with no reference points.

Lincoln wrote: Since I am not religious your...
"Exactly like you were, before indoctrination." says a bit about your atheist-bot reaction.:-)
Reason Personified wrote: Really, does it say that I know what an atheist is, and I know how an atheist becomes a theist? Yeah, it does, that is exactly what it says.

Lincoln wrote: "Your God is the most anti-human vindictive..." not necessarily my God
but does reveal a bit about you?
Reason Personified wrote: It says that I have no fear of saying what I found in the bible. The non-existent is so not to be feared.

Lincoln wrote: You may be drinking too much coffee? Decaf could solves some of your issues?
Reason Personified wrote: What issues? Honesty, is my honesty an issue for you? Would decaf take away from me what I have learned, would decaf delete my bible knowledge?

Lincoln wrote: Peace
Reason Personified wrote: Why do I not believe you?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#76 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious beliefs often kept private while reading atheist insecurity.
Peace
You are not reading any atheist insecurity, but you may be reading "in" some insecurities, and you will always get called on it. We have no problem with showing who we are, and what we think, so anything you choose to add to what we say will not be accepted.

Long ago, an identification was coined for those like you, and it has always played out like we say it will. You are what we call a "stealth theist", you will show your true colors.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#77 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in Great Britain? Your taxes go the an established church :-) Different one in Scotland and Wales or are you in England. Jolly Good Show! We had a revolution here and no tax supported churches.
We enjoy the BBC programs that you pay for, thanks!
Yes, enjoying the atheist forum, are you?
Oh you are wrong there. The churches, the founders, the congregants, and the employees all use the city, county, and state services, to get them to the churches which sit on huge untaxed pieces of land with million dollar untaxed structures.

Every other group that provides entertainment, pays their taxes and so should the churches, and they should pay the same higher rate that the entertainment industry quite often has to pay. To not be considered entertainment, the church should have to prove their claims. The god needs to be proven, the miracles need to be proven, heaven, hell, and all the rest.

There are very simple ways to prove what is taught from the bible. One of the simplest is the promise Jewsus made that said," anything you ask in his name, it shall be done". No qualifiers needed, just ask in his name.

Do you think that could be proven to be true, even once?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#78 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists often seem unable to defend their philosophy .... thus spend time attacking those who believe as "god-bots" Another poster uses "Jewsus". Amusing !
We each have our own reality to live
and hope that yours is happy.
Peace
Do you think you could enlighten us? None of us are aware of an atheist philosophy, nor do we defend that which we are sure does not exist. Do you rate our non defense of the non-existent philosophy as an inability to defend, that philosophy which you have assigned to us, without our acceptance of it, nor our having any knowledge of it?

Those who believe as "godbots", are not who we attack, but rather those who condemn as godbots, and those who vote for all to be ruled by their own particular brand of godbottery. Those are the religitards that we will neuter.

Do you like the "Jewsus" bit? It came from me. I tired of the religitards that see their Jewish Rabbi as a blue eyed blonde Christain, so I brought a new dose of truth to these threads. The Jewsus myth was anything but a blue eyed blonde, and his utter disdain for anyone but those of Jewish descent was easily proven.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#79 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Mortality !
We all die in the end.
You realize this?
I agree with KK what is your point? Do you think, that we think that we will live forever?
Lincoln

United States

#80 Mar 10, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Oh you are wrong there. The churches, the founders, the congregants, and the employees all use the city, county, and state services, to get them to the churches which sit on huge untaxed pieces of land with million dollar untaxed structures.
Every other group that provides entertainment, pays their taxes and so should the churches, and they should pay the same higher rate that the entertainment industry quite often has to pay. To not be considered entertainment, the church should have to prove their claims. The god needs to be proven, the miracles need to be proven, heaven, hell, and all the rest.
There are very simple ways to prove what is taught from the bible. One of the simplest is the promise

Jewsus

made that said," anything you ask in his name, it shall be done". No qualifiers needed, just ask in his name.
Do you think that could be proven to be true, even once?
"Jewsus" (sic)

Another one
that cant spell Jesus or
is a friend
of the
der Führer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 7 min Eman 22,192
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min New Age Spiritual... 227,460
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 34 min BeHereNow 45
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr Patrick 925
Stump a theist with 2 questions 5 hr Patrick 26
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 7 hr True Christian wi... 4,086
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 18 hr Patrick 189
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••