James River holding "satelite" servic...
This is crazy

Belfast, TN

#41 Oct 28, 2009
I know Jon personally. He helped save my marriage. alright then asked a question that still no one can give an answer too.....I am an ex-member and there is my answer!
Well informed

Jefferson City, MO

#42 Oct 28, 2009
lindell is a very jeckel and hyde guy. Great speaker but power hungry.Has no mercy for those who disagree.
In Fear

Columbia City, IN

#43 Oct 29, 2009
John is very powerful he makes that clear to all who work for him, and he will use his power to destroy you if you cross him just ask Paul Kirk. And stop faulting people like Tommy Sparger for not doing more the fact is Tommy and others can not stand up to John, they know his spirit and they know that he would not stop with Paul. John will answer for his ways one day, by One who does not fear him, until that day John must live everyday with who he is and what he has done.
Cat Harms

Rogersville, MO

#44 Oct 29, 2009
And Yes my name is Cat its short for Catherine.I used my real name because its easy for all of you to spout out ugliness when you think you are hidden.And if its truth who will believe you if you need to hide.Like I said if everyone stands up for what is true and just you will not be standing alone. And make sure you speak thoughly researched information. WE ALL should be accountable.
Justin

United States

#45 Nov 2, 2009
Justin
7 days ago
This entry is slighted dated, but I thought I should comment anyway. I personally attend James River Assembly and am involved in ministry in the church. I know that the entire focus and vision is not being flashy, growing big, or obtaining more money–as you have stated. In fact, there is no sinister plot going on behind the scenes. It’s all simple really. All of the methods implemented are focused to win souls to Christ. We are losing a generation of young people because we are stuck in outdated methods that don’t work on the youth today. Traditional, mainline protestant churches are dying because they refuse to acknowledge the problem.
While the doctrine and core values should never be compromised, the packaging and presentation can be altered to meet the times. Jesus even implemented various techniques to reach His audience. The result: alter calls are full with people making life-changing commitments to Christ. Individuals are leaving lives of drug abuse, sexual addictions, and many other snares by the healing power of Christ on a weekly basis.
I personally (and I say this in love) cannot see how somebody can justify attacking a congregation that is making such a positive impact in the community and the state of Missouri. The church regularly assists the poor with free oil changes, One Heart ministry (which provides food for those in need), transportaton for those who need it (I have seen many vans, cars and trucks given away to people on Sunday mornings), Living Free (how to overcome addictions to alcohol, drugs, and other life-controlling mediums) and countless other outreaches.
My hope is that we can agree to unify the body of Christ and commit to carrying out the Gospel Commission. Remember, it was the Pharisees and Sadducees that condemned and ridiculed Christ and His disciples for not following their traditions (please see Matt. 7:1 as well).

May God richly bless you and yours!

Interested Party

Monett, MO

#46 Nov 3, 2009
This may all be true, but this still doesn't change the fact that John Lindell is a power hungry, prideful person that wanted to run Paul Kirk out of town, because he disagreed with him. It doesn't change the fact that Lindell is the prime person behind the lawsuit against Timbercreek & Paul Kirk. We can unify as soon as John Lindell and the A/G stop suing their fellow brothers & sisters in Christ, for their own personal gain or because they feel as though they have been wronged. Was Timbercreek & Paul Kirk right in the way that they handled things? No. But are they anymore wrong than the way that John Lindell is handling things now? No. Just because someone appears to be Holy, doesn't make them so. And just because a church is doing good things, doesn't mean that everything that it does is right.
Justin wrote:
Justin
7 days ago
This entry is slighted dated, but I thought I should comment anyway. I personally attend James River Assembly and am involved in ministry in the church. I know that the entire focus and vision is not being flashy, growing big, or obtaining more money–as you have stated. In fact, there is no sinister plot going on behind the scenes. It’s all simple really. All of the methods implemented are focused to win souls to Christ. We are losing a generation of young people because we are stuck in outdated methods that don’t work on the youth today. Traditional, mainline protestant churches are dying because they refuse to acknowledge the problem.
While the doctrine and core values should never be compromised, the packaging and presentation can be altered to meet the times. Jesus even implemented various techniques to reach His audience. The result: alter calls are full with people making life-changing commitments to Christ. Individuals are leaving lives of drug abuse, sexual addictions, and many other snares by the healing power of Christ on a weekly basis.
I personally (and I say this in love) cannot see how somebody can justify attacking a congregation that is making such a positive impact in the community and the state of Missouri. The church regularly assists the poor with free oil changes, One Heart ministry (which provides food for those in need), transportaton for those who need it (I have seen many vans, cars and trucks given away to people on Sunday mornings), Living Free (how to overcome addictions to alcohol, drugs, and other life-controlling mediums) and countless other outreaches.
My hope is that we can agree to unify the body of Christ and commit to carrying out the Gospel Commission. Remember, it was the Pharisees and Sadducees that condemned and ridiculed Christ and His disciples for not following their traditions (please see Matt. 7:1 as well).
May God richly bless you and yours!
Romper Room

Webb City, MO

#47 Nov 3, 2009
sad
Justin

Mount Vernon, IA

#48 Nov 3, 2009
After reading the entirety of this thread, I am convinved that the allegations made against John Lindell and James River Assembly are not accurate, nor honest. The spirit in which these posts are written do not reflect that of Christ.

