10 celebs you didn't know were atheists

Feb 23, 2013 Full story: Salon 141

It's almost Oscar season, and we all know what that means: a parade of well-dressed, trophy-clutching men and women thanking their friends, family, spouses, and above all, God.

Full Story

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#41 Mar 3, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Hardly. I've had better looking and looks don't make a man a keeper. Baby faces propped up with middle age cosmetic surgery do not appeal to me.
He wasn't yours to keep nor yours to judge. Apperance is hardly worthy of basing a relationship on, it may a play a part in inital attraction, but it is not the glue that holds them together.

The relationship between those two people was most likely neither exclusive nor binding. But whether it was or wasn't, both he and she were the ones who could choose to walk away or not to walk away from it. I doubt that you were privy to any extenuating circumstances, nor to the any binding particulars concerning that relationship.

Factor in the very real attraction between him and Ms. Jolie, and consider that he was not property to be held on to, nor would he be doing anyone any favors by pretending otherwise. He followed his heart.
Lincoln

United States

#42 Mar 7, 2013
Celeb atheists - a funny topic
Lincoln

United States

#43 Mar 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. All you have done is demonstrate that you will make things up as you go.
Yes ! Agree

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#44 Mar 7, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Celeb atheists - a funny topic
I suggest you google' Atheist Christain clergy', now there is some funny. These members of the clergy have finally learned(they read the bible)enough of the crap, that they are pushing, to no longer believe it themselves, but it pays the bills, and put's the kids through college, so the now turned to atheist former Christian clergy members choose to keep on misleading the flock. Can you say Baaaaaaa?
Lincoln

United States

#45 Mar 8, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest you google' Atheist Christain clergy', now there is some funny. These members of the clergy have finally learned(they read the bible)enough of the crap, that they are pushing, to no longer believe it themselves, but it pays the bills, and put's the kids through college, so the now turned to atheist former Christian clergy members choose to keep on misleading the flock. Can you say Baaaaaaa?
"These members of the clergy have finally learned(they read the bible)enough of the crap..."

some inner conflicts?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#46 Mar 8, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"These members of the clergy have finally learned(they read the bible)enough of the crap..."
some inner conflicts?
Not at all, the bible myth is hardly intrinsic to my well being. How much of the bible have you read and thought "oh, hell no?' None, some, lot's?

What did you make of the golden hemorrhoids, or the golden rat sacrifices to your god?

Tell me your opinion on the dung-barley cakes?

Does it make a difference when the dung comes from the backside of man?

And what about that scripture that said man was only created because there was no one to till the earth, does it make you picture a fat lazy "all too human" god?

Does it terrify you that you might be made, to cook and eat your children?

Do you obey every last word of the bible, or do you pick and choose what you will and what you won't obey?

Have you stoned neighbors to death for wearing mixed fibers? Why not?

Now how much of this could you preach to your family as "you must obey it or burn in hell" because it's god's word?

All, some, none of it?
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#47 Mar 9, 2013
People who reject God's word the Bible and people who reject religion are two different types of beliefs.

Atheists are people who believe that nothing in existence is from a Creator or a God, they believe all things animate and inaminate just happened by chance. Therefore they are accountable to no one for their actions and the Laws of this earth are to be inforced only on those who are caught breaking them.

Being a true Atheist is alot different from a person who chooses to be an Atheist because he is a scorned ex Christian. Either Atheist is still a person with no hope and no contentment or promise of a future.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#48 Mar 9, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
People who reject God's word the Bible and people who reject religion are two different types of beliefs.
Atheists are people who believe that nothing in existence is from a Creator or a God, they believe all things animate and inaminate just happened by chance. Therefore they are accountable to no one for their actions and the Laws of this earth are to be inforced only on those who are caught breaking them.
Being a true Atheist is alot different from a person who chooses to be an Atheist because he is a scorned ex Christian. Either Atheist is still a person with no hope and no contentment or promise of a future.
So then you're an atheist.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#49 Mar 9, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
People who reject God's word the Bible and people who reject religion are two different types of beliefs.
Atheists are people who believe that nothing in existence is from a Creator or a God, they believe all things animate and inaminate just happened by chance. Therefore they are accountable to no one for their actions and the Laws of this earth are to be inforced only on those who are caught breaking them.
Being a true Atheist is alot different from a person who chooses to be an Atheist because he is a scorned ex Christian. Either Atheist is still a person with no hope and no contentment or promise of a future.
Just how long have you been an atheist?

How are your views of religions changing over time?

Have you mulled over the vast number of gods and religions that are all claimed to be the only right one?

Did you spend more time picking out a car*, than you did a god, back when you were a religitard?

*car, house, insurance policy, cell phone, television, shoes, clothing, mate, any of the big decisions
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#50 Mar 9, 2013
Just wanted you all to know that none of you are true Atheists, you are all just people with nothing to do.

