A Trend in Agnosticism

Nov 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Greyhound

If you ever have a theological discussion anywhere on campus or on the Internet, then you're bound to come across a very unusual specimen: the agnostic.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Nov 24, 2012

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

The agnostic atheist is nothing more than the more honest person.

Since: Sep 10

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Agnosticism is gutless fence sitting.

In the court of public opinion, one might be able to give a wishy-washy answer - "Maybe it is, maybe it isn't".

But in the court of law and the science lab, we don't assume maybes. We say it's wrong until proven right, false until proven true. There can be no fence sitting when you're actually trying to prove something.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

P_Smith wrote:
Agnosticism is gutless fence sitting.
In the court of public opinion, one might be able to give a wishy-washy answer - "Maybe it is, maybe it isn't".
But in the court of law and the science lab, we don't assume maybes. We say it's wrong until proven right, false until proven true. There can be no fence sitting when you're actually trying to prove something.
Science is based on maybes, in a lab you don't assume anything. You are either a Poe or a complete moron.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

i'm only an atheist nothing more

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••