Let me remind you of what the Bible says about idle words and slander (which is what unproven claims are):

Leviticus 19:16 –“Do not go about spreading slander among your people. Do not do anything that endangers your neighbor’s life. I am the Lord.”

Proverbs 11:13 –“A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret.”

Romans 1:29 –“They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips.”

1 Timothy 5:13 –“Besides, they get into the habit of being idle and going about from house to house. And not only do they become idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying things they ought not to.”

Matthew 7:1 –“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.”

Proverbs 18:8 –“The words of gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man’s inmost parts.”

Granted, I'm not going to claim to know all of the details of what occurred at Timbercreek--I was not there (and I doubt that 99.9% of those posting were there either). What I do know is that the pastor of Timbercreek was attempting to take the congregation in a direction that many opposed. Worse yet, the heiretical type of leadership that many of you claim is the AG, was seen in actions he performed, without even consulting his membership or church board. Long before the lawsuit was launched, Timbercreek had lost most of its membership. It is my belief that the GC of the AG was warranted in its lawsuit due to the following reasons:

1. The church was founded using AG funds from surrounded churches
2. The church's pastor was attempting to "hi-jack" the congregation and its belief system

The Greene county court system tried the case and decided in the AGs favor because all of the above points were proven legally.

Whether or not a resolution outside of court could or could not have been reached, I don't honestly know. I'm not going to speculate. It is indeed sad that a pastor would use changes in his political and religious belief systems and attempt to change an AG congregation.

I rest by my statement that we should seek unity. It is my prayer that broken hearts will be healed and that idle words would cease. What good is a constant "stirring the pot of emotions?" Who does it benefit? Only Satan is pleased when we dwell on gossip, slander, and disunity. Unless statements against John Lindell, James River Assembly, Timbercreek and its pastor can be backed with solid proof and evidence--I do not want to hear them. One example of such lies: an earlier poster claimed that the new pastor of the Wilsons Creek campus drives an expenside white Hummer. True? No. He drives a Kia minivan, far from extravagant. It's posts like these that accomplish nothing.

I sincerely love all of my brothers and sisters in Christ, and do not want this previous unfortunate situation to block any relationship you have with Christ or His people. I hope that everything I have said will not be misinterpreted or misunderstood. I love you and wish you all the best!
In Fear

Columbia City, IN

#49 Nov 3, 2009
You blind fool! you are a cult member and John is your god. The truth is Paul Kirk simply resigned his credintials with the A/G and was met with a lawsuit full of false statements. the truth is the first Judge ruled in Timbercreek's favor for over a year and it was not until a new judge that was bought and paid for by the A/G reversed all rulings in a 30 day period. You also are blind when it comes to the Membership of Timbercreek, the records are clear 100% of the members voted in favor of change in bylaws over a year before any decision was made by Paul. I am sure these details will not matter to you as your head is clearly to far up John's rear to hear anything other than his mumbled voice. Your precious A/G has sued many people and ruined many churches and good men and women. check the records and pull your head out while you still can.
Justin

Brooklyn, NY

#50 Nov 3, 2009
 34-37"You have minds like a snake pit! How do you suppose what you say is worth anything when you are so foul-minded? It's your heart, not the dictionary, that gives meaning to your words. A good person produces good deeds and words season after season. An evil person is a blight on the orchard. Let me tell you something: Every one of these careless words is going to come back to haunt you. There will be a time of Reckoning. Words are powerful; take them seriously. Words can be your salvation. Words can also be your damnation (Matt. 12:36, MSG)."

If you insist on making slanderous statements, in all fairness I must insist you back them up with evidence. I would appreciate names of the individuals involved, dates, evidence substantiating your claims, and then and only then will I put any stock whatsoever in anything you have stated.

I warn you out of love: God does not take attacks against Hos children lightly. Remember Elisha and the kids you made fun of him saying, "Go up you bald man of Israel." What happened? Bears ate the kids...harsh, I know. My point is very simple. You don't have to attend James River Assembly. You don't have to agree with their doctrines. If you don't believe like we do, I would encourage you to find another Bible-believing church in the area. I don't see how it's necessary for you to pointlessly make mean statements about ONE of God's MANY churches or its shepherd--John Lindell. I have met the man personally, and all I saw was humility and kindness in his personality.