I am a true Christian, that means that I am the only person on this Topix that can help anyone, the only thing is you have to want it from God's word, and you have to be looking for the truth.
Matthew 24:14

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#51 Mar 9, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Just wanted you all to know that none of you are true Atheists, you are all just people with nothing to do.
I am a true Christian, that means that I am the only person on this Topix that can help anyone, the only thing is you have to want it from God's word, and you have to be looking for the truth.
Matthew 24:14
Anyone looking for the truth will be sorely disappointed in the Bible.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#52 Mar 9, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Just wanted you all to know that none of you are true Atheists, you are all just people with nothing to do.
I am a true Christian, that means that I am the only person on this Topix that can help anyone, the only thing is you have to want it from God's word, and you have to be looking for the truth.
Matthew 24:14
You are a true Christain? If so, you don't get to define who we are ..... we do.

Did you know that being an atheist just means not theist? We aren't praying to little blue gods, we don't worship gods with way too many arms, we don't worship gods who would make us eat our children, and we know there is nothing wrong with that. Do you think there is something wrong with that?

Do you think we should worship, maybe the oldest gods, or the most humane gods, or maybe even the gods who are invincible? How much thought did you give your god choice? How many gods did you learn about and then decide they weren't right for you? Do you know that the Voodoo priestess and her zombies are all theist, just like you? It's is not which one you choose, but that you choose at all that makes you theist, until you chose, you were an atheist, just someone who was without theism.
Lincoln

United States

#53 Mar 9, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>You are a true Christain? If so, you don't get to define who we are ..... we do.
Did you know that being an atheist just means not theist? We aren't praying to little blue gods, we don't worship gods with way too many arms, we don't worship gods who would make us eat our children, and we know there is nothing wrong with that. Do you think there is something wrong with that?
Do you think we should worship, maybe the oldest gods, or the most humane gods, or maybe even the gods who are invincible? How much thought did you give your god choice? How many gods did you learn about and then decide they weren't right for you? Do you know that the Voodoo priestess and her zombies are all theist, just like you? It's is not which one you choose, but that you choose at all that makes you theist, until you chose, you were an atheist, just someone who was without theism.
"We aren't praying to little blue gods..."

From the start, the tone of atheist evangelicals suggested desperation .
Atheism may be understood as a response to the persistence of faith. This may explain the tone of atheists and increasingly angry at the fact that people continue to believe.

Atheists may wish control of America at a time of their own decline ? Odd and ironic

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#54 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"We aren't praying to little blue gods..."
From the start, the tone of atheist evangelicals suggested desperation .
Atheism may be understood as a response to the persistence of faith. This may explain the tone of atheists and increasingly angry at the fact that people continue to believe.
Atheists may wish control of America at a time of their own decline ? Odd and ironic
From the tone? Explain where you see "evangelical" ... or "desperation" ... or even something vague enough to qualify as "suggestion", rather than statement. "Tone" is for less blatant type posters, I flat out will say the words, and leave "tone" to the more delicate flowers here.
And atheism may "not" be understood as a response to the persistence of faith, atheism is the lack of theism, which if you are not sure what theism is, let me assure you that theism is not faith, and so atheism(as it's opposite)cannot be the lack nor the "persistence" of it.
Faith is seldom persistent, in fact it is most often wispy, miasmic, opaque or even downright imagined foolishness. We are seldom much affected by what is imagined in your world and absent in ours.
That we are disappointed in our fellow man's response to the most idiotic theisms, and silly god concepts is something we are just going to have to learn to live with, but it is just so difficult to imagine that among my own species are people ignorant/stupid/dumb enough to believe that a god whooped by the iron chariot, and who has his nose in everyone's underwear could be passed off as anything but a perve and a failure.
This next line >>> "Atheists may wish control of America at a time of their own decline ?" <<< was that just desperation to insult?
If so it fails spectacularly, it says nothing, it imply's nothing and it neither reflects nor spotlights, a single bit of who we are, in fact it even fails at insult too, it is meaningless.
We are atheist, that means without theism, as in ... it is not there in any form, in our lives. In blue gods or any other kind, which are all the same ...... imaginary.
Lincoln

United States

#55 Mar 10, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>From the tone? Explain where you see "evangelical" ... or "desperation" ... or even something vague enough to qualify as "suggestion", rather than statement. "Tone" is for less blatant type posters, I flat out will say the words, and leave "tone" to the more delicate flowers here.
And atheism may "not" be understood as a response to the persistence of faith, atheism is the lack of theism, which if you are not sure what theism is, let me assure you that theism is not faith, and so atheism(as it's opposite)cannot be the lack nor the "persistence" of it.
Faith is seldom persistent, in fact it is most often wispy, miasmic, opaque or even downright imagined foolishness. We are seldom much affected by what is imagined in your world and absent in ours.
That we are disappointed in our fellow man's response to the most idiotic theisms, and silly god concepts is something we are just going to have to learn to live with, but it is just so difficult to imagine that among my own species are people ignorant/stupid/dumb enough to believe that a god whooped by the iron chariot, and who has his nose in everyone's underwear could be passed off as anything but a perve and a failure.
This next line >>> "Atheists may wish control of America at a time of their own decline ?" <<< was that just desperation to insult?
If so it fails spectacularly, it says nothing, it imply's nothing and it neither reflects nor spotlights, a single bit of who we are, in fact it even fails at insult too, it is meaningless.
We are atheist, that means without theism, as in ... it is not there in any form, in our lives. In blue gods or any other kind, which are all the same ...... imaginary.
Most turn out to be agnostics. Atheists seems a bit more evangelical while agnostics a bit less.
The role of atheists is hard and this I respect as they are rejected by America.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#56 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Most turn out to be agnostics. Atheists seems a bit more evangelical while agnostics a bit less.
The role of atheists is hard and this I respect as they are rejected by America.
You really do talk nonsense, Lincoln.

