Primate of Kenya hits out at Church o...

Primate of Kenya hits out at Church of England lifting of gay bishop ban

There are 5 comments on the The Independent story from Jan 6, 2013, titled Primate of Kenya hits out at Church of England lifting of gay bishop ban. In it, The Independent reports that:

Jerome Taylor first came to The Independent in 2005 and joined the Foreign Desk.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Independent.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#1 Jan 6, 2013
Exactly the intelligent response I would expect from a primate.
SirAndrew

Honolulu, HI

#2 Jan 6, 2013
Exactly. That title makes him sound like an ape. Perhaps with reason—and this is a comment on intelligence, not race. It is sad that so many people who claim to follow their Christ are so full of hatred for others also created by their so-called god.

This guy is particularly childish. If the church does not do what he wants, he and his mentally and morally challenged followers will take their marbles and go home.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#3 Jan 6, 2013
SirAndrew wrote:
Exactly. That title makes him sound like an ape. Perhaps with reason—and this is a comment on intelligence, not race. It is sad that so many people who claim to follow their Christ are so full of hatred for others also created by their so-called god.
This guy is particularly childish. If the church does not do what he wants, he and his mentally and morally challenged followers will take their marbles and go home.
That's exactly what I thought when reading the headline, that a great ape was annoyed with the Church of England on its new more enlightened take on fellow humans. Come to think, most church leaders ARE ape like, only wanting to eat bananas with their feet and tossing poo at those they don't approve of. I'm sure the good "Primate" looks adorable on his tire swing.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#4 Jan 6, 2013
SirAndrew wrote:
And, have you ever been to a carnival or circus when the man with the hurdy gurdy has a trained monkey in an cute little coat and cap and the little monkey will accept a coin and shove it into the hurdy gurdy man's container. That is what most churches are about, getting an ape to collect money and shove it into the church's bigger container. All the poor deluded congregation gets is a tip of the bigger ape's hat. About as useful as the little monkey's thank you also, is what the poor saps who pour good money into the church's greedy hands.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#9 Jan 7, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Exactly the intelligent response I would expect from a primate.
If he is a primate, he belongs in a zoo with the monkeys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anglican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Filling an Educational Void Feb 9 Maggie 2
News Minister Sparks Outrage After Asking People To ... Jan 22 Jehovahcordell 3
News 2018 likely to be another tough year for the ar... Dec '17 Listen to the Word 1
News Minister Sparks Outrage After Asking People To ... Dec '17 Magic Utah Uwear 2
News No 'Armageddon' if euthanasia, same-sex marriag... Dec '17 Frindly 6
News Anglican Dean of Perth could seek to hold same-... Nov '17 Guardian Angel 1
News Sex with congregation members was consensual, T... Nov '17 Sad 1
More from around the web