I realize that sentiments like yours usually stem from previous experiences of pain and hurt. I have been in your shoes in the past and realize that people responding in like-kind only causes the scars to run deeper. I will respond in defense when needed, but at the same time I will sincerely pray for God's leading, blessing and the Lord's best in life!
Just Ask

Columbia City, IN

#51 Nov 4, 2009
The court of appeals will rule and then TC will go back to court and all of the evidence will come out, former staff will testify the General council will be joined to the case and John Lindell’s mask will be pulled off. Until then ask any former staff member who John really is, not the John that you get to see on Sunday’s or in a private meeting . But the John that rules by treats and intimidation, The John Lindell, that has ran off most of the guys who served him, ask James Olson how much anxiety and blood pressure medicine he had to take while working for John, ask Phil Vandyne how brutal it can be working for John. Talk with Tommy Sparger, Anthony Scoma , Tom Istel , Chris Lewis, Greg Marquart, Paul Kirk ask his own Father in Law Tim Keene what John is really like to serve and who John really is when the congregation is not looking. Ask any of their wives or children what it was like to find out that your pastor and spiritual leader was prone to outburst of severe anger, threats and vindictiveness. Ask Norma Parks about your pastor and what he has done to those that serve him. Most of us have just walked away and medicated or counseled our way back to life, some just walked away some fought back and received exactly what John had threatened. While I don’t agree with the tone or language of “In Fear” I do understand the hurt, I was there and I and my family are still wondering how someone so special on Sunday’s could be so evil on other days. I wait for the day when people like you are able to make a more informed decision on which you trust to lead you spiritually.
Well informed

Jefferson City, MO

#52 Nov 12, 2009
all you say is probably true
Just Ask wrote:
The court of appeals will rule and then TC will go back to court and all of the evidence will come out, former staff will testify the General council will be joined to the case and John Lindell’s mask will be pulled off. Until then ask any former staff member who John really is, not the John that you get to see on Sunday’s or in a private meeting . But the John that rules by treats and intimidation, The John Lindell, that has ran off most of the guys who served him, ask James Olson how much anxiety and blood pressure medicine he had to take while working for John, ask Phil Vandyne how brutal it can be working for John. Talk with Tommy Sparger, Anthony Scoma , Tom Istel , Chris Lewis, Greg Marquart, Paul Kirk ask his own Father in Law Tim Keene what John is really like to serve and who John really is when the congregation is not looking. Ask any of their wives or children what it was like to find out that your pastor and spiritual leader was prone to outburst of severe anger, threats and vindictiveness. Ask Norma Parks about your pastor and what he has done to those that serve him. Most of us have just walked away and medicated or counseled our way back to life, some just walked away some fought back and received exactly what John had threatened. While I don’t agree with the tone or language of “In Fear” I do understand the hurt, I was there and I and my family are still wondering how someone so special on Sunday’s could be so evil on other days. I wait for the day when people like you are able to make a more informed decision on which you trust to lead you spiritually.
I was there

Milford, IN

#53 Nov 16, 2009
Justin where did you go? the evedience is hard to take isn't it? your pastor, pastor John is not what you think! be careful, I promise if needed he will do the same to you. John's track record is long and not talked about, he has hurt every staff member that has ever worked for him.
Steve

Springfield, MO

#54 Nov 18, 2009
Well, i was torn between posting here and wasting my time or not posting and leaving you guys to spread lies. I decided to post. I for one know Pastor John, have been to his house, and know he doesnt drive a white hummer lol... He drives a white Toyota Tundra, but i'll let that lie pass and assume you just dont know your trucks ;). And btw, I am a student of the leadership college there and work with a lot of the pastors on staff all the time including him and he is a very nice guy that loves God and reaching people. Btw, i disagree with him on some stuff too... I'm still here! peoples lives are being changed everyday through his ministry.
Even if what you say is truth which it is not, you are disobeying God which puts you no different than this image you have of john. Paul says in Phillipians 1:15-18
"15 Some indeed preach Christ from envy and rivalry, but others from good will.
16 The latter do it out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel.
17 The former proclaim Christ out of rivalry, not sincerely but thinking to afflict me in my imprisonment.
18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in that I rejoice.
Yes, and I will rejoice,"
You should too.
Steve

Springfield, MO

#55 Nov 18, 2009
... my bad. it's a black tundra!
you are blind

Milford, IN

#56 Nov 19, 2009
Steve, John is not who you think he is just pole his former staff. put down the koolaid,you brain washed little man (tool).
Justin

Mount Vernon, IA

#57 Nov 23, 2009
"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." Prov. 29:9

I have chosen not to respond to every single additional comment regarding Pastor John, because I don't believe it's necessary. I could argue all day until I'm blue in the face, but it's clear that the only goal is to attack Christ and the spreading of the Gospel. Lies, rumors, and the such are not a new tool of Satan's. Even back during the apostles days, the devil would attack using deceit.

