Agnosticism & the theological question through open hypothes

Apr 5, 2009 Full story: LinkFilter

Strictly speaking, agnosticism is the only acceptable line of thought for people of a scientific mentality in what pertains to the theological question.

Full Story
Pat

Granby, CT

#1 Apr 20, 2009
Agnosticism deals strictly with knowledge, not belief. Even most theists who admit their belief in god relies upon faith will admit there is no way to prove or disprove the existence of god. If one is an agnostic, they still have to be either an agnostic atheist or an agnostic theist as to their belief in god.

To believe blindly in things just because you desire them to be true is nothing short of self deception. The only rational position to hold on the existence of god is the agnostic atheist.

“The evidence is everywhere.”

Since: Nov 08

Toronto

#2 Jun 5, 2009
Pat wrote:
Agnosticism deals strictly with knowledge, not belief. Even most theists who admit their belief in god relies upon faith will admit there is no way to prove or disprove the existence of god. If one is an agnostic, they still have to be either an agnostic atheist or an agnostic theist as to their belief in god.
To believe blindly in things just because you desire them to be true is nothing short of self deception. The only rational position to hold on the existence of god is the agnostic atheist.
What if there was proof? I mean, tangible, physical verifiable proof. Would you believe in GOD? People have made claims like this all the time and they are proven to be hoaxes. What if there was proof? What form would it have to be in, in order for a scientifically enlightened era to accept it is truth? Good question. You may enjoy this.
http://vimeo.com/4541598

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#3 Aug 8, 2009
GodisOne said "What if there was proof? I mean, tangible, physical verifiable proof. Would you believe in GOD? People have made claims like this all the time and they are proven to be hoaxes. What if there was proof? What form would it have to be in, in order for a scientifically enlightened era to accept it is truth? Good question. You may enjoy this.
http://vimeo.com/454" ;

Perhaps the question needs to be rephrased. Instead of proof we should be asking for truth.
Due to the ability of the human mind to rationalize it is really easy to "prove" something with proofs that are not real. To find truth we have to be open to what is. A lot of people cling to the idea of their "god" despite evidence to the contrary. Look at the Cargo Cult for example. It is scary to face an indifferent universe and is comforting to know that there is an all powerful Deity that is going to protect you but facing what is may turn out to be a pleasant surprise and much nicer than the primitive volcano god. I admit it takes courage and total commitment to meet the challenge of our existence. Most people prefer to let the search for meaning be carried out by experts and then go to a church that sounds good, not questioning the illogical "proofs" that are put forth. Some prefer to dismiss the search for meaning as pointless and cling to the limited findings of science to "Prove" there is no god feeling this is preferable to the volcano god that is worshiped by the majority.

There is another path that has been followed by very few through the ages. This path is the inward path. The path of inner truth that was spoken of allegedly by Jesus when he said "The truth shall set you free"

This isn't the easy path. This isn't the path where someone else makes all the discoveries.
It isn't the path where we follow the "ONE" who "God" speaks to exclusively.

This is the long and winding road.

It isn't an easy path, but it is the only path to "TRUTH"

I have assembled a short article on meditation that should prove helpful to any who wish to follow this path here:

http://grandpasmurf9520.wordpress.com/2009/06...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Agnosticism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nut job atheists ranting and raving at street p... Feb 23 NSJ 2
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Feb 15 Thinking 321
Why the Term Agnosticism must be dropped from t... Feb 6 thetruth 24
Why I'm still a Catholic (Oct '13) Dec '14 True Christian wi... 144
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) Oct '14 hpcaban 386
A Really Good Thing (Jul '14) Jul '14 NightSerf 1
Spiritual Agnosticism what is it ? (Jan '13) Mar '14 The Word of Knowl... 3
More from around the web