Atheist...
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist

Agnostic...
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/agnostic

Only a religionist would care about the difference between the two. They are just words that define people in terms of religious beliefs and all the agnostics and atheists I know don't really have any.

The point is that one should only believe anything as far as the belief can be justified by reason and evidence. Belief should be a matter of degree, not absolute, religious or dogmatic. For instance, I couldn't care less if you describe me as agnostic or atheist. I am happy with either designation or none.
Lincoln

United States

#57 Mar 10, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>You really do talk nonsense, Lincoln.
Atheist...
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist
Agnostic...
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/agnostic
Only a religionist would care about the difference between the two. They are just words that define people in terms of religious beliefs and all the agnostics and atheists I know don't really have any.
The point is that one should only believe anything as far as the belief can be justified by reason and evidence. Belief should be a matter of degree, not absolute, religious or dogmatic. For instance, I couldn't care less if you describe me as agnostic or atheist. I am happy with either designation or none.
Sorry Not "a religionist :-) "

"Belief should be a matter of degree, not absolute, religious or dogmatic." Agree!

Philosophical moderation advocated by the Greeks and Marcus Aurelius

Why are atheists so touchy when it comes to criticism of this philosophy?

Peace
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#58 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Not "a religionist :-) "
"Belief should be a matter of degree, not absolute, religious or dogmatic." Agree!
Philosophical moderation advocated by the Greeks and Marcus Aurelius
Why are atheists so touchy when it comes to criticism of this philosophy?
Peace
You defend religious beliefs so you can't blame people for percieving you as being as bad - and as mistaken.
Lincoln

United States

#59 Mar 10, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>You defend religious beliefs so you can't blame people for percieving you as being as bad - and as mistaken.
Don't blame anyone for thinking religious...this covers a bit of territory.
Roman Catholics are interesting as they seem dogmatic.
Choosing a new Pope.

In communist countries the people in power always spelled Jesus and God in lower case letters. One clown spells "jewsus" on thread ;-)
Seems childish. and the term "god-bot" seems used often.

Atheists seem touchy when they are the source of comedy.
Peace

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#60 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Most turn out to be agnostics. Atheists seems a bit more evangelical while agnostics a bit less.
The role of atheists is hard and this I respect as they are rejected by America.
Google: Evangelical

You might find that what you are trying to say is an impossibility. Even the 5th. definition requires a movement and leaders, and if you know what "atheist" means you will quickly understand that it is not possible.

evan·gel·i·cal
adjective 1.: of, relating to, or being in agreement with the Christian gospel especially as it is presented in the four Gospels
2.: protestant
3.: emphasizing salvation by faith in the atoning death of Jesus Christ through personal conversion, the authority of Scripture, and the importance of preaching as contrasted with ritual
4. a capitalized : of or relating to the Evangelical Church in Germany 'b often capitalized : of, adhering to, or marked by fundamentalism : fundamentalist 'c often capitalized : low church
5.: marked by militant or crusading zeal : evangelistic <the evangelical ardor of the movement's leaders — Amos Vogel>
<<<<<

The only rejecting that is going on stems from the pulpit. The clergy have noticed the thinner wallets and they understand that something must be done to protect themselves from the horror of being forced to seek gainful employment. So they stir the pot (give us horns so to speak, make up scary things to claim that we are) and the religitards line up to condemn the same people whom they claim to love.

Most what, turn out to be agnostics? Atheists? Most atheists are agnostics? You damned fool, look up the words before using.

None of us are Christain, nor like the Christains, and there is no role for atheists, and an agnostic is simply a chicken sh!t theist fence sitter.

As far as I am concerned, we humans are all non-believers, some of us are just honest about it. If any of you loons believed what you claim to believe, you literally would never get off your knees.

Your god is the most anti-human vindictive, and unfair monster that was ever conceived from the mind of man. You all use bits and pieces of the myth to bolster your own wants and to excuse certain actions, and other than that the god-tool myths do not pertain to you, but to others.

Atheist: not theist ... nothing more, just not theist. Exactly like you were, before indoctrination.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min Aura Mytha 233,163
Evidence for God! 59 min NightSerf 372
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr _Bad Company 23,267
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 3 hr Morse 5,951
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 4 hr RayOne 2,621
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 5 hr SnuffAGlobalisst 23
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 10 hr Dee 41
More from around the web