I will echo Steve's sentiment: I have also met John personally, I don't see what some have claimed in his personality, and although I don't blindly follow a man, I test his words with the Bible and HAVE found them to be in line with Scripture.

Anonymous posters, who spread lies and conceal their identity, have no honor. I would encourage you to seek God and truly ask: is this the Spirit of Christ? Could you be more production in your Christian example and participate in spreading the Gospel, instead of attacking God's people? Please, I sincerely am concerned for your spiritual well-being and ask IN LOVE that you consider what I am saying. May God richly bless each and every one of you!
you are blind

Milford, IN

#58 Nov 30, 2009
I know the truth is hard to take, but John has F@#$ed over more than a few people and it will catch up to him.
Justin

Mount Vernon, IA

#60 Dec 2, 2009
I am surprised by the lack of logic in your statement. If a church is growing and has exceeded capacity, the only option is to BUILD. Where do you suggest we put our growing numbers—outside? What I'm saying is relatively simple: James River Assembly is growing because they are doing something right. I was saved at James River and have encountered an environment where I can grow, serve in ministry, and be a blessing to society. I was raised in a cult, and I have encountered a completely different atmosphere here at James River. LDS, Catholics, Jehovah’s Witness, Seventh-day Adventists and other cults are all tied to legalism, whereas James River Assembly is all about love, service, and growing in your relationship with God and others.

No matter how many attacks may be lodged against God’s Church—it will continue to stand the test of time. James River has experienced phenomenal growth because of its commitment to preaching the Gospel and providing an atmosphere of spiritual growth.

Yes, all 10,000 of us are awake—to God’s love and providence in our lives. We all have thousands of individual stories of how God—through James River Assembly (a vessel of His)—has delivered us from deception (in my case), drugs, alcohol, family problems, suicide and so, so many more life-controlling issues. No one can look a previously homeless child (that has been matched with a loving family due to James River’s adoption ministry) in the face and say that “James River Assembly is all about money and buildings.” I know that’s a lie. No one can look a single mother in the eye who has been assisted by the “One Heart” ministry and given food, clothing and maybe even transportation—all free of charge—and say “James River is all about the money.” It’s these countless stories—and mine--that prove your theory baseless. Do you even know how many millions of dollars are invested back into the community? I do—and it’s a staggering figure! The building budget only represents 25% or less of the annual budget. Easter Sunday nearly 16,000 people crammed into a building that seats 3,600 during four services. The leadership has talked about expanding, but have decided to add more services and a second campus so that more money can be invested in lives, instead of buildings. That point ALONE proves you wrong.

What I'm saying is simple: as long as James River Assembly is meeting the needs of the sheep, it will grow. It will expand, and the buildings will be huge… does that mean it’s all about money? No. When you put the square footage of James River Assembly and its buildings into perspective with the 10,000 plus individuals in attendance—the amount of money spent per person is actually the same as what a smaller church would be spending for their building (with less attendance). Even if it was more (and I have seen annual budget reports and know what is spent), I don’t think it’s fair to put a price tag on saving souls for Jesus. Nothing is too extravagant, and no expenditure is too great when lives are being impacted. Am I impassioned? Yes. Why? It’s simple: my life has been transformed by this church. That’s my perspective.
This is crazy

Belfast, TN

#61 Dec 24, 2009
Amen Justin. I have been in a situation where Pastor Jon had to call out sin and deceit in my family. Jon had to perform "tough love", but in it all I still saw a man (in multiple interactions) that was pained for us in our sin, who through it all still showed compassion, humitlity, and love. When we had walked through this he was the first to rejoice in our restoration. That is the kind of pastor I want to be under and just one example of how that church is and will continue to grow with God's help

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Assemblies of God Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Aug '07) 11 hr Sheryl Perruquet 78
Is it God's will? Nov 24 Anonymous 1
Becoming an assembly of God minister.. (Jan '08) Nov 13 Beloved060812 85
Recruiting for a study on experiences of Christ... Jul '16 Christianwellbein... 1
News Assemblies of God files lawsuit against congreg... (Mar '07) Jul '16 Zach 114
Biological Father doesn't acknowledge me (Aug '10) Apr '16 Sterilizedeadbeat... 21
Assemblies of God churches in Namibia (Feb '13) Apr '16 Sis Gorata 4
More